PDA

View Full Version : Al Jefferson / Chris Bosh

alidanis
01-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Stien from espn is claiming Al and Bosh could be packaged out.. I know the Rockets are going hard at Bosh, even considering not including Mac in the potential deal... Yall think we can go after either of theses two?? I would love to see Duncan along side one of these two studs.

Shastafarian
01-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Stien from espn is claiming Al and Bosh could be packaged out.. I know the Rockets are going hard at Bosh, even considering not including Mac in the potential deal... Yall think we can go after either of theses two?? I would love to see Duncan along side one of these two studs.

Nope

Muser
01-09-2010, 01:10 PM
No.

duhoh
01-09-2010, 01:11 PM
yeah i don't see either happening realistically. big al would be nice, but bosh has no place here.

but if either it did happen, :tu

exstatic
01-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Big Al is a worse defender than Bonner. We've got that whole post scoring thing covered already, so I'm not sure what he brings to the table.

If Toronto would bite on RJ and scraps, I'd do it, but I think that's unlikely. I'd want an extension in place for Bosh, too.

murpjf88
01-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Big Al is a worse defender than Bonner. We've got that whole post scoring thing covered already, so I'm not sure what he brings to the table.

If Toronto would bite on RJ and scraps, I'd do it, but I think that's unlikely. I'd want an extension in place for Bosh, too.

Al Jefferson averages 17.8 pts, 9.1 rebounds and 1.1 blocks/game. How is that worse than Bonner?

timtonymanu
01-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Two horrible defenders. We need a defender. No thanks!

01-09-2010, 09:44 PM
uhh i would do whatever it takes to get bosh, including a package of ginobili + blair + splitter + 1st round pick. anything to block the rockets from attaining him. sadly, i would not want to depend on whether or not ginobili can be the ginobili of old or the old ginobili in the playoffs. bosh is going to be a perennial all star and about to enter his prime. if the spurs can get him and win a championship, there is a very high likelihood he would stay with the spurs.

jimo2305
01-10-2010, 05:42 AM
Yall think we can go after either of theses two??

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/kirk_ROFL.gif

be serious..

exstatic
01-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Al Jefferson averages 17.8 pts, 9.1 rebounds and 1.1 blocks/game. How is that worse than Bonner?

If you could READ, you'd see I said "worse defender than Bonner". I also said we had the post scoring thing covered, so those numbers would drop.

Al Jefferson is pretty much what we DON'T need. He's a needy offensive player who doesn't GAF about defense AT ALL. He's a young Drew Gooden. WE DON'T NEED SCORING. This is the highest scoring Spurs squad in well over a decade.

murpjf88
01-10-2010, 03:34 PM
If you could READ, you'd see I said "worse defender than Bonner". I also said we had the post scoring thing covered, so those numbers would drop.

Al Jefferson is pretty much what we DON'T need. He's a needy offensive player who doesn't GAF about defense AT ALL. He's a young Drew Gooden. WE DON'T NEED SCORING. This is the highest scoring Spurs squad in well over a decade.

No, I read you loud and clear. I was merely pointing out that Bonner is averaging only 4.5 rebounds and .3 blocks per/game. Granted, he's only averaging 21.3 minutes a game compared to Jefferson's 33.8, but even if he was playing 40 minutes, he wouldn't come close to those numbers. Bonner's defense is worse than Jefferson's. He's also 4 years younger than Bonner and at age 25, has yet to hit his prime.

01-10-2010, 04:35 PM
i think this is a legitimate question. if the raptors have signaled they are willing to trade bosh, then the spurs need to make an offer. any offer will probably have to include ginobili since they won't want jefferson (or do they?). spurs have some valuable assets to add in as bait such as blair, rights to splitter, and first round picks. bosh is an all star power forward now and will be an all star power forward later. i would much rather rely on him in the playoffs then waiting to see if ginobili will stop his inconsistency.

spurs have enough perimeter depth to cover the loss of ginobili and the increase of power in the front line would overwhelm most teams. chris bosh has all the physical capabilities to play good defense if he wanted to. and he does play defense, just not very good against true centers. duncan can do that.

HarlemHeat37
01-10-2010, 04:38 PM
We really don't have a good enough offer in comparison to other teams in the Bosh sweepstakes..

murpjf88
01-10-2010, 04:56 PM
i think this is a legitimate question. if the raptors have signaled they are willing to trade bosh, then the spurs need to make an offer. any offer will probably have to include ginobili since they won't want jefferson (or do they?). spurs have some valuable assets to add in as bait such as blair, rights to splitter, and first round picks. bosh is an all star power forward now and will be an all star power forward later. i would much rather rely on him in the playoffs then waiting to see if ginobili will stop his inconsistency.

spurs have enough perimeter depth to cover the loss of ginobili and the increase of power in the front line would overwhelm most teams. chris bosh has all the physical capabilities to play good defense if he wanted to. and he does play defense, just not very good against true centers. duncan can do that.

Toronto will most likely not want a player like Ginobili. The entire league has eyes. Ginobili's game has deteriorated over the last couple of years and its no secret. I'm sure Toronto wants younger players who have more of an upside. I'm hesitant to give up Blair because he's raw and has the potential to be very good. If the Lakers are seriously shopping Bynum, the race for Bosh is between L.A and houston. We just don't have the assets.

01-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Toronto will most likely not want a player like Ginobili. The entire league has eyes. Ginobili's game has deteriorated over the last couple of years and its no secret. I'm sure Toronto wants younger players who have more of an upside. I'm hesitant to give up Blair because he's raw and has the potential to be very good. If the Lakers are seriously shopping Bynum, the race for Bosh is between L.A and houston. We just don't have the assets.
spurs need to include ginobili because he has an expiring $10 million contract. raptors won't be taking the deal for ginobili, but for his contract since it has to match bosh's. also, no way the raptors would do bosh for bynum straight up.

as for the rockets, i can't think of a reason why the raptors would want scola, battier, or ariza. ariza is just plain sucking now, scola is getting up there in age, and they have no need for battier. also, none of those contracts are expiring so the raptors would be stuck in mediocre land for a number of years before they can start rebuilding. a trade that makes more sense is tmac + picks/landry for bosh + calderon. by giving up bosh, the raptors are already conceding defeat and should start rebuilding as soon as possible.

DPG21920
01-10-2010, 05:23 PM

I would give up anything to get Bosh outside of Parker/Duncan extension or not. If we got Bosh, at least the Spurs would get his bird rights and have the potential to re-sign him.

AFBlue
01-10-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm of the opinion that the Spurs will do everything possible to keep the big 3 intact through the end of Duncan's contract, including re-signing Ginobili this season and Parker the next.

I'm sure they'll add pieces via trade or free agency where it makes sense, but I seriously doubt they're going to "blow up" the core of this team this season or either of the next two.

With that perspective, I don't think Bosh or Jefferson are realistic options.

jimo2305
01-10-2010, 06:01 PM
well afblue.. i think tihs core will ahve to be broken up within the next couple of years..

Spurs Brazil
01-10-2010, 06:30 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhSuI2JQwQ8jJ4bcbH7DTXK8vLYF?slug=aw-jeffersongranger011010&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Wolves offered Pacers Jefferson for Granger

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
1 hour, 59 minutes ago

Buzz up! 0 PrintMinnesota Timberwolves general manager David Kahn recently offered forward Al Jefferson(notes) to the Indiana Pacers for forward Danny Granger(notes), but was immediately rebuffed, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

While Pacers president Larry Bird remains determined to build around Granger, sources say Kahn has become increasingly dubious on making Jefferson a cornerstone for the Timberwolves.

So far, Kahn has tried to undo almost everything from the Kevin McHale regime, and trading Jefferson would be another significant step in that direction.

After rehabbing from a knee injury he suffered in February, Jefferson is still trying to work himself back to the elite form he showed last season when he had averaged 23.1 points and 11 rebounds. This season, he’s averaging 17.7 points and 9.1 rebounds.

Jefferson, 25, has three years and $42 million left on his contract after this season. Any proposed deal would’ve needed another player or two involved to make the salaries match, but the Pacers had no interest in such a discussion, sources said.

Minnesota also has chemistry issues between Jefferson and forward Kevin Love(notes). “There’s some jealous stuff that’s playing out,” one league source said.

The Pacers, who are tied for the second-worst record in the Eastern Conference, could be dealers before the trade deadline, but league executives believe Indiana has all but ruled out any moves that would include Granger or center Roy Hibbert(notes). After missing a month with a foot injury, Granger returned to the Pacers’ lineup on Friday. He has become one of the league’s best young scorers, averaging 24 points a game.

The Cleveland Cavaliers would like to acquire a power forward who can shoot, and the Pacers’ Troy Murphy(notes) is near the top of their wish list, perhaps trailing only the Washington Wizards’ Antawn Jamison(notes). The Cavs’ front office is still trying to gauge the seriousness of Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld about eventually agreeing to a Jamison deal. While waiting for the Wizards on a move Grunfeld may never make, Cleveland doesn’t want to miss out on Murphy.

Sources close to Jamison and Murphy say both players would welcome a trade to the contending Cavs.

The Cavs likely are willing to part with young forward J.J. Hickson(notes) in a trade for Jamison, but perhaps less apt to do so for Murphy. So far, the Pacers want more than the expiring contract of center Zydrunas Ilgauskas(notes) to make a deal for Murphy, and likely would also require Hickson.

Chieflion
01-10-2010, 06:40 PM
I wanted to post that Jefferson-Granger rejected swap. Pacers reject deal. Granger is the better fit for the Wolves and the Pacers. Kahn looks like he is only going to trade Al Jefferson for a stud wing.

AFBlue
01-10-2010, 06:44 PM
well afblue.. i think tihs core will ahve to be broken up within the next couple of years..

Possibly, but I don't think it would be because the Spurs designed it that way. First and foremost, if Ginobili walks this summer the Spurs won't be in a position cap-wise to sign a replacement. So they would be a weaker team in 2010-11 than they are this year.

Second, the Spurs have a potentially big asset in RJ's contract once it becomes an expiring one next year. In other words, the Spurs can keep the big three through next year and possibly add a more talented piece than RJ if they find a talented player and are willing to take on additional years of a contract.

Bottom line: I think the Spurs will explore all other opportunities to improve over the next couple years before considering a trade for their three biggest pieces.