PDA

View Full Version : so....where was Mahinmi tonight!?

SPURSGOAT
01-12-2010, 11:25 PM
I thought for sure he would be playing against the Lakers; especially how good he did against New Jersey.... He wasn't even in the box score with a "DNP - Coaches Decision"...:depressed

Capt Bringdown
01-12-2010, 11:27 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Bizarre.

superjames1992
01-12-2010, 11:27 PM
We won, so I'm not worried about it! :)

ffadicted
01-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Now you guys are asking too much of Pop lol

raspsa
01-12-2010, 11:28 PM
It was a tuesday so Pop decided not to play him.

angelbelow
01-12-2010, 11:29 PM
I thought it was justified. Ian is still very inexperienced and it didn't look like we needed his athleticism tonight so its no big deal. He'll probably get a nice run against OKC tomorrow.

EricB
01-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Dice played very well and with no Gasol the Lakers played uber small ball, so he wasn't a good match.

nbaman99
01-12-2010, 11:30 PM
against thunder tomorrow, he will play resting duncan more.

HarlemHeat37
01-12-2010, 11:31 PM
It was more interesting seeing how McDyess and Ratliff would respond IMO..

Mahinmi has to play tomorrow though..it's against a team that always takes advantage of us with their athleticism, and I'm expecting Duncan not to play anyways..I'd rather he get more minutes against teams that are inferior to the Lakers, and hopefully we see what he's got the next time we play LA..

that's if he's even still on the roster by then, of course..

Ibaka vs. Mahinmi would be a nice matchup to watch..

Fabbs
01-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Dice played very well and with no Gasol the Lakers played uber small ball, so he wasn't a good match.
Because with the following minutes:
Bynum 42
Odom 40

"the Lakers played uber small ball, so he wasn't a good match" :lmao

EricB
01-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Because with the following minutes:
Bynum 42
Odom 40

"the Lakers played uber small ball, so he wasn't a good match" :lmao

Your comfortable with Ian Mahinmi guarding Lamar Odom?

Why am I even bothering...

DesignatedT
who cares

exstatic
I thought for sure he would be playing against the Lakers; especially how good he did against New Jersey.... He wasn't even in the box score with a "DNP - Coaches Decision"...:depressed

So, because he did OK against the WORST team in the league, he's going to play against the BEST team in the league?

ducks
01-12-2010, 11:34 PM
I want him to stuff durant

SpursRulez4eVeR
01-12-2010, 11:34 PM
TBH i would rather see theo out there than ian for defensive purposes but ya...now that pop is prob gonna rest TD for tmr's game , ian should get some playing time against OKC

ffadicted
01-12-2010, 11:36 PM
I thought it was justified. Ian is still very inexperienced and it didn't look like we needed his athleticism tonight so its no big deal. He'll probably get a nice run against OKC tomorrow.

Too true, espescially if Timmy gets a DNP-CD like I expect him to

Fabbs
01-12-2010, 11:37 PM
So, because he did OK against the WORST team in the league, he's going to play against the BEST team in the league?
The Kobettes are a .500 team when Kobette has no one to lead him.
It's been verified over and over.

The Lakers are not the BEST team when their BEST player(s) are out.
(Gasol and refs.)

Rito3d30
01-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Hope Mahinmi will get lots of minutes for the b2b game tomorrow night:downspin:

Fabbs
01-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Your comfortable with Ian Mahinmi guarding Lamar Odom?

Why am I even bothering...
I don't know. Because you know FinleyBonner guarding Odom is the much Poppier choice. :lmao

owned!

objective
01-13-2010, 12:50 AM
he was activated, and that's a start

androck
01-13-2010, 01:24 AM
The Spurs declined Mahinmi's rookie contract option already. He won't be a Spur next season.

AFBlue
01-13-2010, 01:34 AM
I wonder if Mahinmi gets a start tomorrow.

I swear to God if Pop trots out a starting lineup of Dice and Ratliff again I'm going to shoot someone!

EricB
01-13-2010, 01:52 AM
I wonder if Mahinmi gets a start tomorrow.

I swear to God if Pop trots out a starting lineup of Dice and Ratliff again I'm going to shoot someone!

What if its Ratliff and Blair?

Starting lineups are so overhyped around here...

Nathan Explosion
01-13-2010, 01:57 AM
I wouldn't mind Ian getting some minutes against OKC. Put Haslip on for a bit and see what we've got there while you're at it.

Chieflion
01-13-2010, 02:20 AM
Pop was about to play him with a minute left in the game, too bad there was no whistle. He was kneeling in the middle of the court.

TD 21
01-13-2010, 02:29 AM
He's perfect to play against the Thunder. He'll be pumped and be full of energy on a night where most of the rest of the team is likely to look dead-legged. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Duncan doesn't play and now that we know Parker has plantar fasciitis, it wouldn't be a bad idea to rest him as well. Even if they both played, the Spurs will have a tough time winning this game, so it's best to play Mahinmi, play Hairston and play Hill, Mason and Blair extended minutes.

OrEmuN
01-13-2010, 02:33 AM
I wouldn't mind Ian getting some minutes against OKC. Put Haslip on for a bit and see what we've got there while you're at it.

A blowout? And Haslip and Ian comes on...

pawe
01-13-2010, 02:34 AM
TD played a lot of minutes tonight so Pop will definitely rest him tomorrow. Expect Ian to gobble up tons of playing time against Durant.

mountainballer
01-13-2010, 02:36 AM
Pop wanted to play Ian. but he fouled out on his way from the locker room to the arena.

SPURSGOAT
01-13-2010, 03:09 AM
The Spurs declined Mahinmi's rookie contract option already. He won't be a Spur next season.

Really!? Damn that sux! I was one of the ones that really had high hopes for him.... just never developed into the NBA level player like I hoped he would...Well hopefully some other NBA team will take a chance on him if the Spurs let him go... maybe they can package him in a trade before the deadline.

Pop better not pull that crap he did against Toronto with TD...

Will see what Ian does against OKC tomorrow night.

SPURSGOAT
01-13-2010, 03:09 AM
Pop wanted to play Ian. but he fouled out on his way from the locker room to the arena.

:lol

draft87
01-13-2010, 03:39 AM

Yeah, unfortunately even a lot of Spurs fans think the way to watch basketball is to check the starting lineup and the box score for 'pts'

They're the same people who probably think that I'm trying to say that starting lineups and individual scoring stats don't matter.

There might even be someone that replies to this, "So What. So what do you know about basketball? huh? In case you didn't realize championship teams have good starting lineups and the team with the most points wins."

See how I used both "They're" and "There" ........... :p:

draft87
01-13-2010, 03:48 AM
There's a lot of replies and I didn't get to read them but just in case this wasn't already addressed:

a) Ian went to the scorer's table just after Blair went back in. It was about 1:00 minute left in the game. There was never a whistle and once we got the ball back with 0:28 or whatever there was just no point.

b) If we kept the lead at 22 and the game dried out I bet Ian would have gone in. Maybe even as early as late-3rd quarter. But the game got weird. Even though the Lakers' post up strategy would seem like a good opportunity for Ian, the game got way too close so there was no chance of Ian getting in until the W was a sure shot. So long story short, Ian didn't get in because we lost our momentum in the 3rd quarter.

c) If you're still not convinced think of it this way: Pop went to Ratliff in the second quarter. He played only four minutes and never came back. If he wasn't bringing Theo back he was cutting the rotation after McDyess and allowing the 'small ball squad' to play it through.

Obstructed_View
01-13-2010, 12:50 PM

Yeah, as are early double digit defecits and losses. :lol

You're still the king, Kelso.

hater
01-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Ian will play tonight :tu

dbestpro
01-13-2010, 12:54 PM
If Dice guards Odom and he scores Pop will snarl. If Ian guards Odom and he scores Pop will send him shopping to the big and tall men store for another suit.

It was more about Pop knowing himself and how he might react. I expect he will give Ian some run against a less challenging yet more athletic OKC team.

TJastal
01-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Pop was about to play him with a minute left in the game, too bad there was no whistle. He was kneeling in the middle of the court.

1 minute isn't even really "playing", more like a jog around the house.

Obstructed_View
01-13-2010, 01:20 PM
The fact that he's suiting up is a good sign, guys. Don't get too worked up this soon.

Spursmania
01-13-2010, 01:48 PM
No worries, Ian will play plenty tonight. I was happy he was suited up last night, but I didn't expect Pop to play him much given the caliber of team LA is.

Tonight, we will see a lot of Ian. He will prove whether or not he deserves more playing time tonight against a super athletic Durant and Green team.