PDA

View Full Version : Carroll to Seattle...Riley to USC?

johngateswhiteley
01-08-2010, 06:47 PM
thats the rumor. i don't want to lose Carroll under any circumstance, but if we do (to the seahawks), i think Riley would do a great job.

...but can he recruit like Carroll...can he run the top program in the country...would he leave OSU? i'm worried. I can't believe how far we fell this year and now Carroll is gone? not good.

tlongII
01-08-2010, 06:51 PM
PLEASE let this be just a rumor! I don't want to lose Mike Riley!

johngateswhiteley
01-08-2010, 07:11 PM
PLEASE let this be just a rumor! I don't want to lose Mike Riley!

you think he would for sure take the opporunity?

IronMexican
01-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I've been hearing this shit all day. Quote worried.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-08-2010, 07:32 PM
top program in the country

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Doug Collins
01-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Leaving before all those NCAA investigations get hammered out. Not surprised.

MajorMike
01-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Leaving before all those NCAA investigations get hammered out. Not surprised.

My thoughts exactly.

MajorMike
01-08-2010, 09:02 PM
We know how truthful the web is, but several people saying its done and he is already trying to build a staff.

IronMexican
01-08-2010, 09:06 PM
5 year 35 million supposedly.

IronMexican
01-08-2010, 09:08 PM
And yeah, this could be the same as the Floyd situation.

tlongII
01-08-2010, 09:18 PM
you think he would for sure take the opporunity?

I don't know. Riley grew up in Corvallis and has said many times that he will stay as long as OSU wants him. However, if SC throw $4 M per year at him for like 3 or 4 years I don't know if he could resist.

johngateswhiteley
01-08-2010, 09:35 PM
I don't know. Riley grew up in Corvallis and has said many times that he will stay as long as OSU wants him. However, if SC throw $4 M per year at him for like 3 or 4 years I don't know if he could resist.

Well, who knows. USC is also, supposedly, looking at harbough...I don't think you could go wrong with either. But harbough seems like the type who is intrigued with the nfl. Id rather not deal with that.

Btw, it must be nice to be t.u., notre dame, ucla...etc. you never have to worry about your coaches leaving for the nfl.

j-6
01-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Well, who knows. USC is also, supposedly, looking at harbough...I don't think you could go wrong with either. But harbough seems like the type who is intrigued with the nfl. Id rather not deal with that.

Btw, it must be nice to be t.u., notre dame, ucla...etc. you never have to worry about your coaches leaving for the nfl.

How about Norm Chow? He's right across town and has obvious ties - a title, kids went there, et cetera.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-08-2010, 11:44 PM
USC must be about to get a mini-death penalty if Carroll is about to jump ship.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2010, 12:21 AM
How about Norm Chow? He's right across town and has obvious ties - a title, kids went there, et cetera.

Maybe, love him as a o coordinator, not sure about head coach.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2010, 12:22 AM
USC must be about to get a mini-death penalty if Carroll is about to jump ship.

This shit is horrible

Cant_Be_Faded
01-09-2010, 12:32 AM
No fucking way in even JGW's deluded world that USC will remain a top tier program without Carroll. At least you'll always have your victory over o fucking u :rollin

Jheum Jhang
01-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Seems like College Football as a whole will be way down next year. I think with the weakening of so many teams Ohio State and Alabama are on a crash course for the championship.

Texas is losing McCoy

OU losing Bradford

Tech lost Leach (I thought they actually had an outside chance at a BCS championship)

Florida losing Tebow and Meyer

Cincinatti losing Kelly

and now USC losing Carroll

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2010, 12:58 AM
No fucking way in even JGW's deluded world that USC will remain a top tier program without Carroll. At least you'll always have your victory over o fucking u :rollin

i could be wrong, but USC has more success in College Football than any team but notre dame. so...

that being said, he would be hard to replace and i'm sure there would be a dip...we'll see.

ans to chalk up Pete Carroll's rule at USC as one victory of OU, is irresponsible and inaccurate. he did things no other coach will do.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-09-2010, 01:01 AM
i could be wrong, but USC has more success in College Football than any team but notre dame. so...

that being said, he would be hard to replace and i'm sure there would be a dip...we'll see.

ans to chalk up Pete Carroll's rule at USC as one victory of OU, is irresponsible and inaccurate. he did things no other coach will do.

Sorry holmes if you want to get statistical, the longhorns have been the best ncaa college football team of the decade, no other team has started and finished in the top 15 every year for the last decade.

USC won one championship against OU. You guys get so much balls to the wall talent you should have like four. I expect USC to win the pac 10 next season for sure with experience on D and at QB but without Carroll that D is going to take a hit for sure and the influx of insane 5 star recruits will take a hit as well. I can actually Mountain West teams benefitting from the power vacuum USC will leave in the top tier west coast recruiting.

Blake
01-09-2010, 01:02 AM

:lol

what's your criteria?

Cant_Be_Faded
01-09-2010, 01:04 AM
USC has gotten the most 5 star talent in the Caroll era than any other team in the entire country. Those are NFL locks. USC pulls in like 2-4 of them every freakin year.

They should have so much to show for it and they don't. Some of it is just bad luck, but you're not gonna tell me they keep all of that up if coach Carroll aint there.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2010, 01:04 AM
Sorry holmes if you want to get statistical, the longhorns have been the best ncaa college football team of the decade, no other team has started and finished in the top 15 every year for the last decade.

USC won one championship against OU. You guys get so much balls to the wall talent you should have like four. I expect USC to win the pac 10 next season for sure with experience on D and at QB but without Carroll that D is going to take a hit for sure and the influx of insane 5 star recruits will take a hit as well. I can actually Mountain West teams benefitting from the power vacuum USC will leave in the top tier west coast recruiting.

wow, what an infant. they've actually done this song and dance before...its USC.

Blake
01-09-2010, 01:05 AM
They should have so much to show for it and they don't. Some of it is just bad luck, but you're not gonna tell me they keep all of that up if coach Carroll aint there.

not if the sanctions come like we all think they might.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2010, 01:06 AM

what's your criteria?

oh...i don't know...national championships, heisman trophy winners, bowl wins, conference championships...the usual.

...stupid question.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-09-2010, 01:07 AM
There is no sane reason for Pete to leave his baby unless he knows bad times are ahead.

Let us not forget Reggie Bush's GED-talent level mom somehow lived in a prime location mansion for his entire tenure at USC

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2010, 01:08 AM
USC has gotten the most 5 star talent in the Caroll era than any other team in the entire country. Those are NFL locks. USC pulls in like 2-4 of them every freakin year.

but you're not gonna tell me they keep all of that up if coach Carroll aint there.

probably not...but im going to remain optimistic. im a fan...what the fuck do you expect.

Blake
01-09-2010, 01:19 AM
oh...i don't know...national championships, heisman trophy winners, bowl wins, conference championships...the usual.

...stupid question.

wow, what an infant response.

Alabama has more national champsionships, dipshit.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2010, 01:21 AM
wow, what an infant response.

Alabama has more national champsionships, dipshit.

you should do more research, although they do claim more. but tekk friend, correct me if i'm wrong, didn't i throw a few criteria out there? i think i did.

Blake
01-09-2010, 01:27 AM
you should do more research, although they do claim more. but tekk friend, correct me if i'm wrong, didn't i throw a few criteria out there? i think i did.

Which is why I asked. In my opinion, championships are all that matter when determining the most successful programs of all time.

tekk

wow, more infant posting my hypocritical friend

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2010, 01:51 AM
wow, more infant posting my hypocritical friend

huh? thats how i spell it. that doesn't make me an infant...it means i have taste.

moving on, some years teams weren't allowed to play for the title or politics got in the way, much like today i suppose. but back then it was worse considering the lack of technology. further, some analysts consider some of alabamas titles to be b.s...i don't really care.

because of many reasons, i'm sticking with the criteria i originally quoted. even if we disagree, my statement isn't any less valid. top 2, top 3...either way. but i say 2...for now.

Blake
01-09-2010, 02:13 AM
because of many reasons, i'm sticking with the criteria i originally quoted. even if we disagree, my statement isn't any less valid. top 2, top 3...either way. but i say 2...for now.

terrific. It's why I asked a "stupid" question.

It doesn't make my statement that you are a hypocrite any less valid.

DMX7
01-09-2010, 02:22 AM

Last time I checked, winning championships is what defines the best team and Texas has just one in this decade. Hate to say it, but Florida has been better and even USC's 1 and 1/2 titles makes them better.

IronMexican
01-09-2010, 02:23 AM
No doubt if Carroll leaves, USC will be down for quite a while. And there's no guarantee they get back to the level of dominance they've had over the pac 10.

iggypop123
01-09-2010, 02:59 AM
he's gone. why not? at 7 million and full control

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2010, 03:30 AM
terrific. It's why I asked a "stupid" question.

It doesn't make my statement that you are a hypocrite any less valid.

Listen carefully...you are dumb, coupled with the fact that you either went to tekk or are simply a fan, makes it case closed.

Trouble yourself with more important high plains news.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2010, 03:31 AM
No doubt if Carroll leaves, USC will be down for quite a while. And there's no guarantee they get back to the level of dominance they've had over the pac 10.

It's hard to imagine a scenario where that isn't the case, but let's not jump ahead either. We could get a great coach and the drop off not be horrible.

leemajors
01-09-2010, 08:47 AM
he's gone. why not? at 7 million and full control

seattle learned nothing from holmgren then. total control in the NFL = disaster

K-State Spur
01-09-2010, 10:50 AM

if they hire somebody competent, why wouldn't they?

they have top level facilities, funding, and a local recruiting base that only a couple other programs can match.

but to expect that the next coach won't be some kind of a drop-off, that would be unreasonable. carroll was the perfect fit for USC.

...and he did go 0-2 against bill snyder.

Whisky Dog
01-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Wow, this is crazy news. Gotta be Bush type violations gonna bring down the hammer soon, so Petie's gotta fly the coup before that hammer drops.

MajorMike
01-09-2010, 11:23 AM
This shit is horrible

Try to join the reality club for a change, jgw.

It is completely normal and even regular for a coach who seemed untouchable to jump ship when sanctions are coming. I am not saying that is the sole reason, but the likelihood that is a contributing factor cannot be ruled out and I would even consider probable.

I mean, do you seriously think Fran would have left Bama for atm if he didn't know Bama was about to get the worst penalties since SMU?

romad_20
01-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Last time I checked, winning championships is what defines the best team and Texas has just one in this decade. Hate to say it, but Florida has been better and even USC's 1 and 1/2 titles makes them better.

LSU has two, as well.

NCAA is about to hammer USC if Carroll is jumping ship. There's no other way he'd leave, especially for Seattle. The money is good but Carroll is like a god in Southern Cal and has his pick of recruits in a giant state. Why would you want to go to a team that has an aging QB, horrible skill position players and average everything else, not to mention its in Seattle. That's a far cry from LA.

Rain, sub-standard women, boring night life. At least they have decent micro brews and good seafood, I guess.

leemajors
01-09-2010, 11:39 AM

It is completely normal and even regular for a coach who seemed untouchable to jump ship when sanctions are coming. I am not saying that is the sole reason, but the likelihood that is a contributing factor cannot be ruled out and I would even consider probable.

I mean, do you seriously think Fran would have left Bama for atm if he didn't know Bama was about to get the worst penalties since SMU?

Of course - A&M has top notch facilities and is a top tier school choosing not to do well recently, waiting for the right coach.

leemajors
01-09-2010, 11:40 AM
LSU has two, as well.

NCAA is about to hammer USC if Carroll is jumping ship. There's no other way he'd leave, especially for Seattle. The money is good but Carroll is like a god in Southern Cal and has his pick of recruits in a giant state. Why would you want to go to a team that has an aging QB, horrible skill position players and average everything else, not to mention its in Seattle. That's a far cry from LA.

Rain, sub-standard women, boring night life. At least they have decent micro brews and good seafood, I guess.

Top notch brew and seafood, not decent and good.

J.T.
01-09-2010, 12:35 PM

Seattle's pretty bad ass brah. Spend some time there before you shit on it during a football discussion. It's pretty much a clone of Austin, Texas.

romad_20
01-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Seattle's pretty bad ass brah. Spend some time there before you shit on it during a football discussion. It's pretty much a clone of Austin, Texas.

Just went there and have been there multiple times. I have a friend who lives in Everett. It is no where close to a clone of Austin (where I live), no where close, man.

I went during Halloween and there was nothing going on. The live music scene just doesn't exist anymore. I asked multiple people why it was so dead during Halloween and each one told me this is about as lively as it gets here. They do have Bumbershoot and such during the summer. The outdoor scene (hiking and such) is badass, but I doubt that that's going to pull Carroll in alone.

I should have said top-notch beer (mmmm Pyramid) and seafood, but I stand by my statement of sub-standard women and weak nightlife for such a major city.

iggypop123
01-09-2010, 02:03 PM
seattle learned nothing from holmgren then. total control in the NFL = disaster

he will have to deal with a GM. that wont be his job. not quite full

MajorMike
01-09-2010, 05:16 PM

What... its all about football and a bunch of wannabes in basketball?

Blake
01-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Listen carefully...you are dumb, coupled with the fact that you either went to tekk or are simply a fan, makes it case closed.

Trouble yourself with more important high plains news.

this coming from someone who thinks players can't become more talented.

you are dumb

wow you are an infant

...and a hypocrite.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2010, 05:33 PM

what the hell does that have to do with this not bring horrible?

Anyway, I don't think USC will be hammered as bad as most of you think. I think Carroll always wanted to go back to the nfl. Makes sense the more I think about it.

USC should be able to get a good couch, though there will almost certainly be a drop off.

samikeyp
01-09-2010, 05:34 PM
what the hell does that have to do with this not bring horrible?

Anyway, I don't think USC will be hammered as bad as most of you think. I think Carroll always wanted to go back to the nfl. Makes sense the more I think about it.

USC should be able to get a good couch, though there will almost certainly be a drop off.

Yes but who will they get to sit on it? :)

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Yes but who will they get to sit on it? :)

Who knows. Some fattie tekk fan, probably.

Blake
01-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Makes sense the more I think about it.

:lol because the NCAA is a-comin'

Blake
01-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Who knows. Some fattie tekk fan, probably.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_umo9e9iDLLQ/SnuKaTydFRI/AAAAAAAABi4/2ouiXGXUePg/s400/mike-leach-texas-tech.jpg

samikeyp
01-09-2010, 05:47 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_umo9e9iDLLQ/SnuKaTydFRI/AAAAAAAABi4/2ouiXGXUePg/s400/mike-leach-texas-tech.jpg

How funny would that be? I don't know who's head explode faster, JGW or the Tech Crew.

DMX7
01-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Seattle is a nice city by the water but not up to par with Austin.

johngateswhiteley
01-25-2010, 09:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/7386/opening-the-mailbag-who-should-mike-stoops-hire

Gerry from Scottsdale writes: Every time someone writes about Pete Carroll winning two national championships, someone insists he only won one and that 2003 doesn't count. What's your take?

Ted Miller: USC won national titles in 2003 and 2004. Period. There is no debate, discussion or question.

It's not valid, or legitimate, or honest to say otherwise.