PDA

View Full Version : Camby > Small Ball

JustinJDW
01-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Small ball doesn't work against REAL CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDING TEAMS! Maybe you can beat -.500 teams with that fastbreak 3-pointing crap. But when it comes to real Playoff teams, you know, when you actually have to play defense, that shit doesn't work.

You can't play Parker, Hill, Mason and Bogans at the same time, and expect to beat real teams. When did we ever adopt this small ball shit?

Anyway, what we need is Marcus Camby, or another big. A REAL BIG! A 6'9 McDyess or 6'6 Blair isn't a real big. Or at least aren't good enough bigs. RJ isn't a big, so why we play him at PF to guard a 7-Foot All-Star like Dirk is beyond me. They are like half a foot apart. Camby is a real big. We need someone that can GRAB REBOUNDS, BLOCK SHOTS AND PROTECT THE FUCKING PAINT!

Because in the end, this is a big mans game, and you need big men to win.

Remember Oberto? Rebmember Mohammed? Remember mother fucking Nesterovic! Yeah, those guys could rebound. Those guys could protect the paint. Those guys could defend other bigs. Hell, even Bowen was guarding Dirk! Remember this shit!

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/files/uploads/BruceBowenBlocksDirk.jpg

Now that's defense! Yeah, unless your Small Forward is Bruce Bowen, you shouldn't have him defend Dirk or other bigs. Playing Finley, RJ or Bogans at PF is just full of fail.

Anyway, just wanted to get that out. I ain't mad or anything, just dissapointed. Still though, its only January. Because contrary to what people act like on SpursTalk, the Playoffs don't start in January.

But seriously though, when did we start doing this small ball shit? I really wanna know.

slick'81
01-09-2010, 02:04 AM
i would love a true center to start and play yes

DesignatedT
01-09-2010, 02:05 AM
yup

Spursmania
01-09-2010, 02:05 AM
We'll get Camby when he's old and can't jump anymore.

poop
01-09-2010, 02:07 AM
camby = 100 yrs old with glass bones and was always an empty-stats machine to begin with.

Spursmania
01-09-2010, 02:08 AM
Because in the end, this is a big mans game, and you need big men to win.

Remember Oberto? Rebmember Mohammed? Remember mother fucking Nesterovic! Yeah, those guys could rebound. Those guys could protect the paint. Those guys could defend other bigs. Hell, even Bowen was guarding Dirk! Remember this shit!

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/files/uploads/BruceBowenBlocksDirk.jpg

This.

Johnny RIngo
01-09-2010, 02:25 AM
camby = 100 yrs old with glass bones and was always an empty-stats machine to begin with.

+1. Never liked him. Too many people are blinded by his fraudulent DPOY award.

I do think the Spurs need a big but not someone as overvalued as Camby(Clippers won't give him up without a pick/young player).

timaios
01-09-2010, 02:41 AM
You can't always get what you want ! This is real life, you know.
The 29 other teams are not supposed to give us what we need to win another :lobt2:.

redzero
01-09-2010, 02:49 AM
Okafor + Peterson for Timmy.

Makes sense for both teams.

Johnny RIngo
01-09-2010, 02:50 AM
You can't always get what you want ! This is real life, you know.
The 29 other teams are not supposed to give us what we need to win another :lobt2:.

Camby won't give us the production needed to beat a team like the Lakers anyway. The success of this team depends on how well Parker/Manu/Jefferson want to play on any given night. Their inconsistent production are what's hurting this team against the .500 teams. Spurs fans went into the season expecting a big 4 and all we've gotten so far is TD carrying the team for about the billionth time in his career.

Libri
01-09-2010, 03:05 AM
We'll get Camby when he's old and can't jump anymore.

yup, lol

Libri
01-09-2010, 03:25 AM
But seriously though, when did we start doing this small ball shit? I really wanna know.

Here it is.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138903&highlight=small+ball

Sean Cagney
01-09-2010, 03:28 AM
Welp we don't have Camby nor will get him so what else do you suggest?

narmerguy
01-09-2010, 03:31 AM
We're not getting any bigs. The NBA is in a golden age of Guards and PF right now, not Centers.

hsxvvd
01-09-2010, 06:10 AM
Remember Oberto? Rebmember Mohammed? Remember mother fucking Nesterovic! Yeah, those guys could rebound.

AND...
http://themax.mlblogs.com/schintzius_med.jpg

lennyalderette
01-09-2010, 09:20 AM
im totally down for camby we need some interior defense and rebounding

exstatic
01-09-2010, 10:15 AM
A 6'9" Dice or a 6'5" Blair isn't ANYTHING when they're both chained to the bench with two fouls like 3.5 minutes into the game. You think somehow Camby is going to change the way a Dallas game is called? Because that's the only reason Pop went Small last night.

exstatic
01-09-2010, 10:16 AM
im totally down for camby we need some interior defense and rebounding

Dallas wasn't running a layup line last night. Is Camby going to get out and block the 40 something fucking jumpshots they made?

Dunc n Dave
01-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Dallas wasn't running a layup line last night. Is Camby going to get out and block the 40 something fucking jumpshots they made?

No... but he would grab a defensive rebound and limit the 12 offensive rebounds the Mavs had. Most of Dampier's points came off 2nd chance points. Even if Damp grabs a rebound, Camby would at least disrupt the putback attempt.

daslicer
01-09-2010, 10:07 PM
No... but he would grab a defensive rebound and limit the 12 offensive rebounds the Mavs had. Most of Dampier's points came off 2nd chance points. Even if Damp grabs a rebound, Camby would at least disrupt the putback attempt.

Thats exactly how I feel about the situation against Dallas. Everytime the spurs have lost to Dallas it seems a lot times Dampier transforms into Dennis Rodman on the glass which is frustrating to watch. I have already conceded Dirk is always going to get his but it is important to lock down the paint to make sure there is no putbacks and easy layups. That if they are going to win off of shooting jumpers then so be it but everything else needs to be taken care off. The only way to fix that problem is to have another legit 7fter playing next to Tim.

exstatic
01-10-2010, 12:29 AM

What rebounds? Did Dallas even MISS in the 4th?

The issues we have with Dallas will NOT be solved by Marcus Camby. He can't play with Tim, because neither can guard Dirk.

Thompson
01-10-2010, 12:40 AM
I know he's not the savior or anything, but I would sure like to see them give Ian a shot in these situations. I can't see what the harm would be.

DJB
01-10-2010, 12:42 AM

Fail.

ffadicted
01-10-2010, 01:19 AM
Spurs fans need to get over Camby, seriously it's getting so old. It didn't happen and it's not gonna happen, and even if it did, it would solve nothing. We have all the tools we need, they just gotta start to play like it.

Sean Cagney
01-10-2010, 02:55 AM
Spurs fans need to get over Camby, seriously it's getting so old. It didn't happen and it's not gonna happen, and even if it did, it would solve nothing. We have all the tools we need, they just gotta start to play like it.

AMEN! It is all here, the talent and all, no trades just gelling and playing focused with some heart! Thats all they need.

duhoh
01-10-2010, 03:12 AM
yeah like another old guy would help us significantly?

ChumpDumper
01-10-2010, 04:09 AM
Has Justin ever posted about any other subject?

lennyalderette
01-10-2010, 05:26 AM
yeah like another old guy would help us significantly?

i think our philosophy here in s.a is we get as many old farts as possible & try to equal one good center in their prime maybe theyll morph one day.

:hat

duhoh
01-12-2010, 03:05 PM
i think our philosophy here in s.a is we get as many old farts as possible & try to equal one good center in their prime maybe theyll morph one day.

:hat

true :lol