PDA

View Full Version : Post-Game Show

drobfan50
01-13-2010, 12:52 AM
First post....big-time Spurs fan since 89....

Obviously a big win tonight, but the way the post-game show on WOAI sounded on the way home, we have nothing to be excited about. Despicable WOAI post game from what is supposed to be a home-town broadcast. I mean seriously, I get it.....Kobe left with back spams....But come on, this is all Phil Jackson playing head games already seeing that his team was straight out getting dominated and then deciding to pull Kobe with a min left in the 3rd and save him for the back-to-back and give the rest of the team a chance to try and pull it out...If this guy was so hurt, why is he probable for tomorrow?.....And all I keep hearing from Mike what's his name from Dallas - DBAG is how we won a game in which their two best players were out....I'm pretty certain he compared this game from a Lakers perspective to playing the Spurs without TP and TD.....ummm.....I was there and if I recall, Kobe was in till about a min left in the 3rd.....we were beating them, right?

I have grown up a Spurs fan from Corpus Christi listening to WOAI as long as I can remember, but I actually cut this crap off on the way home (I now live in SA) b/c it was just pathetic to hear this choad-bag try to take away credit for a good win....

I don't post much.....I really enjoy all the viewpoints on the board, but seriously, I was so pissed off after having to listen to this asshole on WOAI keep making excuses for the Lakers that I actually had to cut off the broadcast.....I think that's the first time I've done that in probably about 15 years as a WOAI fan!!!! I'm sure if I had called in about a postive reponse regarding the Cowboys during a Spurs post-game, I would have had a lot more positive reaction from this asshole host!!!! Just lousy.....Can we get a Spurs homer back on the post-game that is legitimately excited for the SPURS?!?!?!

I'm seriously contemplating dumping WOAI b/c of this moron!!!!

HarlemHeat37
01-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Kobe played 32 minutes and the Lakers shot 2% better from the field after he went out..he's obviously a big difference maker, but we were dominating them when Kobe was in the game..he would have made a difference, but not enough to change a 15-point game IMO..they were making shots that they weren't making when he was in the game..

Gasol OTOH is a huge factor..

slick'81
01-13-2010, 12:57 AM
yes losing gasol was a much bigger factor then kobe leaving down a bunch

drobfan50
01-13-2010, 12:57 AM
Totally agree Harlem Heat....I actually met a few cool Lakers fan and told them straight up at halftime, the Lakers would make their run. I fully expected it. And I also agree Gasol is a huge factor. I used to love him when he was with Memphis and he's honestly a perfect #2 next to Kobe, but the post-game vibe just ticked me off.

jimo2305
01-13-2010, 02:08 AM
i wish i saw the game.. i was too tired and needed sleep but.. lets be real here.. a victory is a victory yes.. but you can't just ignore the way we've started out our season.. you can't blame people for being not as enthusiastic as they would if our record proved much better..

we beat an above 500 team.. but were they above 500 without their 2 best players? sure it wasn't a walk in the park.. but just because we beat them now.. this really doesn't prove much.. that we're ready to walk among the elites yet because 1.. we need a better record and 2.. we beat them without their 2 players.. plain and simple..

do you think a team should be proud if they beat us without duncan and parker/manu?