PDA

View Full Version : SA Tea Party event w/Palin & Perry cancelled

CubanMustGo
01-11-2010, 08:22 PM
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/politics/entries/2010/01/11/tea_party_event_with_perrypali.html

A San Antonio event that was slated to feature Gov. Rick Perry and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin later this month has been canceled.

The National Conservative Symposium was also supposed to feature conservative commentators Sean Hannity, Michelle Malkin and Laura Ingraham.

But a group called Tea Party Support, which is coordinating the event, has posted this message on its Web site: “Due to circumstances beyond the control of Tea Party Support, we are forced to cancel the National Conservative Symposium. More information will follow soon. Please check back. We have started processing refunds.”

The event was scheduled for Jan. 22-24.

Perry spokesman Mark Miner could not immediately be reached for comment. Perry’s campaign has long counted on an appearance with Palin in the weeks leading up to his March 2 primary challenge from U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, so expect his team to find another opportunity to showcase Palin’s endorsement.

According to a December story from the San Antonio Express-News, “The National Conservative Symposium promises to be a coming-out party for Tea Party Support. It’s a splinter group formed by former members of the San Antonio Tea Party, the organization that hosted a large Alamo Plaza protest rally — headlined by Fox News talk host Glenn Beck and rock guitarist Ted Nugent — in April. Matt Perdue, San Antonio Tea Party’s former president, left the group two months ago, arguing that it suffered from a lack of financial transparency. Julia Hayden, media representative for the San Antonio Tea Party, explained the split by saying Perdue did not share her organization’s mission.”

The Express-News reported that Perry was going to introduce Palin on Jan. 24.

clambake
01-11-2010, 08:35 PM
lol "National Conservative Symposium".

Nbadan
01-12-2010, 12:45 AM
It's funny what passes for a conservative these days - just further proof that the GOP is done...

DMX7
01-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Oh, how sad....

Winehole23
01-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Let me be blunt: charging people $500.00 plus the costs of travel and lodging to go to a “National Tea Party Convention” run by a for profit group no one has ever heard of sounds as credible as an email from Nigeria promising me a million bucks if I fork over my bank account number.http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/01/11/im-afraid-sarah-palin-might-be-ruining-herself-unintentionally/

Marcus Bryant
01-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Wouldn't be America without someone trying to make a $.

Winehole23
01-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Caveat emptor (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/caveat%20emptor).

EVAY
01-12-2010, 11:04 AM
I wonder if it is related to Palin's new job...it would, of course, be shocking, SHOCKING for Palin to have promised to do something which she later discards.

George Gervin's Afro
01-12-2010, 11:13 AM
I wonder if it is related to Palin's new job...it would, of course, be shocking, SHOCKING for Palin to have promised to do something which she later discards.

that would make her a liar. according to the dead enders, if a person makes a satement or commitment and then changes their mind later they are liars. plain and simple.

EmptyMan
01-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I was going to get a group together and make the 10+ hour drive down while rooming in a local packed to the rim hotel. :depressed

oh wait. I don't do that for politicians lolololol

jack sommerset
01-12-2010, 12:24 PM
that would make her a liar. according to the dead enders, if a person makes a satement or commitment and then changes their mind later they are liars. plain and simple.

why do u defend one liar over another?

Barry O'Bama
01-12-2010, 12:29 PM
it would, of course, be shocking, SHOCKING for Barry to have promised to do something which she later discards.

Sounds like me eh?

Winehole23
01-12-2010, 12:30 PM
why do u defend one liar over another?My guess would be aesthetics rather than reason. Reason mostly comes in ex post facto (http://topics.law.cornell.edu/wex/ex_post_facto) and tidies up. Taste decides.

jack sommerset
01-12-2010, 12:32 PM
My guess would be aesthetics rather than reason. Reason mostly comes in ex post facto (http://topics.law.cornell.edu/wex/ex_post_facto) and tidies up. Taste decides.

my guess, he is an obama kool aid drinker.

Winehole23
01-12-2010, 12:38 PM
my guess, he is an obama kool aid drinker.There's no accounting for taste.

jack sommerset
01-12-2010, 12:53 PM
There's no accounting for taste.

Drinking too much can lead to bad judgement which Geroge has clearly done. He needs a intervention.

George Gervin's Afro
01-12-2010, 01:10 PM
why do u defend one liar over another?

you said you'd vote for her so please stop with the obama lying thing.. and I need the intervention..:lmao

jack sommerset
01-12-2010, 02:16 PM
you said you'd vote for her so please stop with the obama lying thing.. and I need the intervention..:lmao

Yes you do. I said I would vote for anyone the repugs put on the ballot over the biggest liar in American political history, Obama. Don't forget to leave that little nugget out next time.

I know you don't understand that there are levels of lies. I know you don't understand why so many people that voted for Obama now have buyers remorse. I know you don't believe and/or understand why Obamas approval rating has reached record low numbers for any president in our history his first year in office. I know you don't understand why blaming Bush is no longer making headlines. I honestly can't help you with all this.

Obama is killing our country with his lies. War,healthcare,C-Span,transparency,earmarks,etc,etc,etc....I can go on and on.

You jump on your soap box comparing Perry/Palin not attending a tea party in SA as the same. I can't help you with that.

You have tried your best to make me or anyone who reads your bullshit that it's ok for politicians to lie and every lie they make are the same. They are not. You just don't get it.

George Gervin's Afro
01-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Yes you do. I said I would vote for anyone the repugs put on the ballot over the biggest liar in American political history, Obama. Don't forget to leave that little nugget out next time.

I know you don't understand that there are levels of lies. I know you don't understand why so many people that voted for Obama now have buyers remorse. I know you don't believe and/or understand why Obamas approval rating has reached record low numbers for any president in our history his first year in office. I know you don't understand why blaming Bush is no longer making headlines. I honestly can't help you with all this.

Obama is killing our country with his lies. War,healthcare,C-Span,transparency,earmarks,etc,etc,etc....I can go on and on.

You jump on your soap box comparing Perry/Palin not attending a tea party in SA as the same. I can't help you with that.

You have tried your best to make me or anyone who reads your bullshit that it's ok for politicians to lie and every lie they make are the same. They are not. You just don't get it.

Oh ok, now there are varying levels of lies...

jack sommerset
01-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Oh ok, now there are varying levels of lies...

Always has been. Truth be told, I said 6-7-8 months ago that Obama is the biggest liar I have ever seen. It's true. You took exception to that. For months you want to compare a lie to a lie as if they are the same. You want to say "he changed his mind" "That was a campaign promise" "All politicians lie" That's on you. Never holding Obama accountable. Instead you want to troll the boards talking nonsense, defending your man.

If you knew a name of a repug that told his kids Santa was real, you would make the argument that Obama telling the country there would be no earmarks in this stimulus bill were one in the same. All politicians lie. That is what you are doing. Again, I can't help you with your thinking. You are standing by your man through thick and thin. Too much kool aid. It is what it is.

EVAY
01-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Sounds like me eh?

I'm all for free speech and all, but I sure don't like something being attributed as a quote from me that is not.