PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson Gives Update On Kobe Bryant's Back Injury

Azteca
01-13-2010, 02:00 AM
SxMnFcMaT10

rhyputa
01-13-2010, 02:13 AM
Back issue, it happened during the playoff games with Jazz, he'll be fine and play tomorrow

BRHornet45
01-13-2010, 02:22 AM
both of them need their asses beat.

Def Rowe
01-13-2010, 02:25 AM
both of them need their asses beat.

Wait, asses beat. You like to watch asses beat? You cuckhold.

BRHornet45
01-13-2010, 02:28 AM
Wait, asses beat. You like to watch asses beat? You cuckhold.

son first of all its "cuckold"

second ... if we are talking about asses like in my signature then yes. if we are talking about Kobe or Phil then no. those two douche bags need a good beatdown from someone like thuggin n buggin Kenyon Martin.

itzsoweezee
01-13-2010, 02:30 AM
i bet he'll be miraculously recovered. and i'm sure it was just a coincidence that he went out when the spurs were in full control of that game.

funny how these injuries to bryant happen to occur only when the lakers lose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA028dlUVwQ

primadona.

Def Rowe
01-13-2010, 02:35 AM
son first of all its "cuckold"

second ... if we are talking about asses like in my signature then yes. if we are talking about Kobe or Phil then no. those two douche bags need a good beatdown from someone like thuggin n buggin Kenyon Martin.

Ahh thx for the correction... That's right, Kenyon Martin yo.

TheManFromAcme
01-13-2010, 08:17 AM
i bet he'll be miraculously recovered. and i'm sure it was just a coincidence that he went out when the spurs were in full control of that game.

funny how these injuries to bryant happen to occur only when the lakers lose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA028dlUVwQ

primadona.

Historically, Kobe has had his way with S.A. at full will. You know what I am talking about and I am confident knowing you know this, so I'll leave it at that. Nice chest beating. Good win and congratulations. Nothing more. Nothing less. To insinuate that Kobe left because the game was out of control is nuts. Care to expand on your theories as to why the Spurs allowed a weak Laker bench to get within 7?

On your "Kobe leaving when games are out of control" comment, can you give me specific games, dates with accuracy?

....Do tell.

TDMVPDPOY
01-13-2010, 08:51 AM
kome pullin a PP fake ass injury to get sympathy mvp votes? fck that shit

ElNono
01-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Care to expand on your theories as to why the Spurs allowed a weak Laker bench to get within 7?

We got bored of toying with your starters after getting a 22 point lead?
It's not like the Lakers never lost a lead this season and you don't know what I'm talking about...

TheManFromAcme
01-13-2010, 10:09 AM
We got bored of toying with your starters after getting a 22 point lead?
It's not like the Lakers never lost a lead this season and you don't know what I'm talking about...

Your right. No arguments from me. Let me ask you Nono....Are you personally comfortable with this win without obviously 2 key components to the Lakers?
Can you sit there and type that ths win seals it for you and your team regarding being even with the Lakers?

I am curious to your response. Any expansion on this question aside from a yes, will tell me otherwise. If your answer is "Yes" to the above question than it will speak volumes.

Again. Good win and congratulations but seek in side thy self.....

ElNono
01-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Your right. No arguments from me. Let me ask you Nono....Are you personally comfortable with this win without obviously 2 key components to the Lakers?

I'm certainly comfortable with the fact that we won a game we were supposed to win. We laid an egg with the Blazers already losing to them at home when they were missing a bunch of guys. It's like the Lakers having to battle to beat the Rockets last year without TMac or Yao. They're trap games. So from that standpoint, I'm certainly comfortable.

At the end of the day, this is just another stepping stone into getting our team ready for the playoffs. It's a process, and wins like this one are confidence builders, wether you like it or not.

And BTW, I don't know what 2 key components you're talking about. Kobe played 32 minutes. That's 7 more minutes than Ginobili...

Dex
01-13-2010, 10:25 AM
I expect Kobe will have back surgery today, then go out and post 65 against the Mavericks.

TheManFromAcme
01-13-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm certainly comfortable with the fact that we won a game we were supposed to win. We laid an egg with the Blazers already losing to them at home when they were missing a bunch of guys. It's like the Lakers having to battle to beat the Rockets last year without TMac or Yao. They're trap games. So from that standpoint, I'm certainly comfortable.

At the end of the day, this is just another stepping stone into getting our team ready for the playoffs. It's a process, and wins like this one are confidence builders, wether you like it or not.

And BTW, I don't know what 2 key components you're talking about. Kobe played 32 minutes. That's 7 more minutes than Ginobili...

Good points and agreed. Great confidence builders when you beat on the depleted defending champs.
Your right-on regarding Kobe's minutes but won't you agree that if you take out a certain key player (a'la Kobe or Duncan) that a certain un-explainable dynamic occurs within that playing core? What I mean is, aside from minutes, Kobe was out (lets not forget Pau) a significant amount of time that quite possibly could have been a factor regarding the overall outcome. That's all I am saying and I would entertain this same theory if any of your key guys were out.

Anyhow Nono, good win and until we meet again.....:toast

TheManFromAcme
01-13-2010, 10:35 AM
I expect Kobe will have back surgery today, then go out and post 65 against the Mavericks.

Have to admit....that's pretty funny.:lol

ElNono
01-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Good points and agreed. Great confidence builders when you beat on the depleted defending champs.
Your right-on regarding Kobe's minutes but won't you agree that if you take out a certain key player (a'la Kobe or Duncan) that a certain un-explainable dynamic occurs within that playing core? What I mean is, aside from minutes, Kobe was out (lets not forget Pau) a significant amount of time that quite possibly could have been a factor regarding the overall outcome. That's all I am saying and I would entertain this same theory if any of your key guys were out.

Anyhow Nono, good win and until we meet again.....:toast

It's a confidence builder when you beat a good team. Regardless of missing Gasol, the Lakers are still a good team. There's no denying that.
You also love to point out how your scrub bench cut the lead to 7, but Bynum, who is a starter, was out there throughout that stretch, while both Duncan and Manu were resting for us. As soon they came back in, we stretched the lead back to 12+...

We're not asking to be crowned champions today. But if you're trying to convince me that we can't enjoy a good win against the Lakers because Kobe only played 32 minutes, then I have to ask you to stop with the excuses.

Tony Parker has been playing injured for a while now, including last night, and nobody is bitching about it...

SenorSpur
01-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Kobe is a goddamn physical freak and a true warrior, with a very high pain threshold. If he couldn't go, then something is really, seriously, wrong.

TheManFromAcme
01-13-2010, 11:10 AM
It's a confidence builder when you beat a good team. Regardless of missing Gasol, the Lakers are still a good team. There's no denying that.
You also love to point out how your scrub bench cut the lead to 7, but Bynum, who is a starter, was out there throughout that stretch, while both Duncan and Manu were resting for us. As soon they came back in, we stretched the lead back to 12+...

We're not asking to be crowned champions today. But if you're trying to convince me that we can't enjoy a good win against the Lakers because Kobe only played 32 minutes, then I have to ask you to stop with the excuses.

Tony Parker has been playing injured for a while now, including last night, and nobody is bitching about it...

Not trying to convince. Not at all. Just pointing out that's all.
Lets just meet again full-fledged and see what happens.

I think, no, I am confident we will see a different game. Okay?

ElNono
01-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Not trying to convince. Not at all. Just pointing out that's all. Lets just meet again full-fledged and see what happens.

I think, no, I am confident we will see a different game. Okay?

Every game is different. I think both our team and your team are a work in progress. Obviously the Lakers are a little further down the road considering they haven't changed much from last season.

And sure, we'll meet again and hopefully everyone will be healthy, and it will be another battle for the ages :toast

The Gemini Method
01-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Tough loss to swallow, but the Spurs aren't without merit. Injuries are part of sports and it is concerning that the Lakers are prone to missing someone at some point. It is also January and you all know what that means...Bynum's annual knee escapade could be there knowing his luck. I really hope instead of the Bosh rumors, the Lakers FO will address the bench. Their uneven play from hey, maybe they can contribute to why the fuck is that mf'er Sasha Vujacic out there is not going to help at all in the playoffs.

Muser
01-13-2010, 11:25 AM
If I was a Laker fan i'd be worried, as SenorSpur said if Kobe had to leave then something must be really bad with him. He's played a lot of minutes and L.A cannot afford for him to be playing at anything but 100%, especially with Pau being out.

The Gemini Method
01-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Fuck yeah I'm concerned...Pau has had hamstring issues all year. I don't know if this will be quelled the next time he returns, but if a minor grade 1 strain is going to sideline you for almost two weeks, I'm not sure this will be the last of his visits to the injury list. With Kobe and Artest banged up, it is really concerning as well. I also read Lamar is battling some injury to his wrist. Probably from jerkin' off Khloe...

DazedAndConfused
01-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Every game is different. I think both our team and your team are a work in progress. Obviously the Lakers are a little further down the road considering they haven't changed much from last season.

And sure, we'll meet again and hopefully everyone will be healthy, and it will be another battle for the ages :toast

There won't be a battle for the ages because quite frankly the Spurs are not contenders nor are they on the same level as a fully healthy Laker team. I'm willing to bet the Spurs don't even make it as far as the WCF.

All the Spurs proved last night was that they could beat up a depleted Laker team that has zero motivation to play hard. Nothing special about the win and your own coach admitted as much.

Typical of Spur fan though they tend to miss the glaring weaknesses of their own team. I've been right about your team two years in a row. Not enough interior scoring, average defense, declining play from the superstars.

You will never win another NBA championship with your core. NEVER.

ElNono
01-13-2010, 11:42 AM
http://notesonanapkin.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/crying.jpg

xtremesteven33
01-13-2010, 12:47 PM
You know Larry Bird retired early due to back problems....im just sayin...

hater
01-13-2010, 12:50 PM
There won't be a battle for the ages because quite frankly the Spurs are not contenders nor are they on the same level as a fully healthy Laker team. I'm willing to bet the Spurs don't even make it as far as the WCF.

All the Spurs proved last night was that they could beat up a depleted Laker team that has zero motivation to play hard. Nothing special about the win and your own coach admitted as much.

Typical of Spur fan though they tend to miss the glaring weaknesses of their own team. I've been right about your team two years in a row. Not enough interior scoring, average defense, declining play from the superstars.

You will never win another NBA championship with your core. NEVER.

:lmao looks like last night's loss hurt some Laker fans more than others

DazedAndConfused
01-13-2010, 12:54 PM
:lmao looks like last night's loss hurt some Laker fans more than others

1982...Conference Final....Lakers ... 4-0
1983...Conference Final....Lakers ... 4-2
1986...First round............Lakers ....3-0
1988...First round ...........Lakers ... 3-0
1995...Second round .......Spurs .....4-2
1999...Second round .......Spurs .....4-0
2001...Conference Final....Lakers.....4-0
2002...Second round .......Lakers.....4-1
2003...Second round .......Spurs .....4-2
2004...Second round........Lakers.....4-2
2008...Conference Final....Lakers.....4-1

:lmao. I'm so devastated. I mean the Lakers just can't beat the Spurs when it counts. Oh wait....

BlackSwordsMan
01-13-2010, 01:04 PM
bringing up stats from the 80's? damn you must be mad

DazedAndConfused
01-13-2010, 01:10 PM
bringing up stats from the 80's? damn you must be mad

ElNono
01-13-2010, 01:13 PM
So much butthurt over a meaningless game...
Lakerfan just bitter that the best team won last night...

FkLA
01-13-2010, 01:14 PM

I didnt know the Lakers still had the MDE?

hater
01-13-2010, 01:18 PM
So much butthurt over a meaningless game...
Lakerfan just bitter that the best team won last night...

it looks like last night's loss left him all dazedandconfused :lol

SpuronyourFace
01-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Bryant's back will be his undoing. Once the back goes, its all down hill from here folks.

Ghazi
01-13-2010, 01:28 PM
I was told someone heard on LA radio there's a chance Kobe/Pau/Artest will not be playing tonight.

Muser
01-13-2010, 01:52 PM
I was told someone heard on LA radio there's a chance Kobe/Pau/Artest will not be playing tonight.

Trap game for dallas then.

21_Blessings
01-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Bynum gonna drop 40.