PDA

View Full Version : Spurs trading Parker for Chris Paul?

alchemist
01-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Bold Move In San Antonio?: The San Antonio Spurs are not happy or satisfied with where they stand today. League sources said recently that the Spurs made a pass at New Orleans trying to pry away Chris Paul with an offer that included Tony Parker.

The offer was immediately turned away by the Hornets.

However it is interesting to hear that San Antonio would consider parting with Parker, but if it returned Chris Paul the move is easy to justify. Parker has one more season remaining on his deal worth $13.6 million and could be one of the top free agent guards in the summer of 2011.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?STORY_ID=14943
:lol

Dr. Gonzo
01-11-2010, 09:56 AM
As great as that would be, it's not happening.

VI_Massive
01-11-2010, 09:58 AM
I would love that deal. But I'll repeat what I've heard from NBA writers: New Orleans would never trade CP3 unless he demanded it.

Paul seems to classy to do it publicly, so the demand would likely come behind the scenes, but I still don't see him doing it. That said, if the Hornets keep floundering and making decisions that piss Paul off, he might demand a trade. But I still don't see him doing it publicly.

doobs
01-11-2010, 10:02 AM
I hate Chris Paul.

Phenomanul
01-11-2010, 10:04 AM
LOL Hoopsworld....

Muser
01-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Hoopsworld :lol

Chieflion
01-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Hoopsworld is lame. They are just trying to get people to visit their website by coming up with some lame article that has no legs.

jimo2305
01-11-2010, 10:14 AM
good gawd.. i wouldnt' even write that in my fake news blog :lol !!!

ffadicted
01-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Damn Hoopsworld filling my head with CP-trips nonsense

Bukefal
01-11-2010, 10:33 AM
What a bullshit. Hornets wouldn't trade CP3 nor would the Spurs give up TP, at least, not now.

urunobili
01-11-2010, 10:53 AM
lol TP > CP3 on the Spurs system

EricB
01-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Ah the NBA globe is posting their yearly spurs baby born with head of a bat story.

CGD
01-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Ah yes, Hoopsworld...

intothechaos
01-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Wow, this trade would be awesome!!! Get a team player who likes to dish and set up team mates and gets a good share of assists and has good court sense (Paul) for a player who has no court sense and is a i-have-to-get-my-points-and-stats me first attitude.(Parker). I don't think it would ever happen but it would be awesome. The spurs need a PG who thinks of his team first and it aint parker. Heres to hoping it happens and/or Hill takes his job in the future....

pookenstein
01-11-2010, 01:19 PM
...hoopsworld
:stupid:

timvp
01-11-2010, 01:20 PM
1. Probably not true considering the source.

2. Even if it is true, it's a pretty no-brainer trade offer. Just like when Kobe was supposedly wanting to be traded, I'm sure the Spurs called and offered Manu.

angelbelow
01-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Just read about this too, doubt its true.

FkLA
01-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Parker has been the problem this season. His shooting percentages outside of the paint have been in the low 30s, letting it revert back to that after the improvement last season shows signs of complacency and a lack of commitment. That trade is obviously bogus, but I wouldnt be opposed one bit to trading Parker for another top PG or an all-star big man.

SenorSpur
01-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Ya gotta remember that it's Hoopsworld.

Blackjack
01-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Hoopsworld: less accuracy than a broken clock.

It would be an absolute no-brainer, though..

I. Hustle
01-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Eff that! I don't want CP3. I hate that dude.

Josepatches_
01-11-2010, 06:12 PM
lol TP > CP3 on the Spurs system

:lol:lol:lol

The Hornets aren't so dumb.But I would like hoopsworld isn't wrong.It would be good for us if the Spurs don't have doubts to trade any player to improve the team.
If we aren't as good as the Lakers we have to do something and we have to be ready to trade any player of the team not name Duncan.

LOL@MavsFan
01-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I would love that deal. But I'll repeat what I've heard from NBA writers: New Orleans would never trade CP3 unless he demanded it.

Paul seems to classy to do it publicly, so the demand would likely come behind the scenes, but I still don't see him doing it. That said, if the Hornets keep floundering and making decisions that piss Paul off, he might demand a trade. But I still don't see him doing it publicly.

LOL calling Chris Paul "classy"
Classy barrel rolls
Classy disrespect to Tim Duncan and the Spurs
Classy ball shots in college....if he's classy than so is the Paper Airplane:lmao

jag
01-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Ah the NBA globe is posting their yearly spurs baby born with head of a bat story.

:lol

Ocotillo
01-11-2010, 06:22 PM
I hate Chris Paul too...........

but if he were a Spur I would love the guy.

Blackjack
01-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Right. Which would mean Hoopsworld would be correct less often; unfortunate in this instance..

temujin
01-11-2010, 06:34 PM
My last memory of Chris Paul was when he was killed by 17 years old Ricky Rubio in the Olimpics final.

No thanks.

ElNono
01-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Can you imagine the flopping potential of a CP3 and Manu backcourt?????

I Heart Ginobili
01-11-2010, 06:38 PM
id prefer Rondo

murpjf88
01-11-2010, 06:41 PM
If cp3 was available at the expense of Tony, I wouldn't think twice. CP3 hasn't even hit his prime and he's one of the best point guards in the league.

SpurNation
01-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I'll put it this way. Tony would improve that Hornets team with their roster and Chris Paul could improve this Spurs team with our roster. That my opinion though.

No truer words written than this.

Blackjack
01-11-2010, 06:54 PM
To be honest I think Tony is just in a slump. He is trying to change his game because of different players on the roster. Pop is the best coach in the NBA and if anyone can get him out of this slump it's him.

You're right, Tony is in a slump and/or fatigued. But Paul is the better more dominant player and I don't think you'd get much argument about it from anyone who's not a Spurs and/or French fan; imo, of course..

And I get all the dislike for Paul, I really do, his antics can get a bit ridiculous and cause an opposing fan up to be driven up the wall. But the guy is a pro's pro in his drive and work-ethic and I've heard nothing but good things as it pertains to his actual character as a man; you'd love him if he won for your team.

And just to :stirpot:

How many people would really be Tony Parker fans if he didn't play for your team and/or represent your country? It's a honest question.

As a Spurs fan, I've always rooted for the guy and wanted him to do well because he he plays for my team; his success was my bragging right. But I can't honestly say his type of game or personality has ever been something that's captured my imagination or made me a fan of similar players past or present.

Again, it's an honest question, and maybe it's even better suited for the NBA forum, but I was just thinking about it the other day..

Blackjack
01-11-2010, 06:56 PM

I'm envisioning a Lee Majors photoshopping of 'The Fall Guy.'

easy7
01-11-2010, 07:05 PM
IMHO -If this were true it would be a worst bitch slap to Tony than the bring Jason Kidd Fiasco, since Tony is a finals MVP. Slumps end and it would be too drastic of a move. If being in a slump was the reason, then Finley and a few others would have been traded years ago.

hsxvvd
01-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Maybe Duncan can use his Wake Forest ties to persuade him to demand a trade...lol

hsxvvd
01-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Also, CP3 doesn't play for the French national team in the off-season.

Biernutz
01-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Could be some truth to the rumor. Tony missing foul shots, looking distracted in games jetting off to Vegas for New Years. At the Detroit game he got into a shouting match with POP and POP jerked him out of the game to the bench and put in Hill. Maybe POP is sending a message to him......

Chieflion
01-11-2010, 08:19 PM
All Wake Forest team

Chris Paul
Jeff Teague
Josh Howard
James Johnson
Tim Duncan

LOL

OrEmuN
01-11-2010, 08:40 PM
How many people would really be Tony Parker fans if he didn't play for your team and/or represent your country? It's a honest question.

As a Spurs fan, I've always rooted for the guy and wanted him to do well because he he plays for my team; his success was my bragging right. But I can't honestly say his type of game or personality has ever been something that's captured my imagination or made me a fan of similar players past or present.

Again, it's an honest question, and maybe it's even better suited for the NBA forum, but I was just thinking about it the other day..

Same here. Parker is never gonna be the kind of player that I will worship due to his game. However I will get behind whoever that suits up in Spurs uniform.

However, if this trade rumour is true (about 0.000001% chance), I believe most people would not mind that much since CP3 is a superior point guard in terms of playmaking. We need a distributor more than a scorer at PG at this point, given that we have Duncan, Jefferson and Manu who can get 20 pt at any given night.

stxspurs
01-11-2010, 08:53 PM
CP3....no
give me D-WILL!!!!!

Chomag
01-11-2010, 08:55 PM
CP3....no
give me D-WILL!!!!!

If only.

That would give the Spurs at least 3-4 more chmpionships. However this is the real world dammit:depressed

Tp9gospursgo
01-11-2010, 09:27 PM
He just wouldn't fir in the system like Parker does...wouldn't like him on this team

VI_Massive
01-11-2010, 09:39 PM
LOL calling Chris Paul "classy"
Classy barrel rolls
Classy disrespect to Tim Duncan and the Spurs
Classy ball shots in college....if he's classy than so is the Paper Airplane:lmao

Paul carries himself in a very classy manner off the court. Once he's on the court, he's a fierce competitor who pushes the edge of what's legal to gain every advantage. There certainly have been Spurs players we've celebrated for this very quality. Bowen and Horry come to mind initially.

Like other posters, I think he's a guy you hate until he's on your team.

5in10
01-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Him and Duncan would be sweet in PnR , he plays better D than parker, and imagine all the playmaking with Him and Manu on the same team.

eyeh8u
01-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Paul carries himself in a very classy manner off the court. Once he's on the court, he's a fierce competitor who pushes the edge of what's legal to gain every advantage. There certainly have been Spurs players we've celebrated for this very quality. Bowen and Horry come to mind initially.

Like other posters, I think he's a guy you hate until he's on your team.

i wanted to post an eloquent response like this, but all i could write was, "fuck you, you suck bowens dick all day then hate on paul, wake the fuck up assfag" so i decided not to post

DAF86
01-11-2010, 09:50 PM
I hope this isn't true. How crappy/mad must Parker be feeling if this were true?

Cane
01-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Tony Parker has been having too much negative attention on this board but his performance deserves it. Here are some troubling signs outside of his drop in his stats and impact:

1. Parker yelling back at Pop for leaving Stuckey open in that Detroit game

2. Parker talking to the media about being tired and not himself

3. And this trade proposition albeit its a shitty source

And this really blows since the Spurs owner finally shelled out a substantial amount of cash to make this year count. All that said the Spurs are still doing well and its only January. :flag:

vander
01-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I could not be a fan of a team with Chris Paul on it, and the Spurs are the only reason I have any interest in the NBA to begin with. So if this happened, I'd care about the NBA about as much as I care about Hockey or Soccer or womens lacrosse :lol

01-11-2010, 10:17 PM
:lol at spurs fans spurning at the thought of a parker for paul swap. i would personally carry CP3 from new orleans to san antonio if it was required for the trade to go down. can you say guaranteed DYNASTY? tim duncan will go out his last three years with championships.

vander
01-11-2010, 10:21 PM
:lol at spurs fans spurning at the thought of a parker for paul swap. i would personally carry CP3 from new orleans to san antonio if it was required for the trade to go down. can you say guaranteed DYNASTY? tim duncan will go out his last three years with championships.

he's talented no doubt, but I think he has less Championship moxy than Steve Nash, it's just never going to happen for CP3, he's too playground.

MRduncan2010
01-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Chris PAUL owns the HELL out of the MAVS:ihit

slick'81
01-11-2010, 10:25 PM
i love tp but if this was somehow possible who the fck wouldnt do this??2bad it would never happen

#2!
01-11-2010, 10:33 PM
right

he's talented no doubt, but I think he has less Championship moxy than Steve Nash, it's just never going to happen for CP3, he's too playground.
wrong

edit: had it backwards:lol

GooberNuts
01-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Please include "Hoopsworld" in the title next time :)

MRduncan2010
01-11-2010, 10:49 PM
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:Pipe dream

iggypop123
01-11-2010, 11:15 PM
chris wallace doesnt work for the hornets

Obstructed_View
01-11-2010, 11:18 PM
1. Probably not true considering the source.

2. Even if it is true, it's a pretty no-brainer trade offer. Just like when Kobe was supposedly wanting to be traded, I'm sure the Spurs called and offered Manu.

Do we think that the Lakers had a conversation where someone said, "So call them and offer them Kwame. What's the worst that can happen?"

HarlemHeat37
01-11-2010, 11:42 PM
I think that conversation was more like, "For fucks sake David, Kobe won't shut up, it really looks like he's going to leave".."Don't worry Jerry, I'll take care of it..."...

alchemist
01-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Please include "Hoopsworld" in the title next time :)
:lol there's no fun in that

murpjf88
01-12-2010, 12:49 AM
And just another theory, other than Ian is a beast, I think if there were any trades invloving Ian (perhaps to a team looking to rebuild with a 23 year old athletic center in their sights) they would want to see him play a little. Maybe with Hilton Armstrong on the way out (and keep in mind this is a big maybe) the Spurs offered Ian in the said Chris Paul trade. Ian is probably one of the more interesting players on the Spurs roster. If given proper playing time he could turn into something special.

What would you guys think of this trade?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yf7r974

Throw in DeJuan Blair and a first round pick for good measure and I don't see why the Honrets don't do that trade.

Well that might work, but while were on the subject of trades that won't happen, how's this one sound?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ykvoenl

Talk about wiping out your competitors.

jdev82
01-12-2010, 01:13 AM
the spurs also offered finley for lebron. i mean cmon guys...

murpjf88
01-12-2010, 01:16 AM
the spurs also offered finley for lebron. i mean cmon guys...

These trades aren't going to happen. That's for sure.

murpjf88
01-12-2010, 01:53 AM
I don't know anything about trades or such, but I would believe that Hoopsworld has some connection to the Spurs. They were the ones who said DeJuan would not play in a summer league game over contract issues. While that really isn't a lot, it clearly wasn't a wild guess.

Still as we all know there is a lot of talking before a trade goes down. I would bet that if said trade was offered it would have gone like this:

Spurs: Hey, what do you think of Chris Paul for Tony Parker and a first rounder?

Hornets: hahahaha... of you were serious?

The next day...

Spurs: Okay, how about Tony Parker, a first round pick in this years draft, the newly emerged Ian Mahinmi for Chris Paul.

Hornets: haha... no

The next day...

Spurs: Okay how about TP, Ian, 2010 first rounder, DeJuan Blair for Chris Paul?

Hornets: ha? hmmm.... Nah.

The next day...

Spurs: Okay okay okay. Tony Parker what ever expirings you want (excluding Manu) any young prospects you want (excluding George Hill) and a first round draft pick for Chris Paul and Okafor.

And on and on it goes. The point is of course the Hornets will turn down the first trade offered, even if they do like it. Its the way negotiations work.

No fan of the Silver and Black would mind a staight up trade for Chris Paul. But would you gus mind if the Spurs traded for Chris Paul and Peja while giving up DeJuan, Ian or maybe even Manu? Thats the way the trade world works.

I have no doubt the Spurs had communications with the hornets. I also believe the spurs toiled with the notion of a Parker and Paul swap.

The problem is Ian is not as valuable as people think he is. He's played a total of 21 minutes on the season. His stats, not withstanding, were against the worst team in basketball. He still managed to pick up 5 fouls in that span, although Yi and Lopez are a tough cover for anybody. He is still injury prone and no coach knows how he will fare through a rigorous 82 game schedule. This is a huge risk when you talk about a trade for one of the best point guards in the game, who has yet to hit his prime.

If pop continues to play Ian, and he continues to produce, his stock will rise. Until then, its too risky to make a trade of that calibre.

I also think that David West will be moved before Paul. In essence, the Hornets would be essentially blowing up their team. I don't think they have gotten to that point yet.

mavsfan1000
01-12-2010, 01:58 AM
How about Duncan for Dwight Howard while we are at it. :lol

Findog
01-12-2010, 02:20 AM
Chris Paul can opt of his contract in the summer of 2012. Therefore, the Hornets will not entertain any offers for him until the summer of 2011 at the earliest.

eyeh8u
01-12-2010, 02:41 AM
Chris Paul can opt of his contract in the summer of 2012. Therefore, the Hornets will not entertain any offers for him until the summer of 2011 at the earliest.

wtf is up with your sig

mountainballer
01-12-2010, 03:55 AM
What would you guys think of this trade?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yf7r974

Throw in DeJuan Blair and a first round pick for good measure and I don't see why the Honrets don't do that trade.

jesus, in the last weeks you presented half a dozen trades incredibly lopsided deals when you didn't see why the other team doesn't do the trade.
and it's not that hard to see why the Hornets don't do it.

hsxvvd
01-12-2010, 04:15 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yl2d77j

This is more likely, if we were to take on a contract like Posey's it's more of a sweetner for the Hornets.

New Orleans cut $3,500,000 from their books immediately, plus Finley's expiring contract & the Mahinmi wild card.

We get a proven playoff performer to fill the Finley "void".

mountainballer
01-12-2010, 05:01 AM
you guys really think the Hornets are suddenly attracted by an Ian trow in!!!!!!!!
they just traded away Hilton Armstrong for a TE by adding his salary.
after they invested almost 4 years, a lottery pick and 9 million for him.
guess what, even Hilton delivered one or two double double games every season.
bet that the Hornets are the last team looking for another wild card.

Hornets will somehow manage to get under the threshold and they won't need to sacrifice either Paul or West to do so. (of course they get calls about either, that daily business in the NBA)

and before people speculate about what and why the Hornets will do now, just one point:
this off season 8-10 teams will have enough cap space to just absorb Paul's contract. and most of this teams have a young top talent on a rookie contract to offer in return.
or the 2010 top pick.
THAT's the offer it will take to get Paul.
just for the sake of speculations. Nets win the #1 pick. of course they pick Chris Wall. first they try to get Lebron, Bosh or Wade, but they fail. they offer Chris Wall plus another young prospect, let's say Lee or Yi or Williams or CDR to the Hornets. now the Hornets will bite, if they in fact need to save that much money that they are forced to trade their franchise player.

wijayas
01-12-2010, 05:25 AM

:lol :lol :lol Nice thoughts....
We'll foul out ALL starters of the opposing team, every game!

wijayas
01-12-2010, 05:29 AM
Him and Duncan would be sweet in PnR , he plays better D than parker, and imagine all the playmaking with Him and Manu on the same team.

Guys...we can drool on the prospects. And while we are day-dreaming, the Lakers will swap Fisher for Paul, straight up. :lol

ezau
01-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Nets win the #1 pick. of course they pick Chris Wall. first they try to get Lebron, Bosh or Wade, but they fail. they offer Chris Wall plus another young prospect, let's say Lee or Yi or Williams or CDR to the Hornets. now the Hornets will bite, if they in fact need to save that much money that they are forced to trade their franchise player.

why would the nets pick wall who is already a PG and pair him with another PG in CP3?

mountainballer
01-12-2010, 06:57 AM
why would the nets pick wall who is already a PG and pair him with another PG in CP3?

oh well. just read my post before ask this.

Chieflion
01-12-2010, 08:08 AM
It is John Wall, who the hell is Chris Wall?

mountainballer
01-12-2010, 08:22 AM
John Wall, Chris Paul.......I guess you can figure yourself when I started to confuse names.