PDA

View Full Version : Sad pet story...

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-08-2010, 06:05 PM

Summers
01-08-2010, 06:10 PM
That's awful. At the very least, it would've been more humane to make sure the dog was dead the first time. He also could've shored up the chicken coop to make it impossible for the dog to get in. How sad.

thispego
01-08-2010, 06:10 PM
this aggression will not stand, man

i'd start popping off chickens whenever i felt sad or upset if i were your FIL

mavs>spurs2
01-08-2010, 06:14 PM
if somebody did that to my dog i'd beat his ass mercilessly

Bukefal
01-08-2010, 06:18 PM
You can say; well what the heck, its a dog. But I think this neighbour should be tortured for this. Its brutal what he did. He shouldnt be shooting the dog dead just like that in the first place, that's BS and if he did, he should have made sure he was really dead, and not let the innocent dog suffer like that. Yes, the dog is innocent, he didnt do anything than just living up to his dog instinct by chasing and wanting to get those chickens, that's normal, I mean its an animal, you cant expect an animal to behave like a human and take of his cap and greet when he sees the chickens instead of wanting to eat them.

What a narrowminded brutal neighbour asshole. I hate such people.

What happened afterwards? I thought in the states animal rights organisations and the police are pretty decent and good organised in such things, by even having the right to accuse such people legally in court? Don't know about Texas, probably not.

desflood
01-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Disgusting.

tlongII
01-08-2010, 06:38 PM
That dog got crominated.

CosmicCowboy
01-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Chopper, I'm sorry about the dog...I really am...the neighbor handled it badly...At the same time, Your FIL is right. Country dogs that kill livestock either get penned up 24/7 or get killed. It's not the chicken owners job to build an indestructible chicken coop and keep his chickens penned up 24/7. It's the dog owners job to keep the dog from killing chickens one way or another. I personally know ranchers that have (humanely) killed their own dogs under similar circumstances where they were attacking the neighbors livestock and didn't want them to live the rest of their lives penned up in a cage.

balli
01-08-2010, 10:47 PM
If somebody ever did that to my dog over four chickens I would kill them. I would go to that dude's house, kill him and whoever he loved and take the life sentence and/or death penalty. I don't give a fuck how things are in the country, somebody shoots my dog and doesn't finish the job, I'd kill their whole family. Without thinking twice.

exstatic
01-08-2010, 10:56 PM
if somebody did that to my dog i'd beat his ass mercilessly

If somebody ever did that to my dog over four chickens I would kill them. I would go to that dude's house, kill him and whoever he loved and take the life sentence and/or death penalty. I don't give a fuck how things are in the country, somebody shoots my dog and doesn't finish the job, I'd kill their whole family. Without thinking twice.

Two people who didn't get it: dude did it to HIS OWN DOG.

Pretty fucked up.

01-08-2010, 11:00 PM

Pretty fucked up.

http://www.birdville.k12.tx.us/101/teachers/stutheit_library/images/RIF-Logo-blue_large.gif

Udokafan05
01-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Some people shouldn't have pets.

balli
01-08-2010, 11:01 PM

It wouldn't be an issue for me because if the code of the country is that you don't let your dog roam, then my dog would not roam. Unequivocally. The fact remains, somebody shoots my dog? I'd kill them.

I don't know about anyone else, but my best friend in the whole world is a golden retriever. Outside of my parents and sister, my dog is FAR more important to me than any human being alive. So maybe I can't step back and look at this through the 'country' lens, if that's the way the country works then fuck the country. All I can say is that is some shit kickin rancher ever did that to my dog, I would end his life. Without thinking twice.

tlongII
01-08-2010, 11:03 PM
It wouldn't be an issue for me because if the code of the country is that you don't let your dog roam, then my dog would not roam. Unequivocally. The fact remains, whatever the reason, somebody shoots my dog and lets it die a painful fucking death over $20 worth of meat? I'd butcher them. Not just kill them. I'd cut them apart slowly. I'd kill their kids.

I don't know about anyone else, but my best friend in the whole world is a golden retriever. Outside of my parents and sister, my dog is FAR more important to me than any human being alive, much less some fucking poultry. So maybe I can't step back and look at this through the 'country' lens, if that's the way the country works then fuck the country. All I can say is that is some shit kickin rancher ever did that to my dog, I would end his life. Without thinking twice.

Just shut the fuck up you internet badass. Please.

exstatic
01-08-2010, 11:03 PM
it wouldn't be an issue for me because if the code of the country is that you don't let your dog roam, then my dog would not roam. Unequivocally. The fact remains, whatever the reason, somebody shoots my dog and lets it die a painful fucking death over $20 worth of meat? I'd butcher them. Not just kill them. I'd cut them apart slowly. I'd kill their kids.

I don't know about anyone else, but my best friend in the whole world is a golden retriever. Outside of my parents and sister, my dog is far more important to me than any human being alive, much less some fucking poultry. So maybe i can't step back and look at this through the 'country' lens, all i can say is that is some shit kickin rancher ever did that to my dog, i would end his life. Without thinking twice.

THE NEIGHBOR shot HIS OWN DOG.

mavs>spurs2
01-08-2010, 11:08 PM

Pretty fucked up.

If I saw someone shoot an innocent family pet for fun, I'd beat their ass mercilessly.

balli
01-08-2010, 11:09 PM
THE NEIGHBOR shot HIS OWN DOG.
I KNOW THAT!!!

I didn't say one fucking word about this guy and what he did to his dog.

All I said is what I'd do if it were my dog.

Just shut the fuck up you internet badass. Please.

Whatever. I've never once claimed to be tougher than anyone else, or threatened anybody ever on the web. Someone shoots my dog, a nuclear fucking bomb couldn't stop me. And that's not me calling myself tough or a badass. That me calling myself one hypothetically crazy motherfucker.

tlongII
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
I KNOW THAT!!!

I didn't say one fucking word about this guy and what he did to his dog.

All I said is what I'd do if it were my dog.

Whatever. I've never once claimed to be tougher than anyone else, or threatened anybody ever on the web. Someone shoots my dog, a nuclear fucking bomb couldn't stop me. And that's not me calling myself tough or a badass. That me calling myself one hypothetically crazy motherfucker.

Why would you even say something like that? It doesn't make sense.

balli
01-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Why would you even say something like that? It doesn't make sense.

Do you own a dog? If you're asking why I brought up my dog, it was in response to cc's take that shooting dogs is common place in the country. Just part of living there. So I put my dog into that context, not that of the op.

tlongII
01-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Do you own a dog? If you're asking why I brought up my dog, it was in response to cc's take that shooting dogs is common place in the country. Just part of living there. So I put my dog into that context, not that of the op.

CC's take is of country owners shooting their own dogs, not other people's.

balli
01-08-2010, 11:28 PM
CC's take is of country owners shooting their own dogs, not other people's.

His take was that 'country dogs' get shot all the time. By their own owners or otherwise.

florige
01-08-2010, 11:32 PM
So I am curious. What is the code in that part of the country if say it WAS dog that got out and started killing my neighbors chickens? Is it still procedure to shoot the animal regardless?

ploto
01-08-2010, 11:52 PM
People who kill animals with their own hands to eat them often have different views on all animals.

balli
01-08-2010, 11:58 PM
People who kill animals with their own hands to eat them often have different views on all animals.

Well that's wrong IMO. After reading this shit and getting all worked up by how brutal it was, obviously, my initial comments were out of line and for that I apologize to anyone who read them.

Still, if you ask me, the average domesticated dog is worth far more than fucking livestock and anyone who would chamber a round and let it slip, into a dog, for any reason, is worth less than a dog themselves.

BlackSwordsMan
01-09-2010, 01:18 AM
you play to win the game

marini martini
01-09-2010, 02:19 AM
Sad story. Two of our dogs were shot for killing the rancher's chicken a few years back.

CosmicCowboy
01-09-2010, 12:31 PM
So I am curious. What is the code in that part of the country if say it WAS dog that got out and started killing my neighbors chickens? Is it still procedure to shoot the animal regardless?

Are you asking about the law? In the situation you describe it is perfectly legal to kill dogs that are attacking your livestock. If you called the sheriff they would come out and tell you that the neighbor had every right to shoot your dog and it was YOUR responsibility to keep your dogs on your property and not chasing livestock. At the same time, everyone loves dogs and knows that emotions can run high where they are concermed. MOST country neighbors will call and give the neighbors one chance to recover and control their dogs. In the case of good neighbors money frequently changes hands as compensation for damages. It is an unspoken rule that there will be no second chances. Theres even a name for it...Triple S...shoot, shovel, and shut up. The dog/s just disappear.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Chopper, I'm sorry about the dog...I really am...the neighbor handled it badly...At the same time, Your FIL is right. Country dogs that kill livestock either get penned up 24/7 or get killed. It's not the chicken owners job to build an indestructible chicken coop and keep his chickens penned up 24/7. It's the dog owners job to keep the dog from killing chickens one way or another. I personally know ranchers that have (humanely) killed their own dogs under similar circumstances where they were attacking the neighbors livestock and didn't want them to live the rest of their lives penned up in a cage.

I do understand the rules change in the country. I remember my grandfather used to keep a shotgun by the front door for taking out the stray dogs that would come after his chickens...although he'd usually just use birdshot and scare 'em away. I think what got me worse than anything was the fact this guy didn't make sure the dog was dead. My dogs have always been more like kids to me, so the thought of this dog suffering was kind of rough.

Heck, I had a dog get cancer in his jaw a few years ago and I spent $5K on chemo treatments just to give him an extra couple of years. Actually typing that out now it sounds nuts to me, but that's how much I love those animals. So I can't imagine doing that to your dog in the manner this guy did.

Shastafarian
01-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Are you asking about the law? In the situation you describe it is perfectly legal to kill dogs that are attacking your livestock. If you called the sheriff they would come out and tell you that the neighbor had every right to shoot your dog and it was YOUR responsibility to keep your dogs on your property and not chasing livestock. At the same time, everyone loves dogs and knows that emotions can run high where they are concermed. MOST country neighbors will call and give the neighbors one chance to recover and control their dogs. In the case of good neighbors money frequently changes hands as compensation for damages. It is an unspoken rule that there will be no second chances. Theres even a name for it...Triple S...shoot, shovel, and shut up. The dog/s just disappear.

I'm pretty sure what this guy did violated the Animal Welfare Act.

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2010, 01:32 PM
so ummm is he going to eat that or not?

Mark in Austin
01-09-2010, 01:41 PM
I have a good friend who came up with a solution when his dogs figured out how to get into the nieghbors chicken cages (the big dog would use his snout to push the door open long enough for the little dog to climb in & kill the chickens. Then the big dog would push the door open again to allow the little dog to pull out the chickens. Pretty smart.):

He locked both dogs in separate stalls in the barn. Then he strapped a dead chicken to each dogs back. Twice a day for a week he'd come into the stall and beat the living shit out of each dog using a dead chicken.

They never went near the cages again.

Cleveland Steamer
01-09-2010, 02:19 PM
It wouldn't be an issue for me because if the code of the country is that you don't let your dog roam, then my dog would not roam. Unequivocally. The fact remains, somebody shoots my dog? I'd kill them.

I don't know about anyone else, but my best friend in the whole world is a golden retriever. Outside of my parents and sister, my dog is FAR more important to me than any human being alive. So maybe I can't step back and look at this through the 'country' lens, if that's the way the country works then fuck the country. All I can say is that is some shit kickin rancher ever did that to my dog, I would end his life. Without thinking twice.

you sound badass. they should make a movie about you.

Cleveland Steamer
01-09-2010, 02:20 PM
country folks defend their shit with force. that's just the way the way it is. no reason pitch a fit about it.