PDA

View Full Version : sons just another TYPICAL night for the media's "best player in the NBA"

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 10:22 AM
sure he put up 33 points last night in a LOSS against the Clippers (lol) ... but lets look a little deeper into the facts since ESPN will ONLY mention ... "Kobe delivers 33 points, but his teammates couldn't help him out!"... bullshit

- 10 of 30 shooting ... yep sons nothing new here. it took him 30 shot attempts and a well below .500 FG% as usual to get those 33 points

- 11 of 15 from the line ... again nothing new here as well. the refs had to help inflate his scoring numbers by giving him freebies at the line since he can't shoot the ball worth a damn and earn the points himself.

MiamiHeat
01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
I know, it's garbage that the NBA and ESPN does that crap

the average 'fan' sees the stats and doesn't know the whole story. :toast

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 10:37 AM
I know, it's garbage that the NBA and ESPN does that crap

the average 'fan' sees the stats and doesn't know the whole story. :toast

its downright pathetic is what it is and you are exactly right. the average fan only sees one stat and one stat only ... POINTS PER GAME. hence why ESPN obsesses over it.

Gaylord M. Focker
01-07-2010, 10:38 AM
BRHornet, whose nipples are those in your sig? You can milk anything with nipples, and I really want to milk those right about now.

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 10:42 AM
BRHornet, whose nipples are those in your sig? You can milk anything with nipples, and I really want to milk those right about now.

son that is Jessica Simpson ... lovely indeed.

MiamiHeat
01-07-2010, 10:47 AM

http://www.celebritymood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/jessica-simpson-nipple-poking.jpg

Double-Up
01-07-2010, 10:48 AM
http://www.celebritymood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/jessica-simpson-nipple-poking.jpg

Damn...she looks good.

LOL@MavsFan
01-07-2010, 10:49 AM
sure he put up 33 points last night in a LOSS against the Clippers (lol) ... but lets look a little deeper into the facts since ESPN will ONLY mention ... "Kobe delivers 33 points, but his teammates couldn't help him out!"... bullshit

- 10 of 30 shooting ... yep sons nothing new here. it took him 30 shot attempts and a well below .500 FG% as usual to get those 33 points

- 11 of 15 from the line ... again nothing new here as well. the refs had to help inflate his scoring numbers by giving him freebies at the line since he can't shoot the ball worth a damn and earn the points himself.

Speaking of that did you see the highlights of LeKing Nothing? At least Kobe and the Lakers are defending champs. I hate them just as much as you too, but the LeKing Nothing love is waaaay worse than that.

LOL@MavsFan
01-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Espn is going to end up being the new MTV....reality shows instead of sports...just give it a few more years....the hype they portray on that station is insane and it make me want to hurl.

Bukefal
01-07-2010, 10:52 AM

Sweet mother of jesus, she looks good.

But she is stupid as a donkey

da_suns_fan
01-07-2010, 10:54 AM
I know I immediately checked the box score and laughed at the Kobe-ster.

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Speaking of that did you see the highlights of LeKing Nothing? At least Kobe and the Lakers are defending champs. I hate them just as much as you too, but the LeKing Nothing love is waaaay worse than that.

son I agree. of course there is no secret that ALL star players get special treatment in the WWE, but none get anywhere near the treatment that Kobe and Lebron get. the hype is the worst part. for the media to actually have the audacity to compare Kobe or Lebron to someone like Michael Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc., etc. is a joke. lets wait 15 years and see how their numbers look before hyping them up.

Its not just basketball though, however basketball is the easiest game to control by the officials. In baseball the media only cares about the home run hitters, despite the fact that most of them have poor batting averages and strikeout too much.

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Espn is going to end up being the new MTV....reality shows instead of sports...just give it a few more years....the hype they portray on that station is insane and it make me want to hurl.

son I agree ... its ALL about entertainment now days and very little about the sport. the NBA is the absolute worst of all pro leagues when it comes to that.

sonic21
01-07-2010, 10:58 AM

CO-SIGN.

The only advantage when you're following the nba and not living in the US is you don't have to listen all those BS.

ffadicted
01-07-2010, 10:59 AM
30 shots for 22 points is just plain sad for any player

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Sweet mother of jesus, she looks good.

co-signed

and? lol

Lukor
01-07-2010, 11:47 AM
All hype aside Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Its not even close really, look at what kind of shitty team he is carrying night in and night out. Kobe probably wouldnt even make the playoffs if he was on the Cavs.

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Kobe probably wouldnt even make the playoffs if he was on the Cavs.

100% truth right there

Double-Up
01-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Keep it 100 BR...

NRHector
01-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Is funny that the Lakers lost and F_U_Buddy is nowhere to be found with his daily Kobe Thread.

Brazil
01-07-2010, 12:08 PM
guys, shooting poorly happen and since the beginning of the season we cannot say Kobe is bricking like crazy. Once in a while I don't know why he has this kind of game where instead of distributing the ball he tries to take over the game by himself even shooting poorly. Now I think he is improving that part he has less games like that than in the past.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-07-2010, 12:12 PM

She's also rich as fuck. Hot, dumb, and rich. Marriage to her provides a great sex life, tons of money, and someone too stupid to prevent you from spending that money. Sounds like a sweet deal.

lefty
01-07-2010, 12:13 PM
co-signed

and? lol
:lol

The Gemini Method
01-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Granted, Kobe did go into ver. 2005 for a good portion of the game, but he also had 8 assists--two off from the amount Baron Davis had. It wasn't like he shot all those times w/o trying to get his listless teammates off the ground. The blame goes to the whole team, but as the leader of the team, Kobe deserves blame for taking some ??? shots.

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 12:25 PM
sons Kobe is a damn good player. there is absolutely no doubting that. he is one of the best all star and role players the NBA has seen in the last 10-20 years ... but to try and say that this guy is one of the best players to ever play the game or that he is one of the top 5 or 10 best ever? wow really? ... is America really becoming this gullible to believe all of the media hype?

Double-Up
01-07-2010, 12:35 PM
She's also rich as fuck. Hot, dumb, and rich. Marriage to her provides a great sex life, tons of money, and someone too stupid to prevent you from spending that money. Sounds like a sweet deal.

Sounds good to me, too bad 98% of guys can't pull her. :lol

The Gemini Method
01-07-2010, 12:35 PM
But you see, that's where the conundrum arises--what you're saying is an opinion. Does that necessarily mean he isn't one of the best to ever play the game? How come then, and this is merely a question, do a majority of his peers and even those who didn't play against him (Larry Bird for example...) continuously label him as much? His contemporaries know the game probably a bit more than you and I. Look, I'm not one to compare him to Jordan but to say he is a role player is stretching. One revert to old Kobe against a improving Clipper team doesn't diminish what the guy has done since coming into the league. Yes the media is a hypebeast because of its natural evolution from print to the world of twittering and universal exposure. Yeah, I'm a Laker fan until they prepare me for cremation, but as a basketball fan first--I know I would even consider the guy for one of the best to have played at the SG.

The Gemini Method
01-07-2010, 12:37 PM

I wonder how much of this is an act? I mean, to play the part is not that hard...beautiful blonde...not MENSA quality...body is kickin' type deal. She has to be a tad bit smarter than what she leads on.

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I wonder how much of this is an act? I mean, to play the part is not that hard...beautiful blonde...not MENSA quality...body is kickin' type deal. She has to be a tad bit smarter than what she leads on.

son I'm sure she is pretty damn ditzy like most blonde broads, but she probably takes it to the next level on purpose at times. personally I think Jessica is smart. why? because the "air head" act has provided her with millions of dollars that she may not have seen just acting "normal". I read that her shoe company has done over $400 million sales. crazy. regardless she is a true full grown beast imo

The Gemini Method
01-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Perhaps she was also hired by the Eagles to date Tony Romo back in the day. You know, to mess up his legendary game-day focus...

She wasn't born into money, so she has to have some wits about her. I mean, she is still going strong even though she hasn't been directly in the limelight of late. I didn't even know she had a shoe company...though.

JoeTait75
01-07-2010, 12:51 PM
son I agree. of course there is no secret that ALL star players get special treatment in the WWE, but none get anywhere near the treatment that Kobe and Lebron get. the hype is the worst part. for the media to actually have the audacity to compare Kobe or Lebron to someone like Michael Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc., etc. is a joke. lets wait 15 years and see how their numbers look before hyping them up.

If this was 20 years ago you'd be doing the same complaining about the constant fellating of Michael Jordan, BR. Because he got the same favorable treatment from officials, the same non-stop hype from the media- well before he won a championship.

This stuff has been going on for years.

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 12:56 PM
If this was 20 years ago you'd be doing the same complaining about the constant fellating of Michael Jordan, BR. Because he got the same favorable treatment from officials, the same non-stop hype from the media- well before he won a championship.

This stuff has been going on for years.

son not true. however no one is doubting that Jordan got favorable calls, but he never had to rely on being rewarded freebies at the line like Kobe has. Kobe has averaged roughly 8 free throws per game in his career, Jordan around 6.5.... that's a shitload of points in between. should I even mention the drastic difference between their shooting percentages? Jordan shot right at .500% for his career, Kobe is at a below average .450%.

also, should I bring up the playoffs? ...

Double-Up
01-07-2010, 12:58 PM
LOL at this discussion, motherfuckers should be on hush mouth...Jordan > Kobe...to anyone with real basketbal knowledge.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-07-2010, 01:11 PM
I don't blame Kobe for the kind of night he had. The Lakers have had a lot of games recently when everyone besides Kobe and Pau don't show up. Fisher, Odom, Artest, and Farmar are 4 players who come to mind that have demonstrated terrible shot selection this year and have done things to send Kobe to message that he shouldn't expect them to make the right decision with the ball if he passes it to them.

Maybe Kobe was too trigger happy last night and shouldn't have shot 30 times. I also know when Gasol is injured, Bynum needs to step up his scoring and be more aggressive, not go 7-16 and only get to the line once. He's simply too gifted as a big man to be that inefficient and only draw one foul with 16 shots. Also, whether Gasol is injured or not but even moreso when he is, Odom should to do a lot better than go 3-11 and also get to the line more than once. Finally, regardless of Gasol, Fisher obviously could have done a few things differently when he has more turnovers (4) than points (3), a player as experienced and smart is Fisher playing like that his nothing to do with Kobe. Shannon Brown is the one player on LA other than Kobe who scored above his season average last night, a game when they needed more than two players to step their scoring up. So first, Brown should get more minutes, and second, Kobe isn't the one to blame for that loss.

sexinthatsx
01-07-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't blame Kobe for the kind of night he had. The Lakers have had a lot of games recently when everyone besides Kobe and Pau don't show up. Fisher, Odom, Artest, and Farmar are 4 players who come to mind that have demonstrated terrible shot selection this year and have done things to send Kobe to message that he shouldn't expect them to make the right decision with the ball if he passes it to them.

Maybe Kobe was too trigger happy last night and shouldn't have shot 30 times. I also know when Gasol is injured, Bynum needs to step up his scoring and be more aggressive, not go 7-16 and only get to the line once. He's simply too gifted as a big man to be that inefficient and only draw one foul with 16 shots. Also, whether Gasol is injured or not but even moreso when he is, Odom should to do a lot better than go 3-11 and also get to the line more than once. Finally, regardless of Gasol, Fisher obviously could have done a few things differently when he has more turnovers (4) than points (3), a player as experienced and smart is Fisher playing like that his nothing to do with Kobe. Shannon Brown is the one player on LA other than Kobe who scored above his season average last night, a game when they needed more than two players to step their scoring up. So first, Brown should get more minutes, and second, Kobe isn't the one to blame for that loss.

Pau is out, which means their only presence in the low post is Bynum. The team basically became a 3 point shooting team like Orlando overnight, and Kobe turned back into his old ways of hogging the ball.

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Pau is out, which means their only presence in the low post is Bynum. The team basically became a 3 point shooting team like Orlando overnight, and Kobe turned back into his old ways of hogging the ball.

even more proof as to why Gasol deserved finals MVP last year. or at least co-MVP ... but oh wait, the media didn't like that idea so they just turned the other cheek and acted as if Kobe carried that team. gimme a break.

Killakobe81
01-07-2010, 01:41 PM
he struggled the last TWO nights no doubt about it ...but when Wade or KLebron do the same yall praise him for his assists ...
Also, BR where was your post when the media self-proclaimed "best PG in the NBA" struggled AGAIN when facing Derron williams?!

Shastafarian
01-07-2010, 01:43 PM
he struggled the last TWO nights no doubt about it ...but when Wade or KLebron do the same yall praise him for his assists ...
Also, BR where was your post when the media self-proclaimed "best PG in the NBA" struggled AGAIN when facing Derron williams?!

wut

JoeTait75
01-07-2010, 01:43 PM
also, should I bring up the playoffs? ...

No need to do that. :lol

Look, anyone who isn't a Lake Show homer knows Jordan > Kobe. But MJ would shoot his team out of games from time to time, especially early in his career, and the media would cover for his flaws- at least until "The Jordan Rules" came out.

This is two leagues. One league for superstars, another league for everyone else. That's all I'm saying.

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 01:44 PM

struggled? son last time I checked we WON that game. did you even watch the game? ... Paul hit the final two clutch shots to win the game, one of which he stole the ball from Williams and a crossover on him for a layup.
lol. ignorance is bliss

oh and son I do hate on Lebron. however even with the hype Lebron is better than Kobe EVER was.

Killakobe81
01-07-2010, 01:48 PM
struggled? son last time I checked we WON that game. did you even watch the game? ... Paul hit the final two clutch shots to win the game, one of which he stole the ball from Williams and a crossover on him for a layup.
lol. ignorance is bliss

oh and son I do hate on Lebron. however even with the hype Lebron is better than Kobe EVER was.

he came up big late illl give him that but again EVERYtime he faces Dwill he struggles ...you thought he played well?

Shastafarian
01-07-2010, 01:51 PM
he came up big late illl give him that but again EVERYtime he faces Dwill he struggles ...you thought he played well?

Last year Paul averaged 23/8.7/3.3 on 57% shooting against Utah.

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 01:51 PM

son he still put up 12, 9, 6, and 3

not a great game by any means, but far from "not playing well". those numbers are well above average. not to mention he pretty much won the game at the end with his final two shots.

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 01:52 PM

everytime? are you dumb?

Killakobe81
01-07-2010, 02:04 PM
son he still put up 12, 9, 6, and 3

not a great game by any means, but far from "not playing well". those numbers are well above average. not to mention he pretty much won the game at the end with his final two shots.

At leats you ask I have no need to ask ...

Seriously though 12 9 6 3 are good stats but not even CP3's averages ...

milkshakeballa
01-07-2010, 02:05 PM
even more proof as to why Gasol deserved finals MVP last year. or at least co-MVP ... but oh wait, the media didn't like that idea so they just turned the other cheek and acted as if Kobe carried that team. gimme a break.

sigh.....fukin troll

Killakobe81
01-07-2010, 02:05 PM
everytime? are you dumb?

Everytime is exaggerating ...but more times than not ...

Killakobe81
01-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Last year Paul averaged 23/8.7/3.3 on 57% shooting against Utah.

using stats out of context Dwill was hurt much of last year any Utah fans here care to join in ... I did not see all 12 mathcups I admit but out of the 6 i have seen Dwill won 5 and dominated (outplayed) CP3 in most of them ...but CP3 is great just saying teh media favorite PG does not dominate the #2 PG and even if you agree he is better it is closer than most think ... I just think Dwill is better IMHO you want stats i can bring those too ...

Shastafarian
01-07-2010, 02:12 PM
using stats out of context Dwill was hurt much of last year any Utah fans here care to join in ... I did not see all 12 mathcups I admit but out of the 6 i have seen Dwill won 5 and dominated (outplayed) CP3 in most of them ...but CP3 is great just saying teh media favorite PG does not dominate the #2 PG and even if you agree he is better it is closer than most think ... I just think Dwill is better IMHO you want stats i can bring those too ...

Williams played in all 3 games (all 3 wins) against NO last year and averaged 16.3/10.7/3 on 60% shooting.

Killakobe81
01-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Williams played in all 3 games (all 3 wins) against NO last year and averaged 16.3/10.7/3 on 60% shooting.

Played doesnt mean he was healthy ...for example to be fair to CP3 I know he was still limited when he 1st came back this year ...he played but wasnt himself he just started recently looking like the old cp3 ...

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Played doesnt mean he was healthy ...for example to be fair to CP3 I know he was still limited when he 1st came back this year ...he played but wasnt himself he just started recently looking like the old cp3 ...

son Paul played hurt last year too so that's not a legit excuse. of course he and Williams are close, but Paul is the better of the two. The Hornets have NEVER matched up good against the Jazz ... but for you to say Williams dominates him is downright ignorant and a bit childish. so CHILD PLEASE is what that gets. their head to head stats have already been posted by an educated fan on here, but in case you missed ...

Paul averaged 23/8.7/3.3 on 57% shooting against Utah.

Williams averaged 16.3/10.7/3 on 60% shooting against N.O.

looks pretty even to me with Paul having a pretty big edge in scoring, but Williams had a few more assist. how did either "dominate" the another?

Killakobe81
01-07-2010, 02:39 PM
son Paul played hurt last year too so that's not a legit excuse. of course he and Williams are close, but Paul is the better of the two. The Hornets have NEVER matched up good against the Jazz ... but for you to say Williams dominates him is downright ignorance and a bit childish. so child please is what that gets. their head to head stats have already been posted by an educated poster on here, but in case you missed ...

Paul averaged 23/8.7/3.3 on 57% shooting against Utah.

Williams averaged 16.3/10.7/3 on 60% shooting against N.O.

looks pretty even to me with Paul having a pretty big edge in scoring, but Williams had a few more assist. how did either dominate one another?

I said outplayed even corrected it that way in the OP ... try reading if you are so "adult". He dominated where it matters most the win column if you want to take it there ...but for me again I dont go by stats my eyes show me that when CP3 plays us (Lakers) he dominates Fish (most games) like he does most other PG's but when he faces Dwill ...I dont see that ...
I prefer Dwill but CP3 is great and to be the best you have to beat the best ...
And child please they NEVER match up well with Utah? THEY got DRAFTED the same year, same draft ...if CP3 is the best PG in the NBA then CHANGE it ...Pistons USED to dominate Cavs ...Lebron CHANGED that dynamic ...

TheMACHINE
01-07-2010, 02:58 PM
How many free throws is Kobe averaging this year? Im curious cuz whining like BR is doing, im expecting about 15 free throws a night. Anyone got the number?

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 03:29 PM
How many free throws is Kobe averaging this year? Im curious cuz whining like BR is doing, im expecting about 15 free throws a night. Anyone got the number?

son he is averaging exactly 8.0 free throws per game ... must be nice having an extra 8 free points every game on average. however, he's still not getting as much love as Lebron. King Crab is getting 9.0.

Double-Up
01-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Wow, he doesn't even drive to the basket as much anymore but he still averages 8 ft's a game? Something's wrong there...

dirk4mvp
01-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Wow, he doesn't even drive to the basket as much anymore but he still averages 8 ft's a game? Something's wrong there...

Driving to the basket isn't the only way to get to the line. Kobe is pretty crafty at getting his defender to commit fouls.

TheMACHINE
01-07-2010, 03:48 PM
out of all the superstars that get special treatment, kobe's like last on the list. Didnt he commit 3 or 4 offensive fouls the other night?

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 03:50 PM
out of all the superstars that get special treatment, kobe's like last on the list.

ROTFLMAO!!! OH CHRIST ALMIGHTY SON!!! LOLZZZZZZZ

son THANK YOU ... I needed a good laugh. been a while.

BUMP
01-07-2010, 03:51 PM
out of all the superstars that get special treatment, kobe's like last on the list. Didnt he commit 3 or 4 offensive fouls the other night?

:wow

z0sa
01-07-2010, 03:52 PM

.... :lmao

redzero
01-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Kobe is the best at getting 30 points off 31 shots. No surprises here.

Walt Kowalski
01-07-2010, 04:13 PM
out of all the superstars that get special treatment, kobe's like last on the list.

KjxzmaXAg9E

JoeTait75
01-07-2010, 04:17 PM
son he is averaging exactly 8.0 free throws per game ... must be nice having an extra 8 free points every game on average. however, he's still not getting as much love as Lebron. King Crab is getting 9.0.

LeBron goes to the basket more than Kobe does.

Ghazi
01-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Apparently any FT any player in the NBA shoots is a gift from the refs.

STFU 121-63

BRHornet45
01-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Apparently any FT any player in the NBA shoots is a gift from the refs.

STFU 121-63

lol fucking moron ... yep! every last one of them!

lol idiot

sexinthatsx
01-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Driving to the basket isn't the only way to get to the line. Kobe is pretty crafty at getting his defender to commit fouls.

+1, but some of them are downright ridiculous... a defender would put his hand in front of kobe's face without moving it, and kobe would attempt a shot and purposely hit the defender's arms to get a foul.

Mavs_man_41
01-07-2010, 05:03 PM
son I agree with this thread but you're still a little creole turd and dirk>cp3 for now

DazedAndConfused
01-07-2010, 05:06 PM
It's quite obvious that most of you have not picked up a basketball or ever played competitively.

If you want to learn how to become a phenomenally sound basketball player then studying Kobe wouldn't be a bad place to start. He is one of the few players in this league that pretty much has no weaknesses in his game.

Thus far into the season he is probably the favorite for MVP.

Mavs_man_41
01-07-2010, 05:10 PM
sup QueerAndConfused

Will Hunting
01-07-2010, 05:12 PM
It's quite obvious that most of you have not picked up a basketball or ever played competitively.

If you want to learn how to become a phenomenally sound basketball player then studying Kobe wouldn't be a bad place to start. He is one of the few players in this league that pretty much has no weaknesses in his game.

Thus far into the season he is probably the favorite for MVP.

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat

hater
01-07-2010, 05:13 PM

thats because there are 2 on that list. Lebronze and Kobe

HarlemHeat37
01-07-2010, 05:42 PM
It's pretty obvious that he benefits more from revisionist history and media hype than any other player in NBA history, including MJ himself..the media does a great job at overhyping everything he does to appeal to the casual fan..

Last night was actually a great example..I only watched a few minutes of the game, but coincidentally it was the funny part of the game..Kobe comes out and scores the Lakers first 13 points of the half IIRC, Mike Tirico is flipping out about how amazing he is..Kobe then proceeds to miss the next 3 or 4 shots, and they literally don't say anything at all..obviously..

Just like his clutch shots..

01-07-2010, 06:20 PM
another kobe bashfest? i'll join. media and lakerfans have selected memory when it comes to kobe. they will remember his strengths and none of his weaknesses. i watched yesterday's game and the fourth quarter was a sad sight for the lakers. kobe hogging the ball, jumping into a wall of clippers defenders and chucking up a low percentage shot. combined that with pull up contested 3 pointers and missing contested floaters, the lakers were doomed. bryant is averaging 23 attempts a game this season, the highest since the 05-06 season. one has to wonder why he feels it to be necessary to chuck so many shots when he is surrounded by so much talent. when boston's big 3 united, they all decreased their field goal attempts. but when kobe has bynum, gasol, odom, and artest, he ups his attempts. wtf? kobe has the most talented roster in the league and he decides to increase his field goals??

i would like to add he also did this during the olympics. he had the most shot attempts yet averaged like the third or fourth most points. this is with like 12 other NBA all stars on his team.

redzero
01-07-2010, 06:57 PM
another kobe bashfest? i'll join. media and lakerfans have selected memory when it comes to kobe. they will remember his strengths and none of his weaknesses. i watched yesterday's game and the fourth quarter was a sad sight for the lakers. kobe hogging the ball, jumping into a wall of clippers defenders and chucking up a low percentage shot. combined that with pull up contested 3 pointers and missing contested floaters, the lakers were doomed. bryant is averaging 23 attempts a game this season, the highest since the 05-06 season. one has to wonder why he feels it to be necessary to chuck so many shots when he is surrounded by so much talent. when boston's big 3 united, they all decreased their field goal attempts. but when kobe has bynum, gasol, odom, and artest, he ups his attempts. wtf? kobe has the most talented roster in the league and he decides to increase his field goals??

i would like to add he also did this during the olympics. he had the most shot attempts yet averaged like the third or fourth most points. this is with like 12 other NBA all stars on his team.

Kobe never met a shot he didn't like.

BRHornet45
01-09-2010, 12:42 AM
BUMP BUMP BUMP!

sons that piece of shit rapist is back at it again! 14 of 37 shooting tonight, but since he wasn't playing in Los Angeles, the refs were actually fair tonight and didn't send him to the line 15 times! Kobe is hands down the most overrated player to ever play the game.

MiamiHeat
01-09-2010, 12:47 AM
^^^ no news to me

it's just that the NBA wants to market stars for $$$

when Kobe retires, he is going to eat shit and get drilled by the basketball analysts and historians

BRHornet45
01-09-2010, 12:48 AM
it's just that the NBA wants to market stars for $$$

Killakobe81
01-09-2010, 12:53 AM
BUMP BUMP BUMP!

sons that piece of shit rapist is back at it again! 14 of 37 shooting tonight, but since he wasn't playing in Los Angeles, the refs were actually fair tonight and didn't send him to the line 15 times! Kobe is hands down the most overrated player to ever play the game.

AMEN. CP3 is THE GREATEST PG in NBA history did you not see his 18 assists?! Magic cant hold Cp3's jock ... Dwilliams?! Nig*a please!!!
Isiah should study tape of Paul jump in a 1984 Delorean and go back in the time so he could be half the player Cp3 is ...And Kobe? the MVP and title he won really belongs to Chris ...

BRHornet45
01-09-2010, 12:54 AM
And Kobe? the MVP and title he won really belongs to Chris ...

son at least you got something right

redzero
01-09-2010, 12:54 AM
AMEN. CP3 is THE GREATEST PG in NBA history did you not see his 18 assists?! Magic cant hold Cp3's jock ... Dwilliams?! Nig*a please!!!
Isiah should study tape of Paul jump in a 1984 Delorean and go back in the time so he could be half the player Cp3 is ...And Kobe? the MVP and title he won really belongs to Chris ...

Well, only the MVP belongs to Chris.

MiamiHeat
01-09-2010, 12:55 AM
technically you could say the MVP also belongs to Gasol

because Gasol made the Lakers elite, and because of that, suddenly kobe became mvp due to team success, even tho he's the same chucker he always was

iggypop123
01-09-2010, 12:57 AM
son at least you got something right

if its not kobe or lebron paul is the last guy to get it. they are mediocre, but roy has the blazers in the playoffs with massive injuries

BRHornet45
01-09-2010, 12:59 AM
if its not kobe or lebron paul is the last guy to get it. they are mediocre, but roy has the blazers in the playoffs with massive injuries

son what? you brought up the MVP Kobe was handed on a silver platter. The Hornets were far from mediocre that year. everyone knows that MVP for Kobe was simply just a pitty / lifetime achievement award ... its even more of a joke that he was given all of the credit for winning the finals last year. Gasol won that shit.

BRHornet45
01-09-2010, 01:00 AM
technically you could say the MVP also belongs to Gasol

because Gasol made the Lakers elite, and because of that, suddenly kobe became mvp due to team success, even tho he's the same chucker he always was

agreed ... take Gasol off that team and the Lakers are a first round knockout.

but don't worry! Kobe would still average 35 points per game along with 35 shot attempts per game!

Killakobe81
01-09-2010, 01:04 AM
agreed ... take Gasol off that team and the Lakers are a first round knockout.

but don't worry! Kobe would still average 35 points per game along with 35 shot attempts per game!

Yep the Lakers without Gasol = the Spurs, Blazers and Hornets last year! Thanks I wouldnt give them that MUCH credit without Gasol Lakers are lottery material!!!

BRHornet45
01-09-2010, 01:05 AM
Yep the Lakers without Gasol = the Spurs, Blazers and Hornets last year! Thanks I wouldnt give them that MUCH credit without Gasol Lakers are lottery material!!!

son just accept it ... Kobe is a good player, but terribly overrated. he is a great 2nd scoring option, but far from a team leader. without Shaq or Gasol holding his hand he would have never won a ring.

iggypop123
01-09-2010, 01:08 AM
son just accept it ... Kobe is a good player, but terribly overrated. he is a great 2nd scoring option, but far from a team leader. without Shaq or Gasol holding his hand he would have never won a ring.

son you are saying something obvious. take kobe away from shaq what does he become, pippen from jordan, malone from stockton etc

Killakobe81
01-09-2010, 01:10 AM

I have you have shown me the light ...I bow down to your basketball wisdom. Your wit, intellect and ability to wax poetic about Kobe's many failings has me converted (also Miami Heat)...preach on brother! He is no team leader he is the most overrated player in the history of basketball. Cp3 should of smacked him in his place and taught him how to lead a team to a title 2 summers ago ...

MiamiHeat
01-09-2010, 01:11 AM
son you are saying something obvious. take kobe away from shaq what does he become, pippen from jordan, malone from stockton etc

son, shaq didnt need no kobe to win a championship or dominate the NBA or get to multiple finals

Shaq was an elite team with the Magic and made the finals. they would have eventually won rings if shaq didn't bolt for LA. he only played with Penny Hardaway for like 2-3 seasons

shaq also did it with wade

so your comparison is no good.

BRHornet45
01-09-2010, 01:11 AM
I have you have shown me the light ...I bow down to your basketball wisdom. Your wit, intellect and ability to wax poetic about Kobe's many failings has me converted (also Miami Heat)...preach on brother! He is no team leader he is the most overrated player in the history of basketball. Cp3 should of smacked him in his place and taught him how to lead a team to a title 2 summers ago ...

son god bless you and your family!

iggypop123
01-09-2010, 01:14 AM
son, shaq didnt need no kobe to win a championship or dominate the NBA or get to multiple finals

Shaq was an elite team with the Magic and made the finals. they would have eventually won rings if shaq didn't bolt for LA. he only played with Penny Hardaway for like 2-3 seasons

so your comparison is no good.

before penny crippled his legs he was on wade's level. i dont buy that argument. when they made it to the finals and got raped by the rockets he didnt have as much help but thats about it

BRHornet45
01-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Wade is twice the player Kobe ever was

Def Rowe
01-09-2010, 01:16 AM

lol fans of shitty teams coming out of the woodwork to point and laugh. :lol

Killakobe81
01-09-2010, 01:19 AM
No wade is 10x the player Kobe is or was ...
Cp3 is 3 x > than Wade so logic dictates
3x10 = 30 so C3P is 30x better than Kobe!!!!

I got it ...preach on brother!!! we can mark this in the first book of BRHornet

redzero
01-09-2010, 01:30 AM
lol fans of shitty teams coming out of the woodwork to point and laugh. :lol

There's a difference between shitty and mediocre, broseph.

bostonguy
01-09-2010, 01:37 AM
son, shaq didnt need no kobe to win a championship or dominate the NBA or get to multiple finals.
They needed each other. Shaq was the most dominating bigman during that time but Kobe was the best perimeter player. Kobe played just as much as a role for those titles as Shaq did.

Orlando was also lucky MJ was out of basketball shape that year. They needed a Jordan fuckup in game 1 and it took em 6 games to win the series. The next year showed how much of that was a fluke as Orlando got DOMINATED.

Shaq was AWFUL in the finals. Zo played a bigger role. Shaq had his good moments with Miami but he was awful in the 2006 finals.

Killakobe81
01-09-2010, 01:44 AM
They needed each other. Shaq was the most dominating bigman during that time but Kobe was the best perimeter player. Kobe played just as much as a role for those titles as Shaq did.

Orlando was also lucky MJ was out of basketball shape that year. They needed a Jordan fuckup in game 1 and it took em 6 games to win the series. The next year showed how much of that was a fluke as Orlando got DOMINATED.

Shaq was AWFUL in the finals. Zo played a bigger role. Shaq had his good moments with Miami but he was awful in the 2006 finals.

You are absolutely correct here. Alonzo was ALMOST like the KG of that Finals run by wade but yet many here even heat fans act like they didnt see the role Zo played dominating the paint ...Dampier was OUTPLAYING shaq early in that series and when I saw that ... I knew the "Old" daddy was done ...he was just old ...

Bostonguy you are one of the few honest guys on here ...

But I am BRhornet's & miami heat's now ...so Kobe still sucks!!! LOL

MiamiHeat
01-09-2010, 01:45 AM
Mcgrady was the better perimeter player during the Lakers dynasty.

I think even AI was too.

01-09-2010, 02:14 AM
at least kobe is shooting his way to a scoring title.

Killakobe81
01-09-2010, 02:21 AM
Mcgrady was the better perimeter player during the Lakers dynasty.

I think even AI was too.

Sure you right!!!
Better than Kobeduring that time: Jason Richardson, VC, AI, TMAC, RayRay, Reggie Miller, Raja Bell, Manu, SJAX, GHill, RJ, Ruben Patterson, Old scottie Pippen, Pierce, Qrich, Darius Miles, Magette, BigDog, Old Kendall Gill, Latrell sprewell, Anthony Peeler, Harold Miner, jim Jackson, NVE, Eddie Jones and Nick Anderson!!!

fevertrees
01-09-2010, 09:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ePUbBPlDQs

Funny how that little bitch Kobe starts to run his mouth towards DOWNTOWN Devin Brown once the ref grabs him. Kobe just wishes he had the #23 on his back.