PDA

View Full Version : TP (short) interview

romain.star
01-13-2010, 05:32 AM
«Je me sens fatigué cette saison». Le constant est amer et inquiétant. Dans L'Equipe de ce mercredi, Tony Parker avoue que sa méforme physique, qui persiste depuis le début de la saison régulière, le préoccupe de plus en plus. «J'ai mal partout et cela va être chaud de continuer sur les deux fronts, NBA et équipe de France», précise-t-il. Du coup, le Français, perturbé par de multiples blessures (voûte plantaire, tendinite à la cheville gauche...), n'est pas sûr de participer au Mondial (28 août-12 septembre) avec les Bleus. «On verra. Je ne vais pas prendre de décision maintenant. Mais si on me demande aujourd'hui comment je me sens, je dis que je suis fatigué à force d'enchaîner tous les étés avec l'équipe de France.» «Le plus important c'est 2011 et l'Euro qui est qualificatif pour les Jeux, ajoute TP. Mais si mon corps est dans le même état, il faudra que je prenne une décision...»

Ses stats (16,6 pts, 5,8 pds) sont les plus faibles depuis 2004-2005 et le Français, déjà hors course pour le All Star Game, est conscient qu'il doit rehausser son niveau de jeu, surtout s'il veut renégocier un bon contrat l'an prochain avec les Spurs. «Les Spurs comptent sur moi pour porter l'équipe comme je l'ai fait l'an dernier, affirme t-il. Si je veux obtenir le contrat que je veux, je ne peux pas me permettre de jouer comme cette saison. J'ai habitué mon staff à autre chose.»

Basically Parker says that he feels tired and thinks it will be very hard to keep on playing for both the Spurs and France.
He adds that he will have to make a decision if he can't fully recover.

It is not clearly said but it looks like if he can't recover from his plantar fasciitis (which is highly probable), Parker won't play next summer in Turkey in order to sign one last juicy NBA contract.

However, playing the 2011 Euro in order to qualify and play the 2012 Olympic Games is still one of his top priority

Bukefal
01-13-2010, 05:36 AM
Thanks for posting Romain.star! :toast

Bruno
01-13-2010, 06:21 AM
The whole interview translated:

On nba.com, you said that you are tired that's it's time for you to take some rest when talking about ext summer with the FNT. Can you say more about that?
I'm felling tired this season. I have pains everywhere. It's going to be hard to continue playing both for the NBA and the FNT. I've played these past five summers and I've never been that tired during the NBA season. I can't continue like that.

Why not to have talked about your injuries sooner?
At first, I wanted to be a warrior. And I hopped it would go away. But It doesn't go away. Spurs have finally asked me what I had and I told them. Pop and the whole staff now knows what I have.

Is it related to your weak ankles (13 sprains in his career)?
No, this time it's my plantar fascia that has been very painful for 6 weeks. There isn't a single game where I can play at 100%. To really solve my plantar fascia troubles, doctors told me that I have to stop for 2 months. It's now obviously impossible. On top of that, I have a tendinitis at the left ankle and an edema at the right one. I'm slow on the court but I'm not enough injured to stop playing.

Do you have daily treatments?
I have on my plantar fascia. I sleep with a special sock that stretch my foot at the horizontal to avoid that it shrivel up. I also have new soles because I have flat feet and I'm now playing with a hump under the foot. It's painful and so strange.

What does it means for this summer?
We will see. I won't take my choice now. It will depend on Spurs' season., on my physical state and on a lot of other factors. However, if you ask me to day how I feel about that, I would tell that I've tiring myself at playing all these summers with the FNT. It's useless to start panicking and to try to know what I will do at the end of July.

What is the most important for you: The 2010 world championship or the 2011 Eurobasket that qualifies for the 2012 Olympic games?
The most important, it's the 2011 Eurobasket. Since I've started playing basketball, I've always said that I wanted to play in the Olympic games. But if my body is still in that state, I will have to make a choice. I'm going a little better for a few days but it will take time. You always think that you are a machine but I'm not not a machine and for the moment my energy doesn't come back, at least not fast enough.

Is there a solution to the endless question of the too long NBA seasons for players also playing with their NT?
I don't know but it's harder and harder to play for both.And when you are playing through injuries, people don't get why you aren't as good. And it has an impact on your next contract. Spurs count on me to carry the team like I did last year. If I want to get the contract I want, I can't play like I did this year. I'm not saying that I'm playing bad but I aimed at another level. Spurs and their staff are accustomed at another level.

You have never had a that big drop of performances in your NBA career...
Everybody was waiting for something better. I'm going to miss the ASG. I heard people saying that Deron Williams si playing better than me but I have to be realistic. I played all the summer. He didn't.

You are now old at 28...
No, I'm not old. It's just that I have no energy. But I don't want that people think that I'm less motivated. I'm still crazy of this game. But we have won so much with Spurs that we often have ended the year in June. And I'm playing every summer. It finally catches me up.

romain.star
01-13-2010, 06:25 AM
ok bruno... you're the man

benefactor
01-13-2010, 06:27 AM
No, this time it's my plantar fascia that has been very painful for 6 weeks. There isn't a single game where I can play at 100%. To really solve my plantar fascia troubles, doctors told me that I have to stop for 2 months. It's now obviously impossible. On top of that, I have a tendinitis at the left ankle and an edema at the right one.
:depressed

romain.star
01-13-2010, 06:30 AM
"I'm still crazy of this game"

This is what i wanted to know

Brazil
01-13-2010, 06:32 AM
Now TP is preparing french media to not go to the world championship. Timvp you have your answer about the possibility to see TP having a different speech for US media and french ones.

The comments I've picked from french forum are split in 2 50/50: he is fucking selfish and should play for FNT instead of thinking about his next contract and his reaction is normal he gave everything to the FNT he deserves to have a break if he needs to.

Good news he will have few days to rest during the AS break.

Bambililos
01-13-2010, 07:34 AM
He obviously needs to rest this summer. Of course I'd love to see him play, but not if this means a lesser TP and bad results for both the FNT and the Spurs.

SenorSpur
01-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Sounds to me as though he's partially blaming the Spurs perennial championship-contention as reasons for his fatigue. Is he expecting sympathy? Has he won enough NBA championships that is longer a high priority for him?

Taking care of his body and getting the proper rest is HIS responsibility. Perhaps he, Manu and every other foreign-born player should've considered competing "every other summer", in order to offset the wear and tear and give their body proper rest.

As much as I admire his loyalty and his obligations to his country, the Spurs are the ones paying his salary. This smells as though it wont end well.

Bambililos
01-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Ooh, a little sensitive, aren't we ? TP is blaming no one, he's just explaining how he got tired. You know, just this straight-forwardness he usually displays in interviews and that many find refreshing.

And he'll probably not play for FNT this summer anyway.

romain.star
01-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Sounds to me as though he's partially blaming the Spurs perennial championship-contention as reasons for his fatigue. Is he expecting sympathy? Has he won enough NBA championships that is longer a high priority for him?

Taking care of his body and getting the proper rest is HIS responsibility. Perhaps he, Manu and every other foreign-born player should've considered competing "every other summer", in order to offset the wear and tear and give their body proper rest.

As much as I admire his loyalty and his obligations to his country, the Spurs are the ones paying his salary. This smells as though it wont end well.

if you read between the lines, he said that he will not play next summer WC. As a spurs fan, this is a pretty good news

SenorSpur
01-13-2010, 09:07 AM
There are holes in his points because the Spurs were endured a first round exit, for the first time since TP has been on the team. He should've had the opportunity to get plenty of rest prior to his FNT obligations.

I still say he should consider playing in FNT competition every other year.

SenorSpur
01-13-2010, 09:09 AM
if you read between the lines, he said that he will not play next summer WC. As a spurs fan, this is a pretty good news

Those guys are under so much intense pressure to play. There's no doubt the wear-and-tear shortens their careers. Look what's happened to Yao. I believe that he'll play regardless.

TinTin
01-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Get duncan a ring. Get dice a ring. Get jefferson a ring

MaNu4Tres
01-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Get the 2 months off you need. We will be fine in late March with Hill, Mason and Manu running the show. If we get the 6th-8th seed so be it.

Having the 6th-8th seed with a healthy Tony Parker> Being 2nd-4th seed with a wounded one in the playoffs.

Bruno
01-13-2010, 10:36 AM
IMO, Parker's troubles aren't only physical. It's sure that the plantar fasciitis is a legit injury and that he should be tired but I think he is in a quite bad mood and it significantly worsen the situation.

A lot of things aren't going that well in Parker's life:
- He isn't playing at his true level because of injuries and being tired. He is frustrated and takes less pleasure on the court.
- Spurs should have been a great team this year and they aren't for the moment.
- There have been some clouds in his relationship with Spurs this summer because of NT plays.
- He saw a lot of young PGs raising in the NBA.
- He has the pressure of getting a new contract.
- He has invested a lot of money in a french basketball team and it doesn't really work on and off the court for the moment...

If Parker can get back his mind at top, I'm quite confident that a lot of his troubles will disappear.

SenorSpur
01-13-2010, 10:43 AM
IMO, Parker's troubles aren't only physical. It's sure that the plantar fasciitis is a legit injury and that he should be tired but I think he is in a quite bad mood and it significantly worsen the situation.

- He isn't playing at his true level because of injuries and being tired. He is frustrated and takes less pleasure on the court.
- There have been some clouds in his relationship with Spurs this summer because of NT plays.
- He has invested a lot of money in a french basketball team and it doesn't really work on and off the court for the moment...

If Parker can get back his mind at top, I'm quite confident that a lot of his troubles will disappear.

Damn. With all those pressures, I hope nothing goes awry in his personal life.

urunobili
01-13-2010, 10:43 AM

Thank you for sharing your opinion Bruno.

I think TP has always had one of the toughest minds of all... proof of this is Pop's abusing rookie season he survived...

I agree with your statement saying that all this may be mental... If TD was able to bounce back way stronger at the 06 playoffs I think TP will do the same...

If his mind recovers so will his body / environment :tu

nkdlunch
01-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Spurs count on me to carry the team like I did last year.

no they don't

nkdlunch
01-13-2010, 10:48 AM

maybe Parker should worry less about himself and worry more about the team?

hater
01-13-2010, 10:54 AM
I think he is in a quite bad mood and it significantly worsen the situation.

George Hill?

Bruno
01-13-2010, 11:28 AM
George Hill?

:lol
No.

Think at Deron Williams (who was mentioned in his interview), Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans or Brandon Jennings...

TP has been for years a young PG on the rise. It leads him to being a top3 or top5 PG in the league. For the first time in his carer, he is clearly on the fall in the PG hierarchy. Of course, injuries are a reason of that but he also see that there is a lot of young hungry PGs just behind him.

kace
01-13-2010, 11:40 AM
No.

Think at Deron Williams (who was mentioned in his interview), Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans or Brandon Jennings...

TP has been for years a young PG on the rise. It leads him to being a top3 or top5 PG in the league. For the first time in his carer, he is clearly on the fall in the PG hierarchy. Of course, injuries are a reason of that but he also see that there is a lot of young hungry PGs just behind him.

that could be true but if it is it's a very bad reason IMO. He should really not give a fuck about where he's ranked in the worthless PG hierarchy. he has nothing to prove considering his career.

I always find very lame the threads about ranking our players at their position as if they have to be 1st or close to it to be good enough for this team.

TP as his best is an elite PG, that's all he should care about, and his supposed ST fans too. and win another title too, of course.

Bukefal
01-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Me too, and all of us are acting a bit like its the end of the world. too dramatic. Besides I dont think all these things from Bruno's list are having TP some mind problems, nor do I think he has any big issues with those things.

Yeah its bad to see parker being tired, but come on, it isnt all that bad. I mean, he still plays pretty well, especially the last recent games, even if he is tired. He was in a much worse state at the beginning of this season, it looked like recently he finally catched up.

So, it isnt that bad, he is still good and yeah he should take it easy and maybe get a bit rest, but its not the end like we are making it, it's not so dramatic like some react.

He is still our best player and still busting his ass off everytime he plays. Plus, everyone from the fans to the coach to the press haven't been really easy on him, ever. TP constantly endures hardness, criticism and hate all the time.

sonic21
01-13-2010, 11:41 AM

you forgot his rap career flop

timvp
01-13-2010, 11:46 AM
It's difficult for me to blame TP personally. He owes a lot to France since they taught him the game. He obviously wouldn't be in the NBA if it weren't for the help he got while growing up in the French system. If I were in his shoes, I probably would also want to play for the NT.

That said, playing this past summer was just dumb. He used TONS of energy last season. There were times where he was beating teams literally by himself. He then had to kill himself against the Mavs for the Spurs to not totally get blown out. TP needed a long summer of rest to recharge for the NBA season. Even with no NT play, he probably would have been tired. But add in NT play and it's just asking for disaster.

I'm hopefully TP can peak at the right time. It seems like just about every year he goes through a period of injury and fatigue. Thankfully, he has always been able to be near 100% come playoff time. We just gotta hope that happens again this year.

It's just a bad situation all around. I can't really blame TP. I can't blame the Spurs for being pissed that a player they've invested so much in has hurt himself and the team by doing something outside of his contract. It sucks ... hopefully it works itself out and this year doesn't become a wasted opportunity.

Bukefal
01-13-2010, 11:50 AM
It's difficult for me to blame TP personally. He owes a lot to France since they taught him the game. He obviously wouldn't be in the NBA if it weren't for the help he got while growing up in the French system. If I were in his shoes, I probably would also want to play for the NT.

Exactly, that's also what ive said, he doesnt owe it to the fans, but more to himself and his country which gave him the opportunities. Ive said before; its doing something back to your country. Plus, its an honour and certain pride, which everyone would take and feel honoured to have the chance.

sonic21
01-13-2010, 11:52 AM
I personally blame the other french players (diaw, turiaf..) for sucking with the french NT. I'm sure tony wouldn't have played every summer if france was this bad without him. I'm mainly talking about 2 years ago when he wasn't planning on playing and changed his mind during the summer.

kace
01-13-2010, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=timvp;3991195]I'm hopefully TP can peak at the right time. It seems like just about every year he goes through a period of injury and fatigue. Thankfully, he has always been able to be near 100% come playoff time. We just gotta hope that happens again this year.
[QUOTE]

very true. TP has had some period in the past with many so-so games but has still improved each year overall. i'm still very confident he could be his old self come PO time.

As for the NT, do you think the games he had with the french NT were a very bigger load that the usual one he would have from a deep run in the PO with the spurs.

He played about 12 official games with the NT IIRC (with some ones taking it easy). He could have played 15 or 20 more crazy PO games if the spurs went to the finals.

The long period of rest was fucked obviously but as for the load, the early elimination of the spurs kind of compensate that.

Spursmania
01-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Every professional athlete has all the information in front of them regarding the importance of maintaining one's health in order to continue playing at the top of your game in a professional league such as the NBA. When you're on a team like the Spurs almost every year you can expect to play late into the year.

Use some common sense. TP saw what happened to Manu? Why didn't someone in his camp sit down with him and discuss these matters. I remember last summer, TP would talk about how young he was, and how he can take it unlike the old guys.

Well, wake up Parker. You're not 22 anymore. Just look at your other Euro teammate Manu and tell me how playing all year has worked out for him.

Brazil
01-13-2010, 12:01 PM
I personally blame the other french players (diaw, turiaf..) for sucking with the french NT. I'm sure tony wouldn't have played every summer if france was this bad without him. I'm mainly talking about 2 years ago when he wasn't planning on playing and changed his mind during the summer.

I'm not blaming the other french players for sucking I really blame them for being pussies in front of their team: pietrus, noah and company with always the same excuse they cannot play because of their contract / team / coach pressure... The only one who has been 100% loyal who every summer fights with his team is TP. If everybody was doing half of that, France maybe would have been better results and TP would have been able to rest without hurting France chances.

Pauleta14
01-13-2010, 12:03 PM

Are you kidding????
He "only" invested a few 100K..., that's peanuts for him!!!!!!!!

timvp
01-13-2010, 12:03 PM
He played about 12 official games with the NT IIRC (with some ones taking it easy). He could have played 15 or 20 more crazy PO games if the spurs went to the finals.

The long period of rest was fucked obviously but as for the load, the early elimination of the spurs kind of compensate that.

Yeah, the NT play likely puts more wear and tear on the body than the final three rounds of the NBA playoffs. Not only the NT games, but TP has talked about the grueling two-a-day practices with the NT. Add in the travel and the fact that his NT play finished about two weeks before training camp and I don't think it's much of a comparison.

Pauleta14
01-13-2010, 12:05 PM

That said, playing this past summer was just dumb. He used TONS of energy last season. There were times where he was beating teams literally by himself. He then had to kill himself against the Mavs for the Spurs to not totally get blown out. TP needed a long summer of rest to recharge for the NBA season. Even with no NT play, he probably would have been tired. But add in NT play and it's just asking for disaster.

I'm hopefully TP can peak at the right time. It seems like just about every year he goes through a period of injury and fatigue. Thankfully, he has always been able to be near 100% come playoff time. We just gotta hope that happens again this year.

It's just a bad situation all around. I can't really blame TP. I can't blame the Spurs for being pissed that a player they've invested so much in has hurt himself and the team by doing something outside of his contract. It sucks ... hopefully it works itself out and this year doesn't become a wasted opportunity.

I mainly agree with you, but come on!
You really think he wants to play for the NT because he "owes" them BB wise?
There are many other simple/natural reasons why ANYONE would want to plau for the country they grew up...

hater
01-13-2010, 12:06 PM
No.

seriously what the fuck does it matter if Tony is not a top 5 PG anymore??? is he really so worried about that, that it's affecting his game???

team first! :flag:

Bukefal
01-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Are you kidding????
He "only" invested a few 100K..., that's peanuts for him!!!!!!!!

Exactly, besides he isnt doing anything really, its more like a formal job and just a small invest, which could maybe even be seen as a sort of charity, other than that, I dont think TP has headaches of that club, nor of its success or failure.

Pauleta14
01-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Exactly, besides he isnt doing anything really, its more like a formal job and just a small invest, which could maybe even be seen as a sort of charity, other than that, I dont think TP has headaches of that club, nor of its success or failure.

It has as much impact on him as vBookie has on ST! no more...

veji1
01-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Come on guys, all the things Tony says in the interview are just plain facts.. yes the guy is playing injured, yes he is tired physically and mentally, he has been playing for 8 years non stop, he has major pressure on his shoulders, being the face of BBall in France he has to answer to journalists all the time, etc, and being the PG of the SPurs, one of the Big3, he also feels the responsability of making sure that this season, one of their last real shots at the title with many new players goes well.

Finally it is true that he is in a way a narcissistic selfagrandizing player. this is one of the characteristics of many competitors. He survived his first year in the NBA and became the player he is because he always thought he was the best and he could do it, he could get into the lane and score despite those 3 players, etc...

Realising that he is not playing well is tough for a competitor and will lead him to choices that until today he didn't have to think about..

sounds all pretty candid and normal to me.

Bukefal
01-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Come on guys, all the things Tony says in the interview are just plain facts.. yes the guy is playing injured, yes he is tired physically and mentally, he has been playing for 8 years non stop, he has major pressure on his shoulders, being the face of BBall in France he h

"Being the face in BBall in france he h........"

What happened? Who entered your room? :lol

Welcome to ST :toast

veji1
01-13-2010, 12:24 PM
inadvertently had a bout of precocious posting.. ;p

SenorSpur
01-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Every professional athlete has all the information in front of them regarding the importance of maintaining one's health in order to continue playing at the top of your game in a professional league such as the NBA. When you're on a team like the Spurs almost every year you can expect to play late into the year.

Use some common sense. TP saw what happened to Manu? Why didn't someone in his camp sit down with him and discuss these matters. I remember last summer, TP would talk about how young he was, and how he can take it unlike the old guys.

Well, wake up Parker. You're not 22 anymore. Just look at your other Euro teammate Manu and tell me how playing all year has worked out for him.

Those are good points there. TP looks at Manu and Tim and thinks to himself, "I'm still young and that will not happen to me anytime soon". He's even gone so far as to say as much, declaring that "I've got a lot of years in front of me."

I agree that TP should've learned a lesson from Manu. His game has been drastically affected by the annual wear-n-tear resulting from perennial international competition, not to mention the increased likelihood of injury. The type of injuries that have plagued his teammate, Manu, for about 2 seasons. Look how long this has affected Manu. Also, Tony should have observed how contract negotiations between the Spurs and Manu quickly broke off after Manu's injury. I know TP wants to get paid again. Therefore, he needs to be mindful that good health = good contract.

I can understand the obligation, duty and honor that comes with playing for one's country. However, I still believe it would be better for everyone if they limit the amount of international competition to maybe once every other year. These cats should remember, the NBA career is fleeting. Good health will prolong one's career. Thus enabling them to have the potential for a longer post-NBA careers for their international teams, if the choose to do so.

ElNono
01-13-2010, 12:28 PM
In all honesty, I can see how TP thought he was Superman after the last season. I also think he didn't really know what his mental/physical ceiling was.
That said, I think it's pretty clear to him now...

Walton Buys Off Me
01-13-2010, 12:34 PM
It's interesting to compare Parker's 'poor-me-I'm-tired" comments with those echoed by Kobe after last night's loss;

Los Angeles has lost three of four—its worst slump yet by the standards of the NBA’s best team. But banged-up or not, Bryant is not tolerating any excuses for the Lakers.

“It’s part of the business,” Bryant said. “I won’t allow my guys to even think about that or have that attitude.”

And timvp- I disagree when you say France taught Parker the game.

Tony's Dad is a former professional basketball player born and raised in the States (Tony Jr. routinely attended his games) and by all accounts Tony only got interested in basketball watching Michael Jordan play the game.

Tony playing for France last summer, considering how Manu's injury negatively impacted our team and how much money Holt spent was jaw-dropping dumb.

Let's not make excuses.

You're either committed to winning an NBA championship with the team paying you millions or you can go drive a truck.

Bukefal
01-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah thru, he got the love and effort from his dad no doubt, but Tony went to INSEP and developed a lot over there. It's a good institute which also developed other players into stars.

veji1
01-13-2010, 12:47 PM
It's interesting to compare Parker's 'poor-me-I'm-tired" comments with those echoed by Kobe after last night's loss;

Los Angeles has lost three of four—its worst slump yet by the standards of the NBA’s best team. But banged-up or not, Bryant is not tolerating any excuses for the Lakers.

“It’s part of the business,” Bryant said. “I won’t allow my guys to even think about that or have that attitude.”

And timvp- I disagree when you say France taught Parker the game.

Tony's Dad is a former professional basketball player born and raised in the States (Tony Jr. routinely attended his games) and by all accounts Tony only got interested in basketball watching Michael Jordan play the game.

Tony playing for France last summer, considering how Manu's injury negatively impacted our team and how much money Holt spent was jaw-dropping dumb.

Let's not make excuses.

You're either committed to winning an NBA championship with the team paying you millions or you can go drive a truck.

Come on, this is not about making excuses, it is about stating facts... TP says he is injured and tired and now FEELS in his flesh and bones that he has played to much and will have to make an adjustment, even though he faces expectations from the club and the National team...

Bummer, this clearly sounds like whining indeed...

He is being candid there.. Would you like him to go all Rambo and say "nah everything is fine" or "I am a beast, I will play 120 games a year no probs" while this is not the truth?

try to cut him some slack instead of looking for any possible angle for criticism.

timvp
01-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Pointing to Kobe isn't the greatest example considering that he also plays with his NT.

Walton Buys Off Me
01-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Pointing to Kobe isn't the greatest example considering that he also plays with his NT.

And never complains, never misses time and his game doesn't slip.

I'm not comparing Kobe to Parker- that's asinine.

All i'm saying is that it didn't take Nostradamus to predict there'd be negative consequences to Tony's decision of playing for the NT over the summer, especially considering the Manu injury of last year. Many posters here flagged the inherent stupidity and risk associated to it.

Bukefal
01-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Indeed using Kobe as example isnt very realistic. What about his whining and making it look like he is a tough player about his finger, which isn't really a big deal.

hater
01-13-2010, 12:59 PM
some spurs fans make me laugh. They should learn a thing or 2 from lakerfans, you don't see many lakerfans bitching and moaning about Gasol playing NT and getting injured/tired.

timvp
01-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Many posters here flagged the inherent stupidity and risk associated to it.

I've been on the anti-NT bandwagon since back when Robinson played on the Dream Team. I've complained many a time about TP playing for his NT.

That said, it's pretty easy to understand why he feels obligated.

Walton Buys Off Me
01-13-2010, 01:03 PM
some spurs fans make me laugh. They should learn a thing or 2 from lakerfans, you don't see many lakerfans bitching and moaning about Gasol playing NT and getting injured/tired.

Maybe because they have the best player on the planet and the best record in the West.

Heck they almost came back from 20 down last night with Jordan Farmar running the point....

Give them 2 more losses and Gasol will be vilified.

Holt opened the pocket books big time for this team to have a shot. Some Spurs fans make me laugh because they forget that and they forget the ultimate goal is winning a title.

Maybe you want to be known as the New England Patriots of the NBA? Great, storied franchise, modern day dynasty.....who watched their window close

I have a feeling that guy named Duncan- playing some of the most inspired basketball of his career, isn't ready just yet to give the speech Belichick and Brady gave last Sunday.

Parker owes it to Duncan to man up.

hater
01-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Maybe because they have the best player on the planet and the best record in the West.

Heck they almost came back from 20 down last night with Jordan Farmar running the point....

Give them 2 more losses and Gasol will be vilified.

no he won't. Lakerfans as obnoxious as they are know the fact that there is no problem with playing for NT and regular season in the same year. They know if first hand from the best player in the planet.

Holt opened the pocket books big time for this team to have a shot. Some Spurs fans make me laugh because they forget that and they forget the ultimate goal is winning a title.

Maybe you want to be known as the New England Patriots of the NBA? Great, storied franchise, modern day dynasty.....who watched their window close

I have a feeling that guy named Duncan- playing some of the most inspired basketball of his career, isn't ready just yet to give the speech Belichick and Brady gave last Sunday.

Parker owes it to Duncan to man up.

maybe you should get your facts straight. Holt blew up because it appeared Tony and the French NT were not treating his injury seriously.

That is very different situation. Fans will keep bitching about NT play but that's all they can do, because it's something that won't go away.

You and I know damn well that Spurs still would not have won it all even with Manu 100% healthy last year. blaming Spurs failures for the last couple of years solely on NT play is pretty sad IMO.

the crimson blur
01-13-2010, 01:53 PM

What. Yes you do.

Talk to more Laker fans. :lol

xtremesteven33
01-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Its funny cause to me Parker doesnt look too injured or slow, he just looks un focused and confused...

boutons_deux
01-13-2010, 02:33 PM
"unfocused and confused"

believe or not, physical pain can have psychological/intellectual effects. :)