PDA

View Full Version : The one thing Spurs fans dont want to contemplate....

phyzik
01-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Are we missing Bonner yet?

this is a serious question....

Would the Sandwich King have made any difference in our losses since he has been out?

Seriously... does anyone have numbers on this? Does Bonner really affect how this team plays?

I'm not for or against Bonner, I'd trade him in a heartbeat if it betters the team, but how do we stack up with and without him?

objective
01-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Spurs have a better record this year without him, percentage wise of games with vs. games without.

Chomag
01-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Spurs lost games with him. I think having him now wouldn't make a difference in our record.

benefactor
01-11-2010, 08:47 PM
He was contributing at a high level until he got hurt. One thing is for sure...Bonner>>>small ball.

phyzik
01-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Spurs have a better record this year without him, percentage wise of games with vs. games without.

True, but I dont think thats directly related with Bonner being out. I guess the only way we will be able to tell is how good/bad the team is when Bonner gets back.

his 3pt% cant be ignored.

objective
01-11-2010, 08:52 PM
the team lost against good teams with Bonner, lost against good teams without him.

It's incredible that the Spurs won 4 titles without the Prince of Plus-Minus in the rotation. I wonder how they managed.

TinTin
01-11-2010, 08:55 PM
He was contributing at a high level until he got hurt. One thing is for sure...Bonner>>>small ball.

god man, if I see jefferson at the 4, just wow

ElNono
01-11-2010, 08:55 PM

When he's getting over 3 rebounds, sure... otherwise, it's pretty much the same thing...

Chomag
01-11-2010, 09:03 PM

Well Bonner does play more like a small forward or guard then he does as a big

DAF86
01-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Bonner>>>small ball.

IMO it's the same thing.

itzsoweezee
01-11-2010, 09:05 PM
not missing him at all. good riddance. if the spurs are trading anyone away to save money, it should be bonner or finley, or both.

benefactor
01-11-2010, 09:11 PM
When he's getting over 3 rebounds, sure... otherwise, it's pretty much the same thing...
I know you hate him. If you look at my posts from last season, I hated him too. I had more than my share of arguments with z0sa about his uselessness. But none of that changes the fact that he has played well off the bench this year.

BTW, he is averaging 4.5 boards per game...so he get's more than 3 more often than not.

Obstructed_View
01-11-2010, 09:12 PM

This.

Bonner's value very early on as a Spur was for his energy off the bench. He's come back to provide that since he was moved out of the starting lineup. There can never be too many energy guys, and when Bonner's fighting for rebounds and hustling, he helps the team tremendously.

benefactor
01-11-2010, 09:14 PM
IMO it's the same thing.
Last time we played Dallas...he had 11pts, 10reb and went 3-4 from distance. So no, it's not the same thing.

HarlemHeat37
01-11-2010, 09:35 PM
I want to trade Bonner for a legit big since he's an expiring contract that could be package, but I disagree with those that don't think he can help the team..Bonner as a bench player was having a good season, and he can always spark the team with his 3-point shooting when we need it..it doesn't hurt to have a guy like that on the team..

honestfool84
01-11-2010, 09:37 PM
It's incredible that the Spurs won 4 titles without the Prince of Plus-Minus in the rotation. I wonder how they managed.

Bonner was actually on the 2007 championship squad.

benefactor
01-11-2010, 09:40 PM
I want to trade Bonner for a legit big since he's an expiring contract that could be package, but I disagree with those that don't think he can help the team..Bonner as a bench player was having a good season, and he can always spark the team with his 3-point shooting when we need it..it doesn't hurt to have a guy like that on the team..
:tu

DAF86
01-11-2010, 09:56 PM

I agree, but he shouldn't play a crucial part on this team's success.

objective
01-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Bonner was actually on the 2007 championship squad.

you didn't read closely.

Bonner wasn't in the rotation, just like I wrote.

ElNono
01-11-2010, 10:11 PM
I know you hate him.

I really, really, do not. I don't think highly of his defense at all, but that doesn't mean I hate him.

If you look at my posts from last season, I hated him too. I had more than my share of arguments with z0sa about his uselessness. But none of that changes the fact that he has played well off the bench this year.

He has played well off the bench. Even in nights where he sucks, you can't argue that the guy played hard and left it all out there.

BTW, he is averaging 4.5 boards per game...so he get's more than 3 more often than not.

He had a nice stretch early in the season, and then he disappeared for the big games, IIRC. Not that Dice was much different.

I can see Matt being a situational big, a la Theo... when you need a scoring punch from downtown... for regular rotation minutes, I rather go with a better rebounder/shot blocker big man...

vander
01-11-2010, 10:16 PM

that's about to change drastically

Spurs have no shot this year without Bonner

sananspursfan21
01-11-2010, 10:59 PM
love his offense, hate his sissy defense. i think if pop sent this guy to boot camp or something, he'd come back hard nosed as ever

JR3
01-11-2010, 11:05 PM
I have thought about it before.. And I didn't miss him... now that several games have gone by, I STILL don't miss him.

Sean Cagney
01-11-2010, 11:08 PM

Closes thread with that alone! A BIG HELL NO TO THIS THREAD!

angelbelow
01-11-2010, 11:11 PM
I don't think hes a difference maker. It's nice to have his ability and another big but I don't see his contributions putting us over the top.

wildbill2u
01-12-2010, 12:34 AM
With Bonner out it exposes the prolems with Dice. Dice plays better off the bench but had been penciled in as a starter when signed. too much was expected of Dice.

He probably can't play a starter's minutes any more and is better matched up against the other team's bench players than their starter at this stage of his career.

slick'81
01-12-2010, 01:07 AM
do i miss him no but he hasnt played bad this year so he couldnt hurt right

rayray2k8
01-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Missing who?

4down
01-12-2010, 01:15 AM
Are we missing Bonner yet?

this is a serious question....

Would the Sandwich King have made any difference in our losses since he has been out?

Seriously... does anyone have numbers on this? Does Bonner really affect how this team plays?

I'm not for or against Bonner, I'd trade him in a heartbeat if it betters the team, but how do we stack up with and without him?

Dude the Sandwich King is good - awesome cheese steak if you're in H town