PDA

View Full Version : Raising the Bar: My Contribution

Kori Ellis
01-11-2010, 03:09 AM
So... timvp has stepped up his game lately, but what am I doing for the betterment of SpursTalk? To this point, nothing.

People often say, "I'd like to hear what you guys (timvp and I) talk about after the games." Therefore, we decided to let you guys in on it.

From now on, after each Spurs game, timvp and I will do a podcast talking about the game and other things going on around the League.

Also starting next game, we'll set it up on BlogTalkRadio, so that you all can call in with questions or to chat with us live.

Without further ado ...

Ellis Podcast: Episode 1 (http://dailyelements.com/koriellisshow1_0001.wmv)

This isn't meant to be a professional podcast, it's just for fun. So we don't need criticism on sound quality or the such.

Thanks.

timvp
01-11-2010, 03:11 AM
The first key to success is to get timvp off your show. Dude sucks.

We need radio experienced people to step up like MikeyP, EricB and PeteB.

Chieflion
01-11-2010, 03:14 AM
I am gonna start watching.

DAF86
01-11-2010, 03:26 AM
Kori looks nice on that photo, and timvp sounds nothing like I imagined.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2010, 03:34 AM
Nice one, Kori! Great idea! :) :toast

Just downloading the first one... hilarious already! Nice intro... :lmao

angelbelow
01-11-2010, 03:38 AM
This is an awesome contribution. Good job guys!

dastrey
01-11-2010, 03:39 AM
Good job guys. I'm sure it will continue to get better and better.

Ditty
01-11-2010, 03:40 AM
I thought R.C Buford was talking :lmao

j.k.

DAF86
01-11-2010, 03:40 AM
Why do you think that Tim and Camby can't play together? Camby has a jump shot with a great range (I have even seen him hit a couple of threes) and defense shouldn't be a problem.

jaffies
01-11-2010, 03:42 AM
timvp sounds nothing like I imagined.

I've actually met timvp, but never heard him speak.

I also met Kris, and remember his raspy noise.

Timvp's voice fits Kris.
Kris' voice fits Timvp.

timvp
01-11-2010, 03:44 AM
For the next one, I'll provide a link and the time of the live podcast. Then you guys can come into the chat there and ask us questions, or actually call in the telephone number or thru your computer headset. In addition to being live, it will be available for listening in the archives as well.

Thanks,

Kori

duncan228
01-11-2010, 03:45 AM
Fun stuff. What a great addition to the board. Thanks for letting us eavesdrop.

Kori Ellis
01-11-2010, 03:50 AM
I've actually met timvp, but never heard him speak.

I also met Kris, and remember his raspy noise.

Timvp's voice fits Kris.
Kris' voice fits Timvp.

:lol I think Kris was sick then. His regular voice isn't raspy.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2010, 03:55 AM
Loved it! Absolutely loved it! It's so you.

And there's some pretty decent basketball analysis too.

And humour.

Awesome!

:toast :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2010, 03:56 AM
Why do you think that Tim and Camby can't play together? Camby has a jump shot with a great range (I have even seen him hit a couple of threes) and defense shouldn't be a problem.

As he said on the podcast, who takes Dirk?

Buddy Holly
01-11-2010, 03:57 AM
timvp sounds nothing like I imagined.

I second that. :lol

jaffies
01-11-2010, 03:59 AM
Loved it! Absolutely loved it! It's so you.

And there's some pretty decent basketball analysis too.

And humour.

Awesome!

:toast :)

+1
:toast

I'll say it again:

I LOVE this place!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2010, 04:01 AM
Kori, who are these Spurs fans that say they want Arenas as a Spur? I've never seen that... they are insane.

I like Arenas, but only as a misunderstood goofball and trainwreck, not as a Spur! :nope

DAF86
01-11-2010, 04:02 AM
As he said on the podcast, who takes Dirk?

I'm more worried about Bynum/Gasol.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2010, 04:03 AM
+1

I'll say it again:

I LOVE this place!

Me too - to the core. :tu

Even at its lowest ebb, ST is the best place on the Web.

thOOdee
01-11-2010, 04:03 AM
great stuff.......hopefully this will echo up to the front office so they can take down notes. especially about the small ball. hopefully ian gets more minutes and not traded for more bonners and short gaurds.

L.I.T
01-11-2010, 04:04 AM
Sweet!

More stuff to help procrastinate when I should be working.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2010, 04:04 AM
I'm more worried about Bynum/Gasol.

I'm keen to see what Blair can do against Bynum/Gasol - he is bigger and longer than Malik, and rapidly learning how to defend in the NBA.

timtonymanu
01-11-2010, 04:06 AM
for some reason i cannot view the page. it wont display it.

Kori Ellis
01-11-2010, 04:08 AM
for some reason i cannot view the page. it wont display it.

Try to right click and save it on your computer, then play it from there. You need Window Media Player, or something, to play it though.

DAF86
01-11-2010, 04:09 AM
I'm keen to see what Blair can do against Bynum/Gasol - he is bigger and longer than Malik, and rapidly learning how to defend in the NBA.

Blair doesn't have the length to guard Bynum/Gasol.

timtonymanu
01-11-2010, 04:10 AM
Try to right click and save it on your computer, then play it from there. You need Window Media Player, or something, to play it though.

ok it works now. Thanks Kori! :toast

timtonymanu
01-11-2010, 04:38 AM
timvp, you sound somewhat like a young RC Buford. Sometimes I thought I was listening to an RC interview. But that's just me.

timvp
01-11-2010, 04:47 AM
Next time I should do this sober.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2010, 05:17 AM

He's got bulk and a 7'2" wingspan. We'll soon see what he does with it.

HarlemHeat37
01-11-2010, 05:35 AM
Another thing going against Blair is that he ALREADY has bad calls/rookie calls against him all the time, and he commits a lot legitimately bad fouls as well..he'll be going against the Lakers, a team that gets more calls than anybody, especially Gasol/Bynum..both of them are masters at verbal flopping and Gasol is great at physically flopping as well to get a lot of foul calls..

I don't like Blair in the foul matchup..

TDMVPDPOY
01-11-2010, 06:12 AM
nice job kori

i wonder why mouse doesnt do his own shit like this since his always trying out for that comedy bs competition....

Bukefal
01-11-2010, 06:53 AM
Cool feature! :toast

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2010, 07:22 AM
BTW, Kori and LJ, you get a "Raising the Bar" medal for this thread! :D

Another thing going against Blair is that he ALREADY has bad calls/rookie calls against him all the time, and he commits a lot legitimately bad fouls as well..he'll be going against the Lakers, a team that gets more calls than anybody, especially Gasol/Bynum..both of them are masters at verbal flopping and Gasol is great at physically flopping as well to get a lot of foul calls..

I don't like Blair in the foul matchup..

Sad but true. We'll see. I hope Mahinmi gets a run too.

sonic21
01-11-2010, 07:29 AM
nice

DBMethos
01-11-2010, 07:55 AM
More Spurs-related stuff is always a plus with me, so thanks for this! :toast

urunobili
01-11-2010, 09:44 AM
lol timvp sounds REALLY goofy for what i was expecting...

Summers
01-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Next time I should do this sober.

:lol Always a good decision. Nice job, guys.

Phenomanul
01-11-2010, 10:26 AM
lol timvp sounds REALLY goofy for what i was expecting...

nah.... he's just a little 'laid back'...

BTW Kori; awesome feature! :tu

EricB
01-11-2010, 11:17 AM

:lol let me know the when and where and I'll be more than excited to do it.

Cane
01-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Good stuff, these topics should be stickied or its title in a different color so everyone can see it right away. Awesome work!

polandprzem
01-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Gs

thispego
01-11-2010, 12:13 PM
do i have a reason to actually use a podcast on my new criphone?

mookie2001
01-11-2010, 01:07 PM
oh what a dey

no oscar dela mention in there? scarffed
book me as the first guest for the show, i can even do a 100% accurate thispego impersonation too if you want to have him on too i saidd

timvp
01-11-2010, 01:13 PM
oh what a dey

no oscar dela mention in there? scarffed
book me as the first guest for the show, i can even do a 100% accurate thispego impersonation too if you want to have him on too i saidd

I told Kori we need to kick off the real show with Mookie's take on Ginobili.

For reals.

Slomo
01-11-2010, 01:42 PM

+1 :lol

Was good hearing you both though!

Kori Ellis
01-11-2010, 01:53 PM
If you guys keep telling timvp that he sucked or sounded goofy, he's never going to do it again and that's not going to be beneficial for any of us. :lol

ffadicted
01-11-2010, 01:58 PM
timvp was fine, and Kori sounded nothing like I thought she would lol

Anyway, great job guys, you bring up good points and I hope you keep doing these

Slomo
01-11-2010, 01:59 PM
:lol

Actually I was looking forward hearing him again since that legendary Spurs roundtable he did once.

We're just giving him a hard time :D Don't let him off the hook Kori!

timvp
01-11-2010, 01:59 PM
If you guys keep telling timvp that he sucked or sounded goofy, he's never going to do it again and that's not going to be beneficial for any of us. :lol

timvp already knows he sucks. That's cool though cuz it wouldn't be fair if he was good at everything :hat

For the next show you should cohost with Mookie. Seriously that would be see some must listen to podcasting. Maybe get a Laker Fan from the NBA Forum ... if the Spurs win, naturally.

Kori Ellis
01-11-2010, 02:01 PM
timvp already knows he sucks. That's cool though cuz it wouldn't be fair if he was good at everything :hat

For the next show you should cohost with Mookie. Seriously that would be see some must listen to podcasting. Maybe get a Laker Fan from the NBA Forum ... if the Spurs win, naturally.

I won't be co-hosting with anyone else. People can definitely call in and talk, but there won't be another official co-host or anything.

timvp
01-11-2010, 02:02 PM
I won't be co-hosting with anyone else. People can definitely call in and talk, but there won't be another official co-host or anything.

:depressed

benefactor
01-11-2010, 02:02 PM

Pretty good idea.

Win or lose...I think Allanon would be a good one. He is always pretty even with his takes.

Spurs Brazil
01-11-2010, 02:03 PM
That's great!

Phenomanul
01-11-2010, 02:10 PM

He sounded knowledegable. That's all that matters... I think people here are confusing the good chemistry both of you obviously share with goofyness... what it sounded like to me was that he enjoyed partcipating in your 'show'... being slightly giddy while doing so... that's partly why the pilot podcast was great.

I've seen timvp in person on two occasions (at home games)... both times all he said was "hey..." as he nodded his head. The last time in 2006 (reg. season Mavs game where Ginobili hurt his 'tail bone' - when LJ was sporting that huge fro...) he was conversing with you, as I walked towards the SpursTalk group... but I really didn't catch the nuances of his speech then... I did notice he had a calm demeanor on both occasions.

BTW you definitely should include some of the out-of-towners like slomo, alamo50 and duncan228 in your show..

mookie2001
01-11-2010, 02:17 PM
I just slowed yall down like screw. Putting it on mah mixtape

objective
01-11-2010, 03:03 PM
you can do shows focusing on specific players and have ST experts on to give updates on them, like Splitter, De Colo, etc.

--------

btw, timvp's voice sounds a lot like mine.

sorry bro.

Libri
01-11-2010, 03:07 PM
:lol

Actually I was looking forward hearing him again since that legendary Spurs roundtable he did once.

We're just giving him a hard time :D Don't let him off the hook Kori!

Video please.

urunobili
01-11-2010, 03:17 PM

I have done some radio b4 nothing big... and I get calls to the US as domestic.. maybe one day I could call in... though I hate my voice... it gets the job done when selling :stirpot:

BTW I was just teasing timvp with the goofy comments... he is by far my favorite Spurs writer... (though I would turn off the radio if he was to talk all day about them! lol) :lol

mookie2001
01-11-2010, 03:17 PM
I don't think are any de colo or splitter experts on spurstalk, people watch one world championships game and a couple of poor quality youtubes to become experts

If there are I would rather listen to eminem all day than a foreign fans podcasts

urunobili
01-11-2010, 03:18 PM
If there are I would rather listen to eminem all day than a foreign fans podcasts

mookie... you fail... I'll give you 100 bucks if you recognize Im foreign when listening me talk... I mean it... :toast

mookie2001
01-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Ehhh good for you brah

not that it matters but I bet I could

You know actors do that for a living right?

urunobili
01-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Ehhh good for you brah

not that it matters but I bet I could

You know actors do that for a living right?

And isn't that what's it all about when it comes talking in the media?

Do you want me to send you my CV for approval? :lol

td4mvp21
01-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I enjoyed this very much. Can't wait for the next one

mookie2001
01-11-2010, 03:30 PM
And I can spot it a mile away

What's a cv?

urunobili
01-11-2010, 03:37 PM
And I can spot it a mile away

What's a cv?

lol anytime...

and CV means for Curriculum Vitae... have u ever applied for a job in your entire life? I know you guys use "resume" but LMAO anyway :lmao

IronMexican
01-11-2010, 03:37 PM
I thought timvp was going to sound black.

mookie2001
01-11-2010, 04:21 PM
So you know we don't use ciriculum vitaes but you abbreviated it and then laughed your ass off when I asked what you were talking about

how foreign fan of you

And on this cv you have a recording of your voice, how cute

urunobili
01-11-2010, 04:28 PM
So you know we don't use ciriculum vitaes but you abbreviated it and then laughed your ass off when I asked what you were talking about

how foreign fan of you

And on this cv you have a recording of your voice, how cute

no no... no recording.. but you'll know how academically prepared i am or not for such gig...

question for you... sons of americans raised in other countries = foreign fans to your broad mind? I wonder...

Dex
01-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Next week, stretch gives his impressions of the Maverick's game:

http://id.mind.net/~syruss/lol.wav

Nice addition to the forum, and good to hear the discussion, as well as hear from you both. :tu Would definitely be interesting to get a few opposing fans takes as well, especially depending upon how the playoffs pan out. We have fans for most of our rivals. Hope this idea takes off.

PeterBurns
01-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Timvp....Anything for you guys.....let me know how I can help. Ya'll got my #

DAF86
01-11-2010, 09:34 PM

He didn't suck, he just sounded nothing like his face indicates he would. (does that sentence make sense?)

Obstructed_View
01-11-2010, 11:16 PM

Blair doesn't have the height, but he's got the length, which is all that matters. Blair's wingspan is the same as Bynum's and two inches shorter than Gasol's, if you can believe the stats on the Internets.

Spursmania
01-12-2010, 12:13 AM
lol anytime...

and CV means for Curriculum Vitae... have u ever applied for a job in your entire life? I know you guys use "resume" but LMAO anyway :lmao

CV is definitely used in the US, I can attest for that. Very normal in our fields of work.:toast

NRHector
01-12-2010, 12:25 AM
excellent job, :toast :flag:

Sense
01-12-2010, 01:23 AM
I've "met" timvp.. and some Manny as I paid the tickets I bought from Kori... and honestly he didn't sound like he did there...

I'm going to blame technology!

haha he might sound goofy but he's just really laid back.. or so he seemed.

Good stuff guys... this definitely raises the bar.

Kori Ellis
01-12-2010, 01:54 AM
I've "met" timvp.. and some Manny as I paid the tickets I bought from Kori... and honestly he didn't sound like he did there...

I'm going to blame technology!

:lol That might it because timvp just has a deep voice in real life. There's nothing goofy or unusual about it.. it's just deep.

polandprzem
01-12-2010, 03:37 AM
Deep throat?

Blue Jew
01-12-2010, 04:01 AM
TimVp sounded good, he has a voice for radio, yes he was timid at times and you could hear nerves at work , hell look at Jerry Seinfeld's early work. If your not nervous then your not focused. I think by the 5th show LJ will be as good as Peter Burns!

I will also say they need to let someone else produce the show so they can focus on Spurs and not the sound quality and musical selections.

Man Mountain
01-12-2010, 07:53 AM
that doesn't sound anything like Timvp in person. Kori what did u do to him :lol

mrsmaalox
01-12-2010, 10:19 AM
That was fun! Thanks guys :tu

Hooters Girl
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
except for Kori clearing her throat at the beginning it was ok. :tu

Ginobilly
01-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Timvp doesn't sound goofy or anything, he just sounds white.