Kobe
Artest
Bosh
Pau

Odom
Shanwow brown
Luke
Fish

+ next year a possible cheap TMac or Manu signing for LA (unless Manu keeps it up)

Sigh....looks like 77 wins next year isn't out of question!

:lmao:lmao

Banzai
01-11-2010, 07:28 PM
I don't see the Bosh trade happening.

milkshakeballa
01-11-2010, 07:29 PM
I don't see the Bosh trade happening.

Obviously the chances of a trade of this magnitude are extremely slim....but I have 3 different sources confirm the Lakers would SERIOUSLY entertain this offer...

jag
01-11-2010, 07:31 PM
I have 3 different sources...

k

The Gemini Method
01-11-2010, 07:34 PM
-is one of Milkshake's sources...

JoeTait75
01-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Obviously the chances of a trade of this magnitude are extremely slim....but I have 3 different sources confirm the Lakers would SERIOUSLY entertain this offer...

Well no shit they would SERIOUSLY entertain this offer. You don't need a made-up source to figure that out.

Ain't happening though.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2010, 07:46 PM
That move wouldn't help LA very much.

DPG21920
01-11-2010, 07:47 PM
LA would seriously consider this? :lol

Allanon
01-11-2010, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't make that trade.

You'd have two Pau Gasol's, super offense but suspect defense. Bynum can do both and has better size if he gets his act together.

I do think Bynum will be better than both in a couple of years.

JoeTait75
01-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Got a source that says the Cavaliers would SERIOUSLY consider an Anthony Parker-for-Dwayne Wade swap.

usdane
01-11-2010, 07:49 PM
You got to roll the dice with Bynum - No deal.

mavsfan1000
01-11-2010, 07:49 PM
The Lakers already won the championship. I would rather see them win it with Bosh though. Talk about an offensive juggernaut.

TheMACHINE
01-11-2010, 07:51 PM
I'd do it.

Technique
01-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Got a source that says the Cavaliers would SERIOUSLY consider an Anthony Parker-for-Dwayne Wade swap.
:lol

DJB
01-11-2010, 08:03 PM
LOL at Laker fan thinking that Ginobili would ever be a traitor and go to the darkside.

Indazone
01-11-2010, 08:05 PM
That would suck seeing a totally rejuvenated and motivated T-Mac next to Kobe. On the plus side, there wouldn't be enough balls to go around for that team lol.

I really do believe T-Mac will be back because he's

a) Not Steve Francis getting a huge buyout
b) Former NBA scoring champ with a chip on his shoulder
c) Microfracture surgery takes about 2 years to recover from so next season he should be good to go.
d) He's working out with the best trainers in Chicago
e) Hungry for a Trophy

Chieflion
01-11-2010, 08:07 PM
That would suck seeing a totally rejuvenated and motivated T-Mac next to Kobe. On the plus side, there wouldn't be enough balls to go around for that team lol.
That was what people said about the Grizzlies. Never happened though.

PGDynasty24
01-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Ummm I dont want bosh. He is too similar to Pau. I think now that Bynum heard those rumors he is going to play harder on defense,last night he was a defensive menace. 18 rebounds a bunch of blocks,thats the bynum that we need. Not the scoring one

Indazone
01-11-2010, 08:08 PM
That was what people said about the Grizzlies. Never happened though.

That's right..the Grizzlies would never send Pau Gasol to the Lakers. I would absolutely never see that ever happening :lmao

HarlemHeat37
01-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Is milkshakeballa's source the stripper or the grandma..or both?..

Raptors wouldn't make this trade..they'll most likely try to sign Bosh in the off-season IMO, a lot of people in the organization still feel like he'll stay, according to local reports..we'll see..I doubt they trade him for an injury prone, soft C though, at least IMO..

Chieflion
01-11-2010, 08:12 PM
That's right..the Grizzlies would never send Pau Gasol to the Lakers. I would absolutely never see that ever happening :lmao
I was talking about the not enough balls for a team. What are you smoking?

Indazone
01-11-2010, 08:17 PM
I just think T-Mac has a hella lot more heart than people give him credit for. Played injured last year in and out when he shoulda just told the coach he couldn't go.

Indazone
01-11-2010, 08:18 PM
But I digress Bosh is a hell of a lot better player than Bynum. But the Rockets will get Bosh anyways.

Spursmania
01-11-2010, 08:21 PM

Of course they would entertain the offer, which team wouldn't. Not happening.

djohn2oo8
I just think T-Mac has a hella lot more heart than people give him credit for. Played injured last year in and out when he shoulda just told the coach he couldn't go.

As the Tracy McGrady saga is sure to play out, two sources with knowledge of the situation have informed me not to expect Rockets general manager Daryl Morey to do the banished star any favors.

The huge rift between the Rockets and McGrady, I'm told by a source, began last year at the trade deadline. The Rockets had a deal in place to send McGrady to New Jersey for Vince Carter and other pieces, similar to the Nets-Magic deal on draft night. When McGrady's agent Arn Tellem informed his client he was about to be on the move, McGrady abruptly ended his season by saying he needed micro-fracture surgery on his ailing knee.

And the friction has led up until this year.

"The Rockets are still mad.They had sent the trade to the league," another source told me. "They were ready to ship him out and McGrady killed it."

http://web.sny.tv/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100111&content_id=7899318&oid=36320&vkey=18

:lmao Still think he has heart?

Spursmania
But I digress Bosh is a hell of a lot better player than Bynum. But the Rockets will get Bosh anyways.

I can see that happening.

Spursmania
01-11-2010, 08:22 PM

:rollin

Chomag
01-11-2010, 08:23 PM
So lakers are looking to get a second farm team?

Indazone
01-11-2010, 08:32 PM
politics meh

My Fault
01-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Common sense would tell you that they would rather hold on to Bosh in hopes he'd resign and if he doesn't plan B. Plan B being a sign and trade so he gets the most he can get while they don't get left with nothing. Seriously, why would they want Bynum for Bosh?

Allanon
01-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Ummm I dont want bosh. He is too similar to Pau. I think now that Bynum heard those rumors he is going to play harder on defense,last night he was a defensive menace. 18 rebounds a bunch of blocks,thats the bynum that we need. Not the scoring one

Bynum was indeed beastly on offense and defense last night. Was pretty amazing.

If that's the Bynum the Lakers end up with; I wouldn't even think twice about Bosh.

namlook
01-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Bynum was indeed beastly on offense and defense last night. Was pretty amazing.

If that's the Bynum the Lakers end up with; I wouldn't even think twice about Bosh.

Bynum is going to be a stud. He's still learning. This would be his rookie season if he had played college ball. When he is 25 he will be very hard to stop. He's longer than just about everyone, has a great touch and is developing some formidable post moves. Eventually teams will have to double team him every time down the floor.

HarlemHeat37
01-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Maybe Bynum will become the best player in the NBA like Scottie Pippen was LOL..

namlook
01-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Maybe Bynum will become the best player in the NBA like Scottie Pippen was LOL..

Welcome to my ignore list.

Ignore List

Anthony Randolph (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18779)
Baseline (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14719)
BRHornet45 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11905)
ChrisRichards (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16909)
Frank Lucas (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17559)
HarlemHeat37 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11597)
MiamiHeat (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11613)
Tacker (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11534)

LOL. :rollin

Lars
01-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Iggy and Bosh in Rockets red by the time the playoffs start

BOOK IT

Findog
01-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Gasol went to LA because Jerry West was a consultant to both franchises and certainly didn't mind seeing him in Purple and Gold.

I'm pretty sure in his hearts of hearts that Bryan Colangelo is still a Phoenix Sun, and has no burning desire to gift the Lakers his All Star big man when he can do better than that offer.

TheMACHINE
01-11-2010, 11:39 PM
When Bosh comes here...he's gonna be better then EVER with the Lakers system.

Donkeybong
01-11-2010, 11:42 PM
wouldnt do it. Would be a clusterfuck at power forward.

21_Blessings
01-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Common sense would tell you that they would rather hold on to Bosh in hopes he'd resign and if he doesn't plan B. Plan B being a sign and trade so he gets the most he can get while they don't get left with nothing.

Common sense would tell you that there is no chance Bosh is resigning with Toronto. Bosh has no reason to be sign and traded to a team like New York or Miami that have ample cap space. In that scenario Toronto ends up with nothing.

Seriously, why would they want Bynum for Bosh?

Seriously, why wouldn't you want a 22 year old center capable averaging 20/11 as the first option?

21_Blessings
01-11-2010, 11:53 PM
ANd :lol you people taking this rumor seriously. If the Lakers were willing to trade Bynum for Chris Bosh it would have been done already. Toronto won't be getting a better offer than that, I guarantee you.

jag
01-11-2010, 11:56 PM
when bosh comes here...he's gonna be better then ever with the lakers system.

ya!!!!!!

milkshakeballa
01-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Toronto wouldn't do this?!??!?!!?

And who exactly can offer more than Bynum???

LMAO!

Please....

Bynum is BY FAR the best they could get....

LOL @ people who say this doesn't make the lakers better :nope:nope

1) Gasol has play much better at C than PF
2) Bosh fits the triangle to a T as a PF (midrange game...off the dribble)
3) Lakers will lose NOTHING on D. Bynum is NOT an achor as of yet. Lsat night was the first game he has looked like an anchor all year. It obviously isn't going to happen this year. The transition D improves with Bosh...the PnR D...what TRUE bigman has killed us? All mobile bigman in the NBA today now...no true back to the basket type player. Remember Pau mostly guarded DHoward in the finals last year...not Drew.
4)Lakers 2nd unit:
Farmar (unless traded) / Brown
Artest
LO
Bosh

Kobe and Pau resting on the bench.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin @ rest of NBA for the next 5 years if Colangelo pulls this trigger

Findog
01-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Bynum is BYC, so it aint happening.

namlook
01-12-2010, 01:51 AM
The Lakers won't do it unless Bosh agrees to a contract extension. Giving up Bynum is not worth renting Bosh for less than a year.

milkshakeballa
01-12-2010, 01:52 AM
The Lakers won't do it unless Bosh agrees to a contract extension. Giving up Bynum is not worth renting Bosh for less than a year.

Agreed

mavsfan1000
01-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Bynum is so overrated. Bosh is the real thing though and the Lakers would be amazing to watch. Talk about a nightmare team to play against. Add Mbenga if a shotblocker is needed. Yeah that's pretty sick.

milkshakeballa
01-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Bynum is BYC, so it aint happening.

Plenty of ways around Bynum's BYC. Plenty of ways. Stop being so fuckign lazy go to ESPN trade checker and try motherfucker and witness your demise when that trade says SUCCESSFUL.

Findog
01-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Plenty of ways around Bynum's BYC. Plenty of ways. Stop being so fuckign lazy go to ESPN trade checker and try motherfucker and witness your demise when that trade says SUCCESSFUL.

I'm not going to ESPN tradechecker because I don't give a fuck.

Why does Bryan Colangelo take back Laker junk? Will the Lakers give Bosh a max contract? If not, then they're giving up Bynum to rent Bosh for a few months.

milkshakeballa
01-12-2010, 02:00 AM
I'm not going to ESPN tradechecker because I don't give a fuck.

Why does Bryan Colangelo take back Laker junk? Will the Lakers give Bosh a max contract? If not, then they're giving up Bynum to rent Bosh for a few months.

Take back Laker junk? Give me a better offer...give me one single better offer a team could offer for Bosh you piece of fuck.

Yes..if the Lakers make the trade they will extend Bosh...Jerry buss isn't as dumb to trade Bynum for 5 months of Bosh dickhead. The end.

iggypop123
01-12-2010, 02:02 AM
bynum is buss' son handpicked guy. he is giving him the franchise soon. doubt he approves of this.

Findog
01-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Take back Laker junk? Give me a better offer...give me one single better offer a team could offer for Bosh you piece of fuck.

Wow, you're awfully amped up over a fake, made-up trade. U mad? Did granny not buy you a lapdance today? :lol

Yes..if the Lakers make the trade they will extend Bosh...Jerry buss isn't as dumb to trade Bynum for 5 months of Bosh dickhead. The end.

And Bryan Colangelo isn't dumb enough to give away his All Star big for 3 years of Andrew Bynum for $45 million.

milkshakeballa
01-12-2010, 02:07 AM
Wow, you're awfully amped up over a fake, made-up trade. U mad? Did granny not buy you a lapdance today? :lol

And Bryan Colangelo isn't dumb enough to give away his All Star big for 3 years of Andrew Bynum for $45 million.

#1 - Trolled....lolumad?

#2-So he is going to let him walk for nothing?

:p::p::p:

milkshakeballa
01-12-2010, 02:11 AM
bynum is buss' son handpicked guy. he is giving him the franchise soon. doubt he approves of this.

Though Jim hasn't...majority of the Laker brass has soured on Bynum and his attitude. And a move like this AWLAYS comes down to Mitch and Jerry. Jim will have his say but you better believe if they can turn Bynum into Bosh....it will PROBABLY be done.

The biggest factor in this is most def. the $$$$ Bosh is going to want and to sell him on 2/3 fiddle. Those are the questions that need to be answered. I'm sure the laker brass is sending out feelers to Bosh and to see what he is receptive too at this veyr moment.

One problem they are anticipating is when they have to try and resign him. Not many casual fans are aware but Bynum agent is David Lee....and him and th Lakers have an incrdibly strained relationship. He is also the agent of Trevor Ariza so he is going to have even more of an axe to grind with Mitch and the FO (Ariza/Artest). He is unprofessional and petty and the Lakers qutie frankly don't know what to expect from him in negotiations in the future.

Findog
01-12-2010, 02:13 AM
#2-So he is going to let him walk for nothing?

Maybe. His job is on the line and most GMs in that position will make short-term deals at the expense of long-term planning to improve the roster in order to convince Bosh to stay. They want to keep their jobs. I also have a hard time accepting that somebody with his history with the Phoenix Suns franchise will want to assist the Lakers with getting another championship.

Plus, if he waits until summer, he can deal Bosh in a S&T to a team that is over the cap. If Bosh refuses to cooperate, he can only go to a team that is under, and he'd be walking into a situation that is no better than what he has in Toronto. The Knicks are not going to be able to get under the cap to offer up two max contracts, which is what it would take for Bosh to go there - the assurances that he wouldn't be the only star coming. Besides, Bosh is not a max player.

Findog
01-12-2010, 02:14 AM
majority of the Laker brass has soured on Bynum and his attitude.

And the Raptors are just dying to pick that up for 3 years and the $45 million he has left on his deal?

namlook
01-12-2010, 02:18 AM
And the Raptors are just dying to pick that up for 3 years and the $45 million he has left on his deal?

Bynum would be much more successful and probably happier as the primary offensive option and he's certainly capable of putting up 25 and 10 within the next couple years.

Findog
01-12-2010, 02:21 AM
Bynum would be much more successful and probably happier as the primary offensive option and he's certainly capable of putting up 25 and 10 within the next couple years.

The hell he is.

BadOdor
01-12-2010, 02:23 AM
You don't build around a player that needs "certain" conditions like bynum does.... What kind of player only plays D and grand boards when he gets the touches? Bynum is a lazy injury prone bum. It boils my blood to know that he basically told kareem that he didn't need his services anymore.....he should have been on his knees sucking kareem's dick, if that what it took for him to teach him some moves. That being said, Bosh is not a franchise guy either - he's basically a Pau - a great second fiddle on the right team.

namlook
01-12-2010, 02:23 AM
The hell he is.

He definitely a 20 and 10 player right now if a team makes him the primary option. 25 ppg is well within his reach.

namlook
01-12-2010, 02:26 AM
You don't build around a player that needs "certain" conditions like bynum does.... What kind of player only plays D and grand boards when he gets the touches?

Is this a setup?

Maybe you weren't around when Shaq said "if the dog doesn't get fed the house doesn't get guarded." LOL.

BadOdor
01-12-2010, 02:27 AM
Is this a setup?

Maybe you weren't around when Shaq said "if the dog doesn't get fed the house doesn't get guarded." LOL.

I knew some dumb-shit would bring HOF and top 5 big man ever shaq. Son, tell me you didn't just compare shaq to bynum.

namlook
01-12-2010, 02:29 AM
I knew some dumb-shit would bring HOF and top 5 big man ever shaq. Son, tell me you didn't just compare shaq to bynum.

You asked a question and got the answer you didn't like huh? :lol

Don't ask the question next time.

BadOdor
01-12-2010, 02:31 AM
You asked a question and got the answer you didn't like huh? :lol

Don't ask the question next time.

lol comparing bynum to shaq.

namlook
01-12-2010, 02:34 AM
lol comparing bynum to shaq.

No one compared Bynum to Shaq. You asked a question and it got answered dipshit.

What kind of player only plays D and grand boards when he gets the touches?

A: Shaq

DOH!!!!

BadOdor
01-12-2010, 02:37 AM
No one compared Bynum to Shaq. You asked a question and it got answered dipshit.

What kind of player only plays D and grand boards when he gets the touches?

A: Shaq

DOH!!!!

are you the guy who said pippen was considered the best in the game at one point? lol comparing bynum to shaq lol pippen mvp

namlook
01-12-2010, 02:43 AM
are you the guy who said pippen was considered the best in the game at one point? lol comparing bynum to shaq lol pippen mvp

I never said that. Other people did. Post again when you get your reading comprehension above that of a 5 year old.

21_Blessings
01-12-2010, 03:00 AM

All-Star that is leading the Raptors to one of the worst defenses of all time. Bosh is way more overrated than Bynum ever has been. People have been putting that guy in Lebron, Wade tier for years when he is nowhere close that it.

Bynum would easily be an All-Star East and he would be one out West if he remained the Lakers 2nd option instead of taking a step back for Pau.

21_Blessings
01-12-2010, 03:11 AM
Maybe. His job is on the line and most GMs in that position will make short-term deals at the expense of long-term planning to improve the roster in order to convince Bosh to stay. They want to keep their jobs. I also have a hard time accepting that somebody with his history with the Phoenix Suns franchise will want to assist the Lakers with getting another championship.

Lakers are winning a championship with or without Bosh. He makes the Lakers a much worse defensive team and while only giving them a minimal, less efficient upgrade on offense.

Plus, if he waits until summer, he can deal Bosh in a S&T to a team that is over the cap. If Bosh refuses to cooperate, he can only go to a team that is under, and he'd be walking into a situation that is no better than what he has in Toronto. The Knicks are not going to be able to get under the cap to offer up two max contracts, which is what it would take for Bosh to go there - the assurances that he wouldn't be the only star coming. Besides, Bosh is not a max player.

Sign and trades can get fucked up in a million other ways as it relies on multiple players and agents cooperating. A player can fail a physical and ruin the entire deal. Bosh most likely will go to a team that is under the cap and Raptors end up with nothing. Colangelo would trade for Bynum instantly if it was actually real.

21_Blessings
01-12-2010, 03:14 AM

3 years 45 million is a great deal for a 22 year old 7 footer that plays good post defense and can average 20/10+ when given at least 15 shots a game.

21_Blessings
01-12-2010, 03:22 AM
Bynum shitting all over Bosh. http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200811300LAL.html :lol

And yes Bynum was guarding Bosh when they were on the court.

mavs>spurs2
01-12-2010, 04:22 AM
Lakers are winning a championship with or without Bosh. He makes the Lakers a much worse defensive team and while only giving them a minimal, less efficient upgrade on offense.

Sign and trades can get fucked up in a million other ways as it relies on multiple players and agents cooperating. A player can fail a physical and ruin the entire deal. Bosh most likely will go to a team that is under the cap and Raptors end up with nothing. Colangelo would trade for Bynum instantly if it was actually real.

You're not intelligent enough to post toward Findog directly. I'm not trying to be mean but you simply lack the intelligence to be considered on a guy like Findog's level. It's an insult to see you coming at him with your inferior intellect and ideas which reflect heavily in your posts. From now on, post to me and I'll relay the message to Fin like an interpreter.

Ghazi
01-12-2010, 04:31 AM
All-Star that is leading the Raptors to one of the worst defenses of all time. Bosh is way more overrated than Bynum ever has been. People have been putting that guy in Lebron, Wade tier for years when he is nowhere close that it.

Bynum would easily be an All-Star East and he would be one out West if he remained the Lakers 2nd option instead of taking a step back for Pau.

I dont think anyones ever put Bosh in that tier.

21_Blessings
01-12-2010, 04:37 AM
I dont think anyones ever put Bosh in that tier.

He signed the exact same deal as Lebron and Wade. And he's usually mentioned as one of thecenterpieces of the 2010 sweepstakes discussion along with Wade and Bron while guys like Dirk ( I do realize he has a player option here) are rarely mentioned.

Also, Colangelo specifically wanted Bynum at the Team USA tryout camp before drew pulled out due to injury. So he obviously likes Bynum as a player.

mavs>spurs2
01-12-2010, 05:36 AM
He signed the exact same deal as Lebron and Wade. And he's usually mentioned as one of thecenterpieces of the 2010 sweepstakes discussion along with Wade and Bron while guys like Dirk ( I do realize he has a player option here) are rarely mentioned.

Also, Colangelo specifically wanted Bynum at the Team USA tryout camp before drew pulled out due to injury. So he obviously likes Bynum as a player.

Every time you post towards a poster in blue you're being disrespectful. Know your role

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-12-2010, 06:57 AM
+ Sources from both the Los Angeles Lakers and the Toronto Raptors insist there have been no talks between the two clubs regarding an Andrew Bynum-for-Chris Bosh swap.

The Lakers view the 22-year-old Bynum as a key building block and a player whose best years are ahead of him. And Toronto has thus far been steadfast in its stance not to entertain trading Bosh this season.

Sources say the Raptors will not consider moving Bosh before next month's trade deadline unless Bosh tells them he definitely will not return to Toronto next season.

Toronto's Plan A has always been to re-sign Bosh. However, in considering all possibilities, the club has had internal discussions about Plans B and C, which would include trying to get as good a big man as possible for Bosh (if re-signing him was out of the question).

Obviously, Bynum would fit the bill. Still, for now, put this one in the category of fantasy.

Yet another bunch of bullshit from makeitupshakeballa. :rolleyes

Findog
01-12-2010, 09:54 AM
People have been putting that guy in Lebron, Wade tier for years when he is nowhere close that it.

Who has been doing that? That's preposterous.

Bynum would easily be an All-Star East and he would be one out West if he remained the Lakers 2nd option instead of taking a step back for Pau

He's also inconsistent, injury-prone, hyper-obsessed with how many touches he gets and an iffy attitude to boot. All that and more for 3 years and $45 million after this season.

Findog
01-12-2010, 10:01 AM

Probably so, but if this is true, then the Lakers FO obviously likes the idea of going forward with Gasol/Bosh over Gasol/Bynum. It's not just about the 2009-10 season. I have a hard time seeing Colangelo sending Bosh to the Lakers. I agree that for this season only I'd prefer the Gasol/Bynum combo because it's a more balanced lineup. But the Lakers could always go out and get a serviceable defensive big to complement Gasol/Bosh in the offseason.

The Rockets can put together a pretty good proposal themselves:

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100108-09/houston-rockets-join-chris-bosh-chase

Findog
01-12-2010, 10:03 AM

That doesn't mean knowledgeable NBA observers put him in LeBron and Wade's class. Any team that trades for him before the summer will inherit his Bird rights and have to be willing to give him the max to keep him, and I just don't think he's a max player.

21_Blessings
01-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Who has been doing that? That's preposterous.

The media and it's been going on for years. They were hyping for MVP only a couple seasons ago. He got the exact same deal as Bron, Wade and is looking for a max contract (and he'll get it most likley) that he obviously isn't worth.

He's also inconsistent, injury-prone,

Bynum had two flukey knee injuries which were caused by his teammates. 22 years of age. Way early to call to him injury prone. He's no Eric Dampier, that's for sure.

hyper-obsessed with how many touches he gets and an iffy attitude to boot.

Ignorant, inaccurate opinion from a guy that knows nothing about the Lakers. Bynum's been mature for his age considering how he handled Kobe throwing him under the bus along with most of the LA sports media..He scores as efficiently as anyone on the Lakers and he hasn't said one word about his obvious lack of touches.

All that and more for 3 years and $45 million after this season.

3 years 45 million and a team option on the last year is a good contract for a 20/10 big man with the potential to be even better. And 20/10+ is exactly what Bynum would be posting on a franchise like Toronto featuring as the number 1 option.

21_Blessings
01-12-2010, 10:23 AM
That doesn't mean knowledgeable NBA observers put him in LeBron and Wade's class. Any team that trades for him before the summer will inherit his Bird rights and have to be willing to give him the max to keep him, and I just don't think he's a max player.

But they have put him in their tier in years past. 06/07 he was the exact same player that never plays good defense in a shitty conference and he came in 7th in MVP shares. I don't think he's a max contract guy either but he's going to get one most likely.

21_Blessings
01-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Probably so, but if this is true, then the Lakers FO obviously likes the idea of going forward with Gasol/Bosh over Gasol/Bynum.

It's not true though. Peter Vescey comes out with retarded trade rumors every season about the Lakers. You do realize it came from the New York Post, right? And lik I said if the Lakers were willing ship Bynum for Bosh it would have happened already.

t's not just about the 2009-10 season. I have a hard time seeing Colangelo sending Bosh to the Lakers. I agree that for this season only I'd prefer the Gasol/Bynum combo because it's a more balanced lineup. But the Lakers could always go out and get a serviceable defensive big to complement Gasol/Bosh in the offseason.

Colangelo would be retarded not to trade Bosh for Bynum. He won't be seeing a better deal than that and it would be a deal that could save his job consideirng Bynum's upside. Team option on Bynum's contract makes it attractive and way easier to move in the event he didn't work out.

Serviceable defensive big, like who? Theory craft is fun and all but the Lakers would have nothing but the MLE to use and would be paying like 130 million in taxes after Bosh leverages his way to a max deal.

The Rockets can put together a pretty good proposal themselves:

Toronto is utterly lacking a center because Bargs is nowhere near a real one. Bynum + filler would a better deal than Houston's. Scola is a free agent and he's going to be looking for Lamar Odom money or possibly more. You would have to rely on a sign and trade happening which is nowhere close to a sure thing.

monosylab1k
01-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Why include Bynum? They're the Lakers, just trade Vujacic & Adam Morrison for Bosh.

TheManFromAcme
01-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Why include Bynum? They're the Lakers, just trade Vujacic & Adam Morrison for Bosh.

:lol

TheManFromAcme
01-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Drew isn't going anywhere. The important core to this team is still Kobe, Pau, Odom and Drew. The nucleus if you will. The hopes of hoisting more banners and lifting more :lobt: rests on these 4 guys.

Insane thought if you ask me. :downspin:

TheMACHINE
01-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Anyone know bynums averages when Gasol is in the lineup this year?

The Gemini Method
01-12-2010, 12:09 PM

pu*sy numbers...

Findog
01-12-2010, 12:19 PM
But they have put him in their tier in years past. 06/07 he was the exact same player that never plays good defense in a shitty conference and he came in 7th in MVP shares. I don't think he's a max contract guy either but he's going to get one most likely.

Then you would have to agree that it's the Lakers who don't want to do this deal. They're too smart to shell out that kind of cash for Bosh with the team that they already have.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-12-2010, 12:25 PM

The only thing I know about that is Bynum has not had one double figure rebounding night with Gasol in the lineup.

The Gemini Method
01-12-2010, 12:27 PM
The only thing I know about that is Bynum has not had one double figure rebounding night with Gasol in the lineup.

He finally had his first double-double in 80 years on Sunday...I don't know why he doesn't man th fuck up and go nuts when Gasol is in the line-up. For that reason, I'm actually all for a Bosh-Bynum trade. If he somehow changes course when Pau gets back, then I would be hesitant to trade him.

hater
01-12-2010, 12:29 PM
I can see Bynum traded. But trading him for a Gasol clone would be pretty stupid, unless Gasol's injury is bad?

then trade Gasol for Bosch. fucking backstabing fakers

resistanze
01-12-2010, 12:30 PM
The media and it's been going on for years. They were hyping for MVP only a couple seasons ago. He got the exact same deal as Bron, Wade and is looking for a max contract (and he'll get it most likley) that he obviously isn't worth.
Um no. Bosh signed a four-year, 65 million dollar extension (player option in 4th year). Lebron and Wade signed three-year, 60 million extensions. If we assume he opts out after this season, he would've made about $43-44 million in the three years. Ironically, less the the three years left on Grampa Bynum's contract.

Bosh is a second option on a championship contender, no doubt about that. He's not worth max money but when LaMarcus Alrigde is getting 65 mil/5 years, Bynum's getting 58 mil/4 years, and Bogut's getting 60 mil/5 years, you best believe Bosh is gonna get paid.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-12-2010, 12:30 PM
He finally had his first double-double in 80 years on Sunday...I don't know why he doesn't man th fuck up and go nuts when Gasol is in the line-up. For that reason, I'm actually all for a Bosh-Bynum trade. If he somehow changes course when Pau gets back, then I would be hesitant to trade him.

Personally I wouldn't trade Bynum for Bosh. I think Bosh is a soft ass pussy who is overrated as fuck. As flawed as Bynum is Toronto wouldn't do any better than Bynum if they traded Bosh.

TheMACHINE
01-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Bynum cant play with Gasol. Period.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-12-2010, 12:38 PM

What is the Lakers' record when Gasol and Bynum have played this year.....exactly. If you think those two can't play together then you won't like Gasol and Bosh. Bynum gives them bulk inside, granted his defensive intensity isn't always there, he's never let a 37 year old Shaq drop 45 points.

hater
01-12-2010, 12:43 PM

and Bosch can?

resistanze
01-12-2010, 12:45 PM
What is the Lakers' record when Gasol and Bynum have played this year.....exactly. If you think those two can't play together then you won't like Gasol and Bosh. Bynum gives them bulk inside, granted his defensive intensity isn't always there, he's never let a 37 year old Shaq drop 45 points.

Yeah RuPaul got his ass owned there. I don't think it matters though whether they have Bynum/Bosh/Whogives a shit when gasol's there. I mean, they made it to the Finals without Bynum and won last year with a shitty, non-existent Bynum.

TheMACHINE
01-12-2010, 12:53 PM
and Bosch can?

Well lets find out.

TheMACHINE
01-12-2010, 12:55 PM

I'd play Gasol at center and Bosh at PF. Its not like Bynum was grabbing rebounds when Gasol was around.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-12-2010, 12:57 PM
I'd play Gasol at center and Bosh at PF. Its not like Bynum was grabbing rebounds when Gasol was around.

Yeah but he was defending the other team's best big and allowing Pau to focus more on pick and roll D. Just my view that that trade makes LA the same soft team that got reamed by Boston in 2008, I could be wrong though.

TheMACHINE
01-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Yeah but he was defending the other team's best big and allowing Pau to focus more on pick and roll D. Just my view that that trade makes LA the same soft team that got reamed by Boston in 2008, I could be wrong though.

Well in Boston 2008...bynum was nowhere to be seen...i figured Bosh would atleast show up even a little bit. lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Well in Boston 2008...bynum was nowhere to be seen...i figured Bosh would atleast show up even a little bit. lol

Yeah it could very well make LA better.....just my personal opinion it's not a risk worth taking. Even with their recent struggles LA is still the favorite.

TheMACHINE
01-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Yeah it could very well make LA better.....just my personal opinion it's not a risk worth taking. Even with their recent struggles LA is still the favorite.

im also considering bynums injury problems. Plus i like Pau at center and someone like odom or Bosh playing the high.

My Fault
01-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Bynum for Bosh is laughable... Don't get me wrong, I truly believe Bynum could be one of the top centers in the league. Right now the only thing holding him back is having is touches and motivation. However, you have to look at right now and Bosh has shown more talent and most teams will give more to obtain him.

21_Blessings
01-12-2010, 04:10 PM
im also considering bynums injury problems. Plus i like Pau at center and someone like odom or Bosh playing the high.

What about Pau Gasol's injury problems? Hamstring problems linger for a long time and are an indicator of a player's body breaking down due to too much activity. Do you think your Medial Collateral Ligament could withstand 220 pounds of Kobe Bryant flying into the your knee? Think about that for a second. There was absolutely nothing Bynum could have done to prevent him from tearing his MCL last season. It's called bad luck.

Gasol is almost 30. There is no way in hell he can sustain a heavy number of minutes at center year in and year out. You guys underrate the fact that Bynum allows Pau a breather on defense and offense when he's matching up with other team's biggest and most physical post-player for most of the first 3 quarters. Allowing for fresh Pau Gasol in the 4th quarter.

Bynum has the ability to put up close to 20 and 10 as the 2nd option on the team with the best record in the NBA. Who cares if his production goes down when Pau Gasol is playing 36 minutes night? YOu do realize the Lakers are the best rebounding team in the league, right? It's pretty hilarious how Laker fans expect Bynum to grab 12 boards a game when he's sharing them with two other good rebounding 7 footers (Pau and Lamar) and Kobe Bryant/Ron Artest (both ferocious rebounders for their position).

End of the day it does not matter which player on your team grabs that defensive rebound as long as it ends up in your team's possession.

The Franchise
01-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Toronto isn't stupid enough to trade Bosh for Bynum. There's no upside or flexibility in that trade at all.

21_Blessings
01-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Well in Boston 2008...bynum was nowhere to be seen...

Pau was nowhere to be seen in 2008 finals either. Perkins made him his bitch. If Bynum was playing that series Perkins would have been matching up with Bynum instead of Gasol. Which means KG would be guarding Pau instead of soft-zoning Kobe all game due to Lamar not being able to hit a jump shot.

21_Blessings
01-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Then you would have to agree that it's the Lakers who don't want to do this deal. They're too smart to shell out that kind of cash for Bosh with the team that they already have.

That's what I was basically saying. I don't see why the Lakers would be willing to make that trade. Lamar Odom is a poor man's Chris Bosh with better defense and doesn't need offensive touches . Bynum and Odom on the floor play well next each other and have displayed great chemistry lately.. What happens when the Lakers are forced to put Bosh and Odom out there together? Neither of those two can play center against bigger guys.

21_Blessings
01-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Um no. Bosh signed a four-year, 65 million dollar extension (player option in 4th year). Lebron and Wade signed three-year, 60 million extensions.

Um no. Both Lebron and Wade have 4th year player options.

Bosh, Wade, Lebron are making about the same money this season and have the option for the same money next year. http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

TheManFromAcme
01-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Preach it 21, preach it!
You display some of the best knowledge I've seen in here.

Glad your of Laker lineage. :toast

DazedAndConfused
01-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Toronto isn't stupid enough to trade Bosh for Bynum. There's no upside or flexibility in that trade at all.

You apparently are stupid in that you don't realize Bosh is free to walk leaving Toronto with nothing if he wants to this summer. All signs are pointing to Bosh doing just that.

The best Toronto can do is try and deal Bosh now while his value is high and try and get something in return. Show me a better offer than Andrew Bynum.

djohn2oo8
01-12-2010, 04:56 PM
You apparently are stupid in that you don't realize Bosh is free to walk leaving Toronto with nothing if he wants to this summer. All signs are pointing to Bosh doing just that.

The best Toronto can do is try and deal Bosh now while his value is high and try and get something in return. Show me a better offer than Andrew Bynum.

I think what Kupchak is doing is smart, if he really offered Bynum for Bosh, he is trying to up the price for whatever other team wants to trade for him, but we are talking Toronto here. Last year, Toronto wanted Brooks, Landry, and McGrady for Bosh. I don't know who they are looking at now

Findog
01-12-2010, 05:00 PM

And where is he going to go? To a team that is under the cap and a situation that is no better than Toronto? He can also participate in a S&T to a contender. He has options beyond signing with another crappy team.

angelbelow
01-12-2010, 05:00 PM
If i were the Lakers' I would do this trade.

Andrew Bynum
01-12-2010, 05:04 PM
I hope this shit doesn't go down, it's fucking cold in Toronto. Plus once Pau comes back I can just go back to slacking off.

21_Blessings
01-12-2010, 05:05 PM
And where is he going to go? To a team that is under the cap and a situation that is no better than Toronto? He can also participate in a S&T to a contender. He has options beyond signing with another crappy team.

I don't know Fin, Toronto is not a NBA squad. They were built to play in the ACB.

What's so shitty about living on Miami beach while paying minimal income tax playing next to Dwayne Wade?

The Nets have a nice, young core. Lopez is an ideal type of center to mask Bosh's failures on the defensive end. Harris was born to be a third or 4th option..a role he excelled at in Dallas. What if they draft Wall?

Findog
01-12-2010, 05:07 PM
I don't know Fin, Toronto is not a NBA squad. They were built to play in the ACB.

What's so shitty about living on Miami beach while paying minimal income tax playing next to Dwayne Wade?

I was thinking Miami is his most likely destination since last I checked they are projected to be under the cap. But all three Texas teams have no state income tax. Bosh has said many times he doesn't want to play for Dallas because it's his home town, but I can see the Spurs and Rockets putting together a S&T proposal he might consider.

Allanon
01-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Bynum would average 100 points on the Raptors, Knicks, Suns.

The dude can score if you give him the touches.

21_Blessings
01-12-2010, 05:25 PM

When does your sig/avatar probation end :depressed

Brazil
01-12-2010, 05:26 PM

:lol 75 wins ecstasy

Allanon
01-12-2010, 05:27 PM
When does your sig/avatar probation end :depressed

It's already ended, just gotta make up a replacement.

21_Blessings
01-12-2010, 05:29 PM
^^

How bout' 15 :lobt:+ :lobt2: ecstasy. It's cumming.

Allanon
01-12-2010, 05:31 PM

Next time Lakers and Spurs play, let's do a sig bet. :lol

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't think Bynum would succeed in Toronto like he will in the future in LA..

Right now, he doesn't seem like a guy that can motivate himself or consistently play hard..I think this is obvious to anybody that watches him play..LA is a good place for him IMO..he's playing for a title contender/defending champions with guys like Kobe and Phil Jackson that can keep him motivated and hungry..

I think he would score very well in Toronto, but I think you would see a big dip in his motivation/work ethic/defense and rebounding..the Raptors are one of the least emotional and softest teams in the NBA..

Andrew Bynum
01-12-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't think Bynum would succeed in Toronto like he will in the future in LA..

Right now, he doesn't seem like a guy that can motivate himself or consistently play hard..I think this is obvious to anybody that watches him play..LA is a good place for him IMO..he's playing for a title contender/defending champions with guys like Kobe and Phil Jackson that can keep him motivated and hungry..

I think he would score very well in Toronto, but I think you would see a big dip in his motivation/work ethic/defense and rebounding..the Raptors are one of the least emotional and softest teams in the NBA..

How's the weather in NY, spurfan? :lmao

The Franchise
01-12-2010, 09:57 PM

You seem to be a little slow to not be able to understand that, if Toronto does that stupid shit they are officially making Bynum their franchise player (which is laughable at best). Now, please tell me why they would be that foolish? By making that trade what's in it for Toronto?