PDA

View Full Version : With the loss, the Lakers were denied their first crack at becoming the only NBA fran

draft87
01-13-2010, 01:14 AM
from ESPN.com's recap of the game tonight.

"With the loss, the Lakers were denied their first crack at becoming the only NBA franchise with 3,000 victories. They'll try again Wednesday at Dallas."

Very grateful that the 3,000th victory will be surrendered by someone else
.....and hope it will be Dallas!

jimo2305
01-13-2010, 01:35 AM
lol really.. im surprised it'd have taken this long to reach 3k.. it hought it woulda been reached a while back

wijayas
01-13-2010, 02:44 AM
from ESPN.com's recap of the game tonight.

"With the loss, the Lakers were denied their first crack at becoming the only NBA franchise with 3,000 victories. They'll try again Wednesday at Dallas."

Very grateful that the 3,000th victory will be surrendered by someone else
.....and hope it will be Dallas!

I sure hope that Dallas beat the Lakers. We need to close the gap in the "L" column and reduce Lakers' aura of invincibility.

But if the Lakers did beat Dallas, it works for us too. We'llhave the same number of "L" with Dallas.

draft87
01-13-2010, 02:53 AM
I sure hope that Dallas beat the Lakers. We need to close the gap in the "L" column and reduce Lakers' aura of invincibility.

But if the Lakers did beat Dallas, it works for us too. We'll have the same number of "L" with Dallas.

I'm not so much worried about closing the gap between #1 and #s 2-14

I'm being optimistic thinking that we can work our way to a minimum #4 seed..and that being said I'd rather fight to the death against the Lakers in the 2nd or 3rd rounds rather than dog it in the regular season for a #1 seed only to be out of gas come postseason.

I'm also not a member of the Spurs organization so don't take my opinion too seriously.....but I wouldn't be surprised if Pop/R.C. are thinking somewhat along those lines.

There'll be more chances to catch up to Dallas but it's a long haul(or a nice losing streak by L.A.) to the Lakers. So if we're .5 or 1.5 game behind the Mavs after tomorrow I'm not sweating it. It'll be nice bragging rights, since the 3,000th win is inevitable, to always have that arguing point when some lame Mavs fan tries to reanimate the douch-y notion that "Mavs OWN Spurs"...not only do you have the four rings to point at but you can always say, "Well, when faced with the opportunity to give the Lakers their 3,000th win the Spurs fought strong and the Mavericks bitched out."

Trainwreck2100
01-13-2010, 02:55 AM
of course dallas will lose to the lakers

draft87
01-13-2010, 02:59 AM
of course dallas will lose to the lakers

what do you mean "of course"?