PDA

View Full Version : questions asked at science fair by judges

spursballer21
01-07-2010, 08:32 AM
im new into science fair and in high school and would like to know what they ask

Halle Berry
01-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Science is an overrated scam.

Drachen
01-07-2010, 09:47 AM
what they ask? I dont understand. I guess you are talking about what the judges will ask you. Its likely that they will ask you about your project, results, etc.
On a related note you are in high school and this is your first science fair?

clambake
01-07-2010, 09:58 AM
if they criticize your conclusion, tell them it was God's will.

I. Hustle
01-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Depends on your project. Let us know what it is and maybe we can help. I better not hear solar system or volcano though. If it is either of those two the judges will just kick you in the nuts.

cornbread
01-07-2010, 11:32 AM
I volunteer each year as a judge for a state-wide science fair. I'm always trying to figure out how much parent involvement played in the construction of the project. It's usually as simple as asking something like, "Nice welding job on the electric car. How did you pull that off?" Kids are typically honest in the moment and will come right out and say their dad did it, unless their parents coached them to say otherwise.

Judges will, or at least should, appreciate the work that is done by students more than the project that was obviously built by dad. If you and your teammates did all the construction yourself, be sure to mention that by explaining the process.

Drachen
01-07-2010, 12:00 PM
I volunteer each year as a judge for a state-wide science fair. I'm always trying to figure out how much parent involvement played in the construction of the project. It's usually as simple as asking something like, "Nice welding job on the electric car. How did you pull that off?" Kids are typically honest in the moment and will come right out and say their dad did it, unless their parents coached them to say otherwise.

Judges will, or at least should, appreciate the work that is done by students more than the project that was obviously built by dad. If you and your teammates did all the construction yourself, be sure to mention that by explaining the process.

Funny that you use electric car as an example. My favorite science project that I ever did was my 6th grade science project where I built a solar car. I still have the report that I typed up for that one and it is still pretty impressive. My dad showed me how to solder (sp?) for that one, but I did all the soldering on the actual project. Though my mom did type the last half (5 pages) of my report. I did include a thank you page that stated that.