PDA

View Full Version : Joe Johnson.....

da_suns_fan
01-12-2010, 12:27 AM
STUD.

No player from the last 25 years haunts our team more. When the 04-05 season started, both he and Richardson were viewed as kind of the "twin bombers" from downtown. As the season progressed, it became evident that he was a phenomenal all-around player and every team would covet him.

I remember when the fallout was going down and the Suns fan base at the ESPN forums was calling him a selfish player blah blah blah.

Joe wanted to get PAID. Like all NBA players, he wanted to secure his future first.

A Nash/Johnson backcourt could have put the Suns over the top. :bang

jag
01-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Shit on Sarver thread

It was nice to see him leave. He was the guy that could create on his own...the same guy the Suns have ended up looking for and never finding.

balli
01-12-2010, 12:33 AM
I remember when the fallout was going down and the Suns fan base at the ESPN forums was calling him a selfish player blah blah blah.
Right after he broke his eyeball bone for y'all too. :nope

kamikazi_player
01-12-2010, 12:33 AM
I remember people saying that Manu>Joe Johnson last year, I laugh at that and if someone would have said Manu>Joe Johnson as of right now, I would not take them seriously. I still believe J.J. is great, however he's stuck on a bad team.

da_suns_fan
01-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Everytime he goes off, I want to scream "HE WAS ON OUR TEAM!!! HE WAS REALLY GOOD! FUCK YOU, SARVER!!!!"

balli
01-12-2010, 12:34 AM
however he's stuck on a bad team.
:wow

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Oh well. Not like dwelling on the past does anything for the future.

kamikazi_player
01-12-2010, 12:37 AM
:wow
Hawks are not that great, yeah they have a pretty good starting five, but they really don't have anybody who can help J.J. out to reach to the higher bracket of the playoffs

skut_farkus
01-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Oh well. Not like dwelling on the past does anything for the future.

4 RINGS FAGGOT

DAF86
01-12-2010, 12:40 AM
The guy is good but he is overrated.

balli
01-12-2010, 12:41 AM
Hawks are not that great, yeah they have a pretty good starting five, but they really don't have anybody who can help J.J. out to reach to the higher bracket of the playoffs
Not great. Far from bad. I've actually watched them less now that they're decent, but for several years, they weren't near as bad as their record would indicate and as a team that's 11 games over .500, they deserve some credit. JJ's certainly far from stuck in a shitty situation. Doubt he regrets leaving PHO. In fact I'm sure of it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-12-2010, 12:42 AM

You mean the guys that own the Celtics?

They are not a "bad team". They are actually growing as a team and have been for two years.

da_suns_fan
01-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Im sure he doesnt regret leaving Phoenix when he gets his pay stub (I assume the Hawks have direct deposit).

kamikazi_player
01-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Not great. Far from bad. I've actually watched them less now that they're decent, but for several years, they weren't near as bad as their record would indicate and as a team that's 11 games over .500, they deserve some credit. JJ's certainly far from stuck in a shitty situation. Doubt he regrets leaving PHO. In fact I'm sure of it.
I think they are the 4th best team in the east by default, I really believe they would struggle to maintain a 7th or 8th seed in the west.

da_suns_fan
01-12-2010, 12:45 AM
I think they are the 4th best team in the east by default, I really believe they would struggle to maintain a 7th or 8th seed in the west.

Probably..hes not a "franchise player", but he's definitely good enough to be the second guy on a championship team.

kamikazi_player
01-12-2010, 12:45 AM
You mean the guys that own the Celtics?

They are not a "bad team". They are actually growing as a team and have been for two years.
Teams got heart, but do you really think even with growing up, they would get pass the 2nd round of the playoffs, i probably shouldn't have said bad. I think that team is good to average.

iggypop123
01-12-2010, 12:51 AM
you were still compensated. but those picks deng and rondo. sarver fail

da_suns_fan
01-12-2010, 12:55 AM
you were still compensated. but those picks deng and rondo. sarver fail

Deng was in 2004. Youre mistaken.

Donkeybong
01-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Joe Johnson wanted to be option 1 on a team, well he has it on the Hawks. Enjoy.

hawks are pretty good now though. no longer a laughing stock and have the capabalities to pull off some upsets in the east. Still one piece from being legit title contenders though. Wonder if they can go after bosh.

mavsfan1000
01-12-2010, 01:57 AM
He would be the ideal player for Dallas who badly needs a shooting guard.

iggypop123
01-12-2010, 02:01 AM
Deng was in 2004. Youre mistaken.

you are correct. i lost track of all the picks he gave away however sarver screwed up the suns