PDA

View Full Version : No surprise: Palin joins Fox News as contributor

CubanMustGo
01-11-2010, 03:30 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/01/sarah-palin-joins-fox-news-as-a-contributor.html

Sarah Palin might not be taking on Oprah, but the one-time GOP vice presidential candidate has made good on predictions that she has a future in television.

The former Alaska governor is joining Fox News as a contributor, an executive at the cable news network said today, confirming news first reported by the New York Times. Palin will appear as a commentator on programs across the network, joining a lineup of pundits that includes fellow conservatives Karl Rove, Newt Gingrich and Mike Huckabee. She will also help host a recurring series that profiles everyday Americans.

With her hiring, Fox News is bringing on a high-profile figure whose controversial pronouncements on issues such as healthcare reform have helped drive sharp partisan debate. The move is likely to boost speculation that Palin, who left office before the end of her first term as governor, wants a platform to remain in the public eye in order to make a bid for the presidency in 2012.

Updated at 12:19 p.m.: “Governor Palin has captivated everyone on both sides of the political spectrum and we are excited to add her dynamic voice to the Fox News lineup,” Bill Shine, the network’s executive vice president of programming, said in a statement.

“I am thrilled to be joining the great talent and management team at Fox News,” Palin said. “It’s wonderful to be part of a place that so values fair and balanced news.”

-- Matea Gold

Winehole23
01-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Good for her. MSM suits her.

boutons_deux
01-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Her scattered, bimbo brain and it's confused, irrational verbiage will be pilloried and ridiculed as thoroughly as ever. I might even watch her on Fox Right-Wing-Nutwork for the laughs.

Huckabee is very articulate, and listenable. pitbull bitch isn't.

Gentlemen of the right, start your hard-ons.

EmptyMan
01-11-2010, 03:43 PM
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn288/fashionblogger/sarah_palin_makeup.jpg

u mad?

da_suns_fan
01-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Suits her. Good for her.

TeyshaBlue
01-11-2010, 04:01 PM
The microcosmic, almost metaphorical smidgen of credibility Fox might've ever, ever had, has just vanished in a puff of pitbull lipstick.

clambake
01-11-2010, 04:03 PM
credibility is not the consumer that fox is targeting.

djohn2oo8
01-11-2010, 04:03 PM
BWHAHAHAHAHA!!! She resigns as governor to become a commentator?

Thunder Dan
01-11-2010, 04:08 PM
I wonder whose job it will be to explain the news to her before she goes on the air

TeyshaBlue
01-11-2010, 04:09 PM
I wonder whose job it will be to explain the news to her before she goes on the air

ROFL...and people harp on President Obama needing to use a teleprompter.:lol

ElNono
01-11-2010, 04:19 PM
How long until she quits again?

Thunder Dan
01-11-2010, 04:23 PM
ROFL...and people harp on President Obama needing to use a teleprompter.:lol

when I heard that she needed to take a crash course on the major wars including WW1 and WW2 I almost lost it. I thought every high school in America taught their students how those wars started and our potential VP didn't even know.

She thought Sadam was behind 9/11, and had to call Joe Biden "Joe" during the debate because she couldn't say Biden without saying O'Biden. What a moron.

Winehole23
01-11-2010, 04:31 PM
How long until she quits again?A door will open for her elsewhere. Maybe she'll find some way to fuck up midterm elections for the Republicans, and flame out in November.

Palin is too thin skinned to bear it for more than a few months. I'm tempted to put the over under at six months, ElNono, but even that is probably too long.

Three?

TeyshaBlue
01-11-2010, 04:34 PM
when I heard that she needed to take a crash course on the major wars including WW1 and WW2 I almost lost it. I thought every high school in America taught their students how those wars started and our potential VP didn't even know.

She thought Sadam was behind 9/11, and had to call Joe Biden "Joe" during the debate because she couldn't say Biden without saying O'Biden. What a moron.

It's not O'Biden?:depressed

:lol

baseline bum
01-11-2010, 04:37 PM
How long until she quits again?

Why would she quit? When will she ever be challenged on Fox?

Winehole23
01-11-2010, 04:39 PM
The microcosmic, almost metaphorical smidgen of credibility Fox might've ever, ever had, has just vanished in a puff of pitbull lipstick.I thought Fox adding Glenn Beck resembled this.

TeyshaBlue
01-11-2010, 04:40 PM
I thought Fox adding Glenn Beck resembled this.

Early Glenn Beck is not equal to today's Glenn Beck.

Today: Glenn Beck with 60% more nutbar.

George Gervin's Afro
01-11-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm sure ,along with Rove and Dick Morris, she will provide a balanced view on the issues they discuss.:rolleyes

Winehole23
01-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Why would she quit? When will she ever be challenged on Fox?Sarah Palin has a megaphone now. She apparently wanted to be in on the media foofaraw, rather than removed from it. What a surprise.

hater
01-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Lmfao

symple19
01-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Like I needed another reason NOT to watch crappy cable news.

boutons_deux
01-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Maybe she needs to "prepare" (her wardrobe) for Fox and that's why she refuses to speak at CPAC.

Or maybe because CPAC won't pay her $100K speaker's fee, while the Tea Farties will (damn, can these people get anymore stupid? YES! :lol)

Winehole23
01-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Early Glenn Beck is not equal to today's Glenn Beck.I am not a conoisseur, but then I was never exactly a fan either. He is nuttier than ever, that's for sure, but I surmise he had to be whenever FOX replaced Geraldo with Zombie-Geraldo. Maybe shortly after he sketched US movements in Iraqi sand. That's how long Fox has been lacking the nutty.

I swear, it's not the same dude, TeyshaBlue. Not even close.

Today: Glenn Beck with 60% more nutbar.I think it's intentional. They're aiming at a gooey nutbar middle.

Will Fox News fail to write the perfect love letter to its own viewers, even with Sarah Palin in its stable? Tune in for details at six and ten.

DarrinS
01-11-2010, 05:03 PM
I wonder if she'll admit that a speech by Obama gave her a thrill up her vagina.

Oh wait, that was Chris Matthews -- a "real" journalist.

clambake
01-11-2010, 05:05 PM
I wonder if she'll admit that a speech by Obama gave her a thrill up her vagina.

Oh wait, that was Chris Matthews -- a "real" journalist.

good to see that darrin came out with some solid support. :lol

Spurminator
01-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Oh well it's not the first time a stupid person has been put on TV for stupid people to watch.

Marcus Bryant
01-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Beck strikes me as one who kinda understands how much the government is wedded/owned by 'big business' and has whittled away individual rights over the years, but is still content to red bait instead of taking on the entire establishment, as that pays better and there's greater job security.

Still, it's not a bad thing to have someone challenging the status quo, even if it's through partisan glasses, IMO. Predictably, we argue amongst ourselves while the plutocrats go on, unscathed.

Oh, Gee!!
01-11-2010, 05:13 PM
guessing she's done with politics for a few years. didn't she make some O.J.-like promise to help the people of Alaska by quitting? how has she followed through on that promise so far? book tour and now talking head on fox.

Winehole23
01-11-2010, 05:15 PM
I wonder if she'll admit that a speech by Obama gave her a thrill up her vagina.Lead with lewdness...

Oh wait, that was Chris Matthews -- a "real" journalist....conclude with cluelessness. Throwing Chris Matthews out there has nothing to do with Sarah Palin at all, but maybe that was the whole point: your resort to deflection was instantaneous.

boutons_deux
01-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Beck also knows he is just another corporate employee paid to do what Roger Ailes wants.

Fox has always appealed to the least/stupidist common denominator, and now with pitbull bitch they've lowered the bar.

I wonder if pitbull bitch on Fox will start showing some serious cleavage from those huge, watery tits?

DarrinS
01-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Lead with lewdness...

....conclude with cluelessness. Throwing Chris Matthews out there has nothing to do with Sarah Palin at all, but maybe that was the whole point: your resort to deflection was instantaneous.

As opposed to throwing out Glen Beck?

Winehole23
watery?

Winehole23
As opposed to throwing out Glen Beck?You could give a take on the OP. I did.

Spurminator
and now with pitbull bitch they've lower the bar.

Meh, not really...

http://theinsanityreport.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/fox-and-friends-douchebaggery.jpg

DarrinS
01-11-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm a little surprised that Palin wanted to become a media "elite", but this is a good idea by Fox, as they'll gain even more viewership from both Palin fans, and libtards with Palin-derangement syndrome.

I'm just happy that this will keep her out of politics for the time being.

Marcus Bryant
01-11-2010, 05:30 PM
watery?

TeyshaBlue
01-11-2010, 05:31 PM
watery?

I know...WTF?

TeyshaBlue
And the thread focuses with sudden, white hot intensity!:downspin:

baseline bum
What next for FOX? Joe the Plumber or DarrinS?

Winehole23
01-11-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm a little surprised that Palin wanted to become a media "elite"I'm not.

I'm just happy that this will keep her out of politics for the time being.Perhaps. It won't keep her out of *the politics* forum. You'll probably take to posting her youtubes yourself, Darrin.

Sarah Palin's temporary, so-called absence from these pages, may only have been a fleeting mirage.

Bummer.

Marcus Bryant
01-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Palin's brought a lot on herself, but we've also seen just how clearly nasty the left of this country can be. And naturally most of the venom is directed at her, not at anything actually said or unsaid. People read into her what they want. Might as well get paid for a million boutons pounding away dumb shit about you on their slobber covered keyboards.

TeyshaBlue
01-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Palin's brought a lot on herself, but we've also seen just how clearly nasty the left of this country can be. And naturally most of the venom is directed at her, not at anything actually said or unsaid. People read into her what they want. Might as well get paid for a million boutons pounding away dumb shit about you on their slobber covered keyboards.

Poor boutonsky. Proprism is no laughing matter.:rollin

EVAY
01-11-2010, 07:20 PM
I assumed from the minute she was standing in front of the microphones announcing that she was leaving her elected post that this was what she was aiming for...a book deal, speaking engagements, and Fox network.

This is a woman clearly interested in attention...not policy, and Fox is the place where that is what is hired. Palin will not, I think, ever run for office again. I cannot imagine that the Republicans would allow it, and I don't think she is interested. It is a hell of a lot easier to rant than to think, and that is what Fox pays for, and what matches Palin's capabilities. I think it is a perfect match. She can always be ' above it', and will love being begged by the ranting fools, but only if whe would do it and lose can she fail. She is uneducated but savvy. She knows what she is doing, I think.

iggypop123
01-11-2010, 07:30 PM
the sky is blue.

spursncowboys
01-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Howard Dean, C. Matthews, Stephanapolous, Arriana Huffington, etc.

Blake
01-11-2010, 07:39 PM
“I am thrilled to be joining the great talent and management team at Fox News,” Palin said. “It’s wonderful to be part of a place that so values fair and balanced news.”

:lmao That's funny.

I can't wait for the quotes she will lay forth during her tenure with Fox.

ElNono
01-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Why would she quit? When will she ever be challenged on Fox?

Was she even challenged in Alaska? I mean, there were a bunch of investigations going on, but that's not why she quitted according to her...

George Gervin's Afro
01-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Will her show be called the 'Death Panel'?

boutons_deux
01-11-2010, 08:22 PM
watery?

of course, do you think mid-40s tits after 5 kids are firm and perky? No, they're watery and saggy.

As I've said many times before, if she had the sex appeal of Golda Meir or Bella Abzug, she'd be stuck in Wasilla with her freaky cult church and her hockey-puck-for-brains supporters.

Cry Havoc
01-11-2010, 09:08 PM
the sky is blue.

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Liar-Liar-jim-carrey-1014545_576_384.jpg

iggypop123
01-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Will her show be called the 'Death Panel'?

no but greta better watch her back. she has just been put on the chopping block

Spurminator
01-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Howard Dean, C. Matthews, Stephanapolous, Arriana Huffington, etc.

Partisan, perhaps.

So preposterously dumbed-down that you have to abandon all intellectual integrity to take them seriously? Not even close to Sarah Palin.

EmptyMan
01-11-2010, 09:53 PM
boutons talking about watery bewbs????

http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/500/cant_fap.jpg

ducks
01-11-2010, 10:17 PM
watery?

of course, do you think mid-40s tits after 5 kids are firm and perky? No, they're watery and saggy.

As I've said many times before, if she had the sex appeal of Golda Meir or Bella Abzug, she'd be stuck in Wasilla with her freaky cult church and her hockey-puck-for-brains supporters.

you would know because that is the only tits you see in real life and can feel

Ted Bundy
01-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I'd hit it.

Wild Cobra
01-12-2010, 07:49 AM
I see libtards just cannot cry enough about Sarah.

boutons_deux
01-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Nobody's cryin about pitbull bitch. She's a joke, wonderfully entertaining.

She's way out of the brainless bimbo depth at Fox Political Network. She's not anywhere as cute as the other bimbos.

I bet she plays the deep cleavage card, but she's too repulsively stupid to fuck.

DarrinS
01-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Nobody's cryin about pitbull bitch. She's a joke, wonderfully entertaining.

She's way out of the brainless bimbo depth at Fox Political Network. She's not anywhere as cute as the other bimbos.

I bet she plays the deep cleavage card, but she's too repulsively stupid to fuck.

Thank God we don't have a complete idiot as our VP.

EP-5X_1N3dw

spursncowboys
01-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Partisan, perhaps.

So preposterously dumbed-down that you have to abandon all intellectual integrity to take them seriously? Not even close to Sarah Palin.
Howard Dean, C. Matthews, and Arrianna Huffington, and Edwards' wife!!!

Winehole23
01-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Elizabeth Edwards? Srsly?

Winehole23
01-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Ms. Edwards might belong in the * "First Dude" thrread * if only by analogy, but seems misplaced here.

ploto
01-12-2010, 06:52 PM
I am just so glad her family is going to be out of the public eye and get to resume a life of privacy.

spursncowboys
01-12-2010, 09:42 PM
ALso on my list: Carville and Brazille. I know Carville is a genius because of his one liner.

Fabbs
01-12-2010, 09:48 PM
credibility is not the consumer that fox is targeting.

Thunder Dan

DarkReign
01-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Good for her. MSM suits her.

Suits her. Good for her.

They get it. I only detest Palin when her hat finds itself weakly thrown into the political office arena.

Now that she's realized her non-potential in that regard, I wish her well at Fox.

DarkReign
01-12-2010, 09:56 PM
I am just so glad her family is going to be out of the public eye and get to resume a life of privacy.

One of the better usages of the blue text.

boutons_deux
01-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Do right wing nuts think pitbull bitch has big or tiny aureoles?

Do you think she shaves her pussy? maybe a landing strip? or just a neat little trim?

Just trying to bring the thread back onto the topic of her real appeal, in case any you jerkoffs thinks her appeal is between her ears.

Winehole23
01-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Sarah Palin's star burns brightly, true. But will it last?

Winehole23
01-13-2010, 02:32 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/editor/separator.gif@ElNono: I think I put the over/under at six months. Is that too sanguine?
What'll Sarah Palin actually be doing for Fox News?

panic giraffe
01-13-2010, 04:45 PM
this is too funny.

i saw that nice young man, ann coulter, talk about palin getting the fox gig, and he said that if palin got her own show the first person she should interview should be katie couric. which damn made me spill shiner out my nose.

why would she have any resentment towards her for asking what pubs she reads? couric didn't make palin look dumb in that interview, palin or palin's handlers did, so there shouldn't be resentment as much as a need to not look like a dumbass.

Winehole23
01-13-2010, 04:49 PM
and [Ann Coulter] said that if palin got her own show .... The OP appears to rule this out, but expressly rules in Palin being a commentator. Who knows?

Wild Cobra
01-13-2010, 05:12 PM
@ElNono: I think I put the over/under at six months. Is that too sanguine? I'll would take the under 6 months if there was a 2010 senate election with a democrat incumbant. I think she will last just fine, and gain even more people who think good things of her.

What'll Sarah Palin actually be doing for Fox News?
Not sure, but I'm sure they will make good use of her for ratings.

Winehole23
01-13-2010, 05:25 PM
I'll would take the under 6 months if there was a 2010 senate election with a democrat incumbant. A Senate seat for Palin? From Alaska? Were you reading newsmax (http://newsmax.com/InsideCover/palin-poll/2008/12/23/id/327282) about a year ago? She turned it down publicly last April, but Palin could always change her mind.

I think she will last just fine, and gain even more people who think good things of her.Are you a fortune cookie?

Not sure, but I'm sure they will make good use of her for ratings.How thoughtful of them. Of course they will.

spursncowboys
01-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Anita Dunn is now on MSNBC. Any surprise?