PDA

View Full Version : Alabama gets no respect from me.... none.

DMX7
01-08-2010, 12:08 AM
That team sucked. Would have been shredded by Colt.

Dr. Gonzo
01-08-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm sure the National Championship will mean less to them without your respect.

DMX7
01-08-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm sure the National Championship will mean less to them without your respect.

It will. They know this game is ASTERISKED *.

symple19
01-08-2010, 12:14 AM
All the extremes coming out now...lol.

I completely agree with the OP however, and will never miss a chance to rip Bammer.

* Indeed

Dr. Gonzo
01-08-2010, 12:14 AM
It will. They know this game is ASTERISKED *.

By who? Longhorn fans or will the trophy have an asterisk?

PuttPutt
01-08-2010, 12:15 AM
And how class-less can you get? Alabama going for another touchdown when you clearly have the game won with 1:40 or so left in the game.

BRHornet45
01-08-2010, 12:16 AM
the racist are coming out now ... "but but but! if our good ole white boy wasn't such a pussy and actually played!"

Dr. Gonzo
01-08-2010, 12:16 AM
And how class-less can you get? Alabama going for another touchdown when you clearly have the game won with 1:40 or so left in the game.

Maybe Texas should've stopped them from scoring.

symple19
01-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Bama did what they did the whole fucking season. Find a way to win.

There won't be an asterisk, but I will use that when arguing with Bama fans.

CubanSucks
01-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Up 10 points with 2 min left and going for that last TD, congratulations coach Saban you're a real badass. Taking a knee is for pussies and losers!

dbestpro
01-08-2010, 12:19 AM
The good thing for Alabama is they won the championship. The bad thing is they have to go back to Alabama.

The bad thing for Texas is the lost the championship. The good thing for Texas is the get to go back to Texas. At least our college grads will be able to get a job.

samikeyp
01-08-2010, 12:21 AM

Mack would have done the same.

They were just running the ball....and that didn't get stopped all night.

and oooohhh, Bama doesn't have some kids respect, yeah because that matters. I think they will somehow still keep the trophy.

Ignignokt
01-08-2010, 12:23 AM

Where were you during this years OU game when UT injured Bradford.

Horns getting to the Championship game...asterisk!

Horn's getting phantom DB holding call against Nebrask...asterisk..

Don't use that as an excuse.

Injuries are part of the game.

Stringer_Bell
01-08-2010, 12:24 AM

It was to help the point spread betters, since obviously they could have took the knee with the game sealed. But hey, that's what Saban does and you can't blame him since there ain't shit in Alabama worth cheering for anyway.

Points off turnovers killed UT, and even though Colt was out Alabama didn't seem unbeatable. It's hard to dig out of such a big self-imposed hole, but it was a winnable game.

leemajors
01-08-2010, 12:25 AM
It was to help the point spread betters, since obviously they could have took the knee with the game sealed. But hey, that's what Saban does and you can't blame him since there ain't shit in Alabama worth cheering for anyway.

Points off turnovers killed UT, and even though Colt was out Alabama didn't seem unbeatable. It's hard to dig out of such a big self-imposed hole, but it was a winnable game.

Solid.

LOL@MavsFan
01-08-2010, 12:26 AM

Yep...we'll never know. UT fan has nothing to worry about. That freshman is the truth.....good luck in the NFL Colt!

ChumpDumper
01-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Mack would have done the same.

They were just running the ball....and that didn't get stopped all night.Yeah, I don't think they expected to get that kind of yardage on that one play.

and oooohhh, Bama doesn't have some kids respect, yeah because that matters. I think they will somehow still keep the trophy.:lol

Good game.

PuttPutt
01-08-2010, 12:36 AM

Very valid point. Still, IMO, class-less.

It really didn't matter to me who won. So, congrats to Alabama.

Sad to see a QB go out like that for the longhorns.

samikeyp
01-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Sad to see a QB go out like that for the longhorns.

Agreed...but maybe this Gilbert kid can be something good.

PuttPutt
01-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Maybe Texas should've stopped them from scoring.

You're a dumbshit. But I shouldn't expect any less.

PuttPutt
01-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Agreed...but maybe this Gilbert kid can be something good.

He looks like a promising QB

LOL@MavsFan
01-08-2010, 12:38 AM
where were you during this years ou game when ut injured bradford.

Horns getting to the championship game...asterisk!

Horn's getting phantom db holding call against nebrask...asterisk..

Don't use that as an excuse.

Injuries are part of the game.

lol 70-3

Ignignokt
01-08-2010, 02:07 AM
lol 70-3

lol Chris Leak's Bitch!

Saban Rules
01-08-2010, 03:10 AM
Bama did what they did the whole fucking season. Find a way to win.

There won't be an asterisk, but I will use that when arguing with Bama fans.

you are just a hater. plain and simple. it is really kind of sad. injuries are a part of the game. you run on a tenacious and tough defense and you get lit up and your whole arm goes numb, then that is a risk you take letting that scrawny shit try and run on bama's defense. no matter what any auburn haters or bitter texas fans say,alabama is the national champion.

nick saban built a championship in three years andthey will only be better next year. and a big i told you so to those who said i was crazy for saying richardson is just as good as ingram and that i surely couldnt believe what i said. he managed to average a better yard per carry average than ingram tonight and broke 100 yards and had two touchdowns. there is no doubt that richardson was better as a freshman this year than ingram was last year.

it also fact that mcelroy played like dog shit and we were completely one dimensional (run only tonight), but were able to score four rushing touchdowns.

i give it to texas, they played tough second half and were scrappy as hell.

texas and all other teams should get used to seeing bama compete for the championship every year, assuming saban is there. he is the best coach bar none and one of the best recruiters and IMO a better coach than bear bryant. bear bryant couldnt build a championshipteam in 3 years.

and for the retarded argument that he will just jump ship and leave bama in the near future, i think that is way off. the way i see it, nick saban realized that the biggest mistake he ever made was to leave LSU. he built a dominant program and then left for the NFL. and for three plus years after saban left that dumb fuck of a coach has won off of what saban set up. the extreme level of stupidity was shown by les miles this year and they will get worse and worse every year because les miles isnt capable of bringing in and coaching up the talent to a national championship ( he did it off saban's players and had a ass ton of luck that year). saban knows he couldnt put himself in a better position and he isnt going back to the pros, so i expect him to be around for at least a decade

bresilhac
01-08-2010, 03:50 AM
That was one disgusting pussout by McCoy let me tell you. He could have played in the second half. He should have played and probably would have played very well for the remainder of the game. Maybe even enough to bring his team back from the brink. But instead it was stated that McCoy would not return because he and those who cared for him and coached him said it would not be in his best future pro football interests.

In other words McCoy copped out of playing and let his teammates and all of Longhorn Nation down because he didn't want to hurt his draft chances next year by incurring a very serious injury. What a bunch of sickening bullshit! McCoy could have returned but chose not to of his own volition. This was the National Championship! You do not quit unless you can no longer walk.

To witness McCoy standing on the sideline cheering when he could have been contributing to his team's efforts to win was nauseating to say the least. He simply chose to let everyone concerned down. Even those who were pulling against Texas. This complete wussout by McCoy will almost certainly go down as one of the most sickening memories in college football history.

I hope McCoy tears a goddamned acl or mcl his first day of practice for his new "NFL" team.

Colt McCoy. Disgusting, fucking loser sellout.

lebomb
01-08-2010, 08:27 AM

Yo DMX7, you act like Colt was kidnapped or something. He got hit very hard by a Bama defensive player. He was knocked out of the game. It could have happened to anyone. Hell, all teams have the possibility of losing their best player in a game. Its called contact sports. Hell, my son was knocked out of a basketball game because he came down on someones foot and twisted his ankle. Whos fault was that.

TheManFromAcme
01-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Even before the BCS game red flags were up in the Nebraska game. Nebraska had the Steers on the ropes. Texas got exposed for what they are; a good team but that's about it.

I'll give you that Colt could have helped but to say that the Longhorns hopes of winning the BCS was solely on Colt's shoulders is stupid. This is a conatact sport. The defense was doing their jobs. Colt got a good hit to the shoulder and that's all it was. Nothing dirty. Nothing intended with malice. Just a good solid hit on Mr. Glass himself...Colt.

Besides, I can't stand Texas and am more than happy to see that Liberally infested school get what they deserved. Congrats Bama! :toast

BTW, I am still angry even 4 years later about the Texas/USC BCS game. That will always be more about how USC lost it as oppossed as to how Texas Won it. Glad to see Pete Carroll enjoying the loss to those lolely Horns.

What a great night!!!

to21
01-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Even before the BCS game red flags were up in the Nebraska game. Nebraska had the Steers on the ropes. Texas got exposed for what they are; a good team but that's about it.

I'll give you that Colt could have helped but to say that the Longhorns hopes of winning the BCS was solely on Colt's shoulders is stupid. This is a conatact sport. The defense was doing their jobs. Colt got a good hit to the shoulder and that's all it was. Nothing dirty. Nothing intended with malice. Just a good solid hit on Mr. Glass himself...Colt.

Besides, I can't stand Texas and am more than happy to see that Liberally infested school get what they deserved. Congrats Bama! :toast

BTW, I am still angry even 4 years later about the Texas/USC BCS game. That will always be more about how USC lost it as oppossed as to how Texas Won it. Glad to see Pete Carroll enjoying the loss to those lolely Horns.

What a great night!!!Wow...VY still gots ur asshole sore huh?

to21
01-08-2010, 09:01 AM
BTW, congrats to the Tide on the win.

Shank
01-08-2010, 09:03 AM
4 INTs is "promising"?

to21
01-08-2010, 09:11 AM
I'd give him a nod for leading a team back to within three points of the national championship game.

The INT's were mistakes he needs work on....he locked in on his wr's way too much.

leemajors
01-08-2010, 09:23 AM
I'd give him a nod for leading a team back to within three points of the national championship game.

The INT's were mistakes he needs work on....he locked in on his wr's way too much.

I think it's good Shipley won't be there as a crutch. Colt locked in on him way too much too.

Kermit
01-08-2010, 09:52 AM
4 INTs is "promising"?

Probably wouldn't have been that bad had his recievers caught the fucking ball. No Shipley is going to suck next year.

Drachen
01-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Yep...we'll never know. UT fan has nothing to worry about. That freshman is the truth.....good luck in the UFL Colt!

Fixed

vander
01-08-2010, 10:23 AM
couldn't possibly be that 'Bama eased up after the McCoy injury, knowing that the game was in the bag.

:rolleyes

to21
01-08-2010, 10:51 AM
They were more cautious with their play calling but I wouldn't say they eased up.

robino2001
01-08-2010, 11:12 AM
That was one disgusting pussout by McCoy let me tell you. He could have played in the second half. He should have played and probably would have played very well for the remainder of the game. Maybe even enough to bring his team back from the brink. But instead it was stated that McCoy would not return because he and those who cared for him and coached him said it would not be in his best future pro football interests.

In other words McCoy copped out of playing and let his teammates and all of Longhorn Nation down because he didn't want to hurt his draft chances next year by incurring a very serious injury. What a bunch of sickening bullshit! McCoy could have returned but chose not to of his own volition. This was the National Championship! You do not quit unless you can no longer walk.

To witness McCoy standing on the sideline cheering when he could have been contributing to his team's efforts to win was nauseating to say the least. He simply chose to let everyone concerned down. Even those who were pulling against Texas. This complete wussout by McCoy will almost certainly go down as one of the most sickening memories in college football history.

I hope McCoy tears a goddamned acl or mcl his first day of practice for his new "NFL" team.

Colt McCoy. Disgusting, fucking loser sellout.

PASADENA, Calif. – Colt McCoy lined up about 7 yards from his dad, Brad. This was inside the Texas locker room underneath the Rose Bowl bleachers, the Longhorns quarterback missing the biggest game of his career, about to attempt the most important throw of his life.

Colt had the ball and was going to pass it to his dad as a slew of doctors and trainers watched closely. How many times had these two thrown a football back and forth, from their yard in little Tuscola, Texas, to the practice fields of Jim Ned High School, where the dad was the coach and the son was the star?

“Millions,” Colt said. “Millions of times.”

Colt had just lied to the Texas doctors and said that he was capable of returning to the BCS title game against Alabama. A hit by the Tide’s Marcell Dareus, on the fifth play of the game, had sent him to this locker room. He wanted back out there. So he tried to sound convincing despite the fact his arm felt “like a noodle.”

He hadn’t come this far to sit. Colt McCoy was going to lead Texas to the championship. He believed this. He’d always believed this. When he went down, he said, “We were about to dominate.” They weren’t going to lose, not where the Longhorns had last won a championship in 2005, not against a team against whom they’d never lost, certainly not 37-21, as the scoreboard would show after 60 minutes.

Yet on the TV in the corner, he had seen it all fade away in his absence. Alabama was rolling; Texas’ early lead was long gone.

So Colt gripped the ball, stared at his dad and thought, “It’s just a simple throw.” He threw. The ball went soft and wide. Everyone grimaced. “Give it to me again,” Colt demanded. Brad got the ball and gave it back to his son. The next throw was the same, bouncing harmlessly away. “Give it to me again,” Colt said, again. Brad did.

It was the same. It was over. Colt couldn’t throw it 7 yards to his own father. “My arm was dead,” he said. The dad hugged his son. The son broke down and cried.

“There’s no pain on my body,” Colt said later. “If I was a free safety, I’d go out there and make a tackle. I [just] have no strength to throw a football.”

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-texasqbs010810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

jb4g
01-08-2010, 12:32 PM
I feel awful for Colt, missing that game is going to eat at him for the rest of his life. That being said, Im proud of the way the Horns fought back. If that pass in the endzone late in the first half had been caught this would have been a very different game.

Stringer_Bell
01-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Like someone said, it's the ultimate "what if" game...but UT still put up a hell of a defensive effort. The final score still bothers me because it's not reflective of any actual dominance by Alabama...yes, they had to answer when it was 21-24 and Ingram is a beast...but that's not the headline today. Everyone is talking about Colt, he's the game changer and even with him out UT had a decent chance to win. Sure, I like to think that Colt would have made it a dominant win in UT's favor, but there are 60 minutes of play for a reason, and Alabama played a few minutes more than UT.

mookie2001
01-08-2010, 02:06 PM
I don't see why both sides are angry

I could have told you there was at least a 50/50 chance this was the final cart

Once Gilbert came in the game it was more of like a comedy of football

Good thing there are no real bama fans on here

good season. I am happy to see colt go, his act played out a long time ago

stretch
01-08-2010, 02:13 PM
what do u think about gilbert, mookstermeister?

mookie2001
01-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Optimistic. He wasn't ready. Nobody expected him to be. Gilbert didn't make colt read the bible all day instead of lifting or stretching

NFGIII
01-08-2010, 03:09 PM

I was thinking the same thing about the Horns against the Huskers, too. Was 'Bama going to attack their slant patterns as Nebraska did? I wasn't as worried about 'Bama's deffensive line like I was about Suh and Co. "Bama's got a good one but they don't have the level of talent that the Huskers do. Close but they don't have a player like Suh. But we'll never know now. Classic "what if" scenario.

As for the part that I bolded - go tell that to say Manning's Colts, Brady's Patriots or River's Chargers and see what they say. If any of those three go down or for that matter any of the starting QBs in the POs and those teams most likely lose. That skilled position can turn a game more than any other. And we all saw what happens when you put in an untested QB in a pressure game. He did good but made mistakes that lead to 'Bama's W. Whether Colt makes the same ones will never be known. But to say that about Colt is well to use your own word - stupid. All the pundits were saying that in order for Texas to win Colt had to have a very good if not great game. Colt is the Texas offense if you hadn't noticed. Even during the season when Gilbert got mop up time he really didn't do much and that was against scrub teams, too. So if anyone expects a 2nd string QB to really come in and play to the level neccessary to win a BSC championship game while all the other parts of the team perform the same is pretty far fetched if not outright ludicrous. In the pros there have been some instances but few and far between. But they are pros and the backup QBs have years of experience and have been the top QB before. But in college? Not likely.

Anyway cingrats to 'Bama and I look forward to spring training and to see the newbies.

J.T.
01-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Gilbert didn't look off his receivers at all. Any time they showed a replay of a Gilbert pass, dude was looking STRAIGHT AT the guy he was throwing to. These are things you simply cannot do against a great defense like Bama's, and was probably why they lost the game.

People will say they lost the game because Colt was hurt and it may be true. But we'll never know because Colt didn't finish the game. At that point you have to play with who you've got and find a way to win. Gilbert almost did that, but also made a shit ton of mistakes that were wholly due to him being shoved into a pressure-packed situation without enough game experience.

Prahps to Bama for winning the game. Just cuz home boy McCoy goes down doesn't mean they've won the game. I do think Nick Saban is a fucking douche for running up the score in true Bill Belichicken style, but what are you gonna do. Was a great game and the Horns almost pulled it out.

Also prahps to Jordan Shipley. Brah, you the one dude on that team who proved in that game that Colt McCoy didn't make you better, you made him better. Go win your ass some Super Bowls, boy.

TheManFromAcme
01-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I was thinking the same thing about the Horns against the Huskers, too. Was 'Bama going to attack their slant patterns as Nebraska did? I wasn't as worried about 'Bama's deffensive line like I was about Suh and Co. "Bama's got a good one but they don't have the level of talent that the Huskers do. Close but they don't have a player like Suh. But we'll never know now. Classic "what if" scenario.

As for the part that I bolded - go tell that to say Manning's Colts, Brady's Patriots or River's Chargers and see what they say. If any of those three go down or for that matter any of the starting QBs in the POs and those teams most likely lose. That skilled position can turn a game more than any other. And we all saw what happens when you put in an untested QB in a pressure game. He did good but made mistakes that lead to 'Bama's W. Whether Colt makes the same ones will never be known. But to say that about Colt is well to use your own word - stupid. All the pundits were saying that in order for Texas to win Colt had to have a very good if not great game. Colt is the Texas offense if you hadn't noticed. Even during the season when Gilbert got mop up time he really didn't do much and that was against scrub teams, too. So if anyone expects a 2nd string QB to really come in and play to the level neccessary to win a BSC championship game while all the other parts of the team perform the same is pretty far fetched if not outright ludicrous. In the pros there have been some instances but few and far between. But they are pros and the backup QBs have years of experience and have been the top QB before. But in college? Not likely.

Anyway cingrats to 'Bama and I look forward to spring training and to see the newbies.

Good post.

What does it say about Texas or any other powerhouse programs that lay the entire success of their programs offensively on just one guy? Isn't this just asking for it?

I am not suggesting some ground-breaking approaches to D-1 football but maybe solid programs likes your Texas's, USC's, Bama's, Buckeye's and so on should develop for lack of a better word "Better" back-ups.

I can't stand Texas but it was clear last night that the collective wind got knocked out of them psychologically and could never quite recover.
All because of one guy?

spurster
01-08-2010, 04:49 PM
While Alabama did not play their A game, they did wallop Florida, which should them plenty of respect.

As for Colt's injury, the problem was not pain, but the reports were that his whole arm went numb and he was unable to throw the ball more than 10 yards.

Winehole23
01-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Sour grapes thread.

DMX7
01-08-2010, 05:34 PM
I was just kidding everyone. The Championship is where it belongs... on display at Wal Mart in the great state of Alabama.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20100108/WVUA01/100109602/1004/SPORTS?Title=Bama-s-BCS-Trophy-at-Wal-Mart

Greg Oden
01-08-2010, 05:38 PM
You sound butthurt. Get over it, faggot.

IronMexican
01-08-2010, 05:39 PM
I never saw DMX so butthurt. I always thought he was a UTSA supporter. No joke.

NFGIII
01-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Good post.

What does it say about Texas or any other powerhouse programs that lay the entire success of their programs offensively on just one guy? Isn't this just asking for it?

I am not suggesting some ground-breaking approaches to D-1 football but maybe solid programs likes your Texas's, USC's, Bama's, Buckeye's and so on should develop for lack of a better word "Better" back-ups.

I can't stand Texas but it was clear last night that the collective wind got knocked out of them psychologically and could never quite recover.
All because of one guy?

You have a good point and I would have wished that they did have one or that they had developed Gilbert more. But as stated before the QB position is the most important one in the game, especially in the spread. Once Colt went down the chances of winning were significantly reduced. And yes all because of one guy. That unfortunately is the flaw in their system if you can call it one. This is college and how many programs, regardless of prestige, can lure two or more quality QBs at the same time and keep them? They had Jevan Snead - the starting QB for Miss who helped beat OKS this year in a bowl game - and he split since he saw the writing on the wall.ie...no playing time for me since all of it is going to Colt. Maybe there is a way but obviously UT amd most haven't found a way or a consistent way of acheiving that.

Maybe now Brown/Davis will put more effort into developing their backup QB in case of a repeat. But I also think back to '05 and Vince. Would the Horns have beaten USC if Vince had been knocked out of the game? Not just NO but Hell NO! Without his heroics in the 4th Q and of course the stop of White on that 4th down the Horns don't win.

Ah such is sports on a nonprofessional level. And I always keep in mind that these really are just kids. That's why I like the college level sports scene better than the pros, except the Spurs. :D March Madness is one of the most fun times in sports. Damn near anything can and does happen. It can be so unpredictable and those kids are playing for the love of the game (yes, I know, some are balling their ass off in order to attract pro scouts but I was really addressing the majority of the players who haven't a shot in hell at the pros) and their respective schools.

Ignignokt
01-08-2010, 08:14 PM
DMX7 has been romp sore farther than any internet poster here ever.

And he doesn't even claim UT. He's a UTSA fan. rofl rofl rofl!

MajorMike
01-08-2010, 08:16 PM
I agree that with McCoy UT would have throttled Bama.

I also agree that an injury is part of the game and a win is a win.

CubanSucks
01-08-2010, 08:38 PM
I agree that with McCoy UT would have throttled Bama.

I also agree that an injury is part of the game and a win is a win.

:tu

I'm still calling saban a chicken shit for not taking a knee at the end. Texas had ONE timeout (if that), they had the ball in Texas territory, a 10 point lead, and less than 2 min

Greg Oden
01-08-2010, 08:42 PM
:cry boo fuckin hoo :cry

Ignignokt
01-08-2010, 08:48 PM
This thread went swell for the OP.

CubanSucks
01-08-2010, 08:53 PM
:cry boo fuckin hoo :cry

I was leaning more towards the "what a dick" reaction, than the "boo fuckin hoo" reaction. :wakeup

tlongII
01-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Colt getting hurt made no difference. Texas would have gotten throttled regardless.

CubanSucks
01-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Colt getting hurt made no difference. Texas would have gotten throttled regardless.

They didn't get throttled to begin with so I'm pretty sure he would've made a damn big difference. It should have been 17-6 going in to the half. They already had the ball at the 5 yd line when they scored the second to last TD. And the last TD was on a defense that already knew they lost. (again, i'm not the one to say this championship is tainted but don't say having a 5th year senior at QB wouldn't have been any different than a true freshman)

j-6
01-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Gilbert looked scared and unprepared. I'll let some of it slide since he probably never really expected to see meaningful action and he's a frosh thrown into the title game against a pretty nasty defense. I was being a blatant homer and thought we could win despite losing the winningest QB in NCAA history. Alcohol and the situation made me believe a bit more than an unbiased outsider would have.

I hope one day to see him guide his own offense into a title game and make up for this performance. It's certainly possible but I think we're in for a USC letdown year in 10-11 with an Alamo Bowl invite or something. I hate being the "two years from now" guy but it is what it is.

Bama gets all the respect in the world from me. I would have been elated if we could have knocked Ingram or McElroy out of action and rolled the Tide. They got to Colt and whether his vag was sandy or not a day later is irrelevant. I'm not over the loss yet by any means - try me in March. But a day removed, I can handle losing in the BCS title game as well as any OU fan could. UT lost and there's not a damn thing we can do except bitch.

Oh well. We can handle it.

tlongII
01-08-2010, 11:26 PM
37-21 = Throttleage

Cant_Be_Faded
01-08-2010, 11:30 PM
lol yeah fuckin right

if texas' losing last night was a throttlage then the Oregon St team got fist fucked

tlongII
01-08-2010, 11:41 PM
lol yeah fuckin right

if texas' losing last night was a throttlage then the Oregon St team got fist fucked

This thread isn't about Oregon St.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Just saying
if we got throttled then thats that

call me aggy but IIRC this was a 3 point game with 2 freakin minutes to go
troll all you want, that's not a throttling

tlongII
01-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Throttleage. Serious. Throttleage.

CubanSucks
01-08-2010, 11:57 PM
37-21 = Throttleage

They didn't get throttled to begin with so I'm pretty sure he would've made a damn big difference. It should have been 17-6 going in to the half. They already had the ball at the 5 yd line when they scored the second to last TD. And the last TD was on a defense that already knew they lost. (again, i'm not the one to say this championship is tainted but don't say having a 5th year senior at QB wouldn't have been any different than a true freshman)

Biggems
01-09-2010, 01:39 PM
I am not happy with that final TD by the Tide....but they won that game fair and square.

Texas had their chances, even without McCoy. They had a TD wiped away by an alignment penalty. Malcolm Williams dropped a penalty. There was the fluke screen pass pick 6 just before the half. Ingram got injured in the 2nd half and Texas dominated for all but the final 2:30 of the game.

The fact remains, Alabama forced too many Texas mistakes and then turned those mistakes into touchdowns.

All the credit in the world goes to Bama for their win.......and props to Texas for not throwing in the towel when Colt went down and even moreso when they were down 24-6 at the half. props to Gilbert for coming in against one of the best defenses in the nation and bringing his team back with a chance to drive his team for a win in the final few minutes.

romad_20
01-09-2010, 01:46 PM
I think if Colt would have played the whole game, game plans on both sides would have been completely different (no shit, right?). Bama really went ultra conservative the second Colt got injured. They only threw the ball 11 times the entire game. With Colt in there I think UT would have been able to run much better with the option read and Bama would have played a different game offensively and defensively.

I really could see this game going down to the wire if it would have played out the way it should have. Sucks for UT, Colt and the rest of us who were expecting a classic battle between Big 12 and SEC champs.

BTW props to Kindle who had a great game. It looked like he was the only one playing with any kind of emotion the whole game, even right when Colt went down.

Biggems
01-09-2010, 01:47 PM
37-21 = Throttleage

you are a complete dumbass.....you are now and always have been nothing more than a troll.

your trailblazers are garbage. your oregon ducks are garbage. your oregon st. beavers are garbage. sure they win some meaningful games now and again, but none of the 3 are actual top tier contenders.

you deserve Sam Bowie part 2.

37-21 was the final score. However, with just over 2 minutes left, the score was 24-21. Then a blindside blitz forced a fumble, recovered by Bama at the Texas 2. Bama scored a TD to make it 31-21. That should have been the final. However, Gilbert trying to force a play, threw his 3rd INT of the game. Bama could have sat on the ball and killed the clock. Instead, Saban ran up the score and by running for a garbage TD. The kicker missed the PAT. Texas got the ball back and Gilbert threw his 4th INT of the game. Bama killed the clock this time.

I have never put anyone on ignore, however, if there ever was a candidate for it, it would be you.

romad_20
01-09-2010, 01:50 PM
:tu

I'm still calling saban a chicken shit for not taking a knee at the end. Texas had ONE timeout (if that), they had the ball in Texas territory, a 10 point lead, and less than 2 min

Pretty dick-ish, but they did have multiple turnovers on kickoffs and onside kicks and maybe just wanted to leave absolutely no doubt. If there was any game to completely close the door, the national championship is it.

CubanSucks
01-10-2010, 03:04 AM
Pretty dick-ish, but they did have multiple turnovers on kickoffs and onside kicks and maybe just wanted to leave absolutely no doubt. If there was any game to completely close the door, the national championship is it.

How is handing the ball off to a running back closing the door more than just kneeing it?

Winehole23
01-10-2010, 06:01 AM
The defense just has to stop them there. UT didn't. We didn't do well after turnovers in the 4th quarter.

rjv
01-11-2010, 12:02 PM
while it would have been nice to see mccoy stay in the fact is that texas had put all its eggs in one basket all year long. they have no running game and their backup QB had not received the snaps he should have all year long so as to have some experience. when you are a one dimensional team on offense you dangle by a thread.