PDA

View Full Version : Nice Bar, lounge, club for older crowd??

jcrod
01-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Where are there places to go and have some drinks that is nice, not too crowded, older crowd (30-40), maybe some light live music..jazz or what not?

We've never really done the club scene and rarely go out besides going for dinner or friends house so not sure what's out there.

SequSpur
01-06-2010, 10:20 PM
vfw....fo

jcrod
01-06-2010, 10:23 PM
7-11 then back home

When is the last time you've been here? No 7-11 in years, but I hear ya, reason why I'm asking where?

I. Hustle
01-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Where do you live? I know SA but where in SA?

jcrod
01-06-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm Northwest, 410 Callahan area. But doesn't necessarily need to be here, I'll probably plan the evening around where we go. Downtown is an option also.

Cyrano
01-07-2010, 12:17 AM
VFW? You gotta be kidding. At 54 I'm usually the youngest guy around. Great group, though. (and yes, I'm a life member)

marini martini
01-07-2010, 12:50 AM
Candelejas for a nice romantic evening or the Colt .45 lounge off of highway 16S if you feel like droppin some major coin.

and getting killed for you liver!!!!:wow

:toast

Fat Bones
01-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Casbeers on Blancoerrrr...South Alamo, and Sam's Burger Joint down on Broadway are okay. I've had some fun there, and didn't blow a lot of cash. On the other end of the spectrum, you might look into the events planned around the Wine Fest.

http://www.casbeers.com/
http://www.samsburgerjoint.com/
http://www.sawinefest.com/

phyzik
01-07-2010, 02:45 AM
Never been there but Bogey's off of Callaghan and 410 is 25 and up. I heard its pretty cool as far as atmosphere. It's in that parking lot behind the Popeyes on the corner of Callaghan and 410.

Another cool place is the "I Dont Know yet Cafe and Lounge" off of babcock near hillcrest. It gets a little crazy late at night though. Dont play anyone in pool if they challenge you, they are all sharks there.

If it's during a weekday, go check out my friends bar.... Hotshots... It's off of 410 and Marbach, exactly right next to the first alamo Draft House. If you dont know where it is, it was where the old Westlakes theatres was. 1255 SW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78227

It's a pretty established bar now and has regulars daily, play what you want and people will love it. I advize not to go during the weekend though if your looking for a chill environment.

Also, check out La' tuna off of Probant and Alamo in downtown San Antonio. Its an outside bar, they encourage throwing your bottle caps on the ground. It's a really laid back place for the area, I have NEVER had a problem there and Im as white as anyone can be.

There is also "The Industry" near Malibu castle if your into 80's music.

bus driver
01-07-2010, 09:35 AM
cant remember the name but it is a cigar lounge off of I10 and Leon Springs.
just take the turn around and past the HEB and it is right after the Texas Med Clinic.
it has jazz music, cigars and older crowd, but they dont always play jazz music.

CosmicCowboy
01-07-2010, 11:32 AM
cant remember the name but it is a cigar lounge off of I10 and Leon Springs.
just take the turn around and past the HEB and it is right after the Texas Med Clinic.
it has jazz music, cigars and older crowd, but they dont always play jazz music.

Are you talking about that Cuban place? That place is a trip. I went to see a band I knew on the outside patio early and it was very laid back casual...then about 10 they started setting up the late night "Cuban" entertainment inside and all of a sudden these middle age singles started showing up like they were dressed for their high school prom...I mean...to the absolute 9's...I went inside to take a leak before I left and felt like a raw steak in a cougar cage...

panic giraffe
01-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Luna @ 6740 san pedro.

in 410 inbetween oblate and jackson keller.

good jazz, some blues. decent priced drinks, can make real good "old man drinks" think manhattan, or some other classic cocktail.
crowd is usually 30-40 professional types or mature 20somethings who don't want to deal with thugs.

or i hear salute on st.marys is good on wed for like hip-hop-jazz...

panic giraffe
01-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Another cool place is the "I Dont Know yet Cafe and Lounge" off of babcock near hillcrest. It gets a little crazy late at night though. Dont play anyone in pool if they challenge you, they are all sharks there.

Also, check out La' tuna off of Probant and Alamo in downtown San Antonio. Its an outside bar, they encourage throwing your bottle caps on the ground. It's a really laid back place for the area, I have NEVER had a problem there and Im as white as anyone can be.

no. just no to the first one. drinking + balcones heights PD = jail. period.

the second one is a for sure yes, but during warmer times.

CosmicCowboy
01-07-2010, 12:14 PM
The bar in "The Grill at Leon Springs" is small but very nice...quiet, a couple of TV's for games...great service...you can order food/appetizers at your table in the bar...

JudynTX
01-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Luna @ 6740 san pedro.

in 410 inbetween oblate and jackson keller.

good jazz, some blues. decent priced drinks, can make real good "old man drinks" think manhattan, or some other classic cocktail.
crowd is usually 30-40 professional types or mature 20somethings who don't want to deal with thugs.

or i hear salute on st.marys is good on wed for like hip-hop-jazz...

I live nearby, always wondered what that place was like. Thanks. :tu

katyon6th
01-07-2010, 08:18 PM

There is also "The Industry" near Malibu castle if your into 80's music.

Those are the worst suggestions ever. It's too fucking cold outside right now to go to La Tuna and The Industry is a gay dance club. I must admit, though, the 80's music is bumpin' hard there and I myself love it. But I wouldn't suggest it to someone who asked for suggestions on a nice bar, lounge or club with light live music.

My suggestion:

Silo in Alamo Heights: very chill, good food, awesome happy hour specials, typically have good bands playing and a solid crowd (mostly working professionals between 25-35+).

bus driver
01-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Are you talking about that Cuban place? That place is a trip. I went to see a band I knew on the outside patio early and it was very laid back casual...then about 10 they started setting up the late night "Cuban" entertainment inside and all of a sudden these middle age singles started showing up like they were dressed for their high school prom...I mean...to the absolute 9's...I went inside to take a leak before I left and felt like a raw steak in a cougar cage...

not sure if it is cuban. but it has a cigar store next to the restrooms. when i went it was an older crowd on the patio with a live jazz type band and inside was a cover 80s band. inside had alot of 20s women dancing that were pleasing to the eyes

Thunder Dan
01-08-2010, 11:17 AM
nevermind, texas doesn't have what I mentioned

redskinfan
01-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Broadway 5050 at waurzbach and I10...good diverse place.

jcrod
01-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks all, I think there's some good suggestions here.