PDA

View Full Version : LOL Boston announcers

PGDynasty24
01-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Like they maybe the worst announcers I have ever heard in my life. Like they believe everything that goes against the celtics is wrong. That old Guy Tom is easily the most ridiculous color commentator ever,as the game ends he goes "This is the worst officiating game I have ever heard in my life. The referees clearly stole this game from Boston."

IronMexican
01-11-2010, 10:06 PM
:rollin but, but, but, but he is an NBA legend!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2010, 10:08 PM
:rollin but, but, but, but he is an NBA legend!

Yeah back when basketball was considered a white people sport.

Fpoonsie
01-11-2010, 10:10 PM
On NBATV's Game Time, Barry (when discussing the flagrant foul): "Strangely enough, Tommy Heinsohn didn't agree with the call."

:lol

djohn2oo8
01-11-2010, 10:18 PM
like the time when Violet Palmer was reffing a game, one of the announcers said "she should get back to the kitchen, where she belongs"

balli
01-11-2010, 10:19 PM
They need to can his ass. He's been terrible ever since I started getting League Pass in '04, but tonight was something else.

Look at the Jazz and Hot Rod Hundley... Laker and Jazz announcing legend, but once his senile, drunken ass couldn't handle it anymore, the Jazz did what needed to be done. I'd like the Celtics to do the same. I won't watch them until they do.

What sucks is that The Hawks have always had really good announcers. Smitty and now Wilk... too bad NBATV went with Boston and/or ATL didn't telecast the game tonight.

iggypop123
01-11-2010, 10:21 PM
like the time when Violet Palmer was reffing a game, one of the announcers said "she should get back to the kitchen, where she belongs"

as much as i despise the guy it was actually Cedric Maxwell who said that

mogrovejo
01-11-2010, 10:23 PM
They need to can his ass. He's been terrible ever since I started getting League Pass in '04, but tonight was something else.

Look at the Jazz and Hot Rod Hundley... Laker and Jazz announcing legend, but once his senile, drunken ass couldn't handle it anymore, the Jazz did what needed to be done. I'd like the Celtics to do the same. I won't watch them until they do.

What sucks is that The Hawks have always had really good announcers. Smitty and now Wilk... too bad NBATV went with Boston and/or ATL didn't telecast the game tonight.

Not happening. Suck it up. Nobody cares about your opinion.

j.dizzle
01-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Sons nuttin new here..Tommy just talking as if he was drinking scotch before the game like usual..Sometimes I wonder if announcers like Boston, blazers etc know they are on Live fuckin TV..ridiculous how hard it is to watch a game listening to a non stop bitch fit.

hitmanyr2k
01-11-2010, 10:27 PM
That's just typical Tommy Heineken. I don't think there's another announcer in the NBA who talks out of his ass as much as drunken Tom.

balli
01-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Nobody cares about your opinion.
FYI. Everybody on this forum and the NBA's own TV station has one opinion. Everybody but you.

mogrovejo
01-11-2010, 10:32 PM
FYI. Everybody on this forum and the NBA's own TV station has one opinion. Everybody but you.

Again, nobody cares. Boston fans love Tommy. He doesn't work for NBA TV. Suck it up already and stop bitching.

IronMexican
01-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Suck it up already and stop bitching.

That's perfect advice.

mogrovejo, please stop bitching.

sook
01-11-2010, 10:37 PM
lol i was just about to make this thread after seeing the game on NBATV.

The guy is an absolute fucking moron, and his stupidity was so blatant, i don't understand how the other guy commentating with him keeps his sanity. After every fucking call against the C's he starts bitching and at the end he talks about the game being stolen away.

I've heard C fans sick of him so theyh should deff can his ass.

DazedAndConfused
01-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Hands down worst announcer of any NBA team.

Waiting for him to just get drunk enough that he says something racist and gets banned permanently.

IronMexican
01-11-2010, 10:47 PM

Waiting for him to just get drunk enough that he says something racist and gets banned permanently.

In the city of Boston? He might earn a badge of honor. Unless he says something about a white guy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2010, 10:48 PM
:lmao Celticfan acting like he actually watched Heinsohn.

balli
01-11-2010, 10:48 PM

Damn dude. I haven't been in the NBA forum much at all lately, but it seems like ages since I've seen your ass. You been posting?

He did say that shit about Yao and chopsticks a couple years back, but we need something more blatant than that. Or a repeat incident of some sort.

DazedAndConfused
01-11-2010, 10:49 PM
In the city of Boston? He might earn a badge of honor. Unless he says something about a white guy.

If these broadcasts weren't nationwide then I'd agree, but the second he utters even the slightest racist comment his ass is grass.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
01-11-2010, 10:49 PM
That's perfect advice.

mogrovejo, please stop bitching.

BWHAHAHAHAHA

Lakers fan puts major ownage on Celtics fan. I guess Celtics fan listens to Heinsohn too much so bitching is the norm.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2010, 10:54 PM
In fairness to the Celtics franchise as a whole, they were the first NBA team with an all black starting lineup.

lil_penny
01-11-2010, 10:57 PM
so are these guy taking mike rices thrown?

iggypop123
01-11-2010, 11:11 PM
In fairness to the Celtics franchise as a whole, they were the first NBA team with an all black starting lineup.

i think he meant the city not the team. they were having riots for desegregating busses in the 70's.

http://mikeely.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/bostonbusing.jpg

people label Boston a racist city. in fact some sports writers theorized one reason KG was hesitant about joining the C's was this perception. i think he just wanted $$$

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2010, 11:15 PM
i think he meant the city not the team. they were having riots for desegregating busses in the 70's.

http://mikeely.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/bostonbusing.jpg

people label Boston a racist city. in fact some sports writers theorized one reason KG was hesitant about joining the C's was this perception. i think he just wanted $$$

Oh I'm aware of that, don't remind me. The only reason a 3 way trade that would have sent Marion to Boston and KG to Phoenix didn't go through was because Marion said he wouldn't sign a contract extension because of all the racism in Boston.

TheMACHINE
01-11-2010, 11:29 PM
i never heard these guys from Boston...is it really THAT bad?! Like would they rant about a call for a few minutes>?

Fpoonsie
01-11-2010, 11:32 PM
EjU3nvru9wA

Vid's kinda wonky, but you get the idea...:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-11-2010, 11:38 PM
EjU3nvru9wA

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I remember that game and I wish I heard it with that drunk idiot announcing :lmao

balli
01-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Like would they rant about a call for a few minutes>?Try the whole game. They're always bad, but tonight, literally after the Celtics were making baskets, rather than analyzing or celebrating the play, Heinsohn would be bitching that BOS somehow managed to score without the refs trying to screw them. Literally, ALL he talked about, the entire second half, was the refs. His ONLY analysis or comments for an entire half of basketball had to do with the refs. Zero, zilch about anything else.

It was about a somewhat poorly officiated game. No worse than plenty of others. He was entirely incapable of talking about anything else.

tlongII
01-11-2010, 11:41 PM
so are these guy taking mike rices thrown?

Mike Rice is a homer, but at least he's funny. At least I think so anyway.

baseline bum
01-11-2010, 11:49 PM
Great clip. Heinsohn is such a crybaby fuck. Man, I hated when the Spurs had a complete homer retarded play-by-play guy like Heinsohn (Joel Myers).

lil_penny
01-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Mike Rice is a homer, but at least he's funny. At least I think so anyway.

yea i think hes pretty funny also and has actually calmed down alot.. i like the hero shirts with his face on them:lol

lil_penny
01-11-2010, 11:52 PM
yea mike rice doesnt have shit on tommy lol

IronMexican
01-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Great clip. Heinsohn is such a crybaby fuck. Man, I hated when the Spurs had a complete homer retarded play-by-play guy like Heinsohn (Joel Myers).

He doesn't seem like too much of a homer now for the Lakers. He isn't good, though.

baseline bum
01-12-2010, 12:02 AM
He doesn't seem like too much of a homer now for the Lakers. He isn't good, though.

Yeah, I do think he has been much better since going to LA. As a Spurs announcer, he was awful though. He was Heinsohn minus the ignorant blowhard temper.

TheMACHINE
01-12-2010, 12:03 AM

im waiting for the day that Spero takes over.

PGDynasty24
01-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah, I do think he has been much better since going to LA. As a Spurs announcer, he was awful though. He was Heinsohn minus the ignorant blowhard temper.

I forgot he was a spurs announcer. He always speaks like he has been with the lakers since showtime era. Like he will be like "Oh the 80's,now those were the days". at least for the lakers he hasn't been a homer,but I don't like him. I'm waiting for our guy Spero to take over,he is soooo good.

Donkeybong
01-12-2010, 01:55 AM
EjU3nvru9wA

sook
01-12-2010, 02:46 AM
Try the whole game. They're always bad, but tonight, literally after the Celtics were making baskets, rather than analyzing or celebrating the play, Heinsohn would be bitching that BOS somehow managed to score without the refs trying to screw them. Literally, ALL he talked about, the entire second half, was the refs. His ONLY analysis or comments for an entire half of basketball had to do with the refs. Zero, zilch about anything else.

It was about a somewhat poorly officiated game. No worse than plenty of others. He was entirely incapable of talking about anything else.

yup, thats pretty much exactly how it was tonight, he's usually always bad but he it was just constant complaining the whole night and the whole "The reffs stole this game." I can't remember the last time i actually heard other commetators using reffs and stealing a game away. They say the calls are bad but this guy is a fucking loonatic. I get pissed when Bullard starts his homerism shit with the calls and whatnot, but this guy makes him look like a saint.

nkdlunch
01-12-2010, 11:20 AM
that senile old fuck needs to retire

Killakobe81
01-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Agree he sucks but Sean Elliott is only slightly better we alll know these guys root for the teams they cover ...but gosh try to have SOME journalistic objectivity. The guy with Elliott is cool ...

Double-Up
01-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Tommy Points!!!

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2010, 06:20 PM
NBA fans are really annoying..

Heinsohn is one of the most entertaining announcers in the NBA IMO..what's the point of having every announcer be boring and objective?..Heinsohn is biased as hell, which means he's doing his job in appealing to the Celtics fans..he's also really entertaining for outsiders to watch..

Sean is a huge homer too, but he's entertaining and funny..that's the whole point, he has to appeal to his home team's fans..

I think the Lakers have good announcers, very unbiased and professional, but they do get boring at times..same with a few other good announce groups..

Some announcers like the Nuggets announcers are both biased AND aren't entertaining though..Heinsohn doesn't fit this category at all IMO..

JoeTait75
01-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Hard to believe Heinson was once the #1 analyst for CBS, as much of a homer as he is. You watch the old Celtics-Lakers Finals games from the '80s and you can practically hear Tommy sweating bullets whenever the Lake Show made a run.

Andrew Bynum
01-12-2010, 07:40 PM
NBA fans are really annoying..

Heinsohn is one of the most entertaining announcers in the NBA IMO..what's the point of having every announcer be boring and objective?..Heinsohn is biased as hell, which means he's doing his job in appealing to the Celtics fans..he's also really entertaining for outsiders to watch..

Sean is a huge homer too, but he's entertaining and funny..that's the whole point, he has to appeal to his home team's fans..

I think the Lakers have good announcers, very unbiased and professional, but they do get boring at times..same with a few other good announce groups..

Some announcers like the Nuggets announcers are both biased AND aren't entertaining though..Heinsohn doesn't fit this category at all IMO..

Must you put four periods between each word every fucking post? Jesus Christ.

Rip-Hamilton32
01-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Sonny Weems hit a trick shot and he was like you have got to be kidding me that should only be worth 1 point