PDA

View Full Version : What do people think about D Mcguire?

Rob123
01-09-2010, 03:54 PM
I've been saying for two years that D Mcguire is the closest thing potential wise to a Bruce Bowen.

In my opinion, with proper coaching, and the right environment, Mcguire could become a lock down perimeter defender.

The question is, right now, do you guys think he brings anything more to the table than Bogans, now that Bogans has proven he can stroke it from 3?

The Wizards say he's available

Blackjack
01-09-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm the resident McGuire honk and have been a proponent of his since the Marcus Williams selection. His talent is wasting away on a team like the Wiz and a change of scenery, preferably the Spurs, would be exactly what the doctor ordered for his career; to most he's perceived to be an underachiever given his physical talent, but he's a damn good, heady player that can play the role of a stopper if given the opportunity.

He's got great length and athleticism; he brings grit and toughness; he's a highly intelligent basketball player with some potential point-forward capabilities; and the Spurs have a guy named Chip that should be able to help with his jumper.

I see a little more Posey than Bowen, but, yeah, I'm a fan.