PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning wins NFL record fourth MVP award

J.T.
01-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Supposed to be announced tomorrow but the Indy Star broke the news early (plus there's like 10 images on the Yahoo Sports NFL section front page with "Manning wins AP NFL Most Valuable Player Award" as the caption).

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning has won his record-setting fourth NFL Most Valuable Player award.

Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star reports that Manning finished first in MVP voting by the 50-member Associated Press panel that chooses the award.

Manning also won the award in 2003 (sharing it with Steve McNair), 2004, and 2008. Brett Favre is the only other player to win the award three times. Five players -- Jim Brown, Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, Kurt Warner and Steve Young -- have won it twice.

Manning had a career-high 68.8 percent completion rate, with 4,500 passing yards and 33 touchdowns.

samikeyp
01-09-2010, 11:18 AM
:toast

J.T.
01-09-2010, 11:18 AM
MVP voting (out of 50):

Manning 39.5
Brees 7.5
Rivers 2
Favre 1

Warlord23
01-09-2010, 01:47 PM
well deserved IMO. Although I'd vote for Chris Johnson myself

J.T.
01-09-2010, 01:51 PM
well deserved IMO. Although I'd vote for Chris Johnson myself

Johnson as Offensive Player of the Year for sure. Gotta make the playoffs to win MVP though. No MVP in the history of the award has failed to qualify for the playoffs.

Kai
01-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Johnson as Offensive Player of the Year for sure. Gotta make the playoffs to win MVP though. No MVP in the history of the award has failed to qualify for the playoffs.

didn't Barry Sanders win MVP with a losing record?

samikeyp
01-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Lions were 9-7 and lost in the first round.

J.T.
01-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Do anybody got payton address I got to go get my award

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

lefty
01-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Well deserved

dirk4mvp
01-09-2010, 03:06 PM
MVP voting (out of 50):

Manning 39.5
Brees 7.5
Rivers 2
Favre 1

Rivers should've been 2nd.

J.T.
01-09-2010, 03:09 PM
I gots to give some prahps to the Cowboys defense for fucking Drew Breesus's world up on that last drive in the Superdome because it cost him about 32 MVP votes. :tu

san antonio spurs
01-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Receiving the MVP nowadays is the kiss of death. No superbowl for Manning now for sure.

SpuronyourFace
01-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Well deservered by Manning. No debate for Johnson and Brees. Manning was/is damn near unstoppable this season.

J.T.
01-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Receiving the MVP nowadays is the kiss of death. No superbowl for Manning now for sure.

Yeah and only 1 of the last 8 Heisman winners had won the BCS championship before Thursday. Fuck yourself.

san antonio spurs
01-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah and only 1 of the last 8 Heisman winners had won the BCS championship before Thursday. Fuck yourself.

If you reach the Superbowl, are you planning on injuring the other team's QB?
Maybe that would do.:lol

J.T.
01-09-2010, 03:36 PM

I don't think any NFL QBs would get injured on a QB keeper on the first drive but if it happens to a team the Colts play, they still have to play the game out.

DPG21920
01-09-2010, 03:39 PM
I agree with Dirk4MVP, Rivers>Breezeeeee

samikeyp
01-09-2010, 04:14 PM

J.T.'s going to the Super Bowl? Cool....pick me up a program. :tu

BTW, J.T. will be too busy drinking with honeys on South Beach to seek out the other teams' QB. :toast
:lol

Saul Silver
01-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Pick me up some of that fine Florida shisha bro! :smokin

SpursFanFirst
01-09-2010, 05:40 PM
:clap Congrats to Peyton! He definitely deserved it.

Blake
01-09-2010, 05:59 PM
I would have voted for Reggie Wayne

ducks
01-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Peyton Manning threw more interceptions than any of the other QBs and had a worse QB rating...wtf...no way that Manning should be MVP at all....it should be Favre or Rivers for sure....Favre changed the landscape for Minnesota and Rivers helped win 11 straight games to enter the playoffs as the "hot" team. NFL needs to get its head out of this poster boys @zz.

ducks
01-09-2010, 06:03 PM
as benjamin said

Wow Manning wins the MVP, The award states Most Valuable Player not Most popular. Manning had a great year, yes. But to say johnson or Farve doesnt deserve it is riduclous. Brett Favre changed the way the vikings play. When they throw the ball the Vikings win. Farve threw just as many TDs as Peyton and 9 less interceptions. Peyton got it because people cry he had no receivers. "If you play in the NFL Your the Best in the world!" Im not saying Peyton doesnt deserve, but the award should have gone to Farve or Chris Johnson "2,000 yards is amazing." Congrades Peyton but you shouldnt have gotten it, not by that margin.....Rivers had a great year too and so did Rodgers! Manning is popular and people give it to him based on his name and his stats from the past. Whoever said that about Chicago was a horrible team the year they won the superbowl, was correct. It just pisses me off when "Mr. Popular" gets over the best players and there stats are better.

stats from last year should not count

he could have won it but not by a landmark
I mean 7 comebacks mean you sucked earlier not that you played like a mvp

samikeyp
01-09-2010, 06:43 PM
as benjamin said

stats from last year should not count

he could have won it but not by a landmark
I mean 7 comebacks mean you sucked earlier not that you played like a mvp

A landslide maybe?

Dumbass.

stretch
01-09-2010, 07:25 PM
field presence is why he won it

people are scared shitless of manning, in a way that they arent scared of favre, brees or johnson. he made arguably the best coach in NFL history make what normally would seem like a fucking retarded decision (that really was arguable in this situation simply because its Peyton Manning that we are talking about, not any ordinary QB)

mannings field presence makes them a superbowl contender every year. you cant say they same about johnson, brees, or favre, which is what sets him apart from the rest of the league (except Brady when healthy)

LOL texans
01-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Congrats to Manning.

The MVP is more than just stats, which Manning has loads of. Obviously stats are a requirement, but its also the intangibles that one brings to the table. If you watched him play this year, you know what Im talking about.

Manning was the only choice this year.

san antonio spurs
01-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Congrats to Manning.

The MVP is more than just stats, which Manning has loads of. Obviously stats are a requirement, but its also the intangibles that one brings to the table. If you watched him play this year, you know what Im talking about.

Manning was the only choice this year.
I don't like Manning but He deserves the MVP. Watching that team for the past decade, he's been the only constant.
Congrats Peyton for your regular season award:toast

Sigz
01-09-2010, 09:29 PM
who gives a fuck.

eyeh8u
01-09-2010, 10:34 PM
who gives a fuck.

becky does

J.T.
01-10-2010, 01:41 AM
This thread wouldn't be complete without ducks scoffing Manning in favor or Rivers' higher passer rating. Bravo. :tu

symple19
01-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Well deserved. Congrats to PM

Cry Havoc
01-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Without Manning, the Colts probably struggle to win 5 or 6 games this year. He's that big of a difference maker.

ducks
01-10-2010, 03:20 PM
without rivers
chargers win 4 games most

without brees the saints win 4 games

ducks
01-10-2010, 03:21 PM
This thread wouldn't be complete without ducks scoffing Manning in favor or Rivers' higher passer rating. Bravo. :tu

the rating has a impact on mannings INTS
which MATTER
he throws the ints
then comes back and wins the game because he put the team in a hole
and writers think it is COOL

J.T.
01-10-2010, 04:24 PM
ducks, Rivers had no shot at MVP. Get over it.

samikeyp
01-10-2010, 04:38 PM
the rating has a impact on mannings INTS
which MATTER
he throws the ints
then comes back and wins the game because he put the team in a hole
and writers think it is COOL

Isn't winning what is most important?

Spursfan092120
01-10-2010, 04:55 PM
The only option for MVP...no one was even close.

J.T.
01-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Stats from the seven 4th quarter comeback games:

169-241 70% completions 2,131 yards 15TD 8INT

Kindly suck a dick, ducks.

Cry Havoc
01-10-2010, 09:51 PM
without rivers
chargers win 4 games most

without brees the saints win 4 games

Ridiculous. Without either of those QBs, they still have ridiculously talented teams on the field.

Kyle Orton
01-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Ridiculous. Without either of those QBs, they still have ridiculously talented teams on the field.
So do the Colts.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-10-2010, 09:58 PM
I guess since passer rating is all that matters, Chad Pennington is a top 12 QB of all time!

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-10-2010, 10:46 PM
:lol at that guy thinking Rivers deserves MVP over Peyton....

We all saw how valubale Peyton was when he was pulled and Painter was put into the Jets game with the lead.

MVP=Manning

ducks
01-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Isn't winning what is most important?

rivers is winning has less turnovers
drew is winning

Sigz
01-10-2010, 11:47 PM
shut the fuck up ducks, you flaming faggot. Stick a dick in it and shut the fuck up about your gay ass phyliss rivers bitch.

J.T.
01-10-2010, 11:51 PM
lol syphilis rivers

Cry Havoc
01-11-2010, 01:45 AM
So do the Colts.

Really? Who's their best running back? Could their #3 receiver start on any other team in the league if he didn't have Manning throwing to him?

But yeah, that defense is good. Oh wait, it's not, never mind.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-11-2010, 02:49 AM
Rivers did get pimped. He essentially had the same type of season Manning did last year when Peyton won the MVP. Rivers probably should have gotten a few more votes as he's just as valuable to SD as Manning is to the Colts.

Manning is the best player in the NFL, though, and will continue to get the majority of votes/love even when other players have better statistical years.

BanditHiro
01-11-2010, 03:27 AM
Well Deserved led his team to 14 straight wins and 7 come from behind victories and put up the stats for people who only look at numbers

Blake
01-11-2010, 03:59 AM
field presence is why he won it

people are scared shitless of manning, in a way that they arent scared of favre, brees or johnson. he made arguably the best coach in NFL history make what normally would seem like a fucking retarded decision (that really was arguable in this situation simply because its Peyton Manning that we are talking about, not any ordinary QB)

you mean the voters are also scared shitless of manning's field presence?

mannings field presence makes them a superbowl contender every year. you cant say they same about johnson, brees, or favre, which is what sets him apart from the rest of the league (except Brady when healthy)

Rothlesberger?

Kyle Orton
01-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Really? Who's their best running back? Could their #3 receiver start on any other team in the league if he didn't have Manning throwing to him?

But yeah, that defense is good. Oh wait, it's not, never mind.

Could the Saints or Chargers 3rd receiver start in the UFL? It was just last year the Saints 2nd receiver couldn't even get in the game because he didn't know where to line up.

And you are talking about the 8th ranked scoring defense Colts aren't you? The one that's higher than the Saints and Chargers? That one? Oh, ok.

Stick to the club, where you kind of have an idea about what you're talking about.

01-11-2010, 01:56 PM
I just wanted to compare first and second half splits(1st 8 games, 2nd 8 games) between Rivers and Manning, who were both deserving:

Rivers:

60.6% Comp
14TDs, 6 INTs
8.19 YPA
5.1 TD%
2.2 INT%

94.62 QB Rating for the his 1st 8 games

71.2% Comp
14 TDs, 3 INTs
9.48 YPA
6.6 TD%
1.4 INT%

117.04 QB rating for his 2nd 8 games

Manning:

70.6% Comp
17 TDs, 5 INTs
8.13 YPA
5.4 TD%
1.6 INT%

106.25 QB Rating for his 1st 8 games

66.7% Comp
16 TDs, 11 INTs
7.58 YPA
6.2 TD%
4.3 INT%

92.12 QB rating for his 2nd 8 games

Both had equally bad running games(3.3 YPC for SD, 3.5 YPC for Indy) and comparable defenses throughout the season.

Rivers definitely deserved more consideration than a paltry two votes. It's really unbelievable that he's basically done what Manning has done the last two years and only received 4 total votes while Manning has collected a whopping 71.

To put those 4 votes in some context, Chad fucking Pennington has received the same number of votes during the same time frame.

J.T.
01-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Maybe he should do some commercials and get a little more exposure than having LL Cool J do it for him.

01-11-2010, 02:08 PM
There's nothing more he really can do as a player. Maybe his only shot is throwing his ugly mug on a NY building like Oregon did for Harrington.

symple19
01-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Rivers performance definitely warranted more than 4 total votes, but Peyton basically coaches the Colts. If you look up 'intangibles' in the dictionary there's a picture of PM. I believe this is why you see the votes roll the way they do.

Philip is underrated, no doubt, but strange as this may sound, so is Peyton. I don't think anyone will realize just how good Peyton is until he's done playing.

760Spursfan
01-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Rivers performance definitely warranted more than 4 total votes, but Peyton basically coaches the Colts. If you look up 'intangibles' in the dictionary there's a picture of PM. I believe this is why you see the votes roll the way they do.

Philip is underrated, no doubt, but strange as this may sound, so is Peyton. I don't think anyone will realize just how good Peyton is until he's done playing.

Well said, PM did deserve the MVP he's had a great year and until the chargers go undefeated in the reg season or win the SB Rivers will always be in the shadows of PM and Brady.

BTW symple19 love the chick with the pasties on here tits!

stretch
01-11-2010, 06:28 PM
you mean the voters are also scared shitless of manning's field presence?

:rolleyes

Rothlesberger?

steelers arent even in the playoffs this year, you fucking dumbass

Blake
01-12-2010, 06:25 PM
:rolleyes

steelers arent even in the playoffs this year, you fucking dumbass

no, but Roth has won more super bowls than Manning in less time, dumbfuck.

Sigz
01-12-2010, 07:00 PM
If you look up 'intangibles' in the dictionary there's a picture of PM. I believe this is why you see the votes roll the way they do.

I did not see a picture of PM after looking that word up, dumb ass.

symple19
01-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Well said, PM did deserve the MVP he's had a great year and until the chargers go undefeated in the reg season or win the SB Rivers will always be in the shadows of PM and Brady.

BTW symple19 love the chick with the pasties on here tits!

Thanks man

symple19
01-12-2010, 07:33 PM
I did not see a picture of PM after looking that word up, dumb ass.

If I have anything to say to you, I'll do it in your sad, cankle-riffic, stalker thread.

Stay away from threads where actual discussions go on. These are for grown-ups

LakerHater
01-12-2010, 07:35 PM
This is for Ducks & other haters!!!

http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=3877.gif&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

J.T.
01-12-2010, 11:14 PM
This is for Ducks & other haters!!!

http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=3877.gif&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

:lmao :toast :lmao

BanditHiro
01-14-2010, 01:44 AM
no, but Roth has won more super bowls than Manning in less time, dumbfuck.

Proving it takes Teams not QBs to win Superbowl.

holcs50
01-14-2010, 05:32 AM

Very very well put my fellow giant and spurs fan. Rivers is way underrated because a few reasons-1st people generally dont like his demeanor outside diego 2nd-He always, and always, and i mean always counts on gates, jackson, floyd rofl, to catch the horrible throws he makes :lmao. 3rd-he's got the amazing LT of 2009/10 coming out his backfield along with sproles so he must have a lot of support there. But i mean yea he just isn't that good, o i forgot 4th-his throwing mechanics are so ugly and so unconventional....gross, must mean he sucks.

In reality people who don't know shit need to STFU. And for one of the stupid reasons above you discount his talent....well shit on you for being a lil bitch who doesnt really watch football

Onto peyton, guy is great-amazing-every sick word i could come up....and he completely deserved it this year....BUT if rivers won it, if you watch football you would know he deserves it also. Fuckin tired of the pathetic excuses of why rivers isnt good on here or any other site, fucking watch a game besides your own teams games. If you have then u would shut ur mouth. Rivers and manning this year were close imo. I have no problem w manning winnin but rivers few votes, thats a joke. :nope

symple19
01-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Another reason he (Philip) doesn't get the votes is because he's on the west coast. I know it's the tired old east-coast bias argument, but it rings true all to often. East coasters just don't see him play as often, and Rivers perceived prickly personality probably doesn't help either.

Peyton deserved it. Phil also deserved it, but I think Rivers will get at least one before it's all said and done, assuming the Chargers keep a solid O-line around.

I still find it remarkable how well the Rivers/Manning trade worked out for both teams.

Sigz
01-14-2010, 05:17 PM
If I have anything to say to you, I'll do it in your sad, cankle-riffic, stalker thread.

Stay away from threads where actual discussions go on. These are for grown-ups

This is the NFL forum. A forum for non-fat asses.

Sigz
01-14-2010, 05:21 PM
I still find it remarkable how well the Rivers/Manning trade worked out for both teams.

It's worked out so well for SD, that they have a Super Bowl to show for it.

They've only been one of the most talented teams the past five seasons... And yet, what do they have to show for it? AFC west champion trophies? ROFL