PDA

View Full Version : To Laker Fan at AT&T Center

The_Worlds_finest
01-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks for supporting the Spurs payroll and watching your team get thier ASS KICKED!!!

:lol

EricB
01-12-2010, 10:58 PM
t shirt laker fan can go screw themselves.

EP Money Man
01-12-2010, 11:01 PM
I especially liked it when the home crowd finally started drowning them out there in the 4th.

You could feel playoff intensity when crowd started chanting "GO SPURS GO."

easy7
01-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Yes, I saw a lot of t-shirt Lakers fans who have not been west of 1604 all their lives.

Fpoonsie
01-12-2010, 11:02 PM

+ fucking 1.

Those numerous "Luuuuuuuuke"s and the noise at the line for Timmy was INFURIATING. No WAY those were all LA transplants.

Buddy Holly
01-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Yes, I saw a lot of t-shirt Lakers fans who have not been west of 1604 all their lives.

A lot of people from Cali move to SA.

Fpoonsie
I especially liked it when the home crowd finally started drowning them out there in the 4th.

You could feel playoff intensity when crowd started chanting "GO SPURS GO."

Yep. I can only assume that that was the inspiration for it. Awesome...

...and fucking shameful.

Fpoonsie

...but not THAT many.

Verdad?

EricB
01-12-2010, 11:04 PM

shit, west of 410...

blkroadrunners
01-12-2010, 11:06 PM
+ fucking 1.

Those numerous "Luuuuuuuuke"s and the noise at the line for Timmy was INFURIATING. No WAY those were all LA transplants.

Why do they do that anyways?! Luke Walton sucks.

blkroadrunners
01-12-2010, 11:08 PM
shit, west of 410...

I hear ya on that...

Buddy Holly
01-12-2010, 11:08 PM
...but not THAT many.

You'd be surprised. I know three separate people at my gym who moved to SA from the LA area within the last two years. And my gym isn't on the north, northwest or northeast side. California is responsible for the second most number of transplants to SA behind Texas.

Verdad?

?

Yogurt210
01-12-2010, 11:11 PM

..including me haha...
way back like 20 years ago tho, lol.

Ditty
01-12-2010, 11:17 PM
yah i know like 3 that moved from cali one guy was san diego but really didnt care too much about the lakers and the other girl is from pasedena and is a huge lakers fan who told she was at the game with all her little homies that moved with her from LA

all I tell lakers fan is to go back to LA or if they ever lived in LA I hate those fans

Solid D
01-12-2010, 11:17 PM
It's called sell a shack for $500K and buy a three-thousand footer in SA for cash.

I watched the game on TV tonight. I could hear some Laker fans on the TV broadcast but it was never louder than the Spurs crowd. For years, though, even in the days at the Alamodome, there have always been lady-screamer-Kobe-fans shrieking after every made basket. It's just a given.

01-12-2010, 11:19 PM
there are a lot of spurs fans in los angeles too. in fact, i was surprised when i went to a clippers game. the cheers were almost as loud for the spurs as it was for the clippers. i could see spurs jerseys everywhere, vastly outnumbering clipper ones. obviously, it would be drowned out in a laker game but there are a lot of spurs fans in la.

EricB
01-12-2010, 11:20 PM
It's called sell a shack for $500K and buy a three-thousand footer in SA for cash.

I watched the game on TV tonight. I could hear some Laker fans on the TV broadcast but it was never louder than the Spurs crowd. For years, though, even in the days at the Alamodome, there have always been lady-screamer-Kobe-fans shrieking after every made basket. It's just a given.

Always will be.

I remember as a kid there being lots of Laker fans coming to the Hemisphare when the likes of Magic, Worthy, Divac and others showed up.

jb4g
01-13-2010, 10:11 AM
what cracks me up is when I see a couple, the guy in a lakers jersey, the girl in a spurs jersey...or vice versa. I always want to ask if the winner has to sleep on the couch that night.

twincam
01-13-2010, 10:14 AM

True. I have some California neighbors. They wear their Laker gear on weekends for their get togethers. You can tell they are Californians with their shaven heads, wife beater shirts, etc. The pleasant thing about them is that they're actually nice people.
I just don't like that fact that I see yellow/purple next door to me when I'm outdoors.
They kind of remind me of the movie "Next Friday" when the Puerto Rican dudes moved into that nice neighborhood and stood out amongst the rest. They look like dirties, but they are pleasant people that are very respectful.

Anyhow...Go Spurs Go!

rAm
01-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Funny, cause I'm from cali and I am a Spurs fan : )

Chomag
01-13-2010, 12:19 PM

This!

TimDunkem
01-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Laker fan in beret and boots can go screw themselves.

Al Koholik
01-13-2010, 12:26 PM
To me they came to SA because they thought it was better. They were able to make a better life or start fresh so why wouldn't they get behind the team that is in the city that gave them another chance?

No they will cheer for LA even though Cali says they don't make enough money to live there anymore.

Al Koholik
01-13-2010, 12:32 PM
When I see that shit here I want break my empties over their freakin' heads!

SenorSpur
01-13-2010, 12:34 PM

So did I. In fact, there were a couple of times the roar was so loud, I had to do a double-take to ensure it wasn't the Spurs that had scored a basket.

bobby4germany
01-13-2010, 12:35 PM
To me they came to SA because they thought it was better. They were able to make a better life orstart fresh so why wouldn't they get behind the team that is in the city that gave them another chance?

No they will cheer for LA even though Cali says they don't make enough money to live there anymore.

I moved to Dallas last year because I found a really good job here but I will NEVER support the ponys! I proudly wear my spurs gear where ever I go. Just because I dont live in San Antonio doesnt mean I have to stop being a fan.

Ditty
01-13-2010, 12:36 PM
when you kinda look at it san antoio is like a smaller LA with the huge hispanic influence and the love for our teams and both cities dont have football teams

panic giraffe
01-13-2010, 12:39 PM
i understand that there's always going to be people that just naturally root for goliath, i mean if we get a baseball team, you can bet there'll be yankee fans there too...but last night you really saw the effects of the most recent cali migration. i mean the first time kobe went to the line there was a huge chant of "mvp", it was pretty sickening.

did they say anything about the la noise on the broadcast?

also all i'm saying is that i could tell alot of them were transplants, especially the females, they don't make girls like that in south texas...