PDA

View Full Version : Rodeo reminder...better get your tickets...

CosmicCowboy
01-13-2010, 03:53 PM
They are going fast.

Soul_Patch
01-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Bought some tickets to go see Darius Rucker off of ebay (lower level). Not a huge fan, but my wife likes him.

angel_luv
01-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Since the Terrace Club restaurant is open during the Rodeo, I will be at almost all the shows.

bus driver
01-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Since the Terrace Club restaurant is open during the Rodeo, I will be at almost all the shows.

can i go with u?

angel_luv
01-13-2010, 04:05 PM
can i go with u?

haha... no. My husband greatly prefers me not to have a date- unless it is him. :)

bus driver
01-13-2010, 04:23 PM
haha... no. My husband greatly prefers me not to have a date- unless it is him. :)

wheres the love? than dont tell him your going on a date! problem solved!

well if he bails on you, you know where to find me :toast

DannyT
01-13-2010, 04:30 PM
anyone got promo codes? Why is it so hard to find good seats in the lower bowl for these events?

CosmicCowboy
01-13-2010, 04:31 PM
anyone got promo codes? Why is it so hard to find good seats in the lower bowl for these events?

Because the lower bowl is 100% sold out to season ticket holders. your best bet for lower bowl is Craigslist.

CubanMustGo
01-13-2010, 04:31 PM
The Freeman's so small it doesn't make that much difference if you're on the upper level.

CosmicCowboy
01-13-2010, 04:34 PM
The Freeman's so small it doesn't make that much difference if you're on the upper level.

The rodeo hasn't been in the Freeman since the ATT Center opened.

CubanMustGo
01-13-2010, 04:36 PM
The rodeo hasn't been in the Freeman since the ATT Center opened.

LOL - neither have I, obviously !!! :lol

Soul_Patch
01-13-2010, 04:42 PM

lol...did you know the Spurs dont play in the Hemisfar Arena anymore? :p:

Frenzy
01-13-2010, 04:46 PM
OK...like I'm not a cowboy so I don't care. Surely I jest however... as some one has had never any interest is going. But has to for some reason what can i expect? Best day to go?....where to go?...etc

To my assumption it's just country music,food, and farm animals...not to mention the Rodeo.

Will some one give me the fyi?

CosmicCowboy
01-13-2010, 04:55 PM
OK...like I'm not a cowboy so I don't care. Surely I jest however... as some one has had never any interest is going. But has to for some reason what can i expect? Best day to go?....where to go?...etc

To my assumption it's just country music,food, and farm animals...not to mention the Rodeo.

Will some one give me the fyi?

Weekends are crazy crowded if the weather is good. You don't have to go to the rodeo..there's lots of other stuff going on...pretty much non-stop entertainment in the family fair area, a good carnival...lots of food/beer booths. Different stuff with different animals depending on what shows are there in the horse show/livestock area when you go. Great place to people watch. Parking is the usual expensive ATT parking but I think grounds admission is still $5. The whole horse show area is all brand new this year and also a new air conditioned exhibit hall.

Frenzy
01-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Weekends are crazy crowded if the weather is good. You don't have to go to the rodeo..there's lots of other stuff going on...pretty much non-stop entertainment in the family fair area, a good carnival...lots of food/beer booths. Different stuff with different animals depending on what shows are there in the horse show/livestock area when you go. Great place to people watch. Parking is the usual expensive ATT parking but I think grounds admission is still $5. The whole horse show area is all brand new this year and also a new air conditioned exhibit hall.

how's it smell..

CosmicCowboy
01-13-2010, 05:20 PM
how's it smell..

like roses.

mrsmaalox
01-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I looove the marketplace. They sell some of the most beautiful art and furniture I have ever seen.

marini martini
01-13-2010, 05:40 PM
I looove the marketplace. They sell some of the most beautiful art and furniture I have ever seen.

.......and jewelry, purses, belts, and clothes!!!:toast

CosmicCowboy
01-13-2010, 05:41 PM
You will like it then because the marketplace has almost doubled in size.

mrsmaalox
01-13-2010, 05:55 PM
.......and jewelry, purses, belts, and clothes!!!:toast

YES!!! Shall we shop till we drop, honey? :)

marini martini
01-13-2010, 06:10 PM
YES!!! Shall we shop till we drop, honey? :)

That would be fun, along with drinking, and pinchin' a few cowboy butts!:toast

CosmicCowboy
01-13-2010, 06:17 PM
You two are going together? :lol

I'll try to remember to keep my wranglers pointed on the opposite direction...:lol

mrsmaalox
01-13-2010, 06:24 PM
That would be fun, along with drinking, and pinchin' a few cowboy butts!:toast

Ooooh yes! Maybe we can ride some cowboys too! :lmao

CosmicCowboy
01-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Ooooh yes! Maybe we can ride some cowboys too! :lmao

Atrain will probably go shopping for some red ropers tomorrow now that he knows y'all are on the cowboy prowl..

tlongII
01-13-2010, 07:00 PM
PM CosmicCowboy for discounts on tickets. He practically owns that Rodeo deal.

mrsmaalox
01-14-2010, 11:42 AM
There are some big names : Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, Trace Adkins, Dierks Bentley. I'd probably see Darius Rucker. And I didn't see a hip hop/rap group like they usually have.

Entertainment line up:
http://www.sarodeo.com/sarodeo/rodeo_concert/2010entertainment.html

I. Hustle
01-14-2010, 12:37 PM
I get in fo free nuckas! With a parking pass