PDA

View Full Version : Dear Spurs, In the words of Apollo Creed...

da_suns_fan
01-12-2010, 12:39 AM
"Do everybody a favor and knock this chump (Lakers) out."

http://eutawstreethooligans.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/apollo.jpg

slayermin
01-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Nice movie reference.

rayray2k8
01-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Didn't creed get killed in that movie? lol

eyeh8u
01-12-2010, 01:13 AM

we aren't creed in this situation , we are rocky. creed is the suns

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2010, 01:14 AM
I wouldn't count on it..

lennyalderette
01-12-2010, 02:49 AM
yeah we are, we gotta go in there and fight, if were not fighting our ass off for 48 min. im expecting a trade soon. not saying i want one, but im saying there are some chemistry issues im sensing. how about yall

VBM
01-12-2010, 10:29 AM
And let the over hype of a regular season game begin...

And let the undying urge of half this board to diminish a game between the defending champions and a team whose every move this offseason was predicated on beating the defending champions.

If Gasol sits out, then I may creep over to the "overhyped" view, since beating a Gasol-less Laker team won't really mean much (although losing to one...).

:flag:

EricB
01-12-2010, 10:47 AM
And let the undying urge of half this board to diminish a game between the defending champions and a team whose every move this offseason was predicated on beating the defending champions.

If Gasol sits out, then I may creep over to the "overhyped" view, since beating a Gasol-less Laker team won't really mean much (although losing to one...).

Urge = fact?

The spurs beat the lakers in a game similar to this last year.

Yeah that was a clear foreshadowing of events that would come...

EricB
01-12-2010, 10:54 AM

Urge = fact?

ClubberLang
01-12-2010, 11:00 AM
"Do everybody a favor and knock this chump (Lakers) out."

http://eutawstreethooligans.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/apollo.jpg

Hey fool! You ready for another beating? You shoulda never came back!

VBM
01-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Urge = fact?

The sarcasm would work better had we actually lost to the Lakers in the playoffs...:toast

ClubberLang
01-12-2010, 11:02 AM
yeah we are, we gotta go in there and fight, if were not fighting our ass off for 48 min. im expecting a trade soon. not saying i want one, but im saying there are some chemistry issues im sensing. how about yall

The little man don't wanna come to me. Then I'll come to you people to lay out the truth. I am ranked Number One. ONE! That means I'm the best! But this bum been taking the easy matches, fighting other bums. I'm telling you and everybody here, I'll fight him anywhere, anytime, for nothing.

-The Lakers-

urunobili
01-12-2010, 11:03 AM
meaningless regular season game... I would prefer to lose this one in a blowout and win it all in postseason...

As EricB said... last year we won a similar game and then the outcome was atrocious...

Just a reg season game against an old rival...

Both TP and Manu putting comments on their FB pages about it... they're both exited with extra energy because of the rival that's for sure though...

VBM
01-12-2010, 11:05 AM
And lost in all this "early season" yapping is that the trade deadline hasn't come up yet. Go hard against LA (and Dallas, Denver, etc.) to see what we really have (or don't have).

Muser
01-12-2010, 12:18 PM

And Mickey is the Mavs :downspin:

VBM
01-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Does that make the Lakers Thunderlips?

http://www.stuffiwanttoknow.com/uploaded_images/thunderlips-745077.jpg

Sportcamper
01-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Spurs better call Bob Hope!

da_suns_fan
01-12-2010, 02:06 PM

No, that was Rocky IV.

baseline bum
01-12-2010, 02:10 PM

Wasn't Creed once the champ though?

LOL@MavsFan
01-12-2010, 02:30 PM
meaningless regular season game... I would prefer to lose this one in a blowout and win it all in postseason...

As EricB said... last year we won a similar game and then the outcome was atrocious...

Just a reg season game against an old rival...

Both TP and Manu putting comments on their FB pages about it... they're both exited with extra energy because of the rival that's for sure though...

Tell Mav and Suns fan that, the kings of the regular season

Spursmania
01-12-2010, 02:53 PM
http://worldofhurtonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/apollo-2.jpg

da_suns_fan
01-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Wasn't Creed once the champ though?

Correct. Rocky lost to Apollo in the first Rocky but beat him in the second. At the beginning of Rocky III, Creed is a guest announcer and goes to shake hands with both Rocky and Clubber Lang before the fight. Clubber talks mad shit to Apollo, so Apollo says to his former rival Rocky, "Do us all a favor and knock this chump out!"

Great moment in cinema history.

Then Rocky gets his ass kicked by Clubber so Apollo decides to train Rocky for the re-match. This led to the following, bizzare, yet intense training sequence:

JvuV_ssic9Y

ffadicted
01-12-2010, 09:51 PM
I was so sad when Apollo died

da_suns_fan
01-12-2010, 09:54 PM
I was so sad when Apollo died

Both in the movie and in real life. :depressed

BlackSwordsMan
01-12-2010, 10:02 PM
carl weathers died?

TampaDude