PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Roy 32 pts on 11 shots, Kobe 32 pts on 37 shots?

noob cake
01-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Kobe just chucking tonight as usual

KidCongo
01-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Bryant isn't in the top echelon of efficient NBA players. Simple as that.

mogrovejo
He wants to win the MVP at all costs and he knows it's all about scoring.

iggypop123
Kobe just chucking tonight as usual

answer: Bryant - 2 for 4 Roy - 13 for 14 FT

lil_penny
01-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Pathetic

ElNono
01-09-2010, 12:37 AM
ESPN front page:

Kobe does it again - scores 32 - as Lakers fail to take advantage of hobbled Blazers.

You know it's coming...

DxB
01-09-2010, 12:39 AM
answer: Bryant - 2 for 4 Roy - 13 for 14 FT

Maybe he should try to GET to the line instead of chucking those weak ass fadeaways all night. Dude took about 30 bad shots and was shooting without shame...

Easy to blame the refs js admit KObe's being gay right now...

lil_penny
01-09-2010, 12:39 AM
ESPN front page:

Kobe does it again - scores 32 - as Lakers fail to take advantage of hobbled Blazers.

You know it's coming...

No it will read..

Kobes 32 and a injury riddled lakers team fall short in portland.

MiamiHeat
01-09-2010, 12:40 AM
History is going to be very very harsh on Kobe bryant

he is an active player, and still can't get it done

when the aura of him being an active star is over, he's going to get drilled and fall from the #2 SG of all time spot. I guarantee that.

iggypop123
01-09-2010, 12:43 AM
History is going to be very very harsh on Kobe bryant

he is an active player, and still can't get it done

when the aura of him being an active star is over, he's going to get drilled and fall from the #2 SG of all time spot. I guarantee that.

you must not know history if you truly believe this

Smooth Criminal
01-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Kobe is clearly worse than Roy...:lmao MaimiHeat

Def Rowe
01-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Guy's got a shit bench and a fractured finger.

MiamiHeat
01-09-2010, 12:50 AM
Guy's got a shit bench and a fractured finger.

he has an AVULSION FRACTURE.

LA028dlUVwQ

BRHornet45
01-09-2010, 12:51 AM
open your eyes sons

Kobe = great player, but nothing more than your average all star player. media hyped and pushed to the top by the league

Roy = legit talent

Def Rowe
01-09-2010, 12:54 AM
open your eyes sons

Kobe = great player, but nothing more than your average all star player. media hyped and pushed to the top by the league

Roy = legit talent

Uh, completely agreed. :toast

Killakobe81
01-09-2010, 01:02 AM
SOns. Why stop at > than Kobe?
Brandon roy is better than MJ ...since he scored 32 on only 11 shots his PER must be spectacular ...
Roy is winning without 4 starters!!! Could Mj do that?! Could anyone?!

Brandon roy is 2legit2quit! Brandon is better than mj, wade, Lebron and Jesus shutlesworth (the movie one)!!

BRHornet45
01-09-2010, 01:04 AM
SOns. Why stop at > than Kobe?
Brandon roy is better than MJ ...since he scored 32 on only 11 shots his PER must be spectacular ...
Roy is winning without 4 starters!!! Could Mj do that?! Could anyone?!

Brandon roy is 2legit2quit! Brandon is better than mj, wade, Lebron and Jesus shutlesworth (the movie one)!!

son do you need one of these? god bless

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/1185/37743196-main_Full.jpg

cobbler
01-09-2010, 01:08 AM
He has bad games like all players. Nothing newsworthy here. He had a bad game. Just fodder for the haters.

The "chucker" is shotting 47% on the season and has played half of it with a fracture of the index finger that 99% of players would be sitting out with.

The god MJ shot 49% for his career and was ohhhhhhhh sooooooo much superior. BTW, he also shot under 47% 5 of his 15 years. Go figure.

Keep on hatin... even when there hoisting the LOB. :lmao

Good game by the Blazers! *tip of the hat* You deserved the win. Pathetic defense by the Lakers as a whole.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Anyone read Bill Simmons' Book of Basketball? He has Kobe at like #15 or so of all time, then puts in an epilogue to bump him up a spot or two. Kobe is a joke. Dirk could be dominating out there all the same with that squad around him.

BRHornet45
01-09-2010, 01:14 AM
The "chucker" is shotting 47% on the season and has played half of it with a fracture of the index finger that 99% of players would be sitting out with.

son don't worry. it will eventually drop down to his usual pathetic 42-45% shooting.

Killakobe81
01-09-2010, 01:15 AM
son do you need one of these? god bless

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/1185/37743196-main_Full.jpg

Why are you offering me to share yours? I am just saying what I am hearing ...I am trying to buy the hype or see through the Kobe hype ...

I mean all ihear is he is a chucker cant win without Gasol etc. So Im just following that same logic ...
Roy's game wAS SUPERB ...so off of that ONE game i have decided that Roy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kobe
And after tonight Cp3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Magic>Isiah>Dwill ...

cobbler
01-09-2010, 01:23 AM
son don't worry. it will eventually drop down to his usual pathetic 42-45% shooting.

Your hatred along with the many others here makes you all look like fools.

Jordan... As of now the considered GOAT shot 49% career. Kobe is shooting 45% career. That means in 20 shots taken, Kobe makes 9 on average and MJ made 9.8.

Think about that. Less than one shot per 20.

You haters are absolutely hilarious!!!

MiamiHeat
01-09-2010, 01:37 AM
Your hatred along with the many others here makes you all look like fools.

Jordan... As of now the considered GOAT shot 49% career. Kobe is shooting 45% career. That means in 20 shots taken, Kobe makes 9 on average and MJ made 9.8.

Think about that. Less than one shot per 20.

You haters are absolutely hilarious!!!

Actually,

Jordan shot .505 for a 50% career FG% when he retired as a Chicago Bull.

his 2 Wizard years when he was 40 years old bring his average down to .497 which is .003 off from 50% again.

So nice try.

cobbler
01-09-2010, 02:58 AM
Actually,

his 2 Wizard years when he was 40 years old bring his average down to .497 which is .003 off from 50% again.

So nice try.

I believe I said career. Those 2 years COUNT as part of his career you dumbass.

Regardless. Give him .505 then to satisfy your haterade. So he goes from .08 shots out of 20 to 1 shot out of 20 better average than Kobe.

So nice try to you moron. You gained .02 :lmao

redzero
01-09-2010, 03:03 AM
Actually,

So nice try.

Goddamn. Jordan should have taken more shots if he was still shooting 50% from the field as a Wizard.

BRHornet45
01-09-2010, 03:40 AM
sons why is Jordan even being brought up in here? ... at least compare Kobe to someone on his level.

JordanL
01-09-2010, 03:52 AM
I believe I said career. Those 2 years COUNT as part of his career you dumbass.

Regardless. Give him .505 then to satisfy your haterade. So he goes from .08 shots out of 20 to 1 shot out of 20 better average than Kobe.

So nice try to you moron. You gained .02 :lmao

.08?

When did eight one hundredths become the same thing as eight tenths?

sonic21
01-09-2010, 05:16 AM
LOL @ 37 shots. I mean, seriously.

Chieflion
01-09-2010, 05:20 AM
Who takes 37 shots in the NBA except for Kobe Bryant? This is crazy stuff. It is not as if Artest, Odom and Bynum don't know how to score.

Muser
01-09-2010, 08:00 AM
37 shots? Jesus chris...Odom was shooting 7-9, why not give the hot hand the ball?

cobbler
01-09-2010, 12:23 PM
.08?

When did eight one hundredths become the same thing as eight tenths?

My bad...you are correct. .8 & .2

pauls931
01-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Kobe, just another chucker without a big as a distraction.

cobbler
01-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Who takes 37 shots in the NBA except for Kobe Bryant? This is crazy stuff. It is not as if Artest, Odom and Bynum don't know how to score.

This is not all on Kobe though. Yes...he forced up too many shots. There is no doubt about that. He also had the highest assit total of the game. On a lot of the plays the ball was in the hands of Artest, Odom and Bynum with 8 to 10 seconds on the clock and they either got double teamed or flustered and who do they look to? It would be interesting to go back and count how many of the 37 were taken when he was passed the ball with 6 seconds or less on the clock.

Bukefal
01-09-2010, 12:45 PM

LA028dlUVwQ

Nice vid!

And yeah, Kobe is all hype, it's show backed up by the league. Of course he is a good player, but he is overrated, they make him like he is the god of basketball, the playing legend.

They do that to LeBron too, but at least LeBron is better than Kobe was, is and ever will be. Plus, Kobe is an asshole.

And any of you who see Kobe at the same level as MJ or even putting Kobe's name in the same sentence with MJ to compare these two, is a nutjob.

gm5k
01-09-2010, 12:51 PM
what separates Jordan from Kobe in FG % is their shot selection. for me it's a toss up as far as who had the better shot, or who was more talented, etc on the offensive end. Jordan was just smarter about the shots he took. Kobe's ego knows no limits on shots that he thinks he can make. i don't mean it as an insult, I'm actually a fan.

this is also the reason Kobe will have a better ridiculous shot highlight reel than Jordan when his career is done. he misses a good amount of his high difficulty shots, but the ones that do go in look so badass :lol

as far as trying to compare Roy to Kobe, that's just silly :king

crc21209
01-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Kobe needs a shitload of shots to get his points...whats new?

cobbler
01-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Kobe needs a shitload of shots to get his points...whats new?

47% is 47%

regardless of the amount of shots.

Gutter92
01-09-2010, 02:09 PM
He has bad games like all players. Nothing newsworthy here. He had a bad game. Just fodder for the haters.

The god MJ shot 49% for his career and was ohhhhhhhh sooooooo much superior. BTW, he also shot under 47% 5 of his 15 years. Go figure.

Keep on hatin... even when there hoisting the LOB. :lmao

Good game by the Blazers! *tip of the hat* You deserved the win. Pathetic defense by the Lakers as a whole.

lmao, MJ shot a higher career average than kobe's career high

lemme know when kobe shoots 54% in 3 seasons,:rollin

tlongII
01-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Right now B-Roy is better than Kobe. There is no question about this fact.

j.dizzle
01-09-2010, 03:58 PM
LOL at 37 shots when his teammates were actually shooting well..Kobe's main problem is that he takes the opposing fans too serious..When they get all fired up n shit he feels that he needs to start chuckin shots to shut them up..He needs to understand that he has a broken index finger..Sure he's beat a lot of teams by himself this season, but he also had 7 assists yesterday so he should stick to passing more when his teammates are hitting shots. I bet he could average 8-10 assists a game if he wanted too so I dunno..A few game slump always happens so its all good, his finger will heal before the playoffs start.

The Franchise
01-09-2010, 04:35 PM

LA028dlUVwQ

This was funny. :lol

hitmanyr2k
01-09-2010, 06:48 PM
what separates Jordan from Kobe in FG % is their shot selection. for me it's a toss up as far as who had the better shot, or who was more talented, etc on the offensive end. Jordan was just smarter about the shots he took. Kobe's ego knows no limits on shots that he thinks he can make. i don't mean it as an insult, I'm actually a fan.

this is also the reason Kobe will have a better ridiculous shot highlight reel than Jordan when his career is done. he misses a good amount of his high difficulty shots, but the ones that do go in look so badass :lol

as far as trying to compare Roy to Kobe, that's just silly :king

I've always said this same thing myself which is why I always laugh when people say Kobe has such a high b-ball IQ. He plays like an idiot more times than he should for such a veteran. If he had half of Jordan's IQ throughout his career he could have been so much more efficient and control the game better. Early this season Kobe was finally starting to abandon that low percentage 3 point shot and his game was all the better for it. Lately he's starting to gravitate back to that 3 point line and it's starting to show in his shooting percentages.

hater
01-09-2010, 06:49 PM
that's Kobe without a HOF bigman next to him. It's been like this his whole career.

I'm shocked anyone is surprised

BRHornet45
01-09-2010, 06:57 PM
that's Kobe without a HOF bigman next to him. It's been like this his whole career.

I'm shocked anyone is surprised

exactly ...

but son the ESPN Kobe hype is strong. you gotta understand that probably at least 75% of basketball fans don't bother looking at stats and facts. if ESPN tells them Kobe is the greatest, that is what they will believe.

DazedAndConfused
01-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Kobe's greatness is not defined by his statistical numbers, which are off the charts. Anyone who doesn't understand this is a damn fool.

Does he have bad games? Of course. But all of the greats did too. You just don't choose to remember them.

47% is 47%. For a SG, that's damn good no matter how you slice it. Especially considering the fact that he's shooting on one fucked up hand. Lebron sat out 6 games because he hurt his pinky finger on his NON SHOOTING HAND, Kobe would never pussy out like that.

And everyone talking shit about Kobe is only doing so out of hate. Hate because of what Kobe has done to their teams year in and year out. Spur fans can't let go of their hatred because Bryant has shattered their championship hopes time and time again.

MiamiHeat
01-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Bullshit

kobe doesn't have a 'fucked up hand'

he has a jammed finger. YOu realize how many times I jammed my finger playing basketball? Has to be at LEAST a 100 times, and i'm not a pro player.

You know how doctor's treat this?

http://www.ncemi.org/cse/cse0926.gif

PAPER CLIP OR WOOD WRAPPED UP IN FUCKING TAPE!

Ice009
01-09-2010, 11:56 PM
And everyone talking shit about Kobe is only doing so out of hate. Hate because of what Kobe has done to their teams year in and year out. Spur fans can't let go of their hatred because Bryant has shattered their championship hopes time and time again.

I think Tim Duncan is a better player. Is that not allowed. Do I have to say Kobe is better because you think he is? Why would Spurs fans have to say Kobe is the best when we have a player that I think has been better than him most of his career. The Spurs are the only team really that has a player that can be considered better than him in his prime and most of the decade, so I don't get where you are coming from at all. You can get on other teams and their fans because they have not had Tim Duncan or Kobe Bryant, but expecting Spurs fans to bow down to Kobe is not something you're going to get and it shouldn't be expected either. You think the Celtics fans in the 80s should have bowed down to Magic Johnson when they had Larry Bird? I seriously do not get where Lakers fans are coming from.

How about some perspective? If you can't agree one is better than the other, then at the very least you could say they are on equal footing.

Like I said before in 2001-2003 I was not very worried about Kobe at all. I was more worried about Shaq. He was a lot more dominant and we had to focus a lot more defensive attention on him, which in turn allowed Kobe a bit more room to do his thing. I never even disliked Kobe back then. I actually liked him like I did Robert Horry. Both had a pretty good personality and seemed to play a team game.

Kobe is great now. I have not said that he isn't, but again lately Kobe has gone into that mode that made me not like him in the first place. Kobe is the one that puts himself in this situation by playing like he is again the last week or two. You want to be mad at someone be mad at Kobe. He's not playing smart at all, you can't really say he is if you've watched the games.

Chillen
01-10-2010, 01:56 AM
Kobe takes alot of shots and scores alot of points, that's just Kobe's game. He may miss more than he makes some nights, but he knows where to shoot on the court that he has a better shot of making it rather than missing the shot. Which makes him more dangerous and explosive than other players in the league.

TJastal
01-10-2010, 08:26 AM

LA028dlUVwQ

:lol

God that youtube video is hilarious. You are fast becoming my favorite poster here, Miamiheat :toast

Allanon
01-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Lakers have been sucking pretty bad last couple of games.