PDA

View Full Version : Natal fail?

leemajors
01-07-2010, 02:47 PM
http://kotaku.com/5442775/natal-recognizes-31-body-parts-uses-tenth-of-xbox-360-processor

It uses 1/10 of the XBOX 360 processor instead of having its own as previously announced? I would imagine few, if any, gfx/processor intensive titles will ever use it.

Shaolin-Style
01-07-2010, 03:59 PM
So much for my fantasy of having awesome lightsaber/sword fights on natal.

"The system locates body parts to within a 4-centimetre cube, says Kipman. That's far less precise than lab-based systems or the millimetre precision of Hollywood motion capture. But Douglas Lanman, who works on markerless 3D interaction at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, and is not involved with Natal, says that this will likely be accurate enough for gamers."

Someone doesn't know how demanding gamers are.

balli
01-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Good. Because I'm not the least bit interested in using it for gfx intensive titles and this is just incentive for developers to NOT tack gimmicky Natal onto games which should be played with a controller. Natal will be geared towards the soccer mom crowd. And I'm just fine with that.

Cry Havoc
01-07-2010, 06:46 PM
So much for my fantasy of having awesome lightsaber/sword fights on natal.

"The system locates body parts to within a 4-centimetre cube, says Kipman. That's far less precise than lab-based systems or the millimetre precision of Hollywood motion capture. But Douglas Lanman, who works on markerless 3D interaction at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, and is not involved with Natal, says that this will likely be accurate enough for gamers."

Someone doesn't know how demanding gamers are.

You'll never have a decent swordfight until we design technology that allows for instant, vigorous force feedback. How are you going to fight when you can't feel steel on steel? The entire crux of a swordfight exists when the swords clash and you can feel your opponent. No feedback means you get absolutely none of that.

BlackSwordsMan
01-07-2010, 07:11 PM
You'll never have a decent swordfight until we design technology that allows for instant, vigorous force feedback. How are you going to fight when you can't feel steel on steel? The entire crux of a swordfight exists when the swords clash and you can feel your opponent. No feedback means you get absolutely none of that.

rofl

TwAnKiEs
01-07-2010, 07:51 PM
$10 says there will be an xbox attachment suit with those little balls all over it.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-11-2010, 09:26 PM
rofl
you too, huh?

Slydragon
01-12-2010, 04:26 AM
If the Wii sells at 200 then this shit will sell if it's 80 or less, or 150 bundle with a arcade Xbox. Not by hardcore games but casual gamers.

I'll get one for my girls to play with if it not price to high.