PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our beloved Mavs tonight

Ghazi
01-09-2010, 02:02 AM
So proud of our team... but this particular win is no big deal, just beating a sack of shit declining team we're supposed to beat.

We have to give this team a lot of credit for the heart, wherewithal, and swagger they've displayed this ear.

timvp
01-09-2010, 02:07 AM
Keep your ear to the tracks. You play to win the game.

DAF86
01-09-2010, 02:10 AM
I bet you the Spurs will win the championship this ear.

mavs>spurs2
01-09-2010, 02:11 AM
fuck yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

get on aim broseph

mavs>spurs2
01-09-2010, 02:11 AM
fuck yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

get on aim broseph

timvp
01-09-2010, 02:13 AM
The Mavs are who we thought they were. AIM still exists?

mavs>spurs2
01-09-2010, 02:28 AM

spur killers?

timvp
01-09-2010, 02:29 AM
spur killers?

Yes. ASL?

mavs>spurs2
01-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Yes. ASL?

28/m/SA. my wife is over 40 though

timvp
01-09-2010, 02:39 AM
28/m/SA. my wife is over 40 though

you sound like a fan who's team never won a championship.

mavs>spurs2
01-09-2010, 02:41 AM
you sound like a fan who's team never won a championship.

You sound like Bruce "no one likes me" Bowen. You know, I can almost understand coattailing my teams accomplishments to feel better about myself like I actually accomplished something in a sad, loserish sort of way. But stealing your own players smack to use on spurstalk? I thought you were better than that brah.

LOL@MavsFan
01-09-2010, 02:42 AM
Jan 8th 2010 CHAMPS! :lobt2::lmao

LOL@MavsFan
01-09-2010, 02:43 AM
All shit talking aside, Mavs didnt give up and won....good for them.

dirk4mvp
01-09-2010, 02:44 AM
All shit talking aside, Mavs didnt give up and won....good for them.

You better not bring that weak shit in here.

LOL@MavsFan
01-09-2010, 02:45 AM
I bet you the Spurs will win the championship this ear.

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/g/gr/greyman/873631_ear.jpg

Ear after ear this rivalry gets better

timvp
01-09-2010, 02:46 AM
You sound like Bruce "no one likes me" Bowen. You know, I can almost understand coattailing my teams accomplishments to feel better about myself like I actually accomplished something in a sad, loserish sort of way. But stealing your own players smack to use on spurstalk? I thought you were better than that brah.

:lmao Hopefully that was shtick. If so, that was golden.

LOL@MavsFan
01-09-2010, 02:46 AM
You better not bring that weak shit in here.

Go Memphis Mavs or Indianapolis Mavs or Duke Bluemavs:lmao

Cheers:toast

dirk4mvp
01-09-2010, 02:47 AM
Go Memphis Mavs or Indianapolis Mavs or Duke Bluemavs:lmao

Cheers:toast
hi

mavs>spurs2
01-09-2010, 02:48 AM
:lmao Hopefully that was shtick. If so, that was golden.

:toast, to you and your wifey for this wonderful place we call spurstalk

Blake
01-09-2010, 02:49 AM

does AOL even exist?

LOL@MavsFan
01-09-2010, 02:50 AM
hi

Salutations haha

4-1:lol

sribb43
01-09-2010, 02:52 AM
The ownage continues

LOL@MavsFan
01-09-2010, 02:58 AM
Yep....it continues yet nothing but a 2006 West Finals Champs banner to show for it......

LOL

mystargtr34
01-09-2010, 03:04 AM
Another trophy to add to the Mavs cabinet...

Shit is filling up..

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-09-2010, 03:13 AM
"our beloved Mavs" is the lamest phrase on ST. Can't you come up with anything less ghey?

mavs>spurs2
01-09-2010, 03:15 AM
"our beloved Mavs" is the lamest phrase on ST. Can't you come up with anything less ghey?

ironically said by spurstalk's lamest poster

duhoh
01-09-2010, 03:33 AM
timmy was throwin down though. was not expecting that at all

endrity
01-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Tim is playing great this, absolutely amazing, but that should worry the Spurs a bit. Does he have the stamina to keep doing this all season long and in the playoffs? I know that Pop monitors his minutes a lot, but Duncan did the same last season as well.

Muser
01-09-2010, 08:18 AM
42 points in one quarter,...:lmao

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Timmy D was amazing as usual, but Respect to the Mavs. They deserved the win and they ARE the better TEAM. That was sooooo painful :(

Ice009
01-09-2010, 02:21 PM

LOL that is pure gold from Ruff to point that out. Anyone reading that thread title I am sure the word gay has popped into their mind ;).

If you guys want people to not call you faggots then you should think about the way you word stuff.

Ice009
01-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Tim is playing great this, absolutely amazing, but that should worry the Spurs a bit. Does he have the stamina to keep doing this all season long and in the playoffs? I know that Pop monitors his minutes a lot, but Duncan did the same last season as well.

I'll give Dirk some props too. When Dirk is on I might actually like watching him more than Kobe. It's more impressive to me seeing a 7 foot guy knock down insanely tough shots that it is a guard.

ffadicted
01-09-2010, 02:26 PM
I hope we meet in the playoffs

endrity
01-09-2010, 02:44 PM
I hope we meet... in the WCF after you take care of the Lakers. Somehow I still the Spurs are the only team in the west that is not intimidated by them. Very much like the Mavs were the only team in the west that knew they could beat the Spurs during their peak whereas everyone else expected to lose against them, I think the Spurs believe that too in regards to the Lakers. And if Duncan is healthy, maybe, just maybe, they can give that Laker frontline some problems it can't handle. Mabe!

Fpoonsie
01-09-2010, 02:51 PM

Uhhh...I don't. Fuck "revenge", fuck "beating the best to be the best", all I care about is putting up as many banners as the Spurs can while Timmy's still peaking. You don't lose 'Chip points for beating weaker teams on your way to the title.

iggypop123
01-09-2010, 02:53 PM
i hope you guys meet in the first round more than likely as the 4 5 matchup so then the loser has the lol threads 1 and out

BadOdor
01-09-2010, 02:54 PM

Son you forgot to put "don't" in there. We all know the mavs own that spur ass. Nothing to see here folks, just a good team owning a not so good team here. lol spurs.

DPG21920
01-09-2010, 03:33 PM

Findog
01-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Another trophy to add to the Mavs cabinet...

Shit is filling up..

It's just another routine win for us, ho hum. Just like beating the Sixers, Bucks or Pacers.

mavsfan1000
01-09-2010, 03:56 PM
I hope we meet... in the WCF after you take care of the Lakers. Somehow I still the Spurs are the only team in the west that is not intimidated by them. Very much like the Mavs were the only team in the west that knew they could beat the Spurs during their peak whereas everyone else expected to lose against them, I think the Spurs believe that too in regards to the Lakers. And if Duncan is healthy, maybe, just maybe, they can give that Laker frontline some problems it can't handle. Mabe!
The spurs are good but this is not 2006. No one is intimidated by the spurs anymore.

endrity
01-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Yes, I said during their peak, not anymore. My point is that I think they are one of the few teams that is not intimidated by the Lakers, probably the only one in the west. I honestly don't think Mavs or Nuggets have much of a chance against the Lakers in the playoffs.

Spursmania
01-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Uhhh...I don't. Fuck "revenge", fuck "beating the best to be the best", all I care about is putting up as many banners as the Spurs can while Timmy's still peaking. You don't lose 'Chip points for beating weaker teams on your way to the title.

Exactly, at this point the Mavs are what Portland is to the Lakers. I don't want any of that. Who cares about revenge. I think most of us know they won't win any Championships, but I think we can as long as we don't have to go through the Mavs.

Mavs play Spurs like they are World Champions. lol...

dirk4mvp
01-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Exactly, at this point the Mavs are what Portland is to the Lakers. I don't want any of that. Who cares about revenge. I think most of us know they won't win any Championships, but I think we can as long as we don't have to go through the Mavs.

How do you know this? Can you tell me who's winning the superbowl?

djohn2oo8
01-09-2010, 05:04 PM
i hope you guys meet in the first round more than likely as the 4 5 matchup so then the loser has the lol threads 1 and out

If they meet in the playoffs at all, the number of LOL and LMAO threads will be extraordinary

Spursmania
01-09-2010, 05:04 PM
The spurs are good but this is not 2006. No one is intimidated by the spurs anymore.

The Mavs play Spurs great. No doubt. But their weak as shit against other teams we can handle. They were built to beat the Spurs and that's it.
Lakers will beat that ass. GMAFB...

Just saying and I'm not trying to be homerish, but Mavs have absolutely nothing to hang their hats on except for the fact that they have the Spurs number. That's it.

Muser
01-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Spurs fans please don't talk shit about the Mavs, it makes you look really retarded.

Spursmania
01-09-2010, 05:06 PM
How do you know this? Can you tell me who's winning the superbowl?

History. No. Also, just mho.

BUMP
01-09-2010, 05:08 PM
The Mavs play Spurs great. No doubt. But their weak as shit against other teams we can handle. They were built to beat the Spurs and that's it.
Lakers will beat that ass. GMAFB...

Just saying and I'm not trying to be homerish, but Mavs have absolutely nothing to hang their hats on except for the fact that they have the Spurs number. That's it.

Name those teams please.

dirk4mvp
01-09-2010, 05:13 PM
History. No. Also, just mho.

How does history have anything to do what's gonna happen in the future?

Spursmania
01-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Name those teams please.

Right now, we suck and can't beat anyone above .500. But come playoff time, I have confidence that the Spurs will play exceedingly better than they are now.

And, I was wrong in using present tense, since we haven't beaten anyone above .500.

Spursmania
01-09-2010, 05:16 PM
How does history have anything to do what's gonna happen in the future?

Sports has a lot to do with your psyche and confidence. Mavs seem to have a lot of confidence against us, but can you name any other contender that the Mavs own? I can't.

BUMP
01-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Right now, we suck and can't beat anyone above .500. But come playoff time, I have confidence that the Spurs will play exceedingly better than they are now.

And, I was wrong in using present tense, since we haven't beaten anyone above .500.

I think you did, as you just beat Miami. I think its all about matchups. I think San Antonio matches up pretty well with LA, Dallas matches up well with SA, and LA matches up well with Dallas (or almost anybody for that matter)

dirk4mvp
01-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Sports has a lot to do with your psyche and confidence. Mavs seem to have a lot of confidence against us, but can you name any other contender that the Mavs own? I can't.

:lol you're implying the Spurs are a contender in the first place.

Spursmania
01-09-2010, 05:21 PM
I think you did, as you just beat Miami. I think its all about matchups. I think San Antonio matches up pretty well with LA, Dallas matches up well with SA, and LA matches up well with Dallas (or almost anybody for that matter)

Honestly, you guys play us great. And, right now there is no room for Spur fans to be cocky at all. If I was Dallas, I would want to play us first round also.

Spursmania
01-09-2010, 05:22 PM
:lol you're implying the Spurs are a contender in the first place.

How do you mean? Do you think they will not make the playoffs?

BUMP
01-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Honestly, you guys play us great. And, right now there is no room for Spur fans to be cocky at all. If I was Dallas, I would want to play us first round also.

:lol

Actually I'd want LA in the first round somehow because the road goes through them anyway, but there's no way that would happen because we won't get the 8th seed

DPG21920
01-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Mavs were rebuilt to beat the Spurs. At the time the Spurs were the best team in the league, so not only did the rebuilding to beat the Spurs make sense on a personal level, it was something they had to do if they wanted any shot at a title.

But from watching the first 3 match ups this year, I have to say I feel the Spurs moves were good enough to beat the Mavs as things stand. It won't be easy by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel that taking into consideration both teams moves, the Spurs are on equal ground with the Mavs.

dirk4mvp
01-09-2010, 05:24 PM
How do you mean? Do you think they will not make the playoffs?

Not all teams that make the playoffs are contenders bro.

Besides there are only 3 contenders right now anyway - LA, Cleveland, and Boston.

Spursmania
01-09-2010, 05:26 PM

Besides there are only 3 contenders right now anyway - LA, Cleveland, and Boston.

That's true. I'm just used to always including us, but reality is, I guess we aren't right now.:(

DAF86
01-09-2010, 05:28 PM

Half the teams in the NBA > Boston right now.

endrity
01-09-2010, 05:32 PM
It's hard to say how we match up with the eastern contenders, we don't play them often, and the games have hardly any added meaning, so I don't know how we match up with them when the going gets tough. The Lakers own us, that's a fact. I think we could give the Cavs a tough series, and with the way the Celtics are banged up they don't seem too frightening. We've played Orlando really well always, Howard doesn't do that much damage, and the Mavs stay on their shooters. Atlanta is the harder match up, they're too athletic for the Mavs, but the Hawks will not make it to the Finals anyway.

crc21209
01-09-2010, 05:40 PM
So proud of our team... but this particular win is no big deal, just beating a sack of shit declining team we're supposed to beat.

We have to give this team a lot of credit for the heart, wherewithal, and swagger they've displayed this ear.

Beloved Mavs? :lol Gaaaayyyy....

badfish22
01-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Mavs play Spurs like they are World Champions. lol...

God I hate when pussy hurt fans say things like this. "No the other team just tries really hard against us!" :rolleyes please.

Spursmania
01-09-2010, 08:55 PM
God I hate when pussy hurt fans say things like this. "No the other team just tries really hard against us!" :rolleyes please.

What? You're quoting yourself because I never said that. You're not even understanding my post, lol...:lol

Your upset because imo, the Mavs play like world Champions when they play against us. That's a compliment dummy.

daslicer
01-09-2010, 10:13 PM

Mavs are just a bad matchup for the spurs much like the warriors were your bad matchup in '07. They tended to play great against the Mavs but sucked ass against everybody else which was proven by how Utah man handled them in the next series. Fact is the Mavs are a garbage team when they don't play the spurs. They haven't beaten anybody in the playoffs besides the spurs in the last 3 years. I think the Mavs could be taken out early in the playoffs if they don't play the spurs.

dirk4mvp
01-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Fact is the Mavs are a garbage team when they don't play the spurs.

How are they in 2nd place then?

daslicer
01-09-2010, 10:23 PM
How are they in 2nd place then?

The rankings in the west 2-7 are very close a few wins and few losses can change the seedings very easily. Right now it doesn't really mean anything but if the Mavs are still number 2 in april I will be impressed.

dirk4mvp
01-09-2010, 10:37 PM
The rankings in the west 2-7 are very close a few wins and few losses can change the seedings very easily. Right now it doesn't really mean anything but if the Mavs are still number 2 in april I will be impressed.

You said the Mavs were garbage unless they play the Spurs. Pick a lane.

Shastafarian
01-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Whew, it's a good thing the Mavs won their championship last night.

Ghazi
01-09-2010, 10:43 PM
the only people who say the mavs consider beating the spurs as good as a title are spurs fans to try and make themselves feel better about how their team has faded into irrelevancy.

daslicer
01-09-2010, 11:13 PM
You said the Mavs were garbage unless they play the Spurs. Pick a lane.

Well I will stick to it they are garbage and like I said they will slip out of second place very soon and drop down a few more notches. My bold prediction is Mavs won't beat anybody in the playoffs unless they get the lucky draw of playing the spurs again in the first round.

daslicer
01-09-2010, 11:20 PM
the only people who say the mavs consider beating the spurs as good as a title are spurs fans to try and make themselves feel better about how their team has faded into irrelevancy.

You could be right about the spurs fading away into irrelevancy but if thats the case your team has pretty much been irrelevant since their 2006 finals meltdown. The mavs haven't done shit in the last few years that is even worth mentioning. They slipped off being an elite team after '06 and despite beating the spurs they were pure garbage when they played the Nuggets in the next round. In '08 they got raped by Nawlins and in '07 they got embarassed by the Warriors. I think spurs fans are frustrated that a shit mediocre team like the Mavs gives their team serious match problems but tends to get bitch slapped around with ease by every other playoff team in the west.

Shastafarian
01-09-2010, 11:24 PM

The Mavs don't consider beating the spurs as good as a title. It's just the only accomplishment they boast. They can beat a team that has won titles. I guess they might be able to beat the Heat as well...

Ice009
01-09-2010, 11:28 PM
That's true. I'm just used to always including us, but reality is, I guess we aren't right now.:(

We're the 7th or 8th best team in the West now. I'm not going to say we're any higher at all. We got to beat the .500 teams before I will start putting us up higher again. We will be a lot better, but until we win those games and prove it we're 7th or 8th best.

TP and Manu both need to get their heads out of their asses and play better. They are two of the biggest problems with awfully inconsistent play against .500 teams.

Ice009
01-09-2010, 11:31 PM

Actually just the opposite of that. Teams are still coming out and giving the Spurs their best shots. Everyone wants to beat the Spurs and they usually bring it up another level when they play the Spurs. I'd say the Spurs are still getting a better shot from the other team than the Mavs get on a nightly basis.

BadOdor
01-10-2010, 02:34 AM
Actually just the opposite of that. Teams are still coming out and giving the Spurs their best shots. Everyone wants to beat the Spurs and they usually bring it up another level when they play the Spurs. I'd say the Spurs are still getting a better shot from the other team than the Mavs get on a nightly basis.

Spur fan is sure coming up with more creative excuses, I'll give him that. It used to be "but, but, we got owned 4-1 by the lakres because manu was injuuuuuuured" Then "but, but, we got owned by the mavs 4-1 because manu/duncan were injuuuuuuuured". Now it's "but, but, we are losing because everyone tries haaaaaaaaarder against us"

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-10-2010, 04:21 AM

LOL that is pure gold from Ruff to point that out. Anyone reading that thread title I am sure the word gay has popped into their mind ;).

If you guys want people to not call you faggots then you should think about the way you word stuff.

Beloved Mavs? :lol Gaaaayyyy....

I'm just speaking for the masses, mavs>spurs. :lmao

As for all the smack talking, the Mavs are better than I thought they'd be this year, and they give us fits. However, we're only halfway to the team we will be after the ASB, so I'm not pissing myself yet. Let's wait and see who peaks at the right time and let the cards fall as they may. :hat

lennyalderette
01-10-2010, 05:40 AM
are there mav threads during the playoffs or does that disappear every year also? id love to see where you shit talkers are during the playoffs!!!!! yes you beat us last year, but you also got beat the next round yourself. see you guys next time, hopefully all the inevitable statistics, wont come into play this year for the maverick organization. you guys have the same core that choked all these years, what makes you think this year is any different?