PDA

View Full Version : Philly fans continue to show they are the worst in all of sports

Cry Havoc
01-13-2010, 04:40 AM
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/011110_Woman_Wearing_Romo_Jersey_Assaulted_In_Beth lehem

Woman Wearing Romo Shirt Assaulted

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Police are investigating a reported assault on a 27-year-old Lehigh Valley woman as she was going to the convenience store Friday night.

Jamie Wert said she was wearing a Dallas Cowboys football shirt with quarterback Tony Romo's name and number on the back while walking on Spruce Street in Bethlehem.

That's when she says she was approached by two men wearing Philadelphia Eagles jerseys.

When one of them said, "Hey, Romo," she turned around and was struck with something that cut her face.

"I had blood running down my neck, all down the front of my shirt," Wert told Fox 29 News. "When I came home I had to wash everything off. It was scary."

Wert said the attack shook her up but also made her even more determined to show her Dallas pride, including a sign hanging over the front porch that says, "Kill the Birds," and "Go Cowboys."

Police said they're now looking for the two men wearing the Eagles shirts in connection with the assault, although the woman couldn't give them much of a description.

timvp
01-13-2010, 05:05 AM
Death wish.

greyforest
01-13-2010, 05:20 AM
obviously its wrong of the eagles fans to do this, but it's pretty stupid of that woman to not foresee problems

Evil Angel
01-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Death wish.
You bet. I saw this yesterday and thought she was crazy. On the other hand what a punk ass to sucker a woman like that. But what else would you expect from Eagle fan.

I. Hustle
01-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Maybe she was ugly too.

tlongII
01-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Dumb lady.

The Gemini Method
01-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Why shouldn't she be allowed to rock a Romo jersey? Hide the fact like some of the brave posters mentioned earlier in this thread? Yeah, sure, go ahead and be a chicken sh$%--it doesn't excuse the moronic actions of the two Eagles fan. It's not her fault the Eagles were a fraud and not a true Superbowl contender.

resistanze
01-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Wert said the attack shook her up but also made her even more determined to show her Dallas pride, including a sign hanging over the front porch that says, "Kill the Birds," and "Go Cowboys."

I LOL'd.

austN Spur
01-13-2010, 12:07 PM
I have to respect her for rockin her cowboys gear in Philly. I dont find it shocking that this happened except for the fact that they attacked a woman. You have to believe these guys wouldnt pull this shit on a man wearing the same shit. white boys could be some of the biggest pussies in the world

Bukefal
01-13-2010, 12:11 PM
I have to respect her for rockin her cowboys gear in Philly. I dont find it shocking that this happened except for the fact that they attacked a woman. You have to believe these guys wouldnt pull this shit on a man wearing the same shit. white boys could be some of the biggest pussies in the world

:rollin :wakeup

easjer
01-13-2010, 12:18 PM
She should expect heckling and perhaps some harrassment for wearing an opposing team/player jersey.

But out and out assault? Not cool. And more than not cool - wtf? There are far more important things in life, you know?

Whisky Dog
01-13-2010, 12:25 PM
How fucked up are some of you that you would put any blame on this woman for wearing a jersey. You people are fucking retarded. I saw a couple of people walking around with Philly jerseys here in Dallas last week but somehow managed the personal restraint to not attack them, as did everyone else around me.

symple19
01-13-2010, 02:36 PM
awesome - maybe this will start a trend...

IceColdBrewski
01-13-2010, 03:11 PM
It's not like the reputation of Eagle fans is a big secret, so I have little sympathy for anyone who strolls around Philly wearing Cowboys gear.

tlongII
01-13-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm not blaming her. I'm just calling her stupid.

Evil Angel
01-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Maybe she was ugly too.

http://media2.myfoxphilly.com//photo/2010/01/11/011110dallasfanassaulted_20100111233950_640_480.JP G

samikeyp
01-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Heckling yes, assault no.

Sadly though, you can't solely blame Philly fan. I know Eagles fans who had stuff thrown at them in Texas Stadium and a Spurs fan who had her 12 year old daughter spit on in Dallas at a Mavs-Spurs playoff game.

Just because someone wears opposing gear in your house, does not give you the right to act anyway you want. Heckle or talk trash, fine..that is part of the game as long as you don't cross the line (i.e making it personal or racial) but throwing stuff or straight up hitting someone? Total bitch move.

Yeah, that takes a real man. Hopefully he will die in a car wreck, those of you who feel this assault was justified...hopefully you will too.

symple19
01-13-2010, 05:46 PM
This shit happens to fans of every team every year. Nothing new here. Of course it's stupid to assault people for flying different colors, but I just can't help getting a laugh out of it. She does get credit for continuing to fly the colors though.

My homeboys who have season tickets in the hole in Oakland come back with stories like this after every home game. Likely that a vast majority of this type of assault never gets reported. She's gonna live, it'll be okay

symple19
01-13-2010, 05:46 PM
and yeah, she's busted in more ways than one. lol

DPG21920
01-13-2010, 07:12 PM
I hate people.

Cry Havoc
01-13-2010, 08:20 PM
People posting, "Oh, well that's expected"

How sad is that?

IceColdBrewski
01-13-2010, 11:26 PM
People posting, "Oh, well that's expected"

How sad is that?

Like it or not, it's pretty stupid to sport a Homo jersey around Philly just before the teams are set to meet in the playoffs. It's just a fact. Not right. But fact.

Whisky Dog
01-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Like it or not, it's pretty stupid to sport a Homo jersey around Philly just before the teams are set to meet in the playoffs. It's just a fact. Not right. But fact.

So why are Philly fans not getting assaulted for their jerseys in Dallas? It's not stupid to sport any jersey, it's stupid to take out your insecure, "I hate my life" aggressions on people for wearing a sports jersey. If I were her I'd walk around Philly with a Cowboys jersey on and 2 hollow point loaded 45's with extra full mags under it. Most people are just plain scum in so many ways.

BlackSwordsMan
01-13-2010, 11:42 PM
she lives in philly you get murdered for a bus ticket there

iggypop123
01-13-2010, 11:46 PM
at least they didnt cling to their guns. lol

samikeyp
01-14-2010, 12:07 AM

Still not a reason to attack someone.

tlongII
01-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Laker fans aren't treated very well in the Rose Garden. I know that.

alamo50
01-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Those are the hoodlums that don't even care about football and never have set foot in their own city's stadium ever. I hope they get overrun by the Cowboys' team bus.....and again in reverse.....and right ahead again.