PDA

View Full Version : Why do Mavs fans talk smack?

Mr.Robinson
01-10-2010, 08:44 AM
:lobt2: Win one of these first.
In 06 they needed the refs to beat the Spurs. I think Dirk was being sent to the line if anyone looked at him. They were 20 seconds away from being eliminated if Manu didn't try to block Dirk. Was that even a foul? Tim was butchered at the end of regulation in game 7 but no call. Why do they feel they own the Spurs? Watch the game in which Tim fouled out. Dirk was sent to the line when Tim jumped away from him. He knew he'd get called for a foul if he played D on that little bitch.
I wont even talk about last season. Manu was injured. They have never won a ring. So they beat the Spurs in a playoff series with the refs doing everything to please Cuban/Stern. They got a taste of the Dirk treatment in Wade and the Heat. The Spurs have won rings, the shitty Mavs choked in 06 and 07. Fuck your choke job team.

Chieflion
01-10-2010, 08:45 AM
This thread is destined to be a target for Mavs fans right from the beginning. Lame.

jag
01-10-2010, 08:49 AM
The Mavs may have choked in 06 and 07, but they certainly didn't choke last year...or Friday night. This thread has "asshurt" written all over it.

Mr.Robinson
01-10-2010, 08:53 AM
The Mavs may have choked in 06 and 07, but they certainly didn't choke last year...or Friday night. This thread has "asshurt" written all over it.

Yes, hurt. I'm tired of them talking shit. It's almost as annoying as Spurs Homers calling the Spurs team of the decade even if the Lakers kicked our ass 4 out 5 series.

easy7
01-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Mav fans talk shit because they can. They did beat the Spurs last Friday and eliminated them last year. Let them have their fun, their team earn it. I am sure many Spur fans here would do the same if the tables were turned. :hat

G-Nob
01-10-2010, 09:27 AM
little man syndrome. they know they have a good team but its just a cute team. built only for regular season success.
I wouldn't throw the four rings thing in their face, though. Its not their fault.

Halle Berry
01-10-2010, 09:51 AM
In 06 they needed the refs to beat the Spurs. I think Dirk was being sent to the line if anyone looked at him. They were 20 seconds away from being eliminated if Manu didn't try to block Dirk. Was that even a foul? Tim was butchered at the end of regulation in game 7 but no call. Why do they feel they own the Spurs? Watch the game in which Tim fouled out. Dirk was sent to the line when Tim jumped away from him. He knew he'd get called for a foul if he played D on that little bitch.
I wont even talk about last season. Manu was injured. They have never won a ring. So they beat the Spurs in a playoff series with the refs doing everything to please Cuban/Stern. They got a taste of the Dirk treatment in Wade and the Heat. The Spurs have won rings, the shitty Mavs choked in 06 and 07. Fuck your choke job team.
If your ruler only counts championships when estimating a team, then of course the Spurs are the better franchise than Mavs and it's also quite undeniable that the silver/black aren't the best whenever confronting the teams with far more championships like the LA Lakers.

I concede it was bad whistle to call a foul when Dirk stepped on Tim's foot and fell apart, but indeed there wasn't any other officiating error you could comfortably take use of as an excuse, or evidence to use prosecuting the refs. The refs was fairly doing a good job in that series and the series also was a feast for fans, of course a rigged series couldn't have been such a great one as it was. Expecting the refs to make no minor error isn't quite different than imagining your wife being nice as Halle Berry, neither contains any practicality.

The Mavs choked confronting Miami Cheat and GS warriors in 06 and 07, which doesn't seem to have any association with the efforts of Spurs IMHO. If you insist to build your joy on the successes of other teams or you just need to lift your nemesis's scab to feel a little bit better, you're welcome to do so.

Mr.Robinson
01-10-2010, 10:04 AM
If your ruler only counts championships when estimating a team, then of course the Spurs are the better franchise than Mavs and it's also quite undeniable that the silver/black aren't the best whenever confronting the teams with far more championships like the LA Lakers.

I concede it was bad whistle to call a foul when Dirk stepped on Tim's foot and fell apart, but indeed there wasn't any other officiating error you could comfortably take use of as an excuse, or evidence to use prosecuting the refs. The refs was fairly doing a good job in that series and the series also was a feast for fans, of course a rigged series couldn't have been such a great one as it was. Expecting the refs to make no minor error isn't quite different than imagining your wife being nice as Halle Berry, neither contains any practicality.

The Mavs choked confronting Miami Cheat and GS warriors in 06 and 07, which doesn't seem to have any association with the efforts of Spurs IMHO. If you insist to build your joy on the successes of other teams or you just need to lift your nemesis's scab to feel a little bit better, you're welcome to do so.

Dirk was sent to the line almost every play he was guarded well.

Muser
01-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Is this a troll...?

Mr.Robinson
01-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Is this a troll...?
I'm Jason Terry.

L.I.T
01-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Yes, hurt. I'm tired of them talking shit. It's almost as annoying as Spurs Homers calling the Spurs team of the decade even if the Lakers kicked our ass 4 out 5 series.

Is this a troll...?

Trollerific

He's going for the trifecta; Lakers, Mavs and Spurs fans in a free for all.

Halle Berry
01-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Dirk was sent to the line almost every play he was guarded well.
Possibly it means your skunks couldn't guard him well without fouling.

Mr.Robinson
01-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Possibly it means your skunks couldn't guard him well without fouling.

He got about 3 freebies a game. That's 6 free throws.

exstatic
01-10-2010, 10:56 AM

Actually, they did choke last year, just not against us. Technically, they've choked every year of their existence.

timvp
01-10-2010, 10:56 AM
No cussing in thread titles

-Kori

duncan228
01-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Confident team, confident fans.

When it comes to Spurs, Mavs have no fear (http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1880527.html)

SAN ANTONIO — This is why the Dallas Mavericks no longer fear the San Antonio Spurs.

Before Friday night’s renewal of the best basketball rivalry the Mavericks have, Rick Carlisle was asked whether Tim Duncan had lost a step. Or even a half-step.

Said the Mavericks’ coach: "I haven’t noticed [a dropoff] at all. My most vivid recollection is the playoffs last year and what he did then. He’s a monster in there. He’s still as great as he ever was and probably has gotten smarter and craftier."

Coach-speak, we thought.

And then the Spurs’ Big Fundamental had 14 points and eight rebounds by halftime and was befuddling the Mavericks like he has so often. By the end, he had 31 and 12, which qualified as huge anyway you slice it.

And the Mavericks won.

That’s why the Mavericks can look the Spurs in the eye and not blink anymore.

Maybe this transformation of being the stronger of the two franchises started in 2006, when the Mavericks finally beat the Spurs in a playoff series. But now it’s indisputable.

Duncan and the Spurs will always have those four rings. The Mavericks may never get any.

But for now, the Mavericks are the dominant team in this rivalry.

— Eddie Sefko

dirk4mvp
01-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Actually, they did choke last year,

Losing to a better team is choking?

Good joke, old man.

lol spurs

poop
01-10-2010, 12:27 PM

great post, spot on.

and yes the '06 series was CERTAINLY tainted, anyone who denies this either didnt watch the games or is a mavs fan. period.
Game 3 was tainted by fixed reffing, 100%.

Dirk shot 20-25 FT a game in that series...name me one jump shooter in nba HISTORY who got sent to the line as much as that. a 7-footer shooting jumpshots getting 20+ FT per game. never happened before or since.
also in game 3 in dallas Duncan was put in foul trouble almost immediately and taken out of the game, only to foul outof the game on the infamous getting-stepped-on-by-dirk travesty (one of the single worst calls ever, also coincidently the only time Duncan has fouled out of a playoff game).

finally, in that game 3 the Mavs shot 50+ freethrows, more than the miami heat shot in any game vs. dallas in the finals, and more than any team has shot in any playoff game since then.

it was pure BS, the nba had an agenda that year and it was to prevent the inevitable spurs-pistons rematch.

jimo2305
01-10-2010, 01:18 PM
heheheh mavs fans..

mavs.. are the greatest franchise to never win anything :lol:

stretch
01-10-2010, 01:24 PM
neat thread

spurs10
01-10-2010, 01:26 PM
I sure hope that the NBA is not all that corrupt because I'm pretty sure that Pop would quit coaching, Tim would quit playing, and most of us would quit watching. However, Dirk's admitted hard foul on Tim in game 7 of 06 was pretty hard to miss or take. It certainly didn't bode well for the Mavs karma did it.
I just hope horribly bad calls are not dirty calls because I've really enjoyed watching the evolution of the Spurs all these years. I don't believe it's over yet. The 4th quarter of the last game notwithstanding, I've seen glimpses of our potential this years. GSG!

Shank
01-10-2010, 01:43 PM
When in doubt, start a thread bagging the Mavs.

Just more of the same from the most insecure fanbase in all of sports.

DPG21920
01-10-2010, 01:57 PM
when in doubt, start a thread lol'ng the spurs.

fify

Findog
01-10-2010, 01:59 PM

Cool story bro. Good luck with all of that...

Shank
01-10-2010, 02:10 PM
fify

They get "lol'd" after head-to-head losses. I've seen very few (rational) Mavs fans randomly starting threads bashing the Spurs. Most are relevant to them matching up recently. This thread is bringing up the same old, rehashed 2006 bullshit that's been read a thousand times before. What purpose does it serve aside from the underlying "4 rings, faggot" nonsense?

Fpoonsie
01-10-2010, 02:12 PM
JEE-zus. [sigh]

Lukor
01-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Is anyone actually taking Spurstalk NBA forum seriously? wow.

jimo2305
01-10-2010, 05:27 PM
lol.. ive seen worse man..

Trainwreck2100
01-10-2010, 08:20 PM
lazy troll thread is lazy

Mr.Robinson
01-11-2010, 12:21 AM
When in doubt, start a thread bagging the Mavs.

Greatest fanbase in sports.

Jacob1983
01-11-2010, 12:30 AM
When is a Spurs fan going to say that they personally have 4 rings?

21_Blessings
01-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Why does Spurs fan talk shit? Try beating Dallas in the playoffs for once or win 15 of these :lobt:

jimo2305
01-11-2010, 02:41 AM
lol lakers gettin' in on this

angelbelow
01-11-2010, 03:42 AM
Why does Spurs fan talk shit? Try beating Dallas in the playoffs for once or win 15 of these :lobt:

lol

mavs>spurs2
01-11-2010, 03:50 AM
Greatest fanbase in sports.

Spur fan are collectively the dumbest fanbase in sports, and bandwagoners to boot. They overrate their own players and see everything through silver and black glasses. They know little about basketball and when confronted on this they always resort to "4 rings, faggot!."

rhyputa
01-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Come on, i bet you'd rather let the Mavs fans enjoy the D-Whistle than yourselves. :rolleyes

Basketballgirl25
01-11-2010, 09:18 AM
All fans talk smack, all in good fun. I'm sure no one truely means what they say on the internet about a team or player. That's why I never care what people say about teams, players, etc. Why would I care what people I don't know say, fun to read, but in the end I forget what they said two seconds later

Muser
01-11-2010, 09:58 AM
It's a shame for the few decent spurs fans on this site.

Mr.Robinson
01-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Spur fan are collectively the dumbest fanbase in sports, and bandwagoners to boot. They overrate their own players and see everything through silver and black glasses. They know little about basketball and when confronted on this they always resort to "4 rings, faggot!."

Mavs fans need to experience a title. Poor guys celebrate in early Jan.

Findog
01-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Mavs fans need to experience a title. Poor guys celebrate in early Jan.

Ok bro. Whatever helps you feel better.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2010, 11:05 AM
:lmao Spurfan and Lakerfan talk about "experiencing a title" as if it's right up there with losing your virginity.

4>0rings
01-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Hook, line, and sinker.

I-Ball
01-11-2010, 11:16 AM
It's a shame for the few decent spurs fans on this site.

true, but i doubt that there only a "few" decent posters.

just by the amount of the spurs-fans on spurstalk there have to be plenty of good ones.

the problem is that the past success brought more bandwagoners to the spurs than to most other fanbases (except the lakers and maybe Celtics/ Cavs). and the stupid ones are always more productive (number of posts) than those who contribute and think before posting.

this problem will be solved when the spurs slide back to mediocrity.

not so sure if you really want to solve the problem fast. :lol

Mr.Robinson
01-11-2010, 03:58 PM

Shame they only have 15. A team that gets everything given to them should have won at least 5-7 more titles.

duhoh
01-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Shame they only have 15. A team that gets everything given to them should have won at least 5-7 more titles.

Shame that you're such a homer. Doesn't matter if it's by an inch or a mile, a win is a win.

You say that LA has had things handed to them, but we had our championship handed to us in 07, especially against Phoenix. If we got Pau Gasol, you wouldn't be all hatin at all.

DAL is a team built to handle the Spurs, just like the way CHA handles LA.

You're logic is full of nonsense. Know your place.

PGDynasty24
01-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Nothing cooler than Mavs vs Spurs fans. As a Lakerfan just sit back and enjoy the show. Mavericks fans dont piss me off,I respect the Spurs for what they have done

ezau
01-11-2010, 11:46 PM
lmao 21_Abortions

Ghazi
01-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Why do people still say shit like Dallas is a team thats built to beat the Spurs?

Shit was true 3 years ago perhaps... but now teams try to build to beat the Lakers... not the Spurs. it just so happens that the Spurs decline allows a few more teams to have a good matchup against them.

antgomez2009
01-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Why do people still say shit like Dallas is a team thats built to beat the Spurs?

Shit was true 3 years ago perhaps... but now teams try to build to beat the Lakers... not the Spurs. it just so happens that the Spurs decline allows a few more teams to have a good matchup against them.

+1, i agree with the Mavericks fan Ghazi!

However, everyone seems to say the decline is substantial, and that Tim/Manu are not what they were years ago! well of course not, injuries that loom and age are factors, but when healthy, they've been playing as efficient as ever! Tim is still as good as Dirk and possibly better this late in his career! Manu is getting back to form, and will def. be a threat!

Aside from all of that, the Spurs and Mavericks are great teams. And both teams have new players that need to get familiar with eachother and the system of that team! The Ceiling for both these teams are high, yet the time to get there is shorter because of the great players that are aging, i.e. Tim Duncan, Manu, Dirk, Kidd!

If the Spurs dont win it this year, i would def. like to see Dallas grab their first title!!:lobt:

Texas Rules, L.A. is Hollywood with a Bunch of Actors, Kholmar/Artest!