PDA

View Full Version : Something was missing at last night's game...

Phenomanul
01-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Spurs fans needed to have shouted "MVP!!!, MVP!!! MVP!!!" everytime Duncan got the ball...

We can't drive this point home if our fans don't support it or believe it.

Kori Ellis
People in the arena were too busy shouting LUUUUUUUUUUUKE for Luke Walton :lol

hater
they should have chanted MVP when Kobe was exiting the floor with a "hurt back"

xtremesteven33
01-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Last night the San Antonio crowd actually started a "Go Spurs Go" by themselves....amazing

timvp
01-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Last night the San Antonio crowd actually started a "Go Spurs Go" by themselves....amazing

True. First time in a long while.

Phenomanul
01-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Having done so (OP) would have firmly cemented Duncan's inclusion into future MVP talks this season, because it was a nationally televised game (and the Spurs typically haven't fared well in such games)....

He most certainly deserves it for what he does on both ends of the court.

Obstructed_View
01-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Spurs fans know what Timmy is and believe it, which is why they don't have to chant it. There's a reason Laker fans do it for Kobe. It's the same reason Rick Carlisle politicked for his guys to win DPOY and Pop didn't.

Spursmania
01-13-2010, 01:29 PM
That sounded great. It was awesome to hear the Laker fans stfu during the game though. They were very cocky at the beginning and slowly their cheers died and then quiet. Lol...:king

VBM
01-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Spurs fans know what Timmy is and believe it, which is why they don't have to chant it.

I'd still prefer they helped OTHER people believe it...that way guys like Nash wouldn't be winning MVPs...

Phenomanul
01-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Spurs fans know what Timmy is and believe it, which is why they don't have to chant it. There's a reason Laker fans do it for Kobe.

I understand this point of view. But unfortunately those in the media don't watch Duncan night in and night out (and they're the ones casting the votes), we have to influence them with such nudges.

IIRC Spurs fans have employed this chant in support of Duncan's MVP consideration in previous seasons...

Phenomanul
01-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Then again it would have been counterproductive to do while Timmy is short-arming most of his freethrows... :lol

the crimson blur
01-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Spurs fans need to chant it every game. He is having too good of a season not to.

Give Timmy some love. If you are at the game, start the chant, people will follow. Everyone in that arena loves Tim Duncan, it won't be hard to get a good MVP chant going.

Obstructed_View
01-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Guys, Nash won the MVP because Bill Walton mentioned it to be quirky and controversial and ESPN picked it up because they don't know what defense is and didn't understand why John Stockton is twice the player Nash has ever been. Do you really think the network that won't show Spurs highlights (and sometimes won't even show the Spurs score in the ticker), or that talked down the Finals series that their parent network had broadcast rights for is going to pick up a "Duncan for MVP" campaign just because the fans are chanting it? Nobody's showing George Hill's steal against Kobe in the highlights. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Ask 100 casual NBA fans who put up better numbers over the past five years between Timmy and KG, and 90 of them will say KG simply because ESPN can't stop talking about how Timmy's body is breaking down (despite the fact that Timmy's missed fewer games than KG every season since 04-05).

Obstructed_View
01-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Spurs fans need to chant it every game. He is having too good of a season not to.

Give Timmy some love. If you are at the game, start the chant, people will follow. Everyone in that arena loves Tim Duncan, it won't be hard to get a good MVP chant going.

Doing it to show appreciation for Timmy is an excellent reason to do it.

EricB
01-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Meh. Chanting that wouldn't work and Duncan doesn't give a flip.

VBM
01-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Nobody's showing George Hill's steal against Kobe in the highlights. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Meh...it was a run of the mill two-handed dunk. I heard Matt Bonner yawned when it happened...:hat

I. Hustle
01-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Your mom

E-RockWill
01-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Your mom

Oh no, she was there.....

TheSullyMonster
01-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Having done so (OP) would have firmly cemented Duncan's inclusion into future MVP talks this season, because it was a nationally televised game (and the Spurs typically haven't fared well in such games)....

He most certainly deserves it for what he does on both ends of the court.

Was it? I didn't see it when I searched for NBA on my TV. When I checked both ESPN.com and NBA.com, it wasn't listed on a national station.

koriwhat
01-13-2010, 03:30 PM
... me in one of the 19000 seats in the at&t center. GDAMN!

Phenomanul
01-13-2010, 04:39 PM
was it? I didn't see it when i searched for nba on my tv. When i checked both espn.com and nba.com, it wasn't listed on a national station.

nbatv

Phenomanul
01-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Meh. Chanting that wouldn't work and Duncan doesn't give a flip.

He might not care about stat-padding.... but you're wrong if you think he doesn't ever think about his legacy. If he didn't care, he wouldn't be as competitive as he is. Winning is all about the legacy.

the crimson blur
01-13-2010, 05:23 PM
He might not care about stat-padding.... but you're wrong if you think he doesn't ever think about his legacy. If he didn't care, he wouldn't be as competitive as he is. Winning is all about the legacy.

Fuck what he thinks, WE should care about his legacy. A MVP is as much of a franchise accomplishment as an individual one. Everyone knows he deserves a few more anyway (hes clocked in so many MVP-level seasons its mind-boggling).

HarlemHeat37
01-13-2010, 05:56 PM
It doesn't really matter..

When you look at Duncan's stats, advanced stats, individual/team accolades, winning seasons..his argument easily beats ANYBODY'S argument for player of the decade..he's a top 10 guy all-time..Duncan can say that he NEVER needed the media hype, while guys like Kobe/Shaq always needed it..

if Duncan played in LA or Boston, I couldn't even imagine how hyped he would be..