PDA

View Full Version : BS ordinance that cost thousands...

Clandestino
04-26-2005, 11:58 AM
this appears to not even do anything really...

Attorneys for the city and local topless bars today officially presented their settlement proposal to U.S. District Judge Fred Biery today, and announced it will be considered by San Antonio city council May 5th.

The settlement, which was first reported by 1200 WOAI news on Friday, will strip strippers of the requirement that they wear badges which include their names and other personal information. Only the photograph and an identifying number will appear on the badge, and the rest of the information will stay on a single computer at the police station which can only be accessed by a single officer each shift.

Mick McKamie, a lawyer for the city, says it's a good compromise.

"When it comes to protecting our citizens, this is the best we've ever had," he said.

The agreement ends an on again, off again two year battle between the city and a handful of gentlemen's clubs and the strippers who work there.

"Today I feel of sense of relief," strip club lawyer Jim Deegear said. "Finally we have some finality."

Among the other provisions, dancers cannot come within three feet of a customer while they are topless. Dancers can still perform 'lap dances' and 'table dances' when they are wearing tops, maintaining what is the leading source of income for most dancers, many of whom have to pay the strip club for the privilege of working.

The new law also requires that all activities in the clubs take place within a clear line of sight of the manager, which will eliminate 'VIP rooms' and other private rooms.

It still requires that strippers, the managers, and the clubs themselves pay an annual fee to the city.

'All nude' dancing will continue to be outlawed.

The city council has passed two separate laws covering sexually oriented businesses in the past 18 months. Today's settlement covers both of them.

Clandestino
04-26-2005, 12:08 PM
cutting down on stalkers maybe

no, bc they didn't have to wear badges before.. that is what the ordinance did...

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-26-2005, 12:55 PM
1Among the other provisions, dancers cannot come within three feet of a customer while they are topless.

2The new law also requires that all activities in the clubs take place within a clear line of sight of the manager, which will eliminate 'VIP rooms' and other private rooms.

3'All nude' dancing will continue to be outlawed.

I have taken the liberty of numbering 3 reasons I don't make it down to San Antonio very often.

How is the city ever going to be recognized as a budding metropolis with rules like that?!!

Jimcs50
04-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Badges? We do not need no stinkin' badges.

Taco
04-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Badges? We do not need no stinkin' badges.
I was waiting for that :lol