PDA

View Full Version : Has Peter Burns left the Morning Drive?!?!?!

Taco
01-13-2010, 09:10 AM
http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/409412795/peterburns_bigger.jpg (http://twitter.com/account/profile_image/PeterBurns760?hreflang=en) PeterBurns760

Completely awestruck with amount of support from all of you. Thank you. Going to be a fun and exciting week..& I'm not even a USC Recruit! 2 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/PeterBurns760/status/7708969846)from TweetDeck (http://www.tweetdeck.com/)

Carry the torch well! RT @RichardCOliver (http://twitter.com/RichardCOliver): will be stepping in for @PeterBurns760 (http://twitter.com/PeterBurns760) this morning on Ticket 760 morning show. On air from 7-9. about 2 hours ago (http://twitter.com/PeterBurns760/status/7706524941)from TweetDeck (http://www.tweetdeck.com/)

It was a good run....Dallas or Denver? about 17 hours ago (http://twitter.com/PeterBurns760/status/7682522723)from TweetDeck (http://www.tweetdeck.com/)

http://www.ticket760.com/pages/TheMorningDrive.html (http://www.ticket760.com/pages/TheMorningDrive.html)
http://www.ticket760.com/cc-common/mlib/694/09/694_1222233253.jpg

The Morning Drive
w/Andy Everett
7am - 9am Monday - Friday

Call in 800-707-9760
Text (http://www.ticket760.com/pages/95534) the show
Email Andy
([email protected])PODCASTS
(http://www.ticket760.com/cc-common/podcast.html?_show)

screamformelongbeach
01-13-2010, 09:42 AM
"Left" would imply that he resigned or quit of his own volition, which he did not. By all appearances, he was fired. Take a look at the website, all references to him have already been wiped clean.

Soul_Patch
01-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Yeesh, i think they fired the wrong guy.

tlongII
01-13-2010, 10:30 AM
That's part of the business in radio. 90% or more of the talent gets fired. Sounds like he may be looking for something in Dallas or Denver.

Bigzax
01-13-2010, 11:08 AM
he needs to goto dallas and seal the deal with kim fischer...

and why'd the ticket put stephen a. smith on at 6am?

ain't no n@#%#@ up at 6am...sheyittt...:wakeup

Sausage
01-13-2010, 11:08 AM
That sucks. I enjoyed listening to the Morning Drive, he was a good guy. Best wishes to you Mr. Burns.

01-13-2010, 11:50 AM
he needs to goto dallas and seal the deal with kim fischer...

and why'd the ticket put stephen a. smith on at 6am?

ain't no n@#%#@ up at 6am...sheyittt...:wakeup

FSR dumped Czabe for Stephen A. Smith. That'll work like not at all in my opinion.

DizzG.
01-13-2010, 02:26 PM
To bad those taint sniffers at the ticket didn't have enough class to allow Burns to have his final week as he thanks the listeners on his way out like they are doing on the coach A show.

Blake
01-14-2010, 01:27 AM
listening to everett is painful.

screamformelongbeach
01-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Listening to Burns is just as painful. I can't believe he lasted as long as he`did on the air with his awful elocution and public speaking abiity. The guy stammers anf trips over his words constantly, and can't string more than 2 sentences together without uttering a Beavis and Butthead-like "uhhhh" or "ummm." And what's the deal with all the "goes out there"s? Nealy every anecdote he tells begins with "So he goes out there and _______" .... and that's just one of the many verbal crutch phrases he relies upon. Yet he has the nerve to make fun of Wade Phillips' overuse of "well...." during his interviews?? A bit hypocritical, if you ask me.

All that wouldn't be so bad if he had something of substance to talk about, but half the time he comes across as someone practicing for Open Mic Night at the Ha Ha Hole on Pico with all the tiresome and unfunny one-liners, and never-ending potshots he takes at Andy's fuddy-duddiness. Throw into the mix all of the on-the-air name dropping and boasting about his jet set lifestyle, and you're left with someone who got exactly what he deserved -- the axe from Clear Channel.

EricB
01-14-2010, 02:47 AM
Listening to Burns is just as painful. I can't believe he lasted as long as he`did on the air with his awful elocution and public speaking abiity. The guy stammers anf trips over his words constantly, and can't string more than 2 sentences together without uttering a Beavis and Butthead-like "uhhhh" or "ummm." And what's the deal with all the "goes out there"s? Nealy every anecdote he tells begins with "So he goes out there and _______" .... and that's just one of the many verbal crutch phrases he relies upon. Yet he has the nerve to make fun of Wade Phillips' overuse of "well...." during his interviews?? A bit hypocritical, if you ask me.

All that wouldn't be so bad if he had something of substance to talk about, but half the time he comes across as someone practicing for Open Mic Night at the Ha Ha Hole on Pico with all the tiresome and unfunny one-liners, and never-ending potshots he takes at Andy's fuddy-duddiness. Throw into the mix all of the on-the-air name dropping and boasting about his jet set lifestyle, and you're left with someone who got exactly what he deserved -- the axe from Clear Channel.

Yeah no, not really,

Way to be off base 100%.

Thanks for playing though.

MavTalker
01-14-2010, 04:32 AM

good honest opinion i am positive Peter has no problem agreeing with you.
to bad we may never know the real truth on why or who wanted him gone.

TheGodfather
01-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Yeesh, i think they fired the wrong guy.

Agreed. Everett sucks. Putting Oliver next to him would add insult to injury. Expect plenty of Tiger ballwashing.

Czaban is out (replaced by gasbag Stephan A. Smith), Burns is out, the Sports Grind stays. Great.

Bigzax
01-14-2010, 09:57 AM
i'm just tired of the ticket pulling the rug out from under the listeners...

you get used to certain people, voices, personalities, and then, bam. gone.

never mention that person again.

weak shit.

fuck em.

Evil Angel
01-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Everett solo does suck. And one day here and gone the next without being mentioned is quite common in broadcasting. Maybe Mikey got the gig?
I really can't stand to listen to A Smith, miss the Czaban show. I liked that during the hour drive in the morning. Email the station, I did!

screamformelongbeach
01-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Yeah no, not really,

Way to be off base 100%.

Thanks for playing though.

Off-base 100%, huh? So you're telling me he doesn't "uhhh" and "ummm" and stammer his way through even the simplest of statements? That he doesn't utter about 20 "goes out there"s every hour, along with 30 "my friend"s and 25 "when it comes down to it"s? Even Mike Taylor called out Burns' extreme use of these verbal crutches when the 2 were in the midst of a Twitter war recently. That he doesn't name drop and cop an arrogant attitude as he gloats about his partying and jet set lifestyle? That he doesn't continuously talk over and harass Andy over his sweater vest and vanilla-ness to the point that it becomes intolerable?

Facts are facts....if you want to argue that you still find him entertaining in spite of the foregoing, that's fine. But don't tell me that the guy is articulate, or that he has any sense of humility. If I were him, I would maximize this time off and take some public speaking lessons or maybe even some speech therapy, and re-invent himself by becoming more of a "man of the people" instead of the ivory tower image he's created.

rjv
01-14-2010, 11:17 AM
listening to everett is painful.

no kidding. we lose the one guy with humor and are left with a patronizing and humorless tiger woods groupie. how pathetic is that ?

samikeyp
01-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Off-base 100%, huh? So you're telling me he doesn't "uhhh" and "ummm" and stammer his way through even the simplest of statements? That he doesn't utter about 20 "goes out there"s every hour, along with 30 "my friend"s and 25 "when it comes down to it"s? Even Mike Taylor called out Burns' extreme use of these verbal crutches when the 2 were in the midst of a Twitter war recently. That he doesn't name drop and cop an arrogant attitude as he gloats about his partying and jet set lifestyle? That he doesn't continuously talk over and harass Andy over his sweater vest and vanilla-ness to the point that it becomes intolerable?

Facts are facts....if you want to argue that you still find him entertaining in spite of the foregoing, that's fine. But don't tell me that the guy is articulate, or that he has any sense of humility. If I were him, I would maximize this time off and take some public speaking lessons or maybe even some speech therapy, and re-invent himself by becoming more of a "man of the people" instead of the ivory tower image he's created.

Peter Burns is not Paul Harvey, or Walter Winchell or Edward R. Murrow but he is a good radio guy, not to everyone's liking but who is? I can speak to the fact that he does have a sense of humility and is very grateful for what he has been able to do and very thankful to those who have helped him along the way. I know that he will land on his feet and do well.

Bigzax
01-14-2010, 11:28 AM
i don't care about burns humility or eloquence...it's fucking sports talk radio, and he wasn't over the top bad in either case.

he was entertaining to me and a necessary element in a show with everett. he didn't ride the cowboys jock...of course, i'm gonna like that. seems like he got along great with bruce. i don't know what went wrong...

maybe he fucked the boss's wife. who knows?

it'd be funny if burns ends up on the zone somehow...

Bigzax
01-14-2010, 11:28 AM
dp

Sausage
01-14-2010, 12:10 PM
I would love to hear Peter on San Antonio airwaves still. He deserves better, he had a gig with Fox Sports Radio for Fantasy Football, so it's a shame that someone who had a national radio gig was put on in the morning. I would love to hear him in the afternoon, if not with Mike Taylor, I would love to hear him in place of the Sports Grind.

Blake
01-14-2010, 12:33 PM

:lol Burns is so painful that you listened long enough to string together a bunch of details about just how painful he is to listen to....

hilarious.

screamformelongbeach
01-14-2010, 01:11 PM
:lol Burns is so painful that you listened long enough to string together a bunch of details about just how painful he is to listen to....

hilarious.

You're right, I should use my time more wisely and accomplish more in life. For instance, I could be like you and post over 6400 messages here at spurstalk.

Sausage
01-14-2010, 02:42 PM
For Peter Burns fans Kim Fischer posted this on her twitter for us.

txnewsgirl

Hey tweeps! Wanna bring @peterburns760 back? Tell his boss how you feel! [email protected]

txnewsgirl

Found another name on #ticket760 website program director: [email protected] #bringpeterback contact him and RT!!

Blake
01-14-2010, 02:48 PM
You're right, I should use my time more wisely and accomplish more in life. For instance, I could be like you and post over 6400 messages here at spurstalk.

I'm not complaining that posting at Spurstalk is painful before running off a two page paragraph as to why........which would also painfully increase my post count.

Bigzax
01-14-2010, 03:20 PM
wait, if he's really bangin Kim Fischer than i gots no sympathy for the guy...or is it empathy? i forget...but needless to say, i wouldn't be feelin sorry for a mufuckka that's tappin that ass...

no matter how shitty his job situation is.

and if she gives him pity sex on top of that! fuck.
if that's the case, it's just karma balancing itself out in his life...

sonnytris
01-14-2010, 03:49 PM
You guys are forgetting that this man called Pete Burns is a single digit golfer and all low handicapers act this way AND think that they're bullet proof and their Sh_t doesn't stink ?????Look at Tiger who is now in Arizona doing a remake of his old self?
Maybe PB needs to go join Tiger in AZ
Honestly ...... I will miss him and alllllllll his his mistakes
Is This Country GReat or What

jack sommerset
01-14-2010, 05:08 PM
He could have said good bye to you guys.

ashbeeigh
01-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Sports talk host Burns gets Clear Channel boot

By
Jeanne Jakle
on Jan 14, 10 03:06 PM | Permalink | Comments (9)

The cry from fans has been resounding and heartfelt: What in the world happened to Peter Burns?

Well, it appears the popular sports talk host is the latest S.A. radio personality to get, well, burned.

Burns confirmed that he was let go at KTKR, Ticket 760, Tuesday and booted off his morning drive show with Andy Everett. Guest hosts have filled his spot the past two mornings.

Why? As I understand it, Burns not only was expected to sing and dance but juggle, too.

Let me explain: Burns essentially was handling three jobs at Clear Channel. He was a successful account executive who brought in lots of advertisers to the radio group.

That's how he made his actual living, off sales commissions.

About a year and a half ago, Burns also helped launch a lively sports show - "Morning Drive with Andy Everett and Peter Burns" from 7 to 9 a.m. weekdays on KTKR -- which drew a healthy and loyal audience.

He wasn't paid a host salary to do it; he did the show basically out of his passion for sports talk.

His third duty? To complete a lot of sales paper work. It was the latter that suffered some, Burns said, as he strove to excel at the two jobs he thought were the most crucial.

Yet, what was he fired for? In Burns' words: "My failure to be efficient at the clerical part of the job."

What?! Here's a guy who was giving his all to a show on The Ticket for free; he even traveled across country to sports events on his own dime. He also was a lucrative sales earner.

And how does the radio group repay him? By showing him the door.

Argh! What has local radio come to?

I tried phoning Ticket 760 program director Peter Bolger for an explanation, but still haven't heard back.

Meantime, Burns is anxious to get back into the broadcasting saddle. He holds no ill will toward his old employers and would love to return to Andy's side on Ticket 760. "The last five years at Clear Channel have been an unbelievable ride and I wouldn't trade them for the world," he said.

Now, however, he must look to his future. One possibility might be to take over the soon-to-be-vacated Paul Alexander slot on ESPN 1250 "The Zone."

Another might be to work harder to break into TV, a goal the nice-looking Burns has been eyeing for a while.

Whatever the case, one thing's certain. Burns has amassed an impressive amount of supporters in his relatively short time as air personality. Both Twitter and Facebook sites are full of folks wanting answers.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/jakle06/2010/01/sports-talk-host-burns-gets-cl.html

Steve Perry
01-14-2010, 07:48 PM
You guys are forgetting that this man called Pete Burns is a single digit golfer and all low handicapers act this way AND think that they're bullet proof and their Sh_t doesn't stink ?????Look at Tiger who is now in Arizona doing a remake of his old self?
Maybe PB needs to go join Tiger in AZ
Honestly ...... I will miss him and alllllllll his his mistakes
Is This Country GReat or What

Unlike many radio host on the ticket Peter Burns would always talk about ST, he would read PMs, IMs emails,etc...he would always read postings from all the forums and Had Kori on his show at least twice a week. Peter Burns will be missed!

tlongII
01-14-2010, 09:42 PM
good honest opinion i am positive Peter has no problem agreeing with you.
to bad we may never know the real truth on why or who wanted him gone.

Peter!

Spursfan092120
01-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Good luck to ya Burnsy..we'll miss ya.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-14-2010, 10:36 PM
2wz-M7IOcf4

howardcopy
01-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Ya man, this is bullshit. I've been a big supporter of Burns. The guys brings energy to the show, and isn't boring. BONUS, he handles ST a lot too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I still think Peter and Paul ''Greco'' would be a great showcase together. Love it when they go at it. Last week they got all heated over the hall of fame, very entertaining. Greco handled his shit when he hosted the show twice, no Oliver has been filling in...BORING

Bring Peter back, and start the new show Peter and Paul your San Antonio Choir Boys.

EmerilLagasse
01-14-2010, 11:05 PM
i'm just tired of the ticket pulling the rug out from under the listeners...

you get used to certain people, voices, personalities, and then, bam. gone.

never mention that person again.

weak shit.

fuck em.

I couldn't agree more. Just when the recipe is right...BAM!!...somebody has to screw it up. So what if the guy didn't have enough spice to keep...well, that is another story....but the guy has a voice for radio.

timvp
01-15-2010, 03:17 AM
Good luck to PB. Hopefully he gets his gig back. There's no way 760 could replace his passion. And from what I've heard, he's damn good at his sales job, too. Maybe PB needed to outsource the clerical part of his job to India or something.

Keepya head up

mookie2001
01-15-2010, 03:39 AM
He's an honest guy about all the cowgirl bullshit the ticket blabs about 8 hours a day. I knew it wouldn't work out, the ticket is going all cowboys all day and they deserve to fail if they're that dumb

Taco
01-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Coach A is leaving 1250 ESPN maybe Pete could take over his show! :lol

Ticket 760 better re-hire him :wakeup

JudynTX
01-15-2010, 09:25 AM
So he got fired because he didn't want to do the clerical part of his job?

Steve Perry
01-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Coach A is leaving 1250 ESPN maybe Pete could take over his show! :lol

Ticket 760 better re-hire him :wakeup

there might be a six month waiting period before he can work for another station. And besides, why would someone hire someone thy just fired, and why would someone want to get hired by someone who just fired them?

rr2418
01-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Agreed. Everett sucks. Putting Oliver next to him would add insult to injury. Expect plenty of Tiger ballwashing.

Czaban is out (replaced by gasbag Stephan A. Smith), Burns is out, the Sports Grind stays. Great.

I guess I'm the only one that likes the Grind. They have me laughing, plus they talk about sports and only sports! Unlike The Zone's Bringing It. I love women, and I'm sure "Smoking Hot Next Door Neighbor" is really hot, but when she comes on the show, she really doesn't bring anything to the show. She doesn't know sports, so it's a waste of time!

Fat boy
01-15-2010, 06:18 PM
The show started at 3pm it's now 5:15pm not one phone call or mention of sports, Someone needs to get these guys laid , this talking to wannabee cougars for 3 hours straight is making me want to tune back to clown radio. Hell I would settle for Jeff Vexler and Wally right about now!

screamformelongbeach
01-15-2010, 06:58 PM
"Sports Grind" should change its name to "My Thang is..." Seriously, every freaking opinion those guys throw out begins with "My thang is...." Drives me crazy!

mookie2001
01-15-2010, 07:01 PM
The grind is good if you like lakers fans saying

wow

wooow

wow

wow!

Wow

wow

wow

woww

For an hour

Doug Whiner
01-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Threads like this make me feel right at home.

PeterBurns
01-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Good luck to PB. Hopefully he gets his gig back. There's no way 760 could replace his passion. And from what I've heard, he's damn good at his sales job, too. Maybe PB needed to outsource the clerical part of his job to India or something.

Keepya head up

It's all a machiavellian scheme.....

Thanks for the words. Timvp.
It's all good on the comments. Heck I agree with most of them!

Stacie
01-16-2010, 12:42 AM
You can always move back in with me love! :)

Nbadan
01-16-2010, 05:37 AM
....you don't fire talent because he forgot to dot a few I's and cross a few t's on a sales contract..there has to be an inside story..

PublicOption
01-16-2010, 08:32 AM
PETER you had 3 freaking jobs...........the least they could have done was give you a secretary.....damn.

Good luck bro, I am sure it will work out.

..at least they didn't fire for you for some racists allen iverson skit.

PublicOption
01-16-2010, 08:37 AM
peter burns new gig

VCuSZQhyaTQ

Clandestino
01-17-2010, 08:16 PM
sounds like this dude gets the shit end of the stick in a lot of stuff. psycho chick leaves him, he kicks ass as sales rep and runs the morning show..then they can him.. wtf?

Alex Jones
01-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Don't forget the bachelorette (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=KLM&ei=I7pTS6jfJMOUtgfQ96ytDA&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAYQBSgA&q=bachelorette&spell=1) show turned him down also.

EricB
01-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Just read on twitter and Facebook hes got a meeting tomorrow at 760 about getting his job back :)

Alex Jones
01-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Just read on twitter and Facebook hes got a meeting tomorrow at 760 about getting his job back :)

That doesn't make any sense WTF kind of Program director can't make up his mind?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/vike-tom9.jpg

mookie2001
01-18-2010, 07:16 PM
is he back

pkbpkb81
01-18-2010, 11:00 PM
wtf

bring him back

tmtcsc
01-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Why couldn't Mike Taylor and Jim Bob bo Shankles been fired ? Hate that show. When 1250 is in commercial, I switch over to 760 and listen to those goofy Dallas accents and "puro" this and that and then quickly switch to CD when I can't stand it anymore. I'm like a crack addict for Sports Talk and I never learn my lesson.

Good Luck Peter. Maybe Conan O'Brien will co-host with Andy.

SpursSecurity
01-22-2010, 12:23 PM
Hey I heard Paul Greco on Thursday filling in with Andy and I thought he did a great job. Not sure why the Ticket hasn't offered him anything yet. Would he be a good replacement for Burns, maybe/maybe not, but the guy has inside scoops with the Spurs, Cowboys, and all baseball. The guy has an edge to him, he's funny, and he's a fans-fan first -- occuring to what he said on Thursday. He'd be a great voice for the fan.

I can't stand Oliver. That guy bores the hell out of me and should just stick to the paper.

Hopefully The Ticket pulls their heads out of the asses and brings back Peter and gives Greco a shot. That would keep me on the channel. Right now I switch over to 1250 often, but they're not doin that great either in my opinion.

gatoloco
01-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Greco is not bad at all, and he seems to know what he's talking about, but that would be 2 straight guys and that is a recipe for BORING.

Peter allowed for a mix of both.

the other extreme is chris duel talking about rio rio cantina and oohing and ahhing at the lady of the day on their show for 20 minutes...which gets annoying as well...we can't see the bitch over the radio's in our car, chris.

also wasn't too fond of the way Greco and the other guy seemed to talk down to a caller yesterday morning...

the guy was talking about our interior defense being weak and mentioned he was at the Jazz game and saw as much...

then Greco came back with "Well, from the front row, this is how i saw it..."

that's weak.

And mike and mike is pissing me off with their teasers.

i hate hearing him mention something and then saying, 'and we'll talk about it right after the break"...no...fuck you....talk about it now or shut the fuck up about it til after the break!

these are my grievances...:wakeup

I. Hustle
01-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Yeah I get tired of the Rio Rio Cantina refrences and how they almost busted a nut because April Ancira put on a bikini OVER her clothes. She should have put it on over her face.

howardcopy
01-22-2010, 02:46 PM
..that would be 2 straight guys and that is a recipe for BORING.

Are you kidding me, his line about the Lip Juice and Andy taking it to get millions was great made me spit up on the computer.

Also loved the way he broke down the Jets and the comparision between them and the Ravens.

I agree though the "Front Row" comment was a little much. But if I remember right he thanked every caller that called, that's the home town feel i like.

I just hope the Ticket keeps this coming because like you said, "Greco is not bad at all, and he seems to know what he's talking about." Thats exactly what we need on the radio here.

Bring Burns back!!!

objective
01-22-2010, 03:43 PM
San Antonio sportstalk radio is still terrible with or without anyone mentioned in this thread.

U.S.A.F.
01-22-2010, 04:01 PM
and he seems to know what he's talking about." Thats exactly what we need on the radio here.

Sincerely: 1998,1999,2000.2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007, 2008,2009,2010,.....

Biernutz
01-22-2010, 08:37 PM
To bad that Peter is gone. I think he got fed up with the hero worship of Tiger by Andy. I would have sacked Andy because he sucks when he starts talking golf BORING. I turn the channel to 1250 or just turn it off. Andy cannot carry the show by himself. Andy needs to go with Tiger to the sex clinic with Tiger because he is in love with Tiger. Now that SAS is on Ticket, I don't listen to 760 till Dan comes on at 9AM. SAS just sucks. I thought Craig S. was good.

wrench
01-23-2010, 05:22 PM
If ESPN the ZOne would mix in some real sports every once in awhile I wouldn't have to tune into clown talk 760.

rr2418
01-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Yeah I get tired of the Rio Rio Cantina refrences and how they almost busted a nut because April Ancira put on a bikini OVER her clothes. She should have put it on over her face.

Yeah, I agree about Rio Rio Cantina. What've I heard about that tourist trap is it's not all that great. Made for the tourist who doesn't know tamales from enchiladas. Now about Chris and Jason, I can't stand their voices! Chris shouts all the time and Jason bothers me with his, uh..uh..uh!! Come on Jason! Think of what you want to say, and spit it out!!!!! :bang

howardcopy
01-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I agree about Rio Rio Cantina. What've I heard about that tourist trap is it's not all that great. Made for the tourist who doesn't know tamales from enchiladas. Now about Chris and Jason, I can't stand their voices! Chris shouts all the time and Jason bothers me with his, uh..uh..uh!! Come on Jason! Think of what you want to say, and spit it out!!!!! :bang

Totally agree. Now that I've kinda made the switch I'm hearing that as well. I can't figure out for the life of how some of these "guys" are on the the radio.

The worst still, and I've said it before, is the Grind. I feel stupider after attemping to listen to that show. BUt, it's been made apparent to me from an e-mail from the program director at the ticket that 760 is not a priority to him because WOAI makes more money.

So good luck getting quality on that station.

Bigzax
01-26-2010, 12:36 PM
shit, i found myself listening to Joe Pags on 1200 yesterday...had to switch to the zone after he came back from the break still whining about his car being broken into and taking calls about it...

sure enough, the zone was talking about their new zone girl...

i don't really mind the grind...

it was funny a couple weeks ago when one of the guys said the Spurs were dark enough to win.

then he was like, 'nah, i meant, you know, they have that dark side...'

ain't no white man getting away with saying that shit though. :lol

Sii
01-26-2010, 12:53 PM
I like Mike Taylor. find his show to be pretty funny and having met the guy a few times he seems pretty cool in person. Im also a cowboys fan so his talk doesnt bother me. I could see how it would bother someone who doesnt like the cowboys

Either way Andy in the morning is horrible. Its not that he doesnt know anything - his voice is beyond boring. its just not a good radio voice and its been annoying for years

01-26-2010, 01:28 PM
I like Mike Taylor. find his show to be pretty funny

and having met the guy a few times he seems pretty cool in person.Your bias you like the guy he could fart for 3 hours and you would still tune in. I like Chris Duel in Person he is funny and was cool with me also,but I have no problem telling him when his show sucks.

Another example is Dusty Garza,DizzG,Pooh,TPark,and Sequspur. All cool guys in person then you talk to them online and they become douche bags.

GoGatos
01-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Why couldn't Mike Taylor and Jim Bob bo Shankles been fired ? Hate that show. When 1250 is in commercial, I switch over to 760 and listen to those goofy Dallas accents and "puro" this and that and then quickly switch to CD when I can't stand it anymore. I'm like a crack addict for Sports Talk and I never learn my lesson.

Funny that I have a Dallas accent when I've spent my entire life within a 90-minute drive of San Antonio.

Don't worry about being addicted to sports talk... we'll be the Ike to your Tina.

MavTalker
01-26-2010, 06:47 PM
How come 760 AM ignores ST?

SpursSecurity
01-26-2010, 07:23 PM
I've asked the same thing several times and never got an answer. As far as Taylor goes, I've also met him in person, twice...once he was cool, they other, as he say's D-Bag. But aren't we all!!!

Good stuff in the afternoon Mike...I like it, but at times you ride it over the edge. Keep stayin real

01-26-2010, 08:07 PM
That tells you why they are here to collect a paycheck these dudes don't give a rats ass about you taco eating Spur fans.

If these guys would have came into town with some humble beginnings and not like they was the shit like GoGatos did when he first started posting here they might have had a chance.

rr2418
01-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Andy Everett is ok to listen to. Maybe b/c he is talking about "sports" and not the latest zone girl addition. Mike and Jim Bob, man... to me they are funny! But, they also talk about sports. Yesterday, they talked about Spurs and possible trade scenarios. I like the Grind! They are also funny and stick strictly to ST. The shouting of Chris Duel and the constant uh...uh...uh... of Jason Minnix is like nails on a chalkboard! Oh, when is Jason going to get rid of his cold? :D