PDA

View Full Version : Obama's buck stops with...

Yonivore
01-09-2010, 06:41 PM
...George W. Bush
Analysis: Obama’s buck-stopping goes only so far. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100109/ap_on_an/us_obama_buck_stops_where_analysis)

“He says ‘the buck stops with me,’ but nearly a year into office, President Barack Obama is still blaming a lot of the nation’s troubles — the economy, terrorism, health care — on George W. Bush.”
They forgot to mention that we're two years out from him saying he knew how to fix the problems if only we'd elect him President.

I guess, "Elect me, I'll make everything worse," isn't a very good campaign slogan.

jack sommerset
01-09-2010, 06:50 PM
They forgot to mention that we're two years out from him saying he knew how to fix the problems if only we'd elect him President.

He changed his mind.

George Gervin's Afro
01-09-2010, 06:53 PM
...George W. Bush
Analysis: Obama’s buck-stopping goes only so far. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100109/ap_on_an/us_obama_buck_stops_where_analysis)

I guess, "Elect me, I'll make everything worse," isn't a very good campaign slogan.

I guess we can just call them his wmds..

ChumpDumper
01-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Did Bush ever accept responsibility for anything that went wrong during his administration?

George Gervin's Afro
01-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Did Bush ever accept responsibility for anything that went wrong during his administration?

He did taunt the terrorists while we had troops in harms way.."bring'em on" I think is what he said..

balli
01-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Be fair... after realizing that it might not be such a great pr move to strut around with Brownie in front of a backdrop of floating, black, carcasses, he did step up and eventually fire the man.

And after arguing against the need for a 9/11 commission, all he did was moderately stonewall its efforts, when he could have in fact, just ignored that it existed at all.

And hey, he was willing to throw Albie Gonzalez under the bus. He didn't have to do that.

Give this man credit where it's due.

EVAY
01-10-2010, 10:21 AM
...George W. Bush

The buck never ever stopped with W. Never. The man and his veep were big talkers until it was time for them to take responsibilty for anything that went wrong at all.

spursncowboys
01-10-2010, 02:01 PM

Did he ever blame Clinton?? Did he put the responsibility on someone else?

spursncowboys
01-10-2010, 02:03 PM
He did taunt the terrorists while we had troops in harms way.."bring'em on" I think is what he said..

Did Bush talk to his commanders on the ground? Did he consider the us at war?

balli
01-10-2010, 02:08 PM

Actually, yes. A lot.

He would have made it stick if he could have. Clinton wasn't remotely responsible for W's fuck ups. In fact, had Bush paid attention to what Clinton's people told him, there's a good chance he could have stopped 9/11. Downtime in Crawford was more important to him.

Yonivore
01-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Actually, yes. A lot.
Quotes?

I agree, a lot of people blamed Clinton for a lot of stuff but, I don't recall George W. Bush ever pointing the finger at his predecessor. And, certainly not to this extent Obama -- personally -- has over the past 12 months.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2010, 02:26 PM
You guys never answered the question:

Jacob1983
01-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Not really but Bush is Hitler remember and the worst president ever. Obama is still blaming Bush because he can't handle the heat. Obama preached to us and tried to brainwash into thinking he was all about change and was going to fix all the shit that Bush fucked up. Obama is just like Bush. No change. Just the same old shit.

spursncowboys
01-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Actually, yes. A lot.

He would have made it stick if he could have. Clinton wasn't remotely responsible for W's fuck ups. In fact, had Bush paid attention to what Clinton's people told him, there's a good chance he could have stopped 9/11. Downtime in Crawford was more important to him.
Do you have a quote or link of when Bush blamed Clinton? Clinton allowing the CIA to do their job would have stopped 9-11. When you say Clinton's people, the same people who said Iraq was us's biggest foreign policy problem?

ChumpDumper
01-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Clinton allowing the CIA to do their job would have stopped 9-11.Oh, do explain this fully.

spursncowboys
01-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Oh, do explain this fully.
Google it and don't try and change the subject. I am still wondering when Bush, personally, blamed Clinton for anything.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Google it and don't try and change the subject.:lmao You're the one who brought it up, idiot.

I am still wondering when Bush, personally, blamed Clinton for anything.You never answered the question I asked first.

spursncowboys
01-10-2010, 03:44 PM
:lmao You're the one who brought it up, idiot.

You never answered the question I asked first.
Right I did bring that up but it wasn't the only part of my post. You, like always when you cannot defend the DNC, change the subject. Like what you did here where you want an explanation from one sentence of my op, without contributing anything to the actual op. Troll.

xrayzebra
01-10-2010, 04:05 PM
:lmao You're the one who brought it up, idiot.

You never answered the question I asked first.

Me first, me first. Damn chump when are you going to learn to talk.
And quit being so pouty.

Your one liners aren't very brilliant either. Bush is no longer in office, remember!
Obama, dear leader that he is, is now the leader of the free world.
And he has already accept responsibility so you don't have to make
excuses for him.....:lol

ChumpDumper
01-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Right I did bring that upSo explain yourself.

Or admit you can't.

Then you can move on and finally answer my question about Bush.

Or admit you are afraid to.

boutons_deux
01-10-2010, 04:17 PM
dubya and dickhead and all the other Repug and ST scumbags blamed 9/11 on Clinton. Never once have the assumed ANY responsibility for letting America be attacked 8 months into their watch. There has been no evidence that the dubya and dickhead, Condi, rummy, Tenet did ANYTHING about AQ and terrorism before 9/12. And, as the dumbed-down 9/11 Commission showed, there were many actions available simply left "unactioned". Magic Negro has been a huge disappointment, but it was naive to think he could really change anything when Congress is under the control of corps for the economy, health care, finance, etc. And it looks like scotus will allow even more corruption of elections by money, if an lower court doesn't get there first. The Repug and conservatives gave us the financial deregulation and the serial disasters it has caused, going back to St Ronnie the Diseased. The Repugs gave us a bogus war in Iraq, and couldn't finish neither Iraq nor Aghanistan themselves, so the blame both those piles of shit on Magic Negro. The Repugs had 8 years to "fix" health care, to finish Iraq and Afghanistan, to fix illegal immigration, to deflate the housing/commodities bubble, and they did nothing, kicking all those rusty can into Magic Negro's years.

spursncowboys
01-10-2010, 04:51 PM
So explain yourself.

Or admit you can't.

Then you can move on and finally answer my question about Bush.

Or admit you are afraid to.:lol

ChumpDumper
01-10-2010, 05:03 PM
:lolStill no answer.

spursncowboys
01-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Troll somewhere else. Unless you want to answer the question before yours - When did Bush personally blame his predecessor or anyone for that matter?

ChumpDumper
01-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Troll somewhere else. Unless you want to answer the question before yours - When did Bush personally blame his predecessor or anyone for that matter?See below.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Bush blames Clinton for rising gas prices.

And this is typical of an administration that refuses to accept responsibility. This is amazing. They've been in office for seven years, the price of gasoline has gone up during their period of time.http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0006/23/se.02.html

So the answer to your question is yes.

Now you can answer mine.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Bush puts the blame for the economic meltdown on -- his father.

You know, I'm the President during this period of time, but I think when the history of this period is written, people will realize a lot of the decisions that were made on Wall Street took place over a decade or so, before I arrived in President, during I arrived in President.http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Politics/story?id=6356046&page=1

ChumpDumper
01-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Bush blames Clinton for manufacturing job losses four years after the fact:

In the last six months of the prior administration, more than 200,000 manufacturing jobs were lost. We're turning that around.http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-09-09-bush-economy_x.htm

spursncowboys
01-10-2010, 06:42 PM
The CNN is before he was president and the USA Today is where he is stating numbers. The other one, he starts off with I'm the president but some...
Good try though and I appreciate you not being a troll. what I was talking about clinton is where he, through sandy berger did not allow the CIA to allow the Northern Alliance to take out OBL. There are alot too, like not responding effectively to all the terrorist attacks while Slick Willie was in office.

Yonivore
01-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Gorelick's Wall is the reason the 9-11 hijackers weren't discovered.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2010, 07:05 PM
The CNN is before he was president and the USA Today is where he is stating numbers. The other one, he starts off with I'm the president but some...Disingenuous.

Good try though and I appreciate you not being a troll. what I was talking about clinton is where he, through sandy berger did not allow the CIA to allow the Northern Alliance to take out OBL. There are alot too, like not responding effectively to all the terrorist attacks while Slick Willie was in office.Why would the Northern Alliance need permission to kill someone in their own country.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Gorelick's Wall is the reason the 9-11 hijackers weren't discovered.It wasn't a wall. The agencies conveniently made it a wall to perpetuate their culture of non-cooperation.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Now that we have concrete and linked examples off Bush's blaming Clinton, let's see some concrete and linked examples of Bush accepting responsibility for something that went wrong.

spursncowboys
01-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Now that we have concrete and linked examples off Bush's blaming Clinton, let's see some concrete and linked examples of Bush accepting responsibility for something that went wrong.
It's not concrete.

EVAY
01-10-2010, 08:30 PM

Of course he did!!! He even admitted that the CIA came to his Crawford, Texas ranch in the summer before 9/11 and TOLD him that Al Quaeda was committed to using airplanes to attack the U.S. and Bush told them, "okay, you've covered your ass...you've told me." BUT, did he then do ANYTHING to change the airline or airport security??? NO. He didn't even leave Crawford. Then he wanted to claim that he kept America safe.

So he blamed the very agency that he admitted TOLD him personally that there was a big threat and he DID NOTHING!!!

After Richard Reid's shoe-bomber episode, did Bush ever say The buck stops with me? NO. He didn't make any comment about for 6 days, but now Republicans want to criticise Obama for responding faster than Bush, accepting more responsibilty than Bush, and pretend that nothing happened while Bush was president.

Selective memory must be great for your peace of mind.

balli
01-10-2010, 08:57 PM
It's not concrete.

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss259/RobsessedBLOG/gifs/facepalm.gif

spursncowboys
01-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Of course he did!!! He even admitted that the CIA came to his Crawford, Texas ranch in the summer before 9/11 and TOLD him that Al Quaeda was committed to using airplanes to attack the U.S. and Bush told them, "okay, you've covered your ass...you've told me." BUT, did he then do ANYTHING to change the airline or airport security??? NO. He didn't even leave Crawford. Then he wanted to claim that he kept America safe.

So he blamed the very agency that he admitted TOLD him personally that there was a big threat and he DID NOTHING!!!

After Richard Reid's shoe-bomber episode, did Bush ever say The buck stops with me? NO. He didn't make any comment about for 6 days, but now Republicans want to criticise Obama for responding faster than Bush, accepting more responsibilty than Bush, and pretend that nothing happened while Bush was president.

Selective memory must be great for your peace of mind.
Are you serious? WHat kind of intel is that? AQIZ is going to attack with planes. WTF? That is when Bush should have blamed Clinton. "WHy didn't he do something"? That is the most ridiculous blame attempt I have ever heard. Everyone let Barry blame bush, even after he wanted to increase the defecit more than what he said he inheritted. Now it has been a year, he has had super majorities and he still blames bush?
WHere is the change if he is doing what Bush did?

spursncowboys
01-10-2010, 09:19 PM
http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss259/RobsessedBLOG/gifs/facepalm.gif

Glad to see no one is being wished bad will in your post. GJ

balli
01-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Glad to see no one is being wished bad will in your post. GJ
You're welcome and still in possession of an 85 IQ. If that.

boutons_deux
01-10-2010, 09:58 PM
"Did he ever blame Clinton"

There was a Repug campaign, parroted in this forum, to blame Clinton for 9/11, and also to absolve the criminally negligent Repugs of any responsibility for an attack that was sold as completely unforseeable, unimaginable, unstoppable.

Winehole23
01-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Ironic. The very same government asked us to trust it to foresee, imagine and stop future attacks.

Jacob1983
01-11-2010, 12:24 AM
I thought this thread was about Obama needing to stop blaming Bush for everything. Obama, I get it that you're pissed that Bush let you with a horrible shitty mess to clean up but you wanted to be president. You wanted the power and fame. However, you forgot to realize that being the president isn't always fun or great. You're gonna have to stop bitching about Bush and do your fuckin' job. We all know that Bush was a shitty president and fucked up things in America. We don't need you to tell us that all the time. Get to work!