PDA

View Full Version : DOWNTOWN Devin Brown could EASILY average as many points as Kobe if given the chance

fevertrees
01-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Kobe is averaging 29 a game with an average of 24 field goals/8 free throws a game DT Devin Brown is averaging 11 a game with only 8 field goal attempts and 3 free throws a game. Let DT get those 24/8 attempts a game and he would score 25-30. Funny how Kobe manages to score so much simply because he constantly throws up shots and gets freebies at the line by David Stern/ESPN. :toast

BRHornet45
01-11-2010, 02:08 PM
son that is 100% truth and its not just Devin Brown ... ANY decent NBA shooter could EASILY average 25+ points per game if they were given the freedom to jack up 20+ shots per game like Kobe is given. its just basic mathematics and common sense really. The problem is that most fans are just casual fans of the sport and don't understand the statistics. They see all of the media hype behind players like Kobe, so naturally they are just going to assume that he is incredible because he averages 25 points per game.

Devin Brown was allowed to shoot the ball 20 times only once this season. He shot 11 of 20 with 30 points. imagine if he was given the freedom to jack up 20 shots a game like Kobe? The players with legit skill (someone like Brandon Roy for example) can average nearly the same amount of points as Kobe with A LOT less shot attempts and help from the refs to get it.

Lars
01-11-2010, 02:18 PM
This is false,

Trevor Ariza could not.

lebomb
01-11-2010, 02:28 PM
There is A LOT of truth to this statement. I had a friend in the NBA and he said certain players get the green light from the coach.........meaning, shoot at will. While other players would get their asses kicked and glued to the bench if they put up too many shots. Kobe happens to have the green light. Shoot it as much as you want, no matter your percentage.

BRHornet45
01-11-2010, 02:31 PM
There is A LOT of truth to this statement. I had a friend in the NBA and he said certain players get the green light from the coach.........meaning, shoot at will. While other would get their asses kicked and glued to the bench if they put up too many shots. Kobe happens to have the green light. Shoot it as much as you want, no matter your percentage.

that's all there is to it. the players who the NBA thinks will sell jerseys are allowed to do anything they want. in the meantime, there are dozens upon dozens of other talented players in the NBA who could put up the same numbers if given that green light. so it has nothing to do with Kobe being more talented because anyone who understands the game of basketball knows that Kobe is TERRIBLY overrated ... its just that he is more marketable than most players so he was one of the few chosen by the NBA to be pushed to the top.

wow. it must be nice to be Kobe Byrant. the dude has never truly earned anything his entire life aside from actually making it into the NBA. think about it ... pretty much everything has been handed to him on a silver platter.

3 rings = thank you Shaq
1 ring = thank you Gasol
MVP aka Lifetime Achievement Award = thank you media

fevertrees
01-11-2010, 02:39 PM
so it has nothing to do with Kobe being more talented because anyone who understands the game of basketball knows that Kobe is TERRIBLY overrated

This is easily the most truthful statement ever poasted on this place.

badfish22
01-11-2010, 02:41 PM
This is false,

Trevor Ariza could not.
:lol

noob cake
01-11-2010, 03:37 PM
This is false,

Trevor Ariza could not.

Trevor Ariza is not half the shooter DOWNTOWN Devin Brown is

BRHornet45
01-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Trevor Ariza is not half the shooter DOWNTOWN Devin Brown is

son I'll mothafuckin CO-SIGN that!

ffadicted
01-11-2010, 03:52 PM
3 rings = thank you Shaq
1 ring = thank you Gasol
MVP aka Lifetime Achievement Award = thank you media

haha so true :lol

Baseline
01-11-2010, 04:04 PM
It's so refeshing to see that more people besides me truly get what Bryant is - and what he is not. I rail about the guy all the time because I live in LA...a place where Bryant is worshipped to a sickening degree.

What he is, as you guys pointed out, is a volume shooter. He jacks up a ton of shots, gets a ton of whistles, and consequently, is able to score a lot of points on some nights. As you guys said, it's simple math.

I've always maintained that a number of guys in the NBA could average what Bryant averages if they shot without a conscience like Bryant does, and shot as many shots. Fact is, Bryant averages more shots than any other player in the league, yet he is surrounded by the most talent. How does that make any sense?

I wish there were a statistic for missed offensive opportunities, because with guys like Gasol, Bynum, and Odom on Bryant's team, I've never understood how in the world he could average less than 6 assists a night. It seems like with those guys who are so long and talented and move so well, any player with a pair of eyes could average 7-8 assists a night.

As a guy who grew up in North Carolina watching ACC hoop since I was a toddler, then going to basketball camps at UNC, then college in the ACC, I can't tell you how sickening it is to watch Kobe Bryant play. Not only does he not understand how to play team ball...the concept doesn't even occur to him.

I'd give anything to hear what guys like Chris Paul and LeBron James say about him behind closed doors. Guys like Paul and James get way more satisfaction out of making the good pass for a hoop than scoring. Every night they make the other guys on their teams immeasurably better. Look at the supporting casts both Paul and James have this year. You give eithr guy the Lakers supporting cast and they'll win 70...because of the way they play the game.

And then look at Bryant. A guy who, in his last game, went 4-21 with 1 assist. I honestly didn't know that was humanly possible. Not only that...he went 4-21 after going 10-30 and 14-37 in the two previous games.

Where I come from, stats like that make a mockery of the game.

BRHornet45
01-11-2010, 07:12 PM
It's so refeshing to see that more people besides me truly get what Bryant is - and what he is not. I rail about the guy all the time because I live in LA...a place where Bryant is worshipped to a sickening degree.

What he is, as you guys pointed out, is a volume shooter. He jacks up a ton of shots, gets a ton of whistles, and consequently, is able to score a lot of points on some nights. As you guys said, it's simple math.

I've always maintained that a number of guys in the NBA could average what Bryant averages if they shot without a conscience like Bryant does, and shot as many shots. Fact is, Bryant averages more shots than any other player in the league, yet he is surrounded by the most talent. How does that make any sense?

I wish there were a statistic for missed offensive opportunities, because with guys like Gasol, Bynum, and Odom on Bryant's team, I've never understood how in the world he could average less than 6 assists a night. It seems like with those guys who are so long and talented and move so well, any player with a pair of eyes could average 7-8 assists a night.

As a guy who grew up in North Carolina watching ACC hoop since I was a toddler, then going to basketball camps at UNC, then college in the ACC, I can't tell you how sickening it is to watch Kobe Bryant play. Not only does he not understand how to play team ball...the concept doesn't even occur to him.

I'd give anything to hear what guys like Chris Paul and LeBron James say about him behind closed doors. Guys like Paul and James get way more satisfaction out of making the good pass for a hoop than scoring. Every night they make the other guys on their teams immeasurably better. Look at the supporting casts both Paul and James have this year. You give eithr guy the Lakers supporting cast and they'll win 70...because of the way they play the game.

And then look at Bryant. A guy who, in his last game, went 4-21 with 1 assist. I honestly didn't know that was humanly possible. Not only that...he went 4-21 after going 10-30 and 14-37 in the two previous games.

Where I come from, stats like that make a mockery of the game.

EXCELLENT post son!

jag
01-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Miami Heat will soon grace this thread with his presence.

namlook
01-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Kobe is averaging 29 a game with an average of 24 field goals/8 free throws a game DT Devin Brown is averaging 11 a game with only 8 field goal attempts and 3 free throws a game. Let DT get those 24/8 attempts a game and he would score 25-30.

Complete nonsense. This is so ignorant it's beyond belief.

This is easily the most truthful statement ever poasted on this place.

^^^ I have no doubt that half of the posters here are in the 10-15 year old age range after reading so many of the posts here.

SpurCharger
01-11-2010, 07:55 PM
I agree, i do think kobe Is A Good Player.... I just dont think you can Compare him to the likes Of Jordan.... i also Agree That any decent Nba Player Can score 25 a night if he is able to jack up between 18 and 25 shots a night....

djohn2oo8
01-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I agree, i do think kobe Is A Good Player.... I just dont think you can Compare him to the likes Of Jordan.... i also Agree That any decent Nba Player Can score 25 a night if he is able to jack up between 18 and 25 shots a night....

Trevor Ariza says hi

fevertrees
01-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Complete nonsense. This is so ignorant it's beyond belief. I have no doubt that half of the posters here are in the 10-15 year old age range after reading posts like this.

How's the latest issue of ESPN magazine?

DAF86
01-11-2010, 09:07 PM
ANY decent NBA shooter could EASILY average 25+ points per game if they were given the freedom to jack up 20+ shots

I agree.

DAF86
01-11-2010, 09:11 PM
This is false,

Trevor Ariza could not.

Trevor Ariza says hi

Ariza isn't a good shooter.

namlook
01-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Devin Brown? LOL. Devin Brown wouldn't know what to do with the kind of attention Kobe gets on the defensive end. Devin would be completely shut down if team's defenses were geared towards stopping him like they are with Kobe.

noob cake
01-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Devin Brown? LOL. Devin Brown wouldn't know what to do with the kind of attention Kobe gets on the defensive end. Devin would be completely shut down if team's defenses were geared towards stopping him like they are with Kobe.
http://z.about.com/d/cleveland/1/0/K/e/-/-/brown-devin.jpg

says, "I disagree"

(just look at his mother fucken head, GOAT shape)

namlook
01-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Now that Kobe is injured and clearly on the downside of his career the Lakers should just trade Bynum for Devin Brown and spare parts and waive Kobe. They will probably win more games this way and they will save a ton of cash in the long run. :lol

duhoh
01-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Yhbt

namlook
01-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Yhbt

Really? LOL.

Every thread here is a troll. You should post Yhnbt to point out which threads are not trolls. This would be much more helpful instead of stating the obvious.

chrismengeu
01-12-2010, 07:39 AM
This thread makes me laugh so hard I know you guys hate Kobe but come on, you are saying that Kobe is a role player and any player can do what he does if he just get more shots, are you serious? People always say Kobe won rings with Shaq and he couldnt do it without him, let me ask you this you think Shaq would have won rings without Kobe no way, they both needed each other.Kobe is a great player he isnt on Jordan's level but who is Kobe is average 46% field goals with 23 FG attempts that isnt stellar but for a shooting guard its not bad and i guarantee Devin Brown couldnt do that and score 30 points a game even without the same defensive pressure that Kobe gets. Kobe isnt Jordan but he isnt a role player either, he is one of the best SG there is "one" i didnt say the best. Stop being haters That is all

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-12-2010, 07:47 AM
I really don't like Kobe, I'm on record as a hater, but c'mon guys: he's shooting .466 and .833 from the line, and I'll take that from my SG no matter how many shots he takes.

Also, if anyone could be Kobe, why aren't they? He's no MJ, but he is a special player. If you've seen him live you can't help but see that.

MiamiHeat
01-12-2010, 08:05 AM
I really don't like Kobe, I'm on record as a hater, but c'mon guys: he's shooting .466 and .833 from the line, and I'll take that from my SG no matter how many shots he takes.

That was with Gasol playing.

His shooting percentage since Gasol is out is close to 30%

You should look at Wade's numbers when he played with Shaq, regular season and playoffs. Off the charts FG%

Playing with dominant/All-Star big men = winning formula in the NBA for the past 2398238 years, except for 1 special player, some guy named Michael Jordan

rhyputa
01-12-2010, 08:43 AM
You guys are so pathetic, enough said.

rhyputa
01-12-2010, 08:48 AM

You should look at Wade's numbers when he played with Shaq, regular season and playoffs. Off the charts FG%

Playing with dominant/All-Star big men = winning formula in the NBA for the past 2398238 years, except for 1 special player, some guy named Michael Jordan

:lmao Heat won the title (ok i don't want to mention D-Whistle) and then next year they couldn't make it through the 2nd round.

rhyputa
01-12-2010, 08:52 AM
And Kobe's making 49% when his finger was good.

Baseline
01-12-2010, 11:44 AM
What's hysterical to me is that Laker fans actually believe that Bryant has a broken finger.

Nobody's "injuries" have ever been more exagerrated than Bryant's. It's simply the Lakers and the League trying to further perpetuate how "great" this average gunner is.

Two years ago he supposedly had a broken pinky, yet not only did he never have it operated on - he played the Olympics with it and then went straight into the next season. Still no surgery.

Well, I smell a rat.

Meanwhile, Laker fans, wake up and smell the coffee.

fevertrees
01-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Kobe Bryant has a sore finger because he fell down while fingering himself in the shower

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-12-2010, 05:50 PM

:rolleyes

No, that is for the SEASON. Remember he also played for a long time without Gasol to start the season. And for his career he shoots .455 - not great, but not terrible either, about average for a SG.

Also, he's now playing banged up.

Darthkiller
01-12-2010, 06:24 PM
i am sure jj reddcik could average 30 if he takes 24 shots agame.

fevertrees
01-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Well people have to realize that other players who are more intelligent would take BETTER shots if given the chance. Kobe will throw up 35 shots on any given night no matter how bad they are, or how much his pu$$y is hurting.

Andrew Bynum
01-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Devin Brown is so fucking ugly, my lord.

namlook
01-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Well people have to realize that other players who are more intelligent would take BETTER shots if given the chance. Kobe will throw up 35 shots on any given night no matter how bad they are, or how much his pu$$y is hurting.

Just because your pussy constantly hurts due to an ongoing bout of chlamydia you can't get rid of doesn't mean everyone's does. Maybe you shouldn't let C.Paul keep doing you.

cobbler
01-12-2010, 08:24 PM
47% IS 47% regardless of the number of shots.

Miamitard will toss out a BS comment like his with Gaso lcomment... but his Kobe hatred trumps his memory and or limited intelligence since Gasol also didn't play the first 11 games of the season.

And go figure... over those 11 games Kobe was:: 128-264 for 48% from the field and 80-93 for 86% from the free throw line.

So as you all can see... Miami is talking out his ass yet again.... :toast

cobbler
01-12-2010, 08:33 PM
What's hysterical to me is that Laker fans actually believe that Bryant has a broken finger.

Nobody's "injuries" have ever been more exagerrated than Bryant's. It's simply the Lakers and the League trying to further perpetuate how "great" this average gunner is.

Two years ago he supposedly had a broken pinky, yet not only did he never have it operated on - he played the Olympics with it and then went straight into the next season. Still no surgery.

Well, I smell a rat.

Meanwhile, Laker fans, wake up and smell the coffee.

What's hysterical to me is that you care what we think about our players at all. What is hysterical is that all you butthurt Kobe haters find more to talk about Kobe than anyone. The majority of Kobe threads are started by the people who can't stand him. How ironic. You don't want to hear about him yet you have this obsession to continually bring him up. Go figure.

We Laker fans are happy Kobe is on our team regardless of what you think about his possible injuries and/or shooting percentage. What's hysterical is your need to constantly bash him. What exactly do you gain from that?

When its all said and done, he will go down as one of the all time greats and all of you haters will be all the more hurt and nothing you say or do will change that. And all us Laker fans will walk away grinning ear to ear as you whine away.

BRHornet45
01-12-2010, 08:44 PM
What's hysterical to me.

what's hysterical to me is that most of you Laker "fans" live in Texas ... lol bandwagon jumping frauds. typical Laker fans for ya.

cobbler
01-12-2010, 11:40 PM
what's hysterical to me is that most of you Laker "fans" live in Texas ... lol bandwagon jumping frauds. typical Laker fans for ya.

Wrong again... go figure.

SoCal born, raised, and residing.

iggypop123
01-12-2010, 11:49 PM

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.