adidas11
04-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Dallas is fucked.

Duff McCartney
04-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Start tooting your own horn Mouse.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 11:39 PM
toot my van horn, more like "van horn is the biggest choker of his respective draft class"

did you see cuban's face???? rofl

Ginofan
04-25-2005, 11:40 PM
the series isn't over but damn it does feel a little good to have Mouse reaching for the shower rod.

SequSpur
04-25-2005, 11:40 PM
All I know is where in the hell are all those TMAC naysayers after the trade went down?

Exactly.

SequSpur
04-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Avery isn't even going to make it past his 90 day probation time.

Kori Ellis
04-25-2005, 11:42 PM
Nobody say anything about the Mavs. Remember the Karma!

True. Spurs fans should wait until after Wednesday night before tooting their Horns.

maxpower
Dirk is the one who is letting the team down. Van Horn may have passed a shot but Dirk has been MIA 2 games.

Cant_Be_Faded
i still think mavs will win the series if they keep their confidence and composure

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2005, 11:43 PM
i'm not talking smack im asking a legit question....

do you guys think this series is essentially over?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Dirk is the one who is letting the team down. Van Horn may have passed a shot but Dirk has been MIA 2 games.

van horn passed up two wide open shots at a pivotal point in the game then his innate lack of basketball iq was exposed dirty style by not getting in a shooters face with milliseconds left in regulation

tddunks01
04-25-2005, 11:44 PM
All I know is where in the hell are all those TMAC naysayers after the trade went down?

Exactly.

i dont think anyone doubted his talent, but his heart was in question. good shit though tmac...i hate the mavs & and lil avery j "jaapaaaan"

Ginofan
04-25-2005, 11:44 PM

Nope.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-25-2005, 11:45 PM
Tmac has been up 3-1 in a series and lost, so this series is far from over, but i think rockets win in 6.

Duff McCartney
04-25-2005, 11:45 PM
Tmac has been up 3-1 in a series and lost, so this series is far from over, but i think rockets win in 6.

TMac didn't have Yao, and the Mavs aren't as good as the Pistons are defensively.

SequSpur
04-25-2005, 11:46 PM

Sweep. Guaranteed.

Cant_Be_Faded
mcgrady's cockiness is a weakness and it will be exposed...if not against dallas then against a better team in the near future

baseline bum
Van Horn is the most worthless player in the league.

grjr
04-25-2005, 11:47 PM

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-25-2005, 11:48 PM
TMac didn't have Yao, and the Mavs aren't as good as the Pistons are defensively.

Yao is inconsistent

Cant_Be_Faded
Van Horn is the most worthless player in the league.

we have a winner :)

SequSpur
mcgrady's cockiness is a weakness and it will be exposed...if not against dallas then against a better team in the near future

?

They just went up 2 0 on the Mavs and are heading home to close out. Now he is weak?

Dude damn near did it all by himself.

The dude is Jordanesque.

Cant_Be_Faded
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??

please be joking

timvp
04-25-2005, 11:49 PM
Where is Whotttt? Wasn't he the one saying that Manu is a better player than TMac?

:lol

Cant_Be_Faded
he'll show up once brent barry shows up

tddunks01
dude you have all that talent, and head coach give up his position to give you opp...you are done suckaaaa. cuban is probably calling phil jackson right now.

thats what you get for running the score up on us.

timvp
04-25-2005, 11:50 PM
You can't win a girls high school tournament with Van Horn on your team.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 11:52 PM
or with 5 players of various heights that have identical strengths/weaknesses

SequSpur
04-25-2005, 11:52 PM
Where is Whotttt? Wasn't he the one saying that Manu is a better player than TMac?

?

Him and the Argentineans. :rolleyes

ducks
04-25-2005, 11:53 PM
question aj lovers

is avery getting outcoached?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
The mavs need CON-FAH-DENTS

Obstructed_View

Exactly.
If TMac wins four games before he talks about being in the second round, I'll ease up on him. There was never any doubt about his talent, but he's had bigger leads in a series before. He is well on his way to earning an apology from me, though.

And fuck karma. If the Spurs can't take care of their own business it's their problem. I hate the Mavericks organization and revel in their failures. My voice is almost gone. The last time I yelled this loud was when Duncan hit the shot over Shaq.

I certainly hope John calls Brent and challenges his ass to step up.

SequSpur
04-25-2005, 11:54 PM
If there are two teams that must not win, IMO, its Phoenix and Dallas. Late.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 11:55 PM
I certainly hope John calls Brent and challenges his ass to step up.

amen to that bro

ducks
04-25-2005, 11:55 PM
THIS RESULT WILL MAKE THE NEXTFEW DAYS BETTER tell the spurs play

Obstructed_View
04-25-2005, 11:57 PM
question aj lovers

is avery getting outcoached?
I said before this series started not to ignore the JVG playoff factor, so yes he's being outcoached in the same way that Tim Duncan outplays Kenyon Martin; if it happens it's not unexpected. That said, AJ has told his guys to go to the hole and for two straight games his supposed MVP candidate has stood back shooting jump shots and fade-aways.

I still think AJ is a good coach, especially considering that Don Nelson threw him under the bus like he did.

Charlie
04-25-2005, 11:57 PM
Avery has the answers!

Obstructed_View
04-25-2005, 11:59 PM
If there are two teams that must not win, IMO, its Phoenix and Dallas. Late.
I asked about this in the NBA forum and didn't get an answer, but I think Phoenix looks beatable if Memphis decides to stop double teaming and sagging defenders into the paint.

grjr
04-25-2005, 11:59 PM
please be joking

**Moving to 70's movie trivia forum**

tddunks01
04-26-2005, 12:00 AM
timvp,
K. Van Horn 11 5-6 0-1 3-3 0 0 0 0 5 1 1 0 13

looks like he did his job as a role player, by the way why did he pull dampier for kvh with about 2mins left?????????????? ada boy avery.

tddunks01
04-26-2005, 12:02 AM
MAVS = Losers

Amuseddaysleeper
04-26-2005, 12:03 AM
MAVS = Losers

please dont let that be us after gm 2

SequSpur
04-26-2005, 12:03 AM
Avery screwed this game up, but you know, TMac was just killing them. That dude is unstoppable.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2005, 12:04 AM
Somebody just asked AJ why he didn't play Daniels, and AJ said "have you been in a playoff game before? Well you can't play everybody in the playoffs." There's your answer.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2005, 12:05 AM
MAVS = Losers
The trolls are bad enough when they are on the other side.

boutons
04-26-2005, 12:06 AM
The Mavs are done. They aren't strong enough to take 4 of 5 off the Rockets, esp to get 3 W's @HOU. The Rockets showed great composure when the Mavs took the lead.

The Rockets have drawn blood, and will turn the Mavs into hamburger @HOU.

My appreciation of JVG continues to grow. The Rockets/Suns series will be superb basketball. Rockets will take it.

The look of despair on Cuban's face was priceless. Why does the TNT camera crew think the veiwers want to see this monkey's grimaces and waste a camera on him? Do their ratings and ad revenues go up with Cubans mug shown so many times?

The Spurs obviously watched tonight. A close game, a couple of bounces the wrong way, a missed jumper, game over. 0-2 and then limp out onto the road to Denver. A fucking nightmare.

Playoff intensity in DAL tonight, totally different from the Spurs' uninspired, luke-warm effort last night.

ShoogarBear
04-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Cuban reminds me of the Joaquin Phoenix character in Gladiator.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2005, 12:08 AM
The look of despair on Cuban's face was priceless. Why does the TNT camera crew think the veiwers want to see this monkey's grimaces and waste a camera on him? Do their ratings and ad revenues go up with Cubans mug shown so many times?
I go back with PVR and watch him pouting after every loss. The Cuban Pout Cam is one of my favorite parts.

Spurminator
04-26-2005, 12:11 AM
The Mavs have the better team, but they are getting out played and (unfortunately) outcoached. Van Gundy has a perfect defensive system working against Nowitzki.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Whatever. I still think the mavs are in this. Houston is good, mcgrady's bad ass, but they still have weaknesses, and it's AJ and Lil Nellie's job to exploit that.

mouse
04-26-2005, 12:17 AM
That was a cool game to watch. yes the Mavs lost but it was a close game, And I look at the big picture. Unlike the band wagon spur fan who is upset with Sundays game although it was a good game, You folks forget someone has to lose. I thought the Spurs did a good job keeping it close. So what if Tim was cooled? MJ had many games like that,

So if you think I am biter or scared or etc....? You better check your own history as a fan, I was there when the Spurs got swept by the lakers and not one of you was left on the wagon, Just me and Little General and Almo50 You guys all wanted Pops head on a plate. I was the one who made topics like "Pop has a plan" even though they was down by two in the first round.

So don't think for one minute I am going to melt down or run from any weak smack you, or any one on the radio TV can offer. I will stick it out like I always did and when the Mighty Mighty mavericks win the 2005 NBA Championship you and all your Screen names will have to kiss my Dallas Maverick Ass!

Unlike you? I won't jump off a wagon during the season. And I know when to give the Rockets their props, mcgrady was unstoppable, and I wish he was a Maverick.

Funny how no one here can give the Nuggets any props...

see what I mean about being a fan?

PS: I would have replied sooner but the topic said no Mav talk so I avoided it.

Botom-line Horn Blows :lmao

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Mouses-mojo.jpg

Cant_Be_Faded
04-26-2005, 12:19 AM
one day i will make a picture of your cuban picture but edit out his evil face and insert his whiny benefactor face

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-26-2005, 12:23 AM
I never thought this day was coming but,I have to agree with mouse, I mean we lose 1 game and people start threads like "There is no god"

Obstructed_View
04-26-2005, 12:24 AM
Van Gundy took an 8 seed to the finals and outcoached Pat Riley, Lenny Wilkens, Larry Bird, and Pop along the way. Pop won the series but it was with vastly superior talent. Nobody else beat the Spurs twice in the playoffs IIRC.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-26-2005, 12:25 AM
he's like a white Hitch

ShoogarBear
04-26-2005, 12:25 AM
Nobody else beat the Spurs twice in the playoffs IIRC. Um, the Knicks didn't beat them twice.

Their only two losses in 1999 were to Minnesota and the Knicks.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Um, the Knicks didn't beat them twice.

Their only two losses in 1999 were to Minnesota and the Knicks.
Um. Look up "IIRC". I didn't. But thanks for leaping on it. Must've been '03 that they lost twice?

ShoogarBear
04-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Um, you said "nobody else" beat the Spurs twice.

The fact is that nobody beat the Spurs twice.

You weren't just wrong, you weren't even close.

I'm sorry if you've never had your mistakes corrected before.

totalspurshomer
04-26-2005, 12:37 AM
http://www.imagebarrel.com/img/05/115/06/mcgradyridesbradley.jpg

Obstructed_View
04-26-2005, 12:38 AM
Um, you said "nobody else" beat the Spurs twice.

The fact is that nobody beat the Spurs twice.

You weren't just wrong, you weren't even close.

I'm sorry if you've never had your mistakes corrected before.
Wow. Settle down, Francis. I said I made a mistake. Grow a fuckin' sense of humor. :spin

mouse
04-26-2005, 12:41 AM
BELIEVE !

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/a-4.jpg

Obstructed_View
04-26-2005, 12:42 AM
^That's awesome. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
04-26-2005, 12:44 AM
is that *stuff* ?????

thats pretty tight, you had one of those old big style tv's

my family used to have one of those, it was the shit.

Kori Ellis
04-26-2005, 12:44 AM
No, it's oregano.

Duncanoypi
04-26-2005, 12:46 AM
This one's for you MOUSE!

http://img259.echo.cx/img259/1922/tmacdunk1dt.gif

Duncanoypi
04-26-2005, 12:47 AM
http://img178.echo.cx/img178/1122/4q6ee88wl.jpg

mouse
04-26-2005, 12:56 AM
No, it's oregano.

And T Park is anorexic :lmao

polandprzem
04-26-2005, 05:35 AM
mouse are you true Mavs fan?

maxpower
04-26-2005, 08:22 AM
Of course not...he talks about jumping off the bandwagon and here he is 3 years into his new team. Everyone knows the self-proclaimed fan who doesn't get emotional when their team loses because they are casual fans. They only watch games because it's the cool thing to do.

You don't have to be an avery lover or hater to realize he was going to be outcoached. You'd have to be fairly new to basketball to think otherwise. He does not even have half a season under his belt coaching. Coaching the playoffs is a whole different animal. He was going to make mistakes. From what I've seen most of his mistakes were inexperienced errors. Had his stud player made a few more baskets, any mistakes would have been overcome.

Pandaemonaeon
04-26-2005, 08:28 AM
Why can't we all just get along, fellow Texasonians? Look at me, I'm a Mavs and Spurs fan. If Dallas gets bumped early, I still have hopes for SA. It's cowboys and indians. We're the cowboys and they (Denver, Phoenix, and whatnot) are the indians except that they don't have funny noses and can speak english.

Supergirl
04-26-2005, 08:29 AM
I think Mavs will not let themselves get swept. But I think the Rockets will win in 6.

I never would have predicted the Mavs to lose both Game 1 and 2 at home. Going into the playoffs they were the team I feared for the Spurs the most. I'm stunned. One article I read (I think it was Yahoo Sports) was crediting Ryan Bowen's D on Dirk as the difference maker...

Pandaemonaeon
04-26-2005, 08:35 AM
No defensive scheme has ever stopped Dirk before, so I surely doubt Bowen flailing around like a monkey is much difficult in comparison. Dirk will wake up from this cold spell and hopefully he bounces big. I'm talking in the 40 range!

Supergirl
04-26-2005, 08:43 AM
No defensive scheme has ever stopped Dirk before, so I surely doubt Bowen flailing around like a monkey is much difficult in comparison. Dirk will wake up from this cold spell and hopefully he bounces big. I'm talking in the 40 range!

Uh...Lots of people can "stop" Dirk...that is can force him into shooting a low percentage or not scoring more than 15 points...Duncan, Shaq, Rasheed, Ben Wallace, KG, hell, even Chris Webber did an OK job on Dirk. He's like Nash - he's a great scorer but not a good defender and not good at adjusting to D played against him.

Solid D
04-26-2005, 08:48 AM
:rollin Great pic of McGrady with the 10-gallon hat. The Rockets' intensity, defense, and clutch shooting is awesome. They are playing at a very high level. Spurs fans know this all too well from when the Spurs have played the Rockets this season.

jalbre6
04-26-2005, 09:09 AM
The Mavs have the better team, but they are getting out played and (unfortunately) outcoached. Van Gundy has a perfect defensive system working against Nowitzki.

Yup. The channel 21 guys said the same thing last night. Dirk's something like 9 for 35 in the series.

And that "fuck you" look T-Mac gave the Mavs bench after canning his J was priceless.

Ishta
04-26-2005, 09:34 AM
That game made my day... I actually laughed out loud when T-Mac gave the bench that fuck ya look :lol However, I feel for the not have mavs at the moment.. They have a long and trecherous mountain to climb. I don't envy them.

whottt
04-26-2005, 09:35 AM

Where was TimVPPPPPPPPPP the last time we played the Rockets?

I don't recall him making this kind of commentary after that game.

Besides...shouldn't you be unhappy the Mavs are losing?

whottt
04-26-2005, 09:37 AM
Yeah keep laughing at the Mavs...just remember their coach was a protege of ours...and our loss is going to be twice as humiliating...We're the team with the second best record in the NBA in the process of a major choke.

nkdlunch
04-26-2005, 09:39 AM
yeah I'd wait until Spurs game 2 is over before talking shit

jalbre6
04-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Yeah keep laughing at the Mavs...just remember their coach was a protege of ours...and our loss is going to be twice as humiliating...We're the team with the second best record in the NBA in the process of a major choke.

Well, Dallas had the third best record, just one game behind SA. And the Rockets only won two games more than the Nuggettts.

One loss at home in a best of seven is a problem. Two losses at home makes one question a team's testicular fortitude.

whottt
04-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Well, Dallas had the third best record, just one game behind SA. And the Rockets only won two games more than the Nuggettts.

One loss at home in a best of seven is a problem. Two losses at home makes one question a team's testicular fortitude.

We haven't played 2 games at home yet...Give us a chance!

And question the Mavs testicular fortitude all you want...but just remember they gave us the worst whipping of the season.

No one is going to enjoy AJ going down in flames more than I...

I just don't see what's so funny given the major choke by our team in it's last game...

Pot meet kettle...

jalbre6
04-26-2005, 09:55 AM
We haven't played 2 games at home yet...Give us a chance!

And question the Mavs testicular fortitude all you want...but just remember they gave us the worst whipping of the season.

Yeah, I know. I was there at the AAC.

SA lost because there was a manhole cover on top of the basket in the 4th quarter. Dallas' two losses are because Avery doesn't have anyone to wear McGrady down with. Then last night, when he _finally_ put Finley on T-Mac, Yao and The Other Barry went off.

101A
04-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Van Gundy took an 8 seed to the finals and outcoached Pat Riley, Lenny Wilkens, Larry Bird, and Pop along the way. Pop won the series but it was with vastly superior talent. Nobody else beat the Spurs twice in the playoffs IIRC.

Knicks didn't even beat Spurs ONCE - Game 3 was a Bevetta special.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I bet he got paid lots of money for that one.

Duff McCartney
04-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Unlike the band wagon spur fan who is upset with Sundays game although it was a good game, You folks forget someone has to lose. I thought the Spurs did a good job keeping it close. So what if Tim was cooled? MJ had many games like that,

So if you think I am biter or scared or etc....? You better check your own history as a fan, I was there when the Spurs got swept by the lakers and not one of you was left on the wagon, Just me and Little General and Almo50 You guys all wanted Pops head on a plate. I was the one who made topics like "Pop has a plan" even though they was down by two in the first round.

You're an idiot Mouse. Aren't you the one who jumped off the Spurs bandwagon after they lost to the Lakers in 02? Pop has a plan? I guess you're one of those bandwagon Spurs fans that couldn't stand around and wait for the plan.

Dre_7
04-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Remember when Finley was good?

Neither do I.

Whatever. Finley was a great player (too bad he has to be in Dallas! Why the hell do all the good Badgers go to The Mavs, Wack!), and is still very good. Dont hate!

Duff McCartney
04-26-2005, 04:24 PM
http://tinypic.com/4qlbmw