PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets and Spurs Reading 2 Different Media Reports

infinite styles
04-26-2005, 05:28 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3572758

This was just posted on Foxsports.com

If you ask me I don't understand what they are looking at. Apparently the Nuggets feel that they are not getting enough respect and that nobody is mentioning them. The Nuggets are all that I've even heard of since 10 games left in the season and now they wanna come out with this stuff.

Phonzie20
04-26-2005, 07:17 PM
thats ridiculous.

hey nuggets you are the baddest team since slice bread and toilet paper. there you got your pub.

oh Please.. we get NO press. nada... nothing.

exstatic
04-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Best news yet in this series. If they're worried about this shit, they're certainly not worried about wins and losses. They'll be easy pickings when they relax on Wednesday.

infinite styles
04-26-2005, 07:24 PM
oh Please.. we get NO press. nada... nothing.

Damn they must not have cable in Denver then. Not to try and start nothing but come on you can't honestly tell me that Denver hasn't been talked about at all since at least 10 games till the playoffs. If you say that they haven't then you seriously need to check your cable bill.
:lol

Phonzie20
04-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Best news yet in this series. If they're worried about this shit, they're certainly not worried about wins and losses. They'll be easy pickings when they relax on Wednesday.

Might as well call it in... :rolleyes

Phonzie20
04-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Damn they must not have cable in Denver then. Not to try and start nothing but come on you can't honestly tell me that Denver hasn't been talked about at all since at least 10 games till the playoffs. If you say that they haven't then you seriously need to check your cable bill.

Ok, I exaggerated ... So kill me.

Every once in a while we will be mentioned.

infinite styles
04-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Ok, I exaggerated ... So kill me.

Every once in a while we will be mentioned.

HAHA your funny....I can respect that :lol :lol :lol :lol

But exstatic is right if they are worried about things like this then they must be feeling a little over confident with what they have done.

Phonzie20
04-26-2005, 07:34 PM
HAHA your funny....I can respect that :lol :lol :lol :lol

But exstatic is right if they are worried about things like this then they must be feeling a little over confident with what they have done.

Isn't this the playoffs? I'm speaking without even reading the link (I assume it's pretty bad). We are the underdog in this series. You psyche yourself up. It's what you do. Don't read too much into the media.

Let's just watch tommorrow.

SpursWoman
04-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Denver complaining about being disrespected and not getting enough love? As Spurs fans we've been dealing with that crap for YEARS.

infinite styles
04-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Isn't this the playoffs? I'm speaking without even reading the link (I assume it's pretty bad). We are the underdog in this series. You psyche yourself up. It's what you do. Don't read too much into the media.

Let's just watch tommorrow.

To be honest I didn't even read it all myself but I did go up to this far

"Nobody's mentioning us," Nuggets center Marcus Camby said Tuesday. "We're taking that to heart and going out and playing hard. We're just going to go out there and win games."

that was enough.

Phonzie20
04-26-2005, 07:53 PM
To be honest I didn't even read it all myself but I did go up to this far

"Nobody's mentioning us," Nuggets center Marcus Camby said Tuesday. "We're taking that to heart and going out and playing hard. We're just going to go out there and win games."

that was enough.

It's just talk. Don't let the media drivve your thoughts. They are the guys stepping on the court. What did you want them to say?

"Maybe we'll win the next one.. win some lose some... oh well"

Just judge by what happens on the court.

Phonzie20
04-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Denver complaining about being disrespected and not getting enough love? As Spurs fans we've been dealing with that crap for YEARS.

Oh I don't know.. you have TNT Chucky on your side.

infinite styles
04-26-2005, 08:12 PM
It's just talk. Don't let the media drivve your thoughts. They are the guys stepping on the court. What did you want them to say?

"Maybe we'll win the next one.. win some lose some... oh well"

Just judge by what happens on the court.

I'm not letting the media drive my thoughts. I'm taking what Camby is saying and trying to figure out what he is playing for, a championship or respect. If its both then so be it but if he's just worried about respect and media "know it alls" to say his name 10 times in 30 minutes then there's a problem. He could have said a bunch of things other than what he said but if that was the first thing out of his mouth then its most likely the first thing on his mind.

slayermin
04-26-2005, 08:25 PM
That is a bunch of BS. George Karl was interviewed today on SportsCenter by Dan Patrick. Dan was blowing Karl the entire interview.

Also, Doug Moe was interviewed today on the Ticket 760 in San Antonio.

Everyone hates the Spurs except maybe Barkley.

MadDog73
04-26-2005, 08:37 PM

And EVERYBODY hates Barkley! :angel

infinite styles
04-26-2005, 08:48 PM
And EVERYBODY hates Barkley! :angel

I actually like Barkley

Phonzie20
04-26-2005, 09:38 PM
That is a bunch of BS. George Karl was interviewed today on SportsCenter by Dan Patrick. Dan was blowing Karl the entire interview.

Also, Doug Moe was interviewed today on the Ticket 760 in San Antonio.

Hate? why?

It's an interview.... What did you want him to say?

Phonzie20
04-26-2005, 09:39 PM
I actually like Barkley

I as well.

Even for some reason he hates on us. That's ok though.

T Park
04-26-2005, 09:46 PM
The Nuggets? No Press???

ISn't this the same team that has been fawned over equal to the freakin Heat for the past month??

Cry me a MFin river.

You want disrespect?? Look at the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING post game press conference asking questions to the SPurs players saying

"Yeah thats great but, what do you think about Phil Jackson going to the Lakers?"

Now that is no respect.

Phonzie20
04-26-2005, 09:54 PM
"Yeah thats great but, what do you think about Phil Jackson going to the Lakers?"

Now that is no respect.

That was the only substantial thing you posted.

T Park
04-26-2005, 10:07 PM
sure thing there skip.

ignore the facts. The Nuggets are the flavor of the week thanks to "We kill snitches" Anthony and Big Bad Yellow Dork Martin.

BTW, tell him, its the playoffs, stop slapping the backboard like a goddamn moron, when he wins something of significance then he can act like a dumbass.

TroyF
04-26-2005, 10:16 PM
I think you guys are a little sensitive and reading too much into the quote. He didn't say they were worried about it or that they were more worried with a lack of respect than they were with beating the Spurs. (didn't they take care of that thought process by beating them the other night?)

Fact is, only one or two national pundits picked the Nuggets to beat the Spurs. I didn't pick the Nuggets to beat the Spurs either, and I've been a fan of the team for twenty five years. (I'm 33, if you'd like to say I'm a bandwagon fan, I'll show you some ticket stubs from the year we won 17 games)

Were I Karl, I'd have used that as motivation too. I'd have listed the 35 guys who picked the Spurs and said, "Look, nobody thinks you are good enough to beat this team. You aren't getting any respect. Lets shock the world"

The Nuggets are just worried about winning ball games. Just like the Spurs. It's the oversensitive fans that play this stupid game.

infinite styles
04-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Why is it that we are oversensitive when the fact is that players on your favorite team bluntly say "we're not being mentioned." Excuse me for having an opinion on something that came directly out of the horses mouth. Yeah you can say that its motivation but on the real can you blame someone for questioning his comments. I know you may be a long time fan but don't come and tell me that I'm being overly sensitive when I question something that is a direct quote. If I was making a big stink about a San Antonio writer talking about how the Nuggets feel disrespected without any of the nuggets actually saying it then you can come and talk down on me but until then leave me be.

Phonzie20
04-26-2005, 10:30 PM
the flavor of the week just took you 1-0.

I guess this is where you chime in and say the shot's didn't fall. Did you see how many rim-outs we had in that game?

Phonzie20
04-26-2005, 10:31 PM
BTW, tell him, its the playoffs, stop slapping the backboard like a goddamn moron,

Tell him personally. I doubt you would.

NugzFan
04-27-2005, 01:26 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3572758

This was just posted on Foxsports.com

If you ask me I don't understand what they are looking at. Apparently the Nuggets feel that they are not getting enough respect and that nobody is mentioning them. The Nuggets are all that I've even heard of since 10 games left in the season and now they wanna come out with this stuff.

nice.

even though we dont deserve respect from one win, i love the fact that we are still focused and not settling for a split.

gospursgojas
04-27-2005, 03:21 AM
The munchies hit him bad.....

SpursWoman
04-27-2005, 06:04 AM
Oh I don't know.. you have TNT Chucky on your side.

For every one Barkley there is 27 Stephen A. Smiths. :fro :lol

TroyF
04-27-2005, 07:35 AM
Why is it that we are oversensitive when the fact is that players on your favorite team bluntly say "we're not being mentioned." Excuse me for having an opinion on something that came directly out of the horses mouth. Yeah you can say that its motivation but on the real can you blame someone for questioning his comments. I know you may be a long time fan but don't come and tell me that I'm being overly sensitive when I question something that is a direct quote. If I was making a big stink about a San Antonio writer talking about how the Nuggets feel disrespected without any of the nuggets actually saying it then you can come and talk down on me but until then leave me be.

Why? Because it's irrelevant. If the Spurs beat the living hell out of the Nuggets tonight, and then say after the game "The media was writing us off, they thought we were going to fold and get swept by this team" what does it matter?

The quote would be false, but at the end of the day the result is the same, right?

As for Melo being the most overrated player in the game, someone needs to tell Pop quickly. Because while Dre was shredding Parker and Ginobili in the first half, he kept Bowen on Melo for the first 22 minutes of the first half. He is also doubling Melo when he gets the ball on the post despite Bowen being one of the best defensive players this league has ever seen.

You guys need to tell Pop that Melo really is overrated, that he can't play the game at all, and that he shouldn't be using his best defensive player on him or ever bother with a double in the post. We'll see what happens.

LilMissSPURfect
04-27-2005, 08:51 AM
If (thats a big if) Denver isn't getting media pub ....its because they havent "earned" their wings !!!!!!

Just a few years ago we[spurs] were the ones being dogged...no one gave us a chance.... all the battles and wars and finally we've earned that right to be on the front page... ! F*ck DENVER...and MIAMI ! when and if they win a battle {playoff series} or a WAR {championship} then maybe u give them their 2 minutes of fame !

OTHER wise THE FRONT PAGE should be all about the SPURS and Detroit ! RIGHTFULLY and SO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO SPURS GO !
:blah :blah :elephant

GrandeDavid
04-27-2005, 09:44 AM
Typical post season amateurs. Nuggs and Nuggs fans, you have to actually DO something in the playoffs before you get respect. The regular season means next to nothing. Denver is not exactly a playoff juggernaut. In fact, and I need to check my facts, I'm confident that Denver up until a couple years ago was pretty much the sorriest, losingest team in the NBA for over a decade.

Denver, shake yourselves. I said the same thing to Minnesota fans all last season. You cannot talk until you can put together a few decent consecutive playoff runs. Otherwise, shut your traps.

NugzFan
04-27-2005, 12:40 PM
you're alot nicer on that other board.

Phonzie20
04-27-2005, 03:11 PM
Typical post season amateurs. Nuggs and Nuggs fans, you have to actually DO something in the playoffs before you get respect. The regular season means next to nothing. Denver is not exactly a playoff juggernaut. In fact, and I need to check my facts, I'm confident that Denver up until a couple years ago was pretty much the sorriest, losingest team in the NBA for over a decade.

Denver, shake yourselves. I said the same thing to Minnesota fans all last season. You cannot talk until you can put together a few decent consecutive playoff runs. Otherwise, shut your traps.

Us 'fans' never asked for respect. We are defending what an actual NBA player said. You know, the guy that ACTUALLY plays the game?