PDA

View Full Version : Suns agree with lack of calls against Timmy

sickdsm
04-26-2005, 02:14 PM
But then again they don't think its one sided, very few either way

"Quentin Richardson arrived at the arena just after 3 p.m. Sunday and began noticing something about all the playoff games he had watched. "I was like, 'They ain't calling no fouls,' " Richardson said. "Tim Duncan was getting held and they weren't calling it. As everybody trickled in, I told them what I saw and Bo (Outlaw) said: 'They ain't giving us nothing. We've got to play through it.'" Arizona Republic

Solid D
04-26-2005, 02:39 PM
The crew for the Spurs Nuggets game 1 was David Jones, Bill Spooner and Eddie F. Rush. David Jones was particularly annoying (ex. the Camby steal of Beno's muffed behind the back dribble before the half and the "brush/run-by" foul call on Horry).

nkdlunch
04-26-2005, 02:45 PM
I've noticed they haven't been calling the fouls they usualy would have in the reg. season. I wanna see how they call the Seatle game, those Seatle big mofos are some dirty ass thugs... and I bet the first one to bitch is gonna be Rayray :princess

exstatic
04-26-2005, 03:09 PM
David Jones was also involved in the late season decision at 1.4 seconds.

Phonzie20
04-26-2005, 03:14 PM
It was annoying on BOTH sides guys.

GrandeDavid
04-26-2005, 03:15 PM
I think I'm gonna beat David Jones to a pulp. Or throw a banana peel in front of him when he runs by me on the court. Maybe I'll go Larry David and trip his sorry ass if I can get some courtside seats.

Dre_7
04-26-2005, 03:15 PM
That Travelling violation that they didnt call at the end of the game, really ticked me off. We were still in it at that point. Other then that, I hate complaining about officiating, cuz it is just a cop out in (sp?) my opinion.

NugzFan
04-26-2005, 03:25 PM
i would love nothing more than a fair called game on both ends.

GrandeDavid
04-26-2005, 03:27 PM
SasSpurs21_1999, yep, you spelled "in" correctly. ;)

Phonzie20
04-26-2005, 03:30 PM

Stern/ESPN/TNT/Nike/ABC/Walton says no!

Louae
04-26-2005, 05:08 PM
I've noticed they haven't been calling the fouls they usualy would have in the reg. season. I wanna see how they call the Seatle game, those Seatle big mofos are some dirty ass thugs... and I bet the first one to bitch is gonna be Rayray :princess

well, I noticed how one sided the calls were on Sunday. Especially how they allowed the Denver defenders to hold Timmy repeatly in the post without foul calls. Denver was going to the line a lot during the third quarter for a lot less contact that what was occuring on the spurs side. I was really pissed that the spurs didn't start getting really physical and dish out a few hard fouls to force the refs to call the game tighter and gain control.

I'd like to think the calls evened out in that game but I doubt it. I was surprised they didn't call a technical on Kenyon Martin for double hand slapping the backboard after pulling himself up off the rim. If that ain't a tech, I don't know what is. I remember earlier in the season when they called Rasheed Wallace for hanging too long on the rim against the spurs and I didn't even think that was close to being a tech. The traveling no-call was definately frustrating. Especially after they called TP for traveling when he dragged his pivot foot under the rim.

infinite styles
04-26-2005, 05:11 PM
I was watching the Suns Griz game and I made the comment in the final minute of the first half that only 7 fouls had been called in total against both teams. But then I had to follow it up by saying that the Suns don't play defense so its not really that hard to believe.

I never understood one thing though. Why do commentators always say that the team that plays the most aggressive is usually the one that doesn't get called for as many fouls. To me it would seem that it would be the opposite.

san antonio spurs
04-26-2005, 05:13 PM
hey man I saw u get banned from spursreport though I tried to defend you.
glad to see u found a better place
________
Web Shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

td4mvp21
04-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Its been like this for quite a while now. The home refs are AWFUL. It isn't why we are losing but they have just been flat out sucky. Some people could have thought we were playing in Denver

FilSpursFan
04-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Bring in the Crawfords...!

Pandaemonaeon
04-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Q is just sucking up so SA would go easy on his pathetic Suns team. Sorry Q, you'll have all time practicing that headpound in May.

Rummpd
04-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Refs may not have been biased but they were bad.

Another call that may have turned game. End of half, Manu driving, Denver player to me flopped and was not set, = offensive foul. Ball to Denver, Miller miracle shot = 5 point swing.

td4mvp21
04-26-2005, 09:27 PM
i hate when people say the refs are just bad.

do you think after all those years, and all that training, and all those games. that a ref would suck so deliberately bad.

we are truly naive.

I tell it how it is and the refs sucked. They have been pretty bad at home lately. They aren't perfect, but some of the calls and no calls are absurd.

T Park
04-26-2005, 09:49 PM
End of half, Manu driving, Denver player to me flopped and was not set, = offensive foul. Ball to Denver, Miller miracle shot = 5 point swing

Exactly, Marcus Camby.

He literally jumps in front of Ginobili and gets the call.

But they get no respect....

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-26-2005, 09:52 PM
phuck fenix.

Phonzie20
04-26-2005, 10:01 PM
How exactly do you fuck a city?

milkyway21
04-26-2005, 10:07 PM
...and no calls are absurd. exactly :cuss

hey! is this allowed?
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/3567200_4_1.jpg

this is practically ridiculous :wtf

T Park
04-26-2005, 10:08 PM
why is it allowed???

Duh, the Nuggets are "Fun"

Plus you got the gangsta Anthony so you gotta keep up the great NBA image.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Spare the conspiracy theories. The more aggressive team has gotten the calls in the playoffs since the beginning of time.

Spurs need to quit playing soft.

TroyF
04-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Yikes.

I'll agree with you that the officials missed some calls against the Spurs the other night. There was no foul on the Camby dunk. Duncan was held more than once without a call.

But there were calls and plays that went your way too. Melo was hammered multiple times without a call. (as he usually is, not only by the Spurs but the rest of the NBA as well) KMart was also mugged more than once in the lane with no call coming his way. And a couple of the calls Ginobili got was an absolute joke.

I thought the refs were pretty bad, but I thought they were bad on both sides.

TDfan2007
04-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Tim Duncan was groped and held and shoved throughout the entire game so ya, I'd say that there was a lack of calls.

j_epsilon
04-26-2005, 10:14 PM
these nba refs can go to fuucin hell...i don't know if you guys have noticed how they always give the calls to the more "media friendly team"...i mean, you have nazr with stitches and duncan bleeding, yet these 2 guys are the ones fouling and being physical with the nuggets, give me a break...i was so happy when ginobli gave that stupid buckner guy an elbow right in the chops (well deserve!)...*speaking out of my ass* i wish tony massenburg would sacrifice himself and beat the snot out of all those arrogant refs...

needless to say, going 0-17 in the final minutes of the game is deplorable...having to put up with all those no-calls and bs calls is mind numbing...don't even get me started on that bs 11-2 run at the end of the 1st half...

hopefully the spurs can play through what i have come to labeled "lakerism"...or "favorism from the nba because you are going to give the league higher ratings"...AND WIN ANOTHER TITLE!!!

milkyway21
04-26-2005, 10:14 PM
if Anthony keep on "riding" on Duncan that way, TD might ended up with another injury-a shoulder injury by the end of the 1st round.

get off, Carmelo!

T Park
04-26-2005, 10:17 PM
but I thought they were bad on both sides

Nuggets 30 FTs

Spurs 19

Goodbye goodnight.

j_epsilon
04-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Nuggets 30 FTs

Spurs 19

Goodbye goodnight.

that right there is fucing absurd!

TroyF
04-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Nuggets 30 FTs

Spurs 19

Goodbye goodnight.

6 of the Nuggets FT came in the final 28 seconds on intentional fouls.

During the important part of the game the foul shots were 24-19 with the Nuggets actually committing one more foul than the Spurs. (the final result was 23 fouls for the Spurs, 21 for the Nuggets. Again, the final three Spurs fouls were intentional)

Yeah, Duncan should have got a few more FT attempts. Ginobili should have had less. Such is life.

The refs aren't why you guys lost this game.

j_epsilon
04-26-2005, 10:29 PM

During the important part of the game the foul shots were 24-19 with the Nuggets actually committing one more foul than the Spurs. (the final result was 23 fouls for the Spurs, 21 for the Nuggets. Again, the final three Spurs fouls were intentional)

Yeah, Duncan should have got a few more FT attempts. Ginobili should have had less. Such is life.

there is never one sole reason as to why a team loses a game...the refs in this situation were a factor...

RICK ADELMAN IS THE MAN FOR HAVING THE BALLS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THESE BS NBA REFS!!

NFL REFS ARE THE BEST!

infinite styles
04-26-2005, 10:34 PM

Its funny how people seem to forget that the number of calls against a team has shit to do with the number of free throws that team takes. For instance the refs could call fouls against a team that are not in the act of shooting so hence you get a foul call but no free throw. I must admit Denver was holding on to tim in the post like those sucker fish on whales but a call means nothing unless they also call the ones when he is in the act of shooting.

j_epsilon
04-26-2005, 10:37 PM
Its funny how people seem to forget that the number of calls against a team has shit to do with the number of free throws that team takes. For instance the refs could call fouls against a team that are not in the act of shooting so hence you get a foul call but no free throw. I must admit Denver was holding on to tim in the post like those sucker fish on whales but a call means nothing unless they also call the ones when he is in the act of shooting.

"a call means nothing unless they also call the ones when he is in the act of shooting"...

umm maybe you haven't realized but have you ever heard of being in "foul trouble"...which means that foulcalls are ALWAYS meaningful...whether it be shooting foul or non-shooting foul..

infinite styles
04-26-2005, 10:39 PM
"a call means nothing unless they also call the ones when he is in the act of shooting"...

umm maybe you haven't realized but have you ever heard of being in "foul trouble"...which means that foulcalls are ALWAYS meaningful...whether it be shooting foul or non-shooting foul..

hmmmm.....maybe you didn't realize that I was talking about Free Throw opportunities....or should i go back and edit that for you.

Tek_XX
04-26-2005, 11:17 PM
So i guess we have to hold their guys too, see if they call it and if they do then they might call the fouls on players holding Duncan.

Experiment2100
04-27-2005, 01:19 AM
I just like how the refs were not cosistent. Stuff that wasn't a foul in the first half was a foul in the second half

12-4 ft edge for Nuggets in third quarter.

milkyway21
04-27-2005, 03:57 AM
so what's Kenyon Martin's GAME PLAN for tonight's game 2?

Martin scored 11 points with nine rebounds and disrupted Tim Duncan on the defensive end. The Spurs All-Star power forward couldn't get comfortable after missing a dozen late-season games with a sprained right ankle.

I'm not going to let him(Duncan), dictate what he wants to do _ if I do that, it's going to be a long night," said Martin, who played for New Jersey when the Spurs beat the Nets for their second NBA title in 2003. "I can be a pest. I'm going to hit you, I'm going to push you, I'm going to hold you. I'm going to keep coming. It's the playoffs."

:huh

Dre_7
04-27-2005, 07:03 AM
SasSpurs21_1999, yep, you spelled "in" correctly. ;)

Oops. :lol
It was for "cop out", not "in". Is it cop-out, copout, etc. :lol

TroyF
04-27-2005, 07:28 AM
so what's Kenyon Martin's GAME PLAN for tonight's game 2?

Martin scored 11 points with nine rebounds and disrupted Tim Duncan on the defensive end. The Spurs All-Star power forward couldn't get comfortable after missing a dozen late-season games with a sprained right ankle.

I'm not going to let him(Duncan), dictate what he wants to do _ if I do that, it's going to be a long night," said Martin, who played for New Jersey when the Spurs beat the Nets for their second NBA title in 2003. "I can be a pest. I'm going to hit you, I'm going to push you, I'm going to hold you. I'm going to keep coming. It's the playoffs."

So in other words his plan is to do the exact same thing Bowen will do to Melo. Get physical, hammer him, grab him, give him shoulder blows when he tries to cut through the lane and generally be a pain in the ass.

The refs were bad. They were inconsistent. But in the meat of the game, we had five more foul shots than you did. Five.

The Nuggets went on the road to Memphis and Minnesota one week for a crucial road trip. In both games the Nuggets went to the line less than half the times the Grizzlies or TWolves did. The Nuggets won both games.

In Boston the other night the Celtics went to the line 29 times, the Pacers 18. Guess who won the ball game? Or the best one. . . Rockets vs. Mavs, game one. Mavs 42 FT attempts. Rockets 20 FT attempts.

We know who won that basketball game too. The refs were horrible on both sides and to think otherwise is to just not understand the game of basketball.

101A
04-27-2005, 09:49 AM
How exactly do you fuck a city?

Enzyte. :hat

Louae
04-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Exactly, Marcus Camby.

He literally jumps in front of Ginobili and gets the call.

But they get no respect....

I'll have to look at that one again, but when I first saw it, I thought that Camby was there and that it was a good call. Manu just plowed over him. He even lowered his shoulder on that one. To me, it was an easy call for the refs to make. In my opinion, it was definately a charge by Manu.

Louae
04-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Yikes.

I'll agree with you that the officials missed some calls against the Spurs the other night. There was no foul on the Camby dunk. Duncan was held more than once without a call.

But there were calls and plays that went your way too. Melo was hammered multiple times without a call. (as he usually is, not only by the Spurs but the rest of the NBA as well) KMart was also mugged more than once in the lane with no call coming his way. And a couple of the calls Ginobili got was an absolute joke.

I thought the refs were pretty bad, but I thought they were bad on both sides.

Well, I like how Melo got away with some pushing off in his attempt to get offensive rebounds. He got away with it three times before they finally called him for an offensive foul (I think it was his fifth foul) on his fourth pushoff. I think Carmelo got away with more than he was screwed.

Louae
04-27-2005, 02:02 PM

During the important part of the game the foul shots were 24-19 with the Nuggets actually committing one more foul than the Spurs. (the final result was 23 fouls for the Spurs, 21 for the Nuggets. Again, the final three Spurs fouls were intentional) .

That's a valid counter to T-Parks argument, but it doesn't end the frustration to the inconsistency in calls in the game.

Agreed. 0-17 was the reason we lost this game. But the refs made the loss that more frustrating. It would've been nice if they had called that travel at the end of the game. That alone would've at least taken away the sting of the refs meddling.

NugzFan
04-27-2005, 02:09 PM
But then again they don't think its one sided, very few either way

"Quentin Richardson arrived at the arena just after 3 p.m. Sunday and began noticing something about all the playoff games he had watched. "I was like, 'They ain't calling no fouls,' " Richardson said. "Tim Duncan was getting held and they weren't calling it. As everybody trickled in, I told them what I saw and Bo (Outlaw) said: 'They ain't giving us nothing. We've got to play through it.'" Arizona Republic

didnt the game start at 7? very impressive qrich!

NugzFan
04-27-2005, 02:10 PM
well, I noticed how one sided the calls were on Sunday. Especially how they allowed the Denver defenders to hold Timmy repeatly in the post without foul calls. Denver was going to the line a lot during the third quarter for a lot less contact that what was occuring on the spurs side. I was really pissed that the spurs didn't start getting really physical and dish out a few hard fouls to force the refs to call the game tighter and gain control.

I'd like to think the calls evened out in that game but I doubt it. I was surprised they didn't call a technical on Kenyon Martin for double hand slapping the backboard after pulling himself up off the rim. If that ain't a tech, I don't know what is.

you think that was a tech?

NugzFan
04-27-2005, 02:11 PM
hey man I saw u get banned from spursreport though I tried to defend you.
glad to see u found a better place

thanks and yes, this place is far better. freakin nazis.

if thats how they want to run their board, fine. i ordered them silver and black pacifiers for their entire board. got a good deal since i ordered in bulk.

NugzFan
04-27-2005, 02:12 PM
you guys always want to compare me to lakerlanny.....but I use real, truthful numbers to guide me. not bullshit.

the nuggets had 30foul shots, we had 19.....that doesn't happen at home. TO ANY TEAM.

6 of our shots were by dre at the end after intentional fouls. 24-19 isnt bad.

NugzFan
04-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Refs may not have been biased but they were bad.

Another call that may have turned game. End of half, Manu driving, Denver player to me flopped and was not set, = offensive foul. Ball to Denver, Miller miracle shot = 5 point swing.

no offense but that was the easiest calls the refs made all day - manu tends to put his head down and just barrel to the hoop for a call. camby was just waiting.

NugzFan
04-27-2005, 02:14 PM
these nba refs can go to fuucin hell...i don't know if you guys have noticed how they always give the calls to the more "media friendly team"...i mean, you have nazr with stitches and duncan bleeding, yet these 2 guys are the ones fouling and being physical with the nuggets, give me a break...

they got hit by their own players!

CosmicCowboy
04-27-2005, 02:15 PM
yeah that was definitely a charge. Camby had his feet set.

NugzFan
04-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Nuggets 30 FTs

Spurs 19

Goodbye goodnight.

a) read my previous post...6 were intentional fts

b) 24-19 isnt bad at all

c) you guys got away with many calls

d) fts dont always correlate with refs - for example you guys shot far more outside than we did (over twice as many 3s attempted). we were just more aggresive.

so that 30-19 stat is meaningless.

MannyIsGod
04-27-2005, 02:21 PM
The refs made some bad calls in the post on Duncan (or lack of calls rather) but that's not why the Spurs lost. In the end, the refs will even out. It's up to the Spurs to win.

SpursWoman
04-27-2005, 02:27 PM
How do you fuck a city?

Enzyte. :hat

:lmao :lmao

vanvannen
04-27-2005, 02:56 PM
The refs are not the reason why the Spurs lost. Nevertheless, you can't expect Tim Duncan to get into a rythm if he keeps being shoved and push around and he doesn't even get a chance to shoot some free throws.

Louae
04-27-2005, 03:26 PM
you think that was a tech?

The question is, how can you NOT see that as a tech? When you hang on the rim unnecessarily, it's a tech. I would think that hanging on the rim and propelling yourself up to slap the backboard would qualify as a tech.

MannyIsGod
04-27-2005, 03:46 PM
The question is, how can you NOT see that as a tech? When you hang on the rim unnecessarily, it's a tech. I would think that hanging on the rim and propelling yourself up to slap the backboard would qualify as a tech.
I didn't think it was a tech.

LilMissSPURfect
04-27-2005, 04:18 PM
depends on who's hanging and pounding on the backboard ....... i thought it constituted a tech ! :blah

TroyF
04-27-2005, 05:51 PM
The refs are not the reason why the Spurs lost. Nevertheless, you can't expect Tim Duncan to get into a rythm if he keeps being shoved and push around and he doesn't even get a chance to shoot some free throws.

First point: I do think the KMart slap of the backboard should have been a T. I was surprised it wasn't called. The T's and flagrent fouls were called very incosistently. Dre called for a T after a slight bump in the back. . . a couple of minutes later, Horry shoved Camby in the back after a made basket and there wasn't a call, much less a T. Strange stuff there.

As for the quote above, I find it amusing. This is the way you guys play. It's what you do to other teams. Bowen clutches, grabs, shoulder blows, kicks :), and plays as physical hands on as he can. Only a handful of players in the NBA get calls against Bruce.

It's something Melo, our best low post presence, will be forced to deal with all series. As I said before, TD should have had more calls.

Louae
04-27-2005, 06:16 PM
I didn't think it was a tech.

well, you're entitled to your opinion.

melo15
04-27-2005, 06:21 PM
:stfu
Is that all you queers got? Tim Duncan was fouled. The Spurs are the 2nd dirtiest team besides the Pistons. Bruce Bowen is almost as bad as Ron artest. I don't want to hear any more excuses. Just play the game.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2005, 06:27 PM
no offense but that was the easiest calls the refs made all day - manu tends to put his head down and just barrel to the hoop for a call. camby was just waiting.
I agree. Easy call.

they got hit by their own players!
Once again, I agree. Just because you are the one bleeding doesn't mean you got fouled. Ask Terry Porter about the infamous "Dairy Queen" game against the Mavericks.

I have to say that I thought KMart should have gotten a tech for hanging on the rim, but he doesn't get many highlights against the Spurs. We'll see how many more he gets.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2005, 06:28 PM
I don't want to hear any more excuses.

Then go away, fucktard. Nobody asked you to contribute. In fact, they've tried rather hard to let you know you aren't welcome.

sickdsm
04-27-2005, 09:22 PM
All jokes aside, this is my first year in a while not pulling for any team. Even after being eliminated you find yourself pulling for a team that elimantated you or a different one. No bias here.

The game wasn't one sided. If someone is going to point to FTA's then your no better than LakerGod or LakerLanny or whoever. For that matter then the wolves have been horribly discriminated all these years right? Quityerbitching. This is what playoffs are about and how there called. The guys bitching about the refs USUALLY are the fans of younger, less experienced, lesser successfull teams. You guys act like you havn't been there before?

Somewhat unrelated though, i wish they would use the same set of guidelines for calling playoffs as regular season. Its such a sham that they do that. The only reason is to give more excitement to the rather dull regular season.