PDA

View Full Version : Is this a bunnyhop travel?

Fabbs
01-07-2010, 08:57 AM
http://ballhype.com/video/kobe-bryant-game-winning-shot-vs-kings-1-1-10-wmv/

At the 1:48-1:52 mark, notice how the player catches the ball with feet on floor, does not dribble at all, leaves his feet completely, lands on both feet.

Is this or is this not a travel according to NBA rules? Which Stern fauxed he was going to clean up the travelling some time ago.

Also, out of bounds on the shot?

XFactor
01-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Even if it was travel they're not going to call it simply beecause it was at the end of the game. You realize how many teams would have been screwed over if they were making calls at the end of the game?

And why are people still talking about this..

Fabbs
01-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Even if it was travel they're not going to call it simply beecause it was at the end of the game. You realize how many teams would have been screwed over if they were making calls at the end of the game?
The teams trying to defend the travellers are the ones getting screwed.
This nonsense about "it's a call in the 1st quarter but not in the 4th" is b.s.

And why are people still talking about this..
I wanted to know if it was a travel according to the rules as Stern said he would clean up. Couldn't be any clearer.

XFactor
01-07-2010, 09:37 AM
The teams trying to defend the travellers are the ones getting screwed.
This nonsense about "it's a call in the 1st quarter but not in the 4th" is b.s.

I wanted to know if it was a travel according to the rules as Stern said he would clean up. Couldn't be any clearer.

And no its not travel because he took the bounce as he was receiving the ball.

Fabbs
01-07-2010, 09:51 AM
And no its not travel because he took the bounce as he was receiving the ball.
what??

XFactor
01-07-2010, 10:00 AM
what??

He bunnyhopped in the act of receiving the ball.

4down
01-07-2010, 10:09 AM
He definitely hopped after receiving the ball. Travel.

Fabbs
01-07-2010, 10:12 AM
He bunnyhopped in the act of receiving the ball.
He clearly has the ball and is on his right foot only. He then jumps off his right foot and goes completely in the air. So b.s.

Are you one of monoslobs 14 made up profiles?

Chieflion
01-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Travel. Even though he had only one hand on the ball while on the hop, he had control of the ball.

Will Hunting
01-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Are you one of monoslobs 14 made up profiles?

You are one dumb douchebag.

mogrovejo
01-07-2010, 10:29 AM
No travel. Alights from one foot, lands on both feet simultaneously, jumps and releases the ball before returning with either foot to the floor. Legal jump-stop and a very clear case, for that matter. Odd to me how can people think this is illegal, no wonder NBA refs have such a bad reputation: people simply don't know the most basic rules.

Out of bounds: it seems that way, hard to be 100% sure.

The most obvious call the refs missed was the illegal screen from Kobe. He wasn't stationary when there was the contact with Rodriguez.

mogrovejo
01-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Oh, and this isn't a travel under new NBA rules, the old NBA rules (that are exactly the same), FIBA rules, etc. etc.

Mel_13
01-07-2010, 10:53 AM
No travel.

NBA players will be able to take two steps before they have to stop, pass or shoot this season.

The NBA has put into writing a rule allowing players on the move to gather the ball, after driving or catching it, and then take two steps. Throughout NBA history, the rulebook said players could take one step.

The new rule reads, in part: "A player who receives the ball while he is progressing or upon completion of a dribble, may take two steps in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4563546

ffadicted
01-07-2010, 11:02 AM
No travel.

NBA players will be able to take two steps before they have to stop, pass or shoot this season.

The NBA has put into writing a rule allowing players on the move to gather the ball, after driving or catching it, and then take two steps. Throughout NBA history, the rulebook said players could take one step.

The new rule reads, in part: "A player who receives the ball while he is progressing or upon completion of a dribble, may take two steps in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4563546

It's settled then. Not that it would've made a difference had the Kings decided to actually attempt to play defense.

mogrovejo
01-07-2010, 11:04 AM
The rules didn't change. They just replaced the word "count" with "step" (a bad decision, in my opinion, as it makes the rule more difficult to understand - but Henry Abbot was just too dumb...).

Chieflion
01-07-2010, 11:05 AM
It's settled then. Not that it would've made a difference had the Kings decided to actually attempt to play defense.
I agree there was no travel, but there was a clear moving screen with Kobe stepping on Sergio's foot, anyone with league pass would have seen the play during the halftime show. Kobe's foot was on the line was a split second. And people still think Sergio flopped when the game was on the line. He got stepped on, and lost his footing. I don't think it was difficult to conceive, thus resulting in the open 3 point shot.

z0sa
01-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Fuck the refs - completely inconsistent, every ref has his own ideas of what fouls and violations are. It's ridiculous that the NBA does not batter these guys into uniformity, rather than giving them a free reign over the rules.

Fabbs
01-07-2010, 06:55 PM
I agree there was no travel, but there was a clear moving screen with Kobe stepping on Sergio's foot, anyone with league pass would have seen the play during the halftime show. Kobe's foot was on the line was a split second. And people still think Sergio flopped when the game was on the line. He got stepped on, and lost his footing. I don't think it was difficult to conceive, thus resulting in the open 3 point shot.
Halftime of what game?

Mavs_man_41
01-07-2010, 07:05 PM
if you weren't the notorious Faggs i might consider giving an honest response to your question

Chieflion
01-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Halftime of what game?
Last week. They always show the same halftime show. I forgot what day though. It was Rick Kamla and Dennis Scott talking about Kobe's 3 game winners and they showed the Kobe moving screen.

Fabbs
01-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Last week. They always show the same halftime show. I forgot what day though. It was Rick Kamla and Dennis Scott talking about Kobe's 3 game winners and they showed the Kobe moving screen.
Did they show the out of bounds play?
With any conclusive angle?

Chieflion
01-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Did they show the out of bounds play?
With any conclusive angle?
You could see his feet and the line for sure. There was no conclusive angle that would make you 100% sure he stepped out of bounds or not. But Westphal did not bitch about it so I guess he did not really step out of bounds and pulled a Sean Elliott.