PDA

View Full Version : Imagine how good the Lakers could be if they had a real PG

DazedAndConfused
01-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Fisher is without a doubt the worst starting PG in the NBA. His defense is so bad it outweighs any good he does on offense.

Amaso
01-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Fisher is without a doubt the worst starting PG in the NBA. His defense is so bad it outweighs any good he does on offense.

The problem is he's almost as bad on offense as he is on defense.

j.dizzle
01-07-2010, 12:34 AM
I used to always talk shit about Fish but he has made some ridiculously clutch shots so I'll refrain hahaha

mogrovejo
01-07-2010, 12:35 AM
I though that you were going to write something like "the Lakers would be much better if they had a real PG that could distribute the ball on offence instead of allowing Kobe to take every shot during almost 10 minutes".

j.dizzle
01-07-2010, 12:36 AM
Every team can say..."If we had this player on our team"..etc so its all good

DazedAndConfused
01-07-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm gay

Thanks for sharing.

XFactor
01-07-2010, 12:40 AM
He's one of the few that know the triangle offense really well which is why they picked him up again.

noob cake
01-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Imagine show shit Lakers are if they were never gifted Pau Gaso

Chieflion
01-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Chris Duhon says hi.

Mavs_man_41
01-07-2010, 12:42 AM
sup QueerandConfused

sook
01-07-2010, 12:43 AM
rafer of last year was worse.

Lars
01-07-2010, 01:02 AM
Rafer Alston is available!

ClipshowDynasty
01-07-2010, 01:03 AM
It's too muthafuckin bad that the fakeshow dont have Baron muthafuckin Davis bitches. No one will ever master the art of the halfcourt fadeaway like Baron muthafuckin Davis

iggypop123
01-07-2010, 01:04 AM
if they have health they can hide him

Ditty
01-07-2010, 01:09 AM
imagine how great the spurs would be if they had a young scoring center who can score,rebound and block shots :rolleyes

Def Rowe
01-07-2010, 01:11 AM
I though that you were going to write something like "the Lakers would be much better if they had a real PG that could distribute the ball on offence instead of allowing Kobe to take every shot during almost 10 minutes".

You must have missed the first half of tonight's game. He was looking for his team mates the whole time.

RedsLakers24
01-07-2010, 01:13 AM
Dont worry the Lakers Will Aquire Kirk Hinrich

ElNono
01-07-2010, 01:14 AM
What else do you want, Lakerfan? CP3 for Vujabitch and Walton's soggy balls?
GTFO! Like this shit isn't lopsided as it is.

baseline bum
01-07-2010, 01:15 AM
I don't see how any fucking Laker fan can shit on Fisher when he won you a road game in the Finals and basically ended the series.

TheSpursFNRule
01-07-2010, 01:17 AM
I don't see how any fucking Laker fan can shit on Fisher when he won you a road game in the Finals and basically ended the series.

this.

Def Rowe
01-07-2010, 01:20 AM

I know what you're sayin. I respect him forever for his contributions over the years. I hope he stays with the organization in some sort of coaching position.

It gets tiring seeing him get burned on defense all the time. He makes up for it selling offensive fouls and getting the odd steal. He can't make a layup to save his life though.

crc21209
01-07-2010, 01:22 AM

And then he'll hit one big shot in the Playoffs and you'll be right back on his nuts...:lol

cobbler
01-07-2010, 01:22 AM

Lots of respect for Fisher from me. However, I think his minutes need to be reduced with Brown and Farmar getting more. He would still be an effective locker room presence and situational player.

duhoh
01-07-2010, 01:23 AM

troof.

his shot put away the rockets.

mogrovejo
01-07-2010, 01:25 AM
You must have missed the first half of tonight's game. He was looking for his team mates the whole time.

Yeah, he only took eleven shots or so... :rolleyes

... which is the same that Pau Gasol is averaging per game...

... and Gasol is actually the 2nd Laker in FGA per game.

In any case, my point is that the 3rd quarter was completely bizarre. Some Lakers players simply didn't touch the ball for minutes and minutes.

ezau
01-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Imagine how good the Spurs would be if Stern gave Pau Gasol for free. What do you think?

iggypop123
01-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Imagine how good the Spurs would be if Stern gave Pau Gasol for free. What do you think?

he tried to give you a consolation prize with jefferson

Def Rowe
01-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Yeah, he only took eleven shots or so... :rolleyes

Imagine that, a 2 guard taking 11 shots in 22 minutes or so...

MiamiHeat
01-07-2010, 02:01 AM
yeah, damn lakers are suffering

i mean, what a shitty roster they have! they should totally get Chris Paul to be their PG, then they can really be complete.

*still hurting from fisher's 3 a few weeks ago*

TheMACHINE
01-07-2010, 02:09 AM
fucking fisher got raped like 5 times in a row by Davis...i was like WTF..get him out of there! He leaves, we tie the game =P

cobbler
01-07-2010, 02:13 AM

Or even more... imagine how better the Lakers would be if they tanked a season to get #1 lottery pick!

TheSpursFNRule
01-07-2010, 02:31 AM

yeah because an efficient wing man is really a consolation too an up and coming, hasn't even peaked yet big man. :lol

mytespurs
01-07-2010, 03:08 AM

Are you referring to the same Derek Fisher who has been clutch when the Lakers needed it most? Most recently.........2009 playoffs.

HarlemHeat37
01-07-2010, 03:59 AM
Fisher is still clutch as fuck, but he obviously is heavily lacking in ability at this point..he's the PG version of Michael Finley, it's basically uncanny..

Every team has their flaws though, including the Lakers..this is one of their main flaws..as one of the Laker fans explained in my previous Fisher thread though..Kobe loves him and trusts him, and I'm sure PJ feels the same way..when the 2 leaders of the team have your back, you know he isn't going anywhere..especially when Brown and Farmar are both inconsistent as well..

ezau
01-07-2010, 04:09 AM
Or even more... imagine how better the Lakers would be if they tanked a season to get #1 lottery pick!

Didn't you tank already to get Bynum in 05? Wait that wasn't enough so had to get Gasol right?

TheMACHINE
01-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Didn't you tank already to get Bynum in 05? Wait that wasn't enough so had to get Gasol right?

thank you Jerry West!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Shannon Brown is by the best PG on LA and by far best for LA's system. His combination of size and athleticism makes him a way better defender than someone as small as Farmar or as slow as Fisher. He's got all the tools to play the PG role in the triangle. He's not a great shooter but he's good enough to hit wide open shots when given to him and not bad enough to hurt the spacing, meanwhile he's got the athleticism to finish when the defense leaves him a lane to slash at the hoop. He also is a more efficient player than either Fisher or Farmar, both of them shooting 41% or less this year while he's almost shooting 46%. With the direction the PG position is going (more freak athletes every year like Westbrook, Rose, Evans, Rondo, and coming soon John Wall), Shannon Brown should be their PG.

Indazone
01-07-2010, 02:11 PM
I hear Rafer Alston is available for cheap.

hater
01-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Imagine how good any team could be if they got a top 10 bigman in exchange for their garbage

TheMACHINE
01-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Imagine how good any team could be if they got a top 5 bigman in exchange for their garbage

your team has alot of garbage...see what you can get.

ezau
01-08-2010, 12:41 AM
thank you Jerry West!

You're welcome

LOL@MavsFan
01-08-2010, 01:10 AM

I'm sure D Stern could hook it up like he did Pau and get Chris Paul for the Elf and Mbenga:lol

ezau
01-08-2010, 01:25 AM
I'm sure D Stern could hook it up like he did Pau and get Chris Paul for the Elf and Mbenga:lol

Stern is the Lakers' Santa but even better. Why? Because he gives the Lakers gifts even if it's not Christmas time:lol

LOL@MavsFan
01-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Stern is the Lakers' Santa but even better. Why? Because he gives the Lakers gifts even if it's not Christmas time:lol

I know that fuck has a Kobe jersey under that suit he's always wearing. That's what happens when you let a dirty Jew run a multi billion dollar league.

ezau
01-08-2010, 01:33 AM
I know that fuck has a Kobe jersey under that suit he's always wearing. That's what happens when you let a dirty Jew run a multi billion dollar league.

Spot on. That guy probably hasn't picked up a basketball his entire life yet he's running the world's greatest basketball league.

iggypop123
01-08-2010, 02:42 AM
I hear Rafer Alston is available for cheap.

the heat pounced on him

blkroadrunners
01-08-2010, 04:06 AM
Well Lakers could have given an extension and more minutes to this guy....

http://i47.tinypic.com/2mi0zz5.jpg

Oh wait...

wijayas
01-08-2010, 06:48 AM

Well, well, well... The Lakers can add Gilbert now for scraps (a la Pau Gasol). Lakers are guaranteed LOB for the next ten years! :toast

Halle Berry
01-08-2010, 08:19 AM
I wouldn't mind relegating Kobe to PG if we'd got another backbone on back court like O.J. Mayo. Dr Buss just needs to pick up the gun and get it done. Our d-league affiliate has plenty of decent guards IMHO.

wijayas
01-08-2010, 09:21 AM

Didn't you hear the latest gift from Stern to the Lakers? It is Derek Fisher swap with Chris Paul, straight up (well plus some scrubs)! :lol

pauls931
01-08-2010, 09:45 AM

You obviously have no clue about how your team's offense works.

Kibic
01-08-2010, 11:44 AM
That's why they will take Beno Udrih from Kings!

hater
01-08-2010, 11:44 AM
LOL that would be fantastic. Beno really shines under playoff pressure

mogrovejo
01-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Imagine that, a 2 guard taking 11 shots in 22 minutes or so...

Geez... Lakers fan never cease to surprise. I'm not even sure what to say.

You first claim that in the 1st half Kobe "was looking for his team mates the whole time". Then you present the fact that he took 11 shots in 20 minutes like evidence of that. You are definitely a Lakers fan because you just seem clueless about reality - or how the world is outside of the cult of Kobe. 11 shots in 20 minutes are translated to 19.8 per 36 minutes.

Do you have any idea how many players in the entire league shoot the ball at that pace? Here it is:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&type=per_minute&per_minute_base=36&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2010&year_max=2010&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&lg_id=&franch_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=&c1stat=fga_per_mp&c1comp=gt&c1val=19.8&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=ws

So, 4 guys (Mills sample is just too small). Meaning that when Kobe is shooting at a pace that only 4 guys in the entire league average he's actually "looking for his team mates the whole time". You actually thought that 11 shots in 20 minutes was low for shooting-guard. Amazing. There are no words to describe the reasoning of Lakers fans.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-08-2010, 12:05 PM

mogrovejo
01-08-2010, 12:35 PM

Neither do you, it seems.

There is no distinction between the 1 and 2 guards in the triple post offence (or triangle offence). None. Zero. Kobe can perfectly play the "PG" position.

The triple post offence initial alignment is a 2-1-2. The guy that makes the "one pass" becomes the lead guard. It only depends on the side of the floor where the offence is initiated and which way they go. So, that often repeated mantra that goes "the PG in the triangle is just a spot-up shooter, the SG is the playmaker" is a myth.

(in any case, the Lakers run the triangle less and less).

Recommended:
http://www.championshipproductions.com/cgi-bin/champ/p/Basketball/The-Encyclopedia-of-the-Triangle-Offense_BD-02610.html

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Neither do you, it seems.

There is no distinction between the 1 and 2 guards in the triple post offence (or triangle offence). None. Zero. Kobe can perfectly play the "PG" position.

The triple post offence initial alignment is a 2-1-2. The guy that makes the "one pass" becomes the lead guard. It only depends on the side of the floor where the offence is initiated and which way they go. So, that often repeated mantra that goes "the PG in the triangle is just a spot-up shooter, the SG is the playmaker" is a myth.

(in any case, the Lakers run the triangle less and less).

Recommended:
http://www.championshipproductions.com/cgi-bin/champ/p/Basketball/The-Encyclopedia-of-the-Triangle-Offense_BD-02610.html

What the fuck is offence?

mogrovejo
01-08-2010, 12:44 PM
What the fuck is offence?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences#-ce.2C_-se

:toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-08-2010, 12:46 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences#-ce.2C_-se

:toast

Neat, so it's got something to do with British basketball. I didn't know the Lakers played in England.

BadOdor
01-08-2010, 12:46 PM
We need pau back. His mobility as a big man covers up some of fish's mistakes.... but seriously we need a new starting point guard.

mogrovejo
01-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Someone is butt-hurt once again.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Someone is butt-hurt once again.

Not really, it's pretty fuckin simple actually. Every single Phil Jackson team has had a role player at PG and a franchise SG. That's not some wild coincidence. Are you gonna still be a Celtics fan once Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett don't play there anymore?

DazedAndConfused
01-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Not really, it's pretty fuckin simple actually. Every single Phil Jackson team has had a role player at PG and a franchise SG. That's not some wild coincidence. Are you gonna still be a Celtics fan once Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett don't play there anymore?

YsXPZVPIjxE

mogrovejo
01-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Not really, it's pretty fuckin simple actually. Every single Phil Jackson team has had a role player at PG and a franchise SG. That's not some wild coincidence.

Yes it is. I've already explained the basics to you. Go to your public library and read Tex's book, it's very probable it's available there. Or buy the DVD if you really want to get into it.

Are you gonna still be a Celtics fan once Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett don't play there anymore?

This one again? It's even worse than the offence/offense one. Someone is really, really butt-hurt. Talk basketball, kid. When you don't know something, learn and move on. Getting owned and resorting to this kind of bickering only makes you look bad.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Yes it is. I've already explained the basics to you. Go to your public library and read Tex's book, it's very probable it's available there. Or buy the DVD if you really want to get into it.

You haven't explained shit. Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are shooting guards. Derek Fisher and Ron Harper are point guards. Pretty fuckin simple.

This one again? It's even worse than the offence/offense one. Someone is really, really butt-hurt. Talk basketball, kid. When you don't know something, learn and move on. Getting owned and resorting to this kind of bickering only makes you look bad.

I'm not butthurt at all son, but it is funny you didn't answer the question.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Tex Winter on the triangle:

I rejected the idea on relying only on a point guard, who must make all the ball handling decisions: I think, ultimately, that a good opponent would pressure and destroy a point-guard oriented team

mogrovejo
01-08-2010, 01:49 PM
You haven't explained shit. Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are shooting guards. Derek Fisher and Ron Harper are point guards. Pretty fuckin simple.

In the triple-post offence there's no distinction between guards (as I noted, the Lakers don't run the triangle offence all the time, neither the Bulls did). It's a 2 guard front offence. Once again, read the book. You can perfectly run the triangle with Deron Williams and Kyle Korver. Nash and Richardson. Or, ideally, with Deron Williams and Kobe.

mogrovejo
01-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Tex Winter on the triangle:

Exactly, that's why he designed the offence around 2 guards where each one of them can be the lead guard, depending on which side the pass one takes place. See? Now you're learning something.

lefty
01-08-2010, 01:52 PM
A real PG wouldn't work in the Lakers's sytem

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Exactly, that's why he designed the offence around 2 guards where each one of them can be the lead guard

Because he wanted to de-emphasize the importance of a point guard and reduce the role and the amount of time the PG had the ball in his hands, am I wrong?

j.dizzle
01-08-2010, 02:10 PM
You dont need a true PG in the triangle..Havent you noticed that Lamar or a few others handle the ball up the court half the time.

j.dizzle
01-08-2010, 02:12 PM
All the lakers ask from fisher these days is to take a few charges & make a couple wide open three's a game..but it seems like he cant do eithert anymore hahahaha...Unless its a huge game in the playoffs

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-08-2010, 02:16 PM
You can perfectly run the triangle with Deron Williams and Kyle Korver. Nash and Richardson.

:lmao no you couldn't.

Complete players well-versed in fundamental movement, ball handling, screening, and shooting skills will perform the tasks demanded of them within the offense more effectively and consistently.

I wouldn't consider Quentin Richardson or Kyle Korver a player well versed in ball handling.

jag
01-08-2010, 02:27 PM
LOL that would be fantastic. Beno really shines under playoff pressure

:lol

I actually really liked Beno. The guy had natural PG potential...but after he failed to move the ball past half-court against Detroit it pretty much just went downhill psychologically.
Pop tried to deal with Beno like he dealt with Tony...and beno just isn't built like that. Notice how Pop is dealing with Hill, it's worlds apart from Tony.

Banzai
01-08-2010, 04:08 PM
I like Fish..but he needs to know when to not drive down the lane for a lay up..because he's either going to fly out of bounds or get his shit blocked hardcore.