PDA

View Full Version : 'Dexter' Star Being Treated For Cancer

Strike
01-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Link Here... (http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-news/dexter-star-says-hes-being-treated-for-cancer/?cmpid=FCST_hero)

LOS ANGELES – ‘Dexter‘ star Michael C. Hall says he was diagnosed with cancer and is on the road to the successful completion of treatment.

In a statement Wednesday, Hall said he was fortunate to be diagnosed with a “treatable and curable condition,” Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and thanked his doctors and nurses for their expertise. The name of the Los Angeles area health facility where he has undergone treatment was not released.

Craig Bankey, a spokesman for the actor, said the disease is in complete remission and Hall’s treatment will continue as planned.

The 38-year-old Hall plans to attend Sunday’s Golden Globe awards with his wife, actress Jennifer Carpenter, and the upcoming Screen Actors Guild ceremony. He’s a nominee at both awards shows for his role as a serial killer in Showtime’s “Dexter.”

Bankey said Hall will return to production on the drama’s fifth season later this year.

The Gemini Method
01-13-2010, 06:58 PM
I was wondering if that is why he's been seen with shorter hair than normal. I mean, watching that post-4th season interview he had with John Litgow, I thought oh, he shaved his head (kinda) for a new role. Didn't think it was Hodgkin's Lymphoma...

Get better Michael C. Hall...

misterx91578
01-13-2010, 07:33 PM
good thoughts to you Michael

ashbeeigh
01-13-2010, 07:59 PM
wow. Shocking news.

Barry Watson, the brother from 7th Heaven recovered successfully from the same type of cancer so this is good news.

robino2001
01-13-2010, 08:15 PM
I was wondering if that is why he's been seen with shorter hair than normal. I mean, watching that post-4th season interview he had with John Litgow, I thought oh, he shaved his head (kinda) for a new role. Didn't think it was Hodgkin's Lymphoma...

Get better Michael C. Hall...

I had the exact same thoughts... thought he looked weird and wondered if the season was filmed with a wig or something.

The 38-year-old Hall plans to attend Sunday’s Golden Globe awards with his wife, actress Jennifer Carpenter, and the upcoming Screen Actors Guild ceremony. He’s a nominee at both awards shows for his role as a serial killer in Showtime’s “Dexter.”

He's married to his sister, huh... I never knew. That's illegal in most states - guess not Florida. :rollin

Kamala
01-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Hall is incredibly talented.

I'm a big fan of his work on Six Feet Under and Dexter. Two of the best shows of all time on cable imho. I hope he has a full recovery.