PDA

View Full Version : Lost - The Final Season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

JudynTX
01-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I am impatiently waiting for Lost to return on February 2nd. All good things must come to an end, I guess.

:depressed

I hear Libby & Michael make an appearance.

jaffies
01-12-2010, 04:15 PM
AHHHH, PandaSpur!:chestbump

I knew you'd start this thread, Faraday told me so.

JudynTX
01-12-2010, 04:19 PM
AHHHH, PandaSpur!:chestbump

I knew you'd start this thread, Faraday told me so.

:D Did Faraday happen to tell you if we would be seeing Eko in the final season?

jaffies
01-12-2010, 04:32 PM
:D Did Faraday happen to tell you if we would be seeing Eko in the final season?

Dunno yet. I would think so, in some way or another.

“Adewale is open for business. We have had talks about some things they might do for the final season and there are other dead folks coming back allegedly but at the moment it is still a maybe. A strong maybe but I have not shot anything yet or signed any contracts. But I’m hoping.”

SpursStalker
01-12-2010, 04:37 PM
You mean the final final final season ...

Do they actually get found?

:D

jaffies
01-12-2010, 04:38 PM
I've been wanting to post this pic for a while

http://8.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_krmatcUE2a1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

JudynTX
01-12-2010, 04:42 PM
You mean the final final final season ...

Do they actually get found?

:D

:lol They left the island, but went back.

I've been wanting to post this pic for a while

http://8.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_krmatcUE2a1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

:lmao:lmao

SpursStalker
01-12-2010, 04:43 PM

So if they went back, they aren't exactly lost now are they?

:lol

JudynTX
01-12-2010, 04:44 PM
So if they went back, they aren't exactly lost now are they?

It's the title of the show, what can I say? :D

sonic21
01-12-2010, 05:01 PM
:td

Lost sucks

Ginofan
01-12-2010, 05:05 PM
I can't wait either! I would looooove to see an appearance by Mr. Eko, he was my favorite character by far; I hated that they killed him off!

exstatic
01-12-2010, 08:22 PM
I've heard that the S 6 premier being on Groundhog Day is NOT a coincidence. Think about what they were trying to do right at the end of S 5.

Fpoonsie
01-12-2010, 08:25 PM
That last episode was NUTS. Anxiously awaiting the way they wrap this whole thing up...

...and the polar bear explanation.

katyon6th
01-12-2010, 08:52 PM
I only watched the first 2 episodes last season and then I started playing softball on the night it airs. Goddamn not having DVR. Don't laugh at me. It's sad, I know.

katyon6th
01-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Anyway, I need to catch up so I can look forward to the final season too.

Fpoonsie
01-12-2010, 08:58 PM
I only watched the first 2 episodes last season and then I started playing softball on the night it airs. Goddamn not having DVR. Don't laugh at me. It's sad, I know.

http://thenastyboys.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/lloydchristmas.jpg

You are one pathetic LOSER. Hahahaha. No offense.

katyon6th
01-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Geez, none taken. Asshole.

Fpoonsie
01-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Geez, none taken. Asshole.

I'm just fucking with you. I just RECENTLY got one for myself.

AFBlue
01-13-2010, 01:07 AM
...and the polar bear explanation.

Dharma initiative brought animals to the island. Kate and Sawyer were locked in bear cages...pretty sure they closed the book on that mystery.

The smoke monster is the one I'm interested in...oh, and to see it all wrapped up.

Watching Season 5 on DVD right now...so good.

Fpoonsie
01-13-2010, 01:10 AM
Dharma initiative brought animals to the island. Kate and Sawyer were locked in bear cages...pretty sure they closed the book on that mystery.

The smoke monster is the one I'm interested in...oh, and to see it all wrapped up.

Watching Season 5 on DVD right now...so good.

...damn. Anti-climactic.

Why would they bring POLAR bears? I'm sure your answer is correct, but what an odd choice.

bostonguy
01-13-2010, 02:48 AM
:td

Lost sucks

:td:td@ this comment. You don't like Lost, don't post in this thread. It is that simple. :toast

Kamala
01-13-2010, 04:50 AM
Hated the way Juliet's season ended up.:(

Kamala
01-13-2010, 04:50 AM
This has been such a roller coaster show and great non-linear storytelling.

Looks like the characters are somehow "reliving" or "repeating" their lives over and over somehow. I hope for a great ending of the show if there is actually an end to the show.

JudynTX
01-13-2010, 08:48 AM
I just don't want this show to end like The Sopranos. :lol

I too want to know all about Smokey, that has never really been explained.

sonic21
01-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Things i want to know:

What are The Whispers?
Who are Adam and Eve?
Where are stewardess Cindy and the kids?
What happened to Claire?
What was up with Walt?
What is The Monster?
Why doesn't Richard Alpert age?

:td:td@ this comment. You don't like Lost, don't post in this thread. It is that simple. :toast

:depressed

ATRAIN
01-13-2010, 09:28 AM
I can't wait either! I would looooove to see an appearance by Mr. Eko, he was my favorite character by far; I hated that they killed him off!

Yeah Echo was a bad ass. He never got to build his church either!!!

Hated the way Juliet's season ended up.:(

Yeah felt bad for her but she knew she couldnt compare to Kate with Sawyer. Kate is such a whore but I like her.

This has been such a roller coaster show and great non-linear storytelling.

Looks like the characters are somehow "reliving" or "repeating" their lives over and over somehow. I hope for a great ending of the show if there is actually an end to the show.

Yeah the ending better be good cause this show has been one of my favorites all time. I have yet to see a show end with such a bad ass ending. Well maybe 6 feet under.

Kermit
01-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Elizabeth Mitchell is still a cast member. Don't know if she'll come back for the finale after her appearance in the premiere, but it's very likely.

Kermit
01-13-2010, 09:52 AM
They're repeating, but the murder of Jacob by Locke/Man in Black/Ben changed the trajectory of time. So now everything that happens is new. That's my spin on it anyway.

Kamala
01-13-2010, 09:09 PM
They're repeating, but the murder of Jacob by Locke/Man in Black/Ben changed the trajectory of time. So now everything that happens is new. That's my spin on it anyway.

Seems like Richard is one of the original inhabitants of the island from the Black Rock that never ages. I think I recall in one of the Locke childhood flashbacks that Richard asked a child John Locke to choose an item that already belongs to him and the kid picks the knife and Richard storms off angry. Seems like Richard is trying to change the future or at least figure out who killed Jacob.

Kamala
01-13-2010, 09:13 PM
I really want to know why Libby (the chick that Hurley loved) was in the asylum with Hurley and sold Desmond his boat. I'm thinking she must be an "other" trying to manipulate events somehow?

exstatic
01-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Fans of the series shouldn't be surprised at the article that I read today. The series creators said they felt no obligation for a happy or particularly tidy ending.

Jekka
01-13-2010, 11:21 PM

Season 5 is streaming on Netflix right now if you've got an account. I just finished re-watching season 5, so I'm all ready for season 6!

EmptyMan
01-14-2010, 12:18 AM
I really want to know why Libby (the chick that Hurley loved) was in the asylum with Hurley and sold Desmond his boat. I'm thinking she must be an "other" trying to manipulate events somehow?

haha GREAT avi. Get in that ass Larry.

blkroadrunners
01-14-2010, 12:48 AM
I heard President Obama may bump the season premiere... :depressed

http://www.tv.com/will-obama-bump-the-lost-premiere/story/20552.html?tag=hotspot;gumball;1

JudynTX
01-14-2010, 09:07 AM
I heard President Obama may bump the season premiere... :depressed

http://www.tv.com/will-obama-bump-the-lost-premiere/story/20552.html?tag=hotspot;gumball;1

I heard he wasn't. Please tell me this isn't true.

lefty
01-14-2010, 09:27 AM
I stopped watching Lost in the middle of the 3rd season

That show sucks

sonic21
01-14-2010, 09:45 AM

That show sucks

lol it started getting better after the middle of season 3.

austN Spur
01-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Yeah the ending better be good cause this show has been one of my favorites all time. I have yet to see a show end with such a bad ass ending. Well maybe 6 feet under.

I thought Seinfeld had a badass ending. Also missed all of last season so ive yet to check but hopefully they're on Netflix so i can catchup in one weekend

blkroadrunners
01-16-2010, 11:50 AM
I heard he wasn't. Please tell me this isn't true.

Idk if it still is. It was like a week old when I posted it.

blkroadrunners
01-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Nevermind, seems like he won't interupt the premiere :)

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/08/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6072513.shtml

EmptyMan
01-16-2010, 03:25 PM

That show sucks

Yes. But after the first season you know you will eventually have to watch the entire series leading up to the series finale so that when you go back and watch the first season you can feel the complete opposite you felt while watching it without knowing wtf was going on.

I'll pretty much just be pulling for Sayid, Desmond, and Richard Alpert.

JudynTX
01-16-2010, 08:45 PM
FYI.....the season premiere will be shown @ the Alamo Drafthouse here in SA. :toast

Kamala
01-17-2010, 11:52 PM
FYI.....the season premiere will be shown @ the Alamo Drafthouse here in SA. :toast

I hope they will show the final episode there. That's where I want to see it.

Kamala
01-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Elizabeth Mitchell is still a cast member. Don't know if she'll come back for the finale after her appearance in the premiere, but it's very likely.

I know I am getting old. That woman is hot! She's good on V.

AFBlue
01-18-2010, 02:11 AM
Season 5 is streaming on Netflix right now if you've got an account. I just finished re-watching season 5, so I'm all ready for season 6!

My wife and I also just finished watching Season 5 and I'm glad we did...I had forgotten so many of the details. It's also interesting re-watching because you can view it from the perspective of who Locke really is.

As for Season 6, my prediction is that a war will wage between two factions (followers of Jacob and followers of "Locke"). You can see in the finale episode that Jacob was seemingly recruiting people to join his side or at least seeing if they were "good" enough.

I'm guessing that the Incident does occur in 1977 for all of the island dwellers except those that were never supposed to be there in the first place (Jack, Kate, Sawyer, etc.) and that they all flash forward to the present to be a part of the war for control of the island.

What'll be interesting to see is how the ghosts of the island (Charlie, Mr. Eko, Claire?, etc.) and most importantly Desmond factor into this war.

I suppose I could be totally off-base, but whatever direction they choose to go in, I've learned after 5 seasons to just sit back and enjoy the ride. I can't wait!

Death In June
01-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Lost definitely peaked sometime during it's first three seasons, before it was a known quantity. I wasn't a fan of any of the time travel elements they introduced, but I'm still interested to see how this thing plays out.

Watching Season 5 on DVD right now...so good.They revealed what the smoke monster is in a spoiler if you really want to know before the show starts.

sonic21
01-20-2010, 10:38 AM
I played lost numbers in the lottery and won 78 euros.

:spless:

ATRAIN
01-20-2010, 10:42 AM
I hope they will show the final episode there. That's where I want to see it.

They show all of the Lost episodes at the drafthouse here every week. Or they used to. I know they show the finale and season premier here.

Kermit
01-20-2010, 10:49 AM
My wife and I also just finished watching Season 5 and I'm glad we did...I had forgotten so many of the details. It's also interesting re-watching because you can view it from the perspective of who Locke really is.

As for Season 6, my prediction is that a war will wage between two factions (followers of Jacob and followers of "Locke"). You can see in the finale episode that Jacob was seemingly recruiting people to join his side or at least seeing if they were "good" enough.

I'm guessing that the Incident does occur in 1977 for all of the island dwellers except those that were never supposed to be there in the first place (Jack, Kate, Sawyer, etc.) and that they all flash forward to the present to be a part of the war for control of the island.

What'll be interesting to see is how the ghosts of the island (Charlie, Mr. Eko, Claire?, etc.) and most importantly Desmond factor into this war.

I suppose I could be totally off-base, but whatever direction they choose to go in, I've learned after 5 seasons to just sit back and enjoy the ride. I can't wait!

The creators have said that Eko is probably not coming back. Contract snag or some shit.

rr2418
01-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Would it be a disappointment to ya'll if all of this was some ones dream/nightmare? Maybe Locke's dream? He would wake up to them actually going to crash,.....I don't know if I would like that or not!

ATRAIN
01-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Would it be a disappointment to ya'll if all of this was some ones dream/nightmare? Maybe Locke's dream? He would wake up to them actually going to crash,.....I don't know if I would like that or not!

I would find JJ Abrams and slit his throat while he slept.

exstatic
01-20-2010, 08:05 PM
I played lost numbers in the lottery and won 78 euros.

:spless:

Those are numbers you should NEVER play. If you hit the jackpot, it would be like Bruce Almighty, where he granted everyone's wish to hit the lottery, and they all won like $1 for hitting the jackpot. Do you have ANY idea how many people probably play those numbers?

Sii
01-20-2010, 08:40 PM
It took me about 6 months but I recently watched all 5 years of the past lost episodes. Def one of the best TV series I've ever seen. top 3 for sure.

Sad thing is now that Im caught up its almost over. Cant wait for it the last season though...a lot of the past is still pretty fresh which prob helps remember all this stuff LOL

JudynTX
01-21-2010, 08:58 AM
It took me about 6 months but I recently watched all 5 years of the past lost episodes. Def one of the best TV series I've ever seen. top 3 for sure.

Sad thing is now that Im caught up its almost over. Cant wait for it the last season though...a lot of the past is still pretty fresh which prob helps remember all this stuff LOL

Glad you finally joined the party. :rolleyes

:rollin

AFBlue
01-24-2010, 12:20 PM
They revealed what the smoke monster is in a spoiler if you really want to know before the show starts.

Nah, I'll just wait it out. But if it doesn't end up really explaining it then I'll PM you to find out.

JudynTX
01-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Get your tastebuds ready, showing Season 5 finale tonight. :tu

Next week it's back!!!!

Xylus
02-01-2010, 03:57 PM
New LOST promo released by ABC yesterday.

WARNING: This new promo contains brand new footage from Season 6, and reveals where the 1977 Islanders end up after the explosion. The promo is only one-minute long, and doesn't really reveal much other than that.

yCNuAdCRsUQ

I just about wet my pants after watching that. This season looks like it's going to be awesome.

JudynTX
02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
New LOST promo released by ABC yesterday.

WARNING: This new promo contains brand new footage from Season 6, and reveals where the 1977 Islanders end up after the explosion. The promo is only one-minute long, and doesn't really reveal much other than that.

yCNuAdCRsUQ

I just about wet my pants after watching that. This season looks like it's going to be awesome.

lalalalalalalalalalala I can wait one more day.

Just about wet your pants huh?

Xylus
02-01-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm cleaning up as we speak. The clip is extremely intense.

JudynTX
02-01-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm cleaning up as we speak. The clip is extremely intense.

Wow! :lol As bad as I want to see it, I won't.

ATRAIN
02-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Finally this shit is on tonight.

JudynTX
02-02-2010, 10:47 AM
T-minus 9 hours. :downspin:

ATRAIN
02-02-2010, 11:03 AM
I wonder if Juliet survives?

Kermit
02-02-2010, 11:49 AM
I wonder if Juliet survives?

Probably not, seeing as how they gave her a show.

ATRAIN
02-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Probably not, seeing as how they gave her a show.

which one is this? I think they already filmed all the Lost episodes so its possible she might survive.

Xylus
02-02-2010, 01:34 PM
which one is this? I think they already filmed all the Lost episodes so its possible she might survive.

They've filmed about 12 so far, I think. I heard a recent interview with Cuse and Lindelof saying they were about to head into the writers' room to pen episode 15 of the season.

Kermit
02-02-2010, 01:41 PM

She's on V. She'll probably return for the finale or some shit.

Blake
02-02-2010, 04:35 PM
eh, they need to get rid of Juliet anyway so that the Kate, Jack, Sawyer love triangle can get going again.

I'm wondering more if Locke is really dead or just possessed or both.

Blake
02-02-2010, 04:38 PM

:lol That's what I did too.

What's funny when you watch it all together like that is how fast it goes from just a group of survivors trying to figure what to eat and where to sleep to time travel and island shifting.

tp2021
02-02-2010, 09:07 PM
SO...they did it????

Amarelooms
02-02-2010, 09:09 PM
SO...they did it????

:elephant

IronMexican
02-02-2010, 09:31 PM
I might get into this show starting from season 1.

Death In June
02-02-2010, 09:37 PM
This premier has way too many commercials.

tp2021
02-02-2010, 11:11 PM
First theory...Jacob was supposed to inhabit Sayid's body, but it didn't work...

Sii
02-02-2010, 11:20 PM
or did it? I wonder if Sayid coming back to life suddenly is Jacob coming back?

great start to the season. one of the best season premieres in the series IMO

exstatic
02-02-2010, 11:28 PM
I called a friend before the show tonight and told him that when they get back, Jack was going to fix Locke. It was just too much of a coincidence that Locke, in the real world, is paralyzed and Jack is a neurosurgeon. :lol

blizz
02-02-2010, 11:40 PM
any of yall see juliet - or the actress that plays her, get it on with angelina jolie in gia? she's got some nice titties :D

blizz
02-02-2010, 11:40 PM
oh and yeah..what a great show...it sucks that the best show on TV is ending.

bostonguy
02-03-2010, 12:07 AM
I am liking where this season is heading. I am expecting it to keep getting better in the weeks ahead.

jaffies
02-03-2010, 12:09 AM
First theory...Jacob was supposed to inhabit Sayid's body, but it didn't work...

or did it?

That's the first thing that came to mind when the water wasn't 'clear', and Sayid didn't make it. And then Jacob actually contacting someone personally (being dead or otherwise) on the island with instructions. The only other time I can remember is when he told Locke to 'move the island'.

Lot of questions:

Why was Shannon not on the plane? What would have changed on the post-reset-alternate-(or is it original)-timeline-island to have her not on the plane. And Desmond on it for that matter.

Does Desmond know Penny? Or, for that matter, does Penny exist??? I would assume yes, but I can't remember the exact timeline. I would assume she would be born in the 70's, but was it before or after the 'time-reset'. We don't know who Penny's mom is, but I'm guessing Charles Widmore met her on the island(?) since he spent most of his time there until his banishment at least 10 years later when Ben was an adult. If she was born after the 'reset', she doesn't exist. There's also a good chance if she does exist, and Charles Widmore has far less resistance against Desmond (since he never makes it to the island) and they live happily ever after.

other questions...can't type...brain...fried...

exstatic
02-03-2010, 12:51 AM
oh and yeah..what a great show...it sucks that the best show on TV is ending.

When shows stay on too long, they become no longer good. It's much worse when a show stays on too long. Enjoy this last season, and the memories of the show. Get it on DVD. I re-watched Season 5, and was surprised at how much stuff I forgot just from last spring.

Xylus
02-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Going into its 6th season, and LOST is still operating at peak performance. This is the most excited I've ever been for the show, which is amazing after 100+ episodes already.

The sinister look that MIB/Fake Locke gives Ben toward the end of the episode was terrifying. Gave me massive chills. And that was preceded by a heartbreaking eulogy of the real John Locke, RIP.

Stringer_Bell
02-03-2010, 04:29 AM
Why was Shannon not on the plane? What would have changed on the post-reset-alternate-(or is it original)-timeline-island to have her not on the plane.

From Boone's response, I figured she wanted too much money for an appearance and got written out. She doesn't mean much to the story I don't think, but it was nice to see Claire back.

I like how some of last season's set pieces (such as the guitar case) are paying off immediately. I still don't know what to make of the two time lines going on at the same time, but I remember the "leaked" scripts from season 1/2 talking about "twins" and stuff, so I think the time lines converge and leaves the characters to choose where they go in the end, a life with the crash or a life without it. Clearly some people are better off, and some aren't. I always envisioned the end of Lost to show everyone leaving the island except for Bernard, Rose, and Locke.

As for Sayid coming back to life, I really hope its NOT Jacob in him. I'd much prefer if Jack has been dead/reincarnated as Jacob the whole time, and the showdown is the same as it always has been...Jack vs Locke, Jacob vs MIB, Fate vs Free will. Of course, in the new timeline, Jack = Free will because he says "nothing is irreversible", so it'll be interesting to see how the roles are reversed and to what extremes they lead the characters without the island ever being in their lives.

Xylus, your sig looks like the last supper - I wonder if it's significant? o.O

JudynTX
02-03-2010, 08:43 AM
OMG OMG....there's just too much to asborb right now. :wow

Two story lines going on at the same time and they decide at the end if they stay on the island or go? That's what I'm thinking.

So confused already. :bang :lol

And yea.....Smokey has been MIB all this time! WOW! :wow

Spurminator
02-03-2010, 09:16 AM
The Juliet part intrigues me. I have a feeling she went somewhere else after setting the bomb off. How else would she know "it worked"? Maybe we'll have a full Juliet flashback episode at some point this season.

Did anyone notice if she is wearing the same clothes when she dies as she was when she set off the bomb? One thing that was interesting was that she wasn't nearly as far down in the hole as she fell before setting the bomb off. It almost looked like she was just deep enough to turn the failsafe at the Swan station, like Desmond did at the end of Season 2.

My crazy off the wall prediction is that she ended up somewhere else in time than the rest of them, likely on the island, and had been there for a few years. She missed Sawyer madly and somehow brings them all back to her using the failsafe.

http://www.liquidmindproduction.com/Lost/LiveFailSafeKey.jpg

JudynTX
02-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Oh and another thing...............the first minute...the island is underwater? WTF does that mean? :wow

bostonguy
02-03-2010, 11:15 AM
omg omg....there's just too much to asborb right now. :wow

two story lines going on at the same time and they decide at the end if they stay on the island or go? That's what i'm thinking.

So confused already. :bang :lol

and yea.....smokey has been mib all this time! Wow! :wow

mib????

JudynTX
02-03-2010, 11:20 AM
mib????

Man in black, Esau, or whatever you want to call him. :D

Jacob's brother?

jcrod
02-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Oh and another thing...............the first minute...the island is underwater? WTF does that mean? :wow

The island does not exist since they set the bomb off in 1974. Reason why they land in LA and we have two separate lives happening.

JudynTX
02-03-2010, 11:52 AM
The island does not exist since they set the bomb off in 1974. Reason why they land in LA and we have two separate lives happening.

:bang

Kamala
02-03-2010, 11:59 AM
The evil Locke was such a bastard talking about how pitiful Locke's life was.

When he turned into the smoke monster and said "I'm sorry you had to see me that way" I was blown away.

I have to think the real Locke will somehow get revenge or be vindicated in some way.

Kamala
02-03-2010, 12:07 PM
They've filmed about 12 so far, I think. I heard a recent interview with Cuse and Lindelof saying they were about to head into the writers' room to pen episode 15 of the season.

I thought the whole season would be wrapped up by the time of the premiere. Seems like a lot of pressure for the producers since the show has so many locations and actors . I guess that's how the shows work.

I hope the ending is as awesome as the series has been. The first episode was awesome!

Kermit
02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
the island does not exist since they set the bomb off in 1974. Reason why they land in la and we have two separate lives happening.

Also, read this.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20313460_20341211,00.html

tp2021
02-03-2010, 02:10 PM

Also, read this.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20313460_20341211,00.html

Great recap link, thanks for sharing!

Ginofan
02-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I loved last night's premiere, great stuff. I was going to be seriously pissed if they had killed off Sayid like that, he's one of my favorite characters!

What happened to Desmond on the plane? One moment he's there sitting next to Jack and the next he takes off? Weird! It was so awesome to see Claire, Rose, Bernard, Boone, and Charlie again as well.

JudynTX
02-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Another thing....the flight attendant was one of "the others"? How the hell did that happen? :lol

Spurminator
02-03-2010, 04:38 PM
The flight attendant joined up with the Others in season 2.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Cindy_Chandler

JudynTX
02-03-2010, 04:40 PM
The flight attendant joined up with the Others in season 2.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Cindy_Chandler

I remember that. Just wasn't expecting to see her a part of the Others in the Temple.

Xylus
02-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Another thing....the flight attendant was one of "the others"? How the hell did that happen? :lol

That happened a long time ago, back in Season 2. Cindy was a part of the Tailies with Ana-Lucia and Mr. Eko. When the Tailies decided to trek across the island to meet up with the other survivors, they were ambushed by whispers and lots of rain. In their confusion, Cindy went missing and Shannon got shot moments later.

Cindy showed up again in Season 3 while Jack was in a cage. She appeared to not only be cooperative with the Others, but actually one of them. Now, 3 seasons later, she's back again. It's assumed that Cindy has been with the Others ever since being kidnapped. Ben ordered the Others to retreat to the Temple at the end of Season 3, and Cindy was obviously among that group. The two kids that were with Cindy in the temple were also a part of the Tailies section.

Xylus
02-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Things I need or desperately want to see by the end of Season 6:

1. I need a Richard Alpert flashback episode, or at least a thorough explanation of who this fascinating character is and where he comes from. We learned last night that he was most likely a slave on the Black Rock, but why is he ageless? How was he appointed as Jacob's advisor? Is there more to this character than we know now?

2. Certain characters shouldn't die. At this point in the story, many of these characters have come a long way physically and psychologically, some spiritually. The death of these characters would cheapen our relationship to them as viewers. Hurley, Sawyer, Jin and Sun, and Jack are a few characters that come to mind.

3. Jack needs to re-assume his unofficial title as Leader of the Survivors. If the story is to come full-circle like it appears to be, Jack needs to once again become the leader he was in Season 1. There were flashes of it at the end of Season 5, but it's obvious that Jack is still operating without a clue. I hope that he figures out his ultimate purpose soon, and leads the rest to the story's conclusion. Sawyer was a great leader, perhaps an even smarter one than Jack. But it would feel like a devolution of Jack's character to see him follow, rather than lead.

4. I don't need to know everything about the Island. I don't give a flying fuck why Libby was in a mental institution. I also don't care about what Walt's special power really is. I don't think these things are important anymore, and if these mysteries don't get resolved by the end, no big loss. There's so little time left, I hope the writers stick to the larger questions that are relevant to the Island and its current inhabitants. If they have time to squeeze in these smaller answers, go for it. I see no need to fly off the handle if the Numbers aren't explained fully. For a show that's fueled so much by mystery, it would be appropriate to end with a few ambiguities.

5. Most importantly: Continuity with the past. I think it would be horrible if these characters' experiences on the Island were suddenly erased. I would hate to see 6 seasons' worth of character development forgotten, in favor of a clean slate. What's the point of the Island then?

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-03-2010, 05:44 PM
That premier was great, Im so excited for the rest of the season

EmptyMan
02-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Lost is back bitches!

It's crazy how much detail the writers put into this show.

i.e., the stewardess only giving Jack ONE bottle of liquor instead of 2 in this alternate time line. In the original time line, Jack received two bottles - the 2nd being used to stitch up his wounds post plane crash.

Sucks rooting for people that are already dead though :(

I knew Ecko was such a badass that the Man in Black had to take him out.

EmptyMan
02-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Also, the greatest thing about Lost is you have to watch this final season JUST so you can go back to Season 1 Episode 1 and start watching the entire thing again until you actually understand what has happened.

Xylus
02-03-2010, 06:00 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0KRN69leV-Q/S2kNdohpYDI/AAAAAAAAIFI/8pvOaHLT1a0/s1600/lost-lax-review-john-locke.jpg

I died at this moment. Mind blown by a single facial expression. It's 20 times worse in real time, too.

EmptyMan
02-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Seriously, the actor playing Locke was born for this role.

I've seen him in older stuff and he was nothing special, but now he is owning this show.

exstatic
02-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Seriously, the actor playing Locke was born for this role.

I've seen him in older stuff and he was nothing special, but now he is owning this show.

If you had laid out the show in front of me and asked me what part I wanted, I would have picked John Locke. Shit, just playing his own character is like 3-4 different parts for the various times of his life, and now he's playing a completely different entity.

Terry O'Quinn has done very well. As season one progressed, I was thinking that Locke was completely centered and Zen. Then they did the flashbacks, and showed what a completely lost, clueless pussy he was back in the real world. Quite a varied character.

Kamala
02-04-2010, 02:48 AM
I think an interesting twist would be for the MIB/smokey/Fake Locke to actually seem like more of the "good guy" kept prisoner on the island by Jacob who is stubborn and manipulative. For now Fake Locke seems pretty damn evil.

Kermit
02-04-2010, 09:38 AM
I think an interesting twist would be for the MIB/smokey/Fake Locke to actually seem like more of the "good guy" kept prisoner on the island by Jacob who is stubborn and manipulative. For now Fake Locke seems pretty damn evil.

Yeah, I've been thinking this too. That Jacob isn't all he's cracked up to be and that MIB is super tired of this shit.

Spurminator
02-04-2010, 12:56 PM
What I'm worried about is that at in the end we're going to be asked to think of Ben as a good guy, even though he (and Richard for that matter) committed genocide on a whole civilization of people.

If there ends up being a "good side" at the end of all of this (and maybe there's not, maybe Jacob and the MIB are both assholes) I hope we're not asked to accept that they gassed a bunch of women and children on their way to the ultimate goal.

Spurminator
02-04-2010, 12:56 PM
dp

lefty
02-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Lost sucks

Worst show ever

Kamala
02-04-2010, 05:06 PM
There is so much symbolism in this show.I lust read that the fish Jacob caught and "cooked up" on the beach in the season 5 finale was a red herring.

I wonder what the red herring is distracting us from what's really going on?

Shaolin-Style
02-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Did anyone catch Matt Parkman's voice on the plane?

I thought they'd show him after the flight landed but they didn't, but at least you could hear him lol

Spurminator
02-04-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw Hurley's imaginary friend Dave in the baggage claim area...

jaffies
02-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I still stand by my prediction that Vincent will be VERY important piece of LOST's universe.

Shaolin-Style
02-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Vincent=Last dog standing

Maybe he and Walt will show up and tag team smokey and allow Jack to dump lots of them ashes on smokey to destroy the mean smog.

mFFL03
02-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Hoping Mr. Eckto makes a return!

RandomGuy
02-05-2010, 01:42 PM

:lmao:lmao

Shouldn't they call the show: "Vacation" then?

I stopped watching after the first season or two. now... none of the snippets I occasionally catch make any fucking sense.

I don't feel sorry for missing anything, if there was anything TO miss.

Xylus
02-05-2010, 02:13 PM

I stopped watching after the first season or two. now... none of the snippets I occasionally catch make any fucking sense.

Cool story, bro.

Stringer_Bell
02-05-2010, 02:25 PM

You might have a point there, as the producers said the "flashback" seasons don't really matter now that they are doing the "flash sideways" season. I think LOST would have been the perfect show if it was 4 seasons long. flashback, flashback, flashforward, flashsideways...otherwise it does start to feel like they put in a lot of useless shit to fill time between seasons 2-4. :(

The most irritating part is that they would introduce scary mysterious people, then it turns out they are nothing or get killed randomly or answer to some else. I liked the mystery of the Others when they took Walt...that shit was intense! But the Others ain't shit now.

lefty
02-05-2010, 02:31 PM
shouldn't they call the show: "vacation" then?

I stopped watching after the first season or two. Now... None of the snippets i occasionally catch make any fucking sense.

I don't feel sorry for missing anything, if there was anything to miss.

+245000

JudynTX
02-05-2010, 02:36 PM

You have to have patience with this show, otherwise you will be LOST. :lol

Spurminator
02-05-2010, 02:42 PM
You might have a point there, as the producers said the "flashback" seasons don't really matter now that they are doing the "flash sideways" season. I think LOST would have been the perfect show if it was 4 seasons long. flashback, flashback, flashforward, flashsideways...otherwise it does start to feel like they put in a lot of useless shit to fill time between seasons 2-4. :(

The most irritating part is that they would introduce scary mysterious people, then it turns out they are nothing or get killed randomly or answer to some else. I liked the mystery of the Others when they took Walt...that shit was intense! But the Others ain't shit now.

There are a lot of continuity issues.

If they had to do it again I'm sure they would start with an end point in mind. Maybe they will for the next show. It's obvious that they were just swinging from the hips in the first 2 1/2 seasons, creating mystery and weirdness without knowing (or caring) how all of it would eventually be explained.

All of that aside, I still love this show, especially since the end of season 3.

Kermit
02-05-2010, 03:23 PM

You're right. They should rename the show Vacation. Awesome idea.

EmptyMan
02-05-2010, 06:24 PM

It's all good. Even after the series finale I still will not understand wtf is going on until I rewatch the entire thing from the start.

Gerryatrics
02-06-2010, 12:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Gj0m9.jpg

EmptyMan
02-06-2010, 08:34 AM
lmao

exstatic
02-06-2010, 10:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Gj0m9.jpg

:lmao Win

Kamala
02-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Lost is the tits!
I can't wait to take a suckle every Tuesday.
:baby

spursfan09
02-08-2010, 02:08 AM
Does anyone know if Dominic Monaghan and Evangiline Lilly are still together? Did I misspell her name? Did I misspell misspell?

Xylus
02-08-2010, 02:44 AM
Does anyone know if Dominic Monaghan and Evangiline Lilly are still together? Did I misspell her name? Did I misspell misspell?

1. I don't think they are.
2. It's Evangeline Lilly.
3. No, you spelled it correctly.

ATRAIN
02-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Finally saw the 2 hours and that shit was craziness. A lot of good theories and some were what I was thinking as well but knowing this show what looks obvious will prob not be the truth.

ATRAIN
02-08-2010, 10:37 AM
How did that guy become the blacky?

spursfan09
02-08-2010, 11:41 AM
1. I don't think they are.
2. It's Evangeline Lilly.
3. No, you spelled it correctly.

Awww. I liked them as a couple....

JudynTX
02-09-2010, 08:48 AM
:toast Can't wait for tonight!

Ginofan
02-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Duuuuuuuuuude! I'm just getting more and more questions, not enough answers! :lol

Now Claire is not really Claire??? She's "evil" Claire like Sayid is going to become "evil" Sayid? What the heck was in that water?! I'm kind of "ehh" about this new kind of Sawyer, I miss the thieving jerk from the beach, this new emotional one is getting on my nerves.

exstatic
02-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Duuuuuuuuuude! I'm just getting more and more questions, not enough answers! :lol

Now Claire is not really Claire??? She's "evil" Claire like Sayid is going to become "evil" Sayid? What the heck was in that water?! I'm kind of "ehh" about this new kind of Sawyer, I miss the thieving jerk from the beach, this new emotional one is getting on my nerves.

Makes sense. She just left Aaron, a shitty thing to do. My guess is that it's some sort of smoke monster "infection".

Weird to see Ethan. Makes sense, though. L'il Ethan was probably evacuated on the sub with the women and children in 1977.

Xylus
02-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Emotional Sawyer is awesome. His scene with Kate on the dock was devastating.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-10-2010, 12:01 AM

I know right! Honestly that scared the shit out of me, I remember that episode perfectly.

JudynTX
02-10-2010, 09:15 AM

Dude! WTF and Who the hell is Sayid now? :bang :lol

:( He blames himself for Juliet's death.

EmptyMan
02-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Kate is good-looking but zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. You are a fugitive, we get it. Please go back to the island and answer our questions.

I like how they are building up Sawyer to be the mega anti-hero that will save the day.

exstatic
02-10-2010, 07:39 PM

Yeah, except where the fuck did he get a diamond engagement ring on the Island? Did Zales open a store for the Dharma initiative or something?

jaffies
02-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Oh...
FUCK YEAH!!!!!

Best episode in years!(?)

Death In June
02-16-2010, 10:29 PM
This season is starting to irritate me. There's a slow, plodding pace to the off island scenes. It's not entertaining, it's not moving or informative. It's just boring. And for every slight, passing reveal at the end of each episode (which only takes a few seconds) there is a large chunk of filler. Lost has always been sort of a one trick pony, but now that it has reached it's final season, you'd think the format would allow for a more dynamic send off. Raising more questions is just coming across as cheap.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Damn good episode, wonder what Sawyer and Smoke man are going to do.

exstatic
02-16-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm loving this new format: the continuation of the story, PLUS the what if? storyline/timeline of not crashing onto the Island.

4 Locke
8 Reyes
15 Ford
16 Jarrah
23 Shephard
42 Kwon (Sun or Jin?)

jaffies
02-16-2010, 11:11 PM
42 Kwon (Sun or Jin?)

Or baby Kwon.

Texas Chili Dog
02-16-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm loving this new format: the continuation of the story, PLUS the what if? storyline/timeline of not crashing onto the Island.

4 Locke
8 Reyes
15 Ford
16 Jarrah
23 Shephard
42 Kwon (Sun or Jin?)

Kate is obviously the major absence from this list. Makes ya wonder...

exstatic
02-16-2010, 11:48 PM

Unless the Kwon is Sun, there would be no women on this particular list. Kate's omission wouldn't be all that glaring in that light.

exstatic
02-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Or baby Kwon.

Didn't she conceive on the island? Then the baby wouldn't've been "brought" there.

exstatic
02-16-2010, 11:57 PM
I've always know that Oceanic flight 815 contained two of the magic numbers. Ajira 316 contains another, 16, but also the random number 3, not in the magical sequence. I'm wondering if the 3 means the three characters who's "number" is in one of the flight numbers: Reyes, Ford, and Jarrah. Maybe they have some special significance, or edge in being a "candidate"?

Texas Chili Dog
02-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Unless the Kwon is Sun, there would be no women on this particular list. Kate's omission wouldn't be all that glaring in that light.

Take a look at the screencaps:

http://getlostpodcast.iimmgg.com/image/bb397e3d19abeca811ac33494ab21ac3

You can see "Littleton" (Claire) crossed out in several pics (7, 8, 9, 11)...unless that is for Aaron. But it being crossed out raises questions if it is. You can also see "Goodspeed" (Horace?) in pic 17. And I'm not sure, but it looks like that could be "Faraday" near the bottom right in pic 11.

edit: there is also "Straume" (Miles) and Lewis (Charlotte?) written too.

Xylus
02-17-2010, 04:01 AM
I love how the writers tied in the mystery of the writers with the mystery of why they came to the island in the first place. This is one of the first times I can remember where something HUGE was promised at the beginning of an episode, and we got a HUGE answer by the end.

ATRAIN
02-17-2010, 08:39 AM
I was just thinking about this and Abbrams did an "alternate" universe in Star Trek. I know he didnt write Star Trek but it shows the same theme that no matter what change in time takes place the characters destinies involved are somehow intertwined. Although the flashbacks are what ifs they are interesting for sure. I think the kid that smokey saw is Aaron. There was something about him for sure since he was the only baby not conceived on the island that survived birth. Definitely a great episode last night. How many more episodes do we have till the finale?

JudynTX
02-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Oh...
FUCK YEAH!!!!!

Best episode in years!(?)

:toast The freakin numbers man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This season is starting to irritate me. There's a slow, plodding pace to the off island scenes. It's not entertaining, it's not moving or informative. It's just boring. And for every slight, passing reveal at the end of each episode (which only takes a few seconds) there is a large chunk of filler. Lost has always been sort of a one trick pony, but now that it has reached it's final season, you'd think the format would allow for a more dynamic send off. Raising more questions is just coming across as cheap.

So stop watching. :rolleyes

4 Locke
8 Reyes
15 Ford
16 Jarrah
23 Shephard
42 Kwon (Sun or Jin?)

Hmmmm, yea Kate's name wasn't on the wall, maybe it is there and they just didn't show it to us. :lol

That little boy was a young Aaron or Locke? If it was Aaron, how could that be? Kate gave him to Claire's mom, remember? :bang

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JudynTX
02-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Oh and another thing, I'm really liking the Flash Sideways, the big "what if the plane didn't crash". :tu

SpursStalker
02-17-2010, 09:23 AM
"what if the plane didn't crash". :tu

They wouldn't be Lost ...

JudynTX
02-17-2010, 09:28 AM
The song that Sawyer was blasting in his bedroom was Search & Destroy by Iggy Pop. :lol It was bugging me not knowing what it was.

:lol @ SS

EmptyMan
02-17-2010, 10:42 AM
I agree with Death In June.

What is currently going on in the Island is what we are watching for.

The flash sideways stuff is all bullshit filler to carry this a full season. I don't care if Hurley cleaned up his mutton chops, give us answers.

I've started watching the entire series again from the start. The 7pm central "enhanced" episodes before the new episodes actually do a good job of pointing out the tie-ins from past episodes.

Death In June
02-17-2010, 12:06 PM
So stop watching. :rolleyes I'm not saying Lost doesn't have it's merits, or that I'm not interested in the overall story arch, but the show has issues. If you're going to talk about something in it's entirety, there's no point in only mentioning one aspect (the good).

Texas Chili Dog
02-17-2010, 04:47 PM
lostpedia has the entire list of names on Jacob's wall:

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Jacob's_Wall

Also, would that be "Jacob's ladder" they were climbing? :)

exstatic
02-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Interesting theory I read: the bomb both DID and DID NOT go off.

The sideways universe of 2004 is the one where it exploded. The Island is deep under the ocean. Oceanic 815 landed safely at LAX. Jacob probably never contacted anyone, which could explain the differences.

The current Island universe of 2007 is the one where it didn't go off. All of those people went through the crash of Oceanic 815, Ajira 314, both (poor Sun!) , or arrived on the freighter.

My thought is that there is no way that the sideways universe is the past of the current universe, and for one reason: the Island is immersed under leagues of water in the sideways universe. Even if it were to be somehow raised (unlikely, looks DOA) , the salt would have killed all of the plant life. It couldn't grow back in just 3 years. Of course, that would only be three years subjective time, so I'm probably wrong. The Island could resurrect, and spend a few hundred years healing itself, to magically appear in 2007. How would you explain The Others, Rose and the dentist, all of whom were there all along apparently, then?

I think the Kwon on the wall is Jin. The creators seem to be fond of dualities and symmetries. Try this on for size: When the group split originally, three left the island (Reyes, Jarrah, Shephard) and three stayed (Locke, Ford, Jin Kwon). Locke later left, but he used the Island's exit mechanism.

Jacob1983
02-18-2010, 12:14 AM
This might sound like a stupid question but do you think the real Locke might come back to life since he was buried on the island? I may be the only one on this but I would like to see a showdown between the real Locke and fake Locke. Last night's episode was better than the Kate episode last week. I do think the alternate dimension thing is interesting but I don't see what it has to do with the island.

Death In June
02-18-2010, 02:46 AM
I'm sure the alt timeline will end up being more than a "what if" scenario. As for lock coming back, as much as I like the character, it'd seem like cheating to bring him back to life. It'd make things significantly more inconsequential.

exstatic
02-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Ben Linus said it himself, although he is a liar of epic proportions when it suits him: Dead is dead. No one ever gets resurrected, although like Locke and Christian, they can be "replicated" from a dead, unburied corpse on the island. It isn't really them, though, and their corpses are still around somewhere on the island.

ATRAIN
02-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Ben Linus said it himself, although he is a liar of epic proportions when it suits him: Dead is dead. No one ever gets resurrected, although like Locke and Christian, they can be "replicated" from a dead, unburied corpse on the island. It isn't really them, though, and their corpses are still around somewhere on the island.

You know I wonder. Remember when Ben would go to the cabin to talk to "Jacob" was he really talking to Blackey? I think he appeared as Jack's dad to try to get to Claire and Jack. This season has made me think about all kinds of things........SOOOOO much has happened since this all started.

Shaolin-Style
02-18-2010, 10:53 AM

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here

In a recent "What if" flash they said they had lost Jack's dad somehow. Was his casket even on the plane? If not then how would that casket have gotten on the island in season 1, and smokey wouldn't have been able to replicate him would he?

Death In June
02-18-2010, 12:15 PM
His casket was on the plane in the "real" timeline. As for dead is dead, Sayid's case says otherwise.

EmptyMan
02-18-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why the man in black had to kill Ecko.

Shaolin-Style
02-18-2010, 04:35 PM
His casket was on the plane in the "real" timeline. As for dead is dead, Sayid's case says otherwise.

But its supposed to be a pretty much identical scenario minus the whole crashing part isn't it? Shouldn't his casket still be there, so how did they lose it?

Agitator
02-18-2010, 04:54 PM
More to the point:

Who fucking cares?

Stringer_Bell
02-18-2010, 05:43 PM
I like how Locke "recruiting" could end up being like The Stand with good and evil groups competing for the islands fate. I just hate how 90% of the time there's a showdown the action isn't as cool as the build-up.

Locke vs Jack, that's the final conflict just as it was the first conflict.

exstatic
02-18-2010, 10:31 PM
But its supposed to be a pretty much identical scenario minus the whole crashing part isn't it? Shouldn't his casket still be there, so how did they lose it?

Actually, there are a number of difference between the sideways time line and the original. Locke got the girl. James, apparently, isn't a con man. He warned Hugo on the lane about saying he was a lottery winner.

exstatic
02-18-2010, 10:33 PM
More to the point:

Who fucking cares?

You cared enough to post. If you were really nonchalant about it, you wouldn't have even clicked the thread.

Kermit
02-18-2010, 11:28 PM

Sorry if I'm being redundant. The island doesn't exist, or is buried at the bottom of the sea, therefore many of the events that shaped the normal timeline Losties didn't affect the sideways timeline. So, Locke was paralyzed some other way. Ben Linus is a teacher. Etc.

AFBlue
02-19-2010, 12:52 AM
Actually, there are a number of difference between the sideways time line and the original. Locke got the girl. James, apparently, isn't a con man. He warned Hugo on the lane about saying he was a lottery winner.

Sorry if I'm being redundant. The island doesn't exist, or is buried at the bottom of the sea, therefore many of the events that shaped the normal timeline Losties didn't affect the sideways timeline. So, Locke was paralyzed some other way. Ben Linus is a teacher. Etc.

The interesting thing is that Kate still ended up a murderer and I'm pretty sure she was missing from the numbered group on Jacob's ceiling...not sure what it means, but I definitely noticed.

I'm also interested to see how Locke got paralyzed if it wasn't by his father (who apparently is invited to his wedding).

And of course...how all of them are somehow intertwined regardless of whether the island exists or not.

Very cool the way the flash-sideways storyline is unfolding.

jaffies
02-19-2010, 01:05 AM
I'm also interested to see how Locke got paralyzed if it wasn't by his father (who apparently is invited to his wedding).

Totally forgot about that. :wow

Kermit
02-19-2010, 01:15 AM
The interesting thing is that Kate still ended up a murderer and I'm pretty sure she was missing from the numbered group on Jacob's ceiling...not sure what it means, but I definitely noticed.

And of course...how all of them are somehow intertwined regardless of whether the island exists or not.

Very cool the way the flash-sideways storyline is unfolding.

Sideways Kate says she's innocent. Lost Kate never said she didn't commit murder. I'm interested to see Sayid's flash-sideways. And the creators just announced that Shannon is coming back. 'Bout time.

JudynTX
02-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Totally forgot about that. :wow

Yea, so how did he get paralyzed? :wow

King
02-19-2010, 08:54 AM
What if the Kwon listed on the wall isn't Jin or Sun? What if it's their child?

EmptyMan
02-19-2010, 09:49 AM
I have a feeling Hugo will be King of the Island in the final episode.

Planting this seed for future bumpage.

Xylus
02-19-2010, 01:56 PM
I have a feeling Hugo will be King of the Island in the final episode.

Planting this seed for future bumpage.

I had that same thought after the last episode ended. Who better to run the Island than the benevolent Hurley?

AFBlue
02-19-2010, 06:37 PM
I have a feeling Jack will somehow die, but they'll put him in the water and he'll be resurrected as Jacob in Jack's body...leading to Jack (Jacob) v. Locke (MIB) to determine the fate of the island.

Planting the seed for future bumpage.

exstatic
02-19-2010, 08:59 PM
What if the Kwon listed on the wall isn't Jin or Sun? What if it's their child?

The terminology they use is being "brought to the island". Since Baby Kwon was conceived there, I don't see it.

EmptyMan
02-19-2010, 09:03 PM
If the 4815162342whateverwhatever were the only candidates (and maybe the pilot) then everyone else was "brought" to the Island to "assist' these candidates?

I think that's where Kate plays the X-factor between Sawyer and Jack. She may not be a candidate but she is too important to the show to not play a huge role.

Or she is hot and boosts ratings.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-19-2010, 09:05 PM
I have a feeling Kate sacrifices herself for everyone else, or that in the next episode Sawyer gets to pick someone to come with him and he picks Kate.

exstatic
02-19-2010, 09:09 PM
I have a feeling Jack will somehow die, but they'll put him in the water and he'll be resurrected as Jacob in Jack's body...leading to Jack (Jacob) v. Locke (MIB) to determine the fate of the island.

Planting the seed for future bumpage.

Jack was originally supposed to die in the first episode in the original drafts. A lot of decisions on the cast were based on who they liked and who worked. Ben Linus was supposed to be a 3 episode part.

I don't see Jack saving the day anymore. He seems more comfortable in his newer less involved persona. I remember the exchange between he and Kate in Dharma-ville when he refused to save young Ben where she said that the old Jack would never have done that. He remarked that she didn't really like the old Jack very much.

Jacob1983
02-20-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm not a fan of the newer less involved Jack. He comes off as a pussy. Ever since he returned to the island, he's been like that. While he was on the island the first time, he was a badass. I know it might not happen but I really want to see a showdown between fake Locke and the real Locke or maybe fake Locke and Jacob as Locke. That would be sweet.

Kamala
02-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Jack's character has changed quite a bit. I still love his character the most because he's so flawed. He seemed liked the big hero/leader. As the show goes on we see his need to fix everything, jealousy, insecurity, and daddy issues. He's made so many bad choices yet I can sort of see why given his history.

EmptyMan
02-21-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm almost done re-watching Season 2. I forgot how much of a badass Sawyer was. I bet he pulls off a "long con" over Man in Black towards the end.

tp2021
02-21-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm almost done re-watching Season 2. I forgot how much of a badass Sawyer was. I bet he pulls off a "long con" over Man in Black towards the end.

That would be pretty epic.

jaffies
02-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Damn, crazy-ass Claire is so FUCKING HOT!

"If Kate was raising Aaron...I'd kill her."

Be still my heart!

jaffies
02-23-2010, 10:23 PM
dp

Kermit
02-23-2010, 10:27 PM
"That's not Locke, that's my friend."

PseudoLocke's about to fuck some shit up. And who the fuck is coming? Aaron? Alternate reality Jack? Jack's kid? Desmond? Locke from alternate reality? Who the fuck is it?

Texas Chili Dog
02-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Any guesses on who the mother of Jack's kid is? Juliet maybe? And damn he had that kid at a young age.

Also, I don't think we know a Wallace because that was the name at #108 on the dial in the lighthouse. And tonight was the 108th episode.

exstatic
02-23-2010, 11:11 PM

PseudoLocke's about to fuck some shit up. And who the fuck is coming? Aaron? Alternate reality Jack? Jack's kid? Desmond? Locke from alternate reality? Who the fuck is it?

I'm not sure anyone's actually coming now. When Hugo told Jacob that Jack smashed the mirror, he was pretty unconcerned, like "he'll have to find another way now". I think the whole trip to the lighthouse was a ruse to get them OUT of the Temple and as far away as possible before FLocke gets there and does his bad thing to whoever is in residence.

Just a hunch, but I think the lighthouse is "Jacob's place" the way that the cliff side cave is "FLocke's place". He has his own list of names around the points of the compass.

Kermit
02-23-2010, 11:19 PM
When Hugo told Jacob that Jack smashed the mirror, he was pretty unconcerned, like "he'll have to find another way now".

I took it as the guy coming would have to find another way.

AFBlue
02-24-2010, 01:40 AM
I think it's Desmond that's making his way to the island.

And I'm glad they're giving Jack purpose again...'bout time he sacked up and at least did something.

exstatic
02-24-2010, 01:47 AM
I took it as the guy coming would have to find another way.
Exactly. My point was, Jacob didn't seem real concerned, and all but told Hugo that he just wanted them out of the Temple when FLocke gets there. I would have thought if the person enroute were important enough to the struggle, Jacob would have been formulating a new plan to guide them in immediately.

Jacob may also be lying about a person coming in the first place. He knew what degree setting the mirror was on, and was INSISTENT that Jack go along. Why? Maybe because he knew that to get from where the mirror was to where Hugo said it had to go, he KNEW that Jack would see his boyhood home when the pointer went over the location with his name on it. He WANTED Jack to know he had been watched. That is probably the first step towards Jack having his realization of why he really came back to the Island.

gm5k
02-24-2010, 04:58 AM
Time for new Lost after long music writing session. Cheers to already being really buzzed :toast

fuck - just realized I can't watch it till ABC uploads it :lol i was so damn ready...

Texas Chili Dog
02-24-2010, 06:56 AM
This is so full of win. :lol :rollin

LOST showdowns (http://scott-c.blogspot.com/2009/12/great-showdowns-from-lost.html)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6zk7nz7u63g/SymsCThhq-I/AAAAAAAAEnU/lTFeQqj-_Lk/s1600/LOSTShowdowns_Part1-copy.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6zk7nz7u63g/SymtjicbmvI/AAAAAAAAEnc/T-p_DrV-rvY/s1600/LOSTShowdowns_Part2-copy.jpg

JudynTX
02-24-2010, 09:07 AM

Be still my heart!

She was a damn mess! :lol Seriously, she didn't need to kill that dude, did she? :wow

I had a hunch that it would be Flocke. Why would Desmond be coming back to the island? Was his name one of those listed in the cave? Could it be Charlies Widmore, he's still trying to find the island.

Any guesses on who the mother of Jack's kid is? Juliet maybe? And damn he had that kid at a young age.

Also, I don't think we know a Wallace because that was the name at #108 on the dial in the lighthouse. And tonight was the 108th episode.

His kid sure did look like Kate. :D

And I'm glad they're giving Jack purpose again...'bout time he sacked up and at least did something.

Jack is pissed!

EmptyMan
02-24-2010, 10:18 AM
These flash sideways parts are such a fucking waste of time. They are killing these episodes for me.

Answer the questions!
Answer the questions!
Flash Sideways - We talk to Peg Bundy
Answer the questions!
Commercial
Answer the questions!
Flash Sideways - Kid plays Piano
Answer the questions!
Commercial
Answer the questions!
Answer the questions!
Flash Sideways - We look for a will and talk to Mom
Answer the questions!
Answer the questions!
Last 2 Mins - Ahh a question was almost answered.

EmptyMan
02-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Also, I think I read the actor that plays Desmond was caught up in a sexual harassment scandal and was bumped down to just a guest star for the remainder of the series.

AFBlue
02-24-2010, 10:25 AM
She was a damn mess! :lol Seriously, she didn't need to kill that dude, did she? :wow

I think that was to illustrate how bad Claire has gotten...her mind has been warped by the ghost of her dead father and her "friend", that she would resort to killing.

I thought it was a little hokey the way Jin handled the situation though. No reason he can't explain what the hell happened...I mean, SHEs the one that went wondering off in the damn jungle in the middle of the night.

Probably the only stupid thing of the whole episode.

And unlike EmptyMan, I'm a huge fan of the flash sideways.

AFBlue
02-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Also, I think I read the actor that plays Desmond was caught up in a sexual harassment scandal and was bumped down to just a guest star for the remainder of the series.

That would suck, because they were building it up nicely for him to play a significant role. Of course, maybe his role was fulfilled by helping get the Losties back to the island.

JudynTX
02-24-2010, 10:46 AM

Yeah, he was. That's why I'm saying Widmore is coming back to the island.

I think that was to illustrate how bad Claire has gotten...her mind has been warped by the ghost of her dead father and her "friend", that she would resort to killing.

I thought it was a little hokey the way Jin handled the situation though. No reason he can't explain what the hell happened...I mean, SHEs the one that went wondering off in the damn jungle in the middle of the night.

Probably the only stupid thing of the whole episode.

And unlike EmptyMan, I'm a huge fan of the flash sideways.

They tried to make her resemble the French lady. :rolleyes That was hokey.

Stringer_Bell
02-24-2010, 12:11 PM

You missed the part of the episode where the dude that was tied up asked Jin to untie him so he could "snap her neck." The Others (Matrix Zion people) are at war with her, she couldn't have let him go...although she might have, but she was angry atm. I agree, she DID wander into the jungle without saying anything...her fault! But we can't just assume her killing the dude is to show she's crazy, he wanted to kill her first so it was justified...

I think I know what the flash-sideways are. If you bunch them all together, they'd prolly be "the end" of the series, like an epilogue. Jack and Locke seem to find peace, and Claire seems okay, and everyone else still have stories to be resolved but eventually I think everyone finds a way to "cope."

It would also explain why the island is underwater, there are no "candidates" that remain behind to protect it so it falls into the abyss. Somehow they find a way to get everyone off the island and MIB/Jacob game reaches an equilibrium. In the end, their lives aren't perfect because they weren't perfect to begin with - but they are stronger people and don't feel so "lost." :p:

JudynTX
02-24-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm really starting to believe that there might be an ultimate showdown in the end between Jack vs Flocke. Good vs evil?

IMHO

bostonguy
02-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Amazing how this season continues to kickass.

sonic21
02-28-2010, 11:09 AM
i've finally started watching the season...

Be still my heart!

:tu

Emilie De Ravin did a fantastic job playing Crazy-Claire. I loved Claire before but sometimes she was a little boring, it's nice to see her have some interesting story line.

JudynTX
03-01-2010, 12:59 PM
i've finally started watching the season...

Season 1? :wow

Kamala
03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
I love it when Hurley calls Jacob dude. I also loved when Hurley said Jacob comes and goes like Obi Wan Kenobi. Hurley rules!:lol

Texas Chili Dog
03-02-2010, 12:45 AM
I love it when Hurley calls Jacob dude. I also loved when Hurley said Jacob comes and goes like Obi Wan Kenobi. Hurley rules!:lol

Hell yes Hurley rules. One of my favorite characters, definitely. :lol

Blake
03-02-2010, 10:45 AM

She's been infected according to the temple guy.

Same way as all of Rousseau's (sp?) crew/husband got all infected and same way apparently Sayid is [getting] infected.

JudynTX
03-02-2010, 10:48 AM
She's been infected according to the temple guy.

Same way as all of Rousseau's (sp?) crew/husband got all infected and same way apparently Sayid is [getting] infected.

:toast Tonights episode is Sayid-centric.

Blake
03-02-2010, 10:52 AM
I think this season has sucked so far.

I miss the early days of looking for food and having the mystery of the hatch....

then I miss Ben and Whitmore fighting over the island....

I thought Locke would be the guy to take over things and fight off Ben and Whitmore and now he's just a dead bad smoke monster anti-jacob that killed Jacob.

and where's Desmond? Walt? What was so special about Walt in the beginning that Ben's Others wanted him?.......yet now he's not anywhere around?

I also would not mind at all watching the skinny temple guy with glasses get smokied. That guy's a real douche.

So far, :td

Blake
03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
:toast Tonights episode is Sayid-centric.

lemme guess.....

he gets full on infected and smokey now has recruit #2.....

EmptyMan
03-02-2010, 12:21 PM
I think the thing with Walt is that he cannot be in the entire series because of how quickly he is aging (changing appearance) in real life (being a kid and all). I'm so mind jumbled with the series time due to all of the flashing though. It just seems weird that he was so "special" and then was off the show. Michael was annoying though so it's all good.

I'm dying for a Richard-centric episode.

Kermit
03-02-2010, 12:39 PM
I think this season has sucked so far.

I miss the early days of looking for food and having the mystery of the hatch....

then I miss Ben and Widmore fighting over the island....

I thought Locke would be the guy to take over things and fight off Ben and Widmore and now he's just a dead bad smoke monster anti-jacob that killed Jacob.

and where's Desmond? Walt? What was so special about Walt in the beginning that Ben's Others wanted him?.......yet now he's not anywhere around?

I also would not mind at all watching the skinny temple guy with glasses get smokied. That guy's a real douche.

So far, :td

Blake
03-02-2010, 02:30 PM
it's been so long, I forgot how to spell whitmore's name.

I'm dying for a Richerd episode too.

JudynTX
03-02-2010, 03:02 PM
lemme guess.....

he gets full on infected and smokey now has recruit #2.....

I can't believe you are disappointed so far. :td

JudynTX
03-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Someone just sent me this. :lol

LOST characters explain how to make a sandwich.

Thought this was great and just had to share! From tumblr. Libby’s sandwich is my favorite.

How To Make a Sandwich on the Island:

Jack
1. Gather ingredients
2. Point gun at ingredients and shout “HOW DO I MAKE A SANDWICH OUT OF YOU?!?!?”
3. Breathe heavily through your nose as though you were about to hit ingredients
4. Give up and make the sandwich yourself, and eat it bitterly

Kate
1. Make separate sandwiches, one with peanut butter and one with jelly
2. Take a bite of the peanut butter sandwich, declaring it the best
3. Take a bite of the jelly sandwich, declaring it the best
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 ad infinitum
5. Follow peanut butter or jelly sandwich into grave danger

Sawyer
1. Throw the jar of jelly at wall, sneering “I don’t need no sandwich”
2. Call the mascot on the jar of peanut butter lots of clever nicknames
3. Huff and puff and stomp around and grumble a lot
4. When no one’s looking, make perfect, even, symmetrical peanut butter and jelly sandwich and sit in a corner, enjoying every bite

Locke
1. Sit idly by, believing that the ingredients will find a way to make a sandwich out of themselves
2. Lose faith and make the sandwich anyway
3. Realize that you were the instrument by which the ingredients chose to make a sandwich after all
4. Run around the room and grab everyone’s knives, insisting that their sandwiches will do the same in time

Hurley
1. Make sandwich
2. Eat sandwich
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 ad infinitum

Sayid
1. Procure 23 milligrams of uranium-20
2. Set hadron supercollider to eight megajoules
3. Program a sandwich-making macro using Cobol or Visual Basic
4. Act all tough-like

Desmond
1. Eat sandwich
2. Call the sandwich “brother”
3. Place peanut butter slice over jelly slice
4. Spread jelly on the other slice
5. Spread peanut butter on one slice
6. Take two slices of bread, a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly

Ben
1. Steal someone else’s sandwich
2. Claim you coerced them into making the sandwich for you all along
3. Say you’ll tell them everything if they make you another sandwich
4. Stare at them all creepy-like

Libby
1. Lay out plans for one of the most intricate, fascinating, and delicious sandwiches of all time
2. Just as you start making it, get shot

Danielle
1. Apply peanut butter
2. Disappear for eight months
3. Apply jelly
4. Disappear for eight months
5. Eat sandwich

Claire
1. Mmmmmmm, peanut butter

Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse
1. Make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
2. Have someone take a bite, then tell them it’s a baloney sandwich
3. Make up a whole bunch of other shit, then say you had planned it all along
4. Buy a few yachts

http://www.examiner.com/x-18971-LOST-Examiner~y2009m12d31-LOST-characters-explain-how-to-make-a-sandwich

Blake
03-02-2010, 03:14 PM
I can't believe you are disappointed so far. :td

I don't find any of this new temple stuff or people appealing.

I thought the oriental guy was sorta cool, but then Hurley tells him "I'm a candidate, I can walk around wherever I want to" to which he mumbles under his breath and walks away. wtf?

I hope smokey wipes them out tonight.

The only thing I'm curious about is who all the candidates are.....

The Oceanic 7? +Jin, Frank the pilot, Ben?

I'll tell you this much.......if the writers end up going space alien on us, I may give away my Lost box sets.

JudynTX
03-02-2010, 03:18 PM
I'll tell you this much.......if the writers end up going space alien on us, I may give away my Lost box sets.

You better give them to me. :ihit

You don't find it interesting that Jacob has been watching these candidates since they were small?

sonic21
03-02-2010, 03:29 PM
I want a richard centric too.

but the more that's revealed of him, it seems the less he's known all along.

Ruuuuuuuuun!!
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1577/eekn.jpg

Blake
03-02-2010, 04:26 PM
I want a richard centric too.

but the more that's revealed of him, it seems the less he's known all along.

Ruuuuuuuuun!!
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1577/eekn.jpg

that whole richard sequence where bad locke cut him down from that tarp......right before bad locke saw that freaky blonde kid....(Aaron?) was just bizarre.

Blake
03-02-2010, 04:29 PM
You better give them to me. :ihit

You don't find it interesting that Jacob has been watching these candidates since they were small?

yeah, I guess.

I think it explains more about Jack and his family line as a whole having some kind of special abilities.

Jack having a 14 year old son was a bit of a surprise.

Amarelooms
03-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Shit he stabbed that mofo and it didn't kill him :elephant

Texas Chili Dog
03-02-2010, 09:32 PM
"Now why'd you go and do that?"

oh shit!!! http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/willy_nilly.gif

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-02-2010, 10:01 PM
damn they all got their asses beat

EmptyMan
03-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Sayid, I am dissapoint.

Texas Chili Dog
03-02-2010, 10:19 PM
"Sayid" unleashed fucking hell in that temple! :lol

bostonguy
03-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Another kickass episode. I can't believe we are 10 episodes away from the 2 hour series finale. :depressed

4>0rings
03-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah I liked it better to when it was normal in the first season. They crashed, trying to survive and get off the island. Now it's all weird. They also said they would be answering things this season but they haven't. They are going to wait till the last 10 minutes of the last episode to say anything.

Why did you kill the samarui guy!!! He was cool as fuck, you kill him off. Eco was cool as fuck, and you kill him off. Stop killing the good actors and kill some douches off like Kate, Jack, and that asian kid.

Sii
03-02-2010, 10:53 PM
season 1 was a long time ago. I liked it too but Ive liked all the seasons. The show has evolved. Tonight was badass. if one didnt like that episode then maybe you just dont love this series that much

This season certainly has not sucked

We have gotten some answers in the first 6 episodes and I think we get more but im not expecting them to answer everything. anyone thats spent 5 years of their life invested in this show should know how things work by now

but this season has like 17 episodes I think so its not like they only have 1-2 left. There is plenty of time

Xevious
03-02-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm just curious how they are going to integrate these "sideways" flashes with what is going on on the island. The flashes are obviously not what would've happened had the plane not crashed. Their lives are completely different without Jacob's influence.

Blake
03-02-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm just curious how they are going to integrate these "sideways" flashes with what is going on on the island. The flashes are obviously not what would've happened had the plane not crashed. Their lives are completely different without Jacob's influence.

and really it's not running truly sideways as the non crash timeline is just a few days after they land.....which means what, 3 years ago?

I'm guessing it goes back to the Desmond destiny line. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the hobbit die again in this new timeline.

What I'm wondering about is why it was so crucial for the Oceanic 6 to all get back to the island.....

Stringer_Bell
03-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Yup, the LOST producers said they loved The Stand and now we're seeing it played out with our beloved characters...and it kicks ass! There was REAL suspense tonight, which is something I haven't felt since probably when the hatch exploded and Eko died (and maybe when Juliette detonated the bomb). Killing the samurai man after he poured his heart out was great, at least we know he's alive in the flash sideways. And holy shit Sayid killing Keamy/Omar was pimp!

Jack and Sayid's episodes this season have reinforced why they are my favorites, great writing and pacing overall. I can't wait to see Jack finally man up and beat the shit out of Evil Locke when the series ends...then I'm gonna cry like a bitch cuz it's over...then I'll take a week of vacation and watch the complete series from the beggining and eat haagen dazs.

JudynTX
03-03-2010, 09:18 AM
"Now why'd you go and do that?"

oh shit!!! http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/willy_nilly.gif

That was hilarious. :lol

"Sayid" unleashed fucking hell in that temple! :lol

No shit! Did you notice images inside Smokey as he was flying around. I did, hope to find screen caps of 'em. :wow

season 1 was a long time ago. I liked it too but Ive liked all the seasons. The show has evolved. Tonight was badass. if one didnt like that episode then maybe you just dont love this series that much

This season certainly has not sucked

We have gotten some answers in the first 6 episodes and I think we get more but im not expecting them to answer everything. anyone thats spent 5 years of their life invested in this show should know how things work by now

but this season has like 17 episodes I think so its not like they only have 1-2 left. There is plenty of time

:tu Exactly!

Yup, the LOST producers said they loved The Stand and now we're seeing it played out with our beloved characters...and it kicks ass! There was REAL suspense tonight, which is something I haven't felt since probably when the hatch exploded and Eko died (and maybe when Juliette detonated the bomb). Killing the samurai man after he poured his heart out was great, at least we know he's alive in the flash sideways. And holy shit Sayid killing Keamy/Omar was pimp!

I didn't know they were fans of The Stand. It makes sense now. :lol

Jack and Sayid's episodes this season have reinforced why they are my favorites, great writing and pacing overall. I can't wait to see Jack finally man up and beat the shit out of Evil Locke when the series ends...then I'm gonna cry like a bitch cuz it's over...then I'll take a week of vacation and watch the complete series from the beggining and eat haagen dazs.

Good vs Evil - epic finale.

Kermit
03-03-2010, 10:24 AM
That was hilarious. :lol

No shit! Did you notice images inside Smokey as he was flying around. I did, hope to find screen caps of 'em. :wow

:tu Exactly!

I didn't know they were fans of The Stand. It makes sense now. :lol

Good vs Evil - epic finale.

I don't buy the good/evil angle for a second. There is no way the MIB has done anything worse than what Jacob's people did to Dharma, the Losties, etc. They're both shitheads.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-03-2010, 11:45 AM
It was a damn good episode, although I thought claire was going to kill kate after she found out that kate raised aaron

exstatic
03-06-2010, 06:54 PM
It was a damn good episode, although I thought claire was going to kill kate after she found out that kate raised aaron

The look that Flocke gave Kate after the Temple slaughter...damn, it gave me chills. It was like he was thinking "What are you doing alive? Ah, well, I can always kill you later..."

I think that one of the major purposes of the sideways timeline is to show that you are who you are. Sayid was a killer in the past, he's a killer in the sideways timeline, and he's a killer on the Island now. Jack still has daddy issues in the sideways timeline. I think you'll find in the Hurley episode that he still does what people tell him to in the sideways timeline, even if his attitude about being cursed is gone/nonexistent.

As for Jacob, I still see him as the force for good. Yeah, he wiped out the Dharmas, but after seeing them up close, they weren't the cool hippie type community they were originally presented to be. That one dude with the thinning long hair and the glasses was an ASS. They weren't above a spot of killing themselves, and I believe they had become a tool of Smokie in his quest to get off the island.

EmptyMan
03-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Damn Sayid, I am still dissapoint.

exstatic
03-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Damn Sayid, I am still dissapoint.

Why? He is what he is. Even in the episode that flashed back to his childhood, he snapped that chicken's neck so that his brother wouldn't get beaten.

He's a killer. He's always been a killer. He'll always be a killer. I think the only reason he didn't kill Ben in the pool room is that he thought FLocke would get him.

He shot a child. Shouldn't you have been disappointed then?

exstatic
03-07-2010, 12:04 AM
One random thought. Rousseau had her baby taken by the others. She lived alone and opposed them. Claire THINKS her baby was taken by the others. She lives alone VERY much like Rousseau did. She's also allied with FLocke/Smocke. Do you think Rousseau was? I do. I think there's some reason to keep babies away from FLocke/Smocke (never bring Aaron back to the island!!). I also think it's the reason women on the island can't have babies. I think that may be Jacob's doing.

EmptyMan
03-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Why? He is what he is. Even in the episode that flashed back to his childhood, he snapped that chicken's neck so that his brother wouldn't get beaten.

He's a killer. He's always been a killer. He'll always be a killer. I think the only reason he didn't kill Ben in the pool room is that he thought FLocke would get him.

He shot a child. Shouldn't you have been disappointed then?

I was 99% sure Sayid was going to be pure good side. I talked myself into thinking Sayid was a good guy (i.e., Hurley good guy level) just as he had believed himself to be. The lost love + torture brought out the inner Rambo though.

I was definitely not expecting him to be the linchpin for Flocke. Nice job producers.

Once you kill the Samurai there is no going back. Sayid is SOL.

exstatic
03-07-2010, 10:53 AM
I was 99% sure Sayid was going to be pure good side. I talked myself into thinking Sayid was a good guy (i.e., Hurley good guy level) just as he had believed himself to be. The lost love + torture brought out the inner Rambo though.

I was definitely not expecting him to be the linchpin for Flocke. Nice job producers.

Once you kill the Samurai there is no going back. Sayid is SOL.

You were ignoring a lot of stuff then.

The only thing I saw as different in this past episode is that he seemed to enjoy killing Dogen and Lennon. They hadn't showed that side of Sayid before.

JudynTX
03-08-2010, 10:27 AM
:tu I'm looking forward to the Ben-centric episode tomorrow night.

Amarelooms
03-08-2010, 10:35 AM
:tu I'm looking forward to the Ben-centric episode tomorrow night.

Are they really gonna kill him off? :elephant