PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson takes a shot at San Antonio

djohn2oo8
01-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Didn't see this posted

Before Tuesday night's game between the Lakers and Spurs, Jackson was asked if he had run out of things to do while visiting San Antonio.

"I took a walk on the beautiful River Walk last night. There’s just some puddles here and there," Jackson said. "This morning, the ducks were still out playing in the puddles, so it was kind of quaint. I understand they clean it up this time of the year, get in there and dredge it a little bit. There wasn’t much beauty in San Antonio this trip."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/01/lakers-phil-jackson-takes-another-shot-at-city-of-san-antonio.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LAT_Sports_Blog+%28The+Fabulo us+Forum%29

lil_penny
01-13-2010, 07:21 PM
better than what he says about portland.. something along the lines of theres something in the water.. so many sad faces and too much rain lol

Obstructed_View
01-13-2010, 07:25 PM
First of all, Oh Noes!

Second of all, not really much of a shot if that was his intent, especially if he went to all the trouble to go for a hobble while he was in SA.

Donkeybong
01-13-2010, 07:27 PM
really reaching brah

Refocus
01-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Lame.

Dex
01-13-2010, 07:31 PM
:rolleyes Nobody knows how lame the Riverwalk is more than San Antonians. But thanks for the newsflash, PJ.

While he was there, maybe he should've dared the exciting times over the Alamo, as well.

alchemist
01-13-2010, 07:34 PM
:rolleyes Nobody knows how lame the Riverwalk is more than San Antonians. But thanks for the newsflash, PJ.

While he was there, maybe he should've dared the exciting times over the Alamo, as well.
:lmao :toast

balli
01-13-2010, 07:35 PM
especially if he went to all the trouble to go for a hobble while he was in SA.

:rollin

BlackSwordsMan
01-13-2010, 08:38 PM
river walk is ugly we know

EmptyMan
01-13-2010, 08:41 PM
river walk, wgaf.

pauls931
01-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Wish the sidewalks were a bit wider, it's a zoo there on Fridays. And the water is green so they don't have to dye it on st patrick's day.

lennyalderette
01-13-2010, 11:49 PM
ill tell you what san antonio will be alot better looking than l.a in a few year (earthquakes) major ones any year now!! all you laker fans that talk shit about s.a will be fleeing over here like roaches

cobbler
01-14-2010, 12:15 AM
ill tell you what san antonio will be alot better looking than l.a in a few year (earthquakes) major ones any year now!! all you laker fans that talk shit about s.a will be fleeing over here like roaches

So you are saying San Antonio will someday move up in status and be attractive to roaches. Hmmmm... ok.

daslicer
01-14-2010, 12:17 AM
I was expected more then riverwalk insults. I thought was going to bitch about the refs.

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-14-2010, 12:52 AM
Then San Antonio will be worth visiting. Look what we did to Phoenix.

I hate Phoenix and even then the shitty parts of PHX are much better than LA. Most of Cali is awesome but LA is a shit hole.

Leetonidas
01-14-2010, 01:08 AM
LOL @ anyone thinking someone insulting the Riverwalk is gonna offend us. Anyone that lives here doesn't give a flying fuck about the Riverwalk, only dipshit tourists do for some reason.

phyzik
01-14-2010, 01:12 AM
LOL @ anyone thinking someone insulting the Riverwalk is gonna offend us. Anyone that lives here doesn't give a flying fuck about the Riverwalk, only dipshit tourists do for some reason.

+1

I havnt been to the riverwalk in like 12 years except when I pass by it to go pay a ticket or something.

It's like insulting a cities old movie theatre that no one goes to anymore. Phil Jackson may as well make fun of the dollar theatre off of 410 and Summit Parkway.

jag
01-14-2010, 01:55 AM
I don't even live in SA...but this is just stupid. I'll assume the lack of burning cars and street riots probably made him feel somewhat out of place.

Hooks
01-14-2010, 01:59 AM
I've lived in SA for 18 years and I've never seen the river walk in real life lol

phyzik
01-14-2010, 02:03 AM
I've lived in SA for 18 years and I've never seen the river walk in real life lol

Seriously....

Its like making fun of french people for having the eiffel tower. Do you really think they give a fuck that the eiffel tower is even their?

Do people in Cali get all butt hurt when the Hollywood sign gets tagged on or some shit?

koriwhat
01-14-2010, 02:05 AM
fuck the river walk the alamo and all the shit bars in town!

Obstructed_View
01-14-2010, 02:13 AM
Actually, I love the riverwalk. I think it's great. It's one of my favorite places. That said, I'm not any more bothered by the fact that Phil Jackson or Mark Cuban hate it than I am by the fact that Phyzik or Leetonidas don't really care about it. If that's really the worst smack Cubes and Highchair can come up with, they should probably hire some writers.

phyzik
01-14-2010, 02:15 AM
fuck the river walk the alamo and all the shit bars in town!

Talking shit about the Alamo is a no-no in my book.

My great, great, great grandfather was a judge of Gonzales, Andrew Ponton.

He was involved in hiding the cannon from Santa Anna.... you know... the famous "come and get it" shit. William B. Travis sent word to him asking for support for the Alamo and he did it. Here is proof.

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/PP/fpo14.html

My family is actually in the history books that kids read today.

BRHornet45
01-14-2010, 02:16 AM
sons its a shame that hairy piece of shit didn't fall in and drown.

Obstructed_View
01-14-2010, 02:18 AM
sons its a shame that hairy piece of shit didn't fall in and drown.

I don't think there's enough water in it to drown at this point without a big battle with the ducks.

koriwhat
01-14-2010, 02:37 AM
Talking shit about the Alamo is a no-no in my book.

My great, great, great grandfather was a judge of Gonzales, Andrew Ponton.

He was involved in hiding the cannon from Santa Anna.... you know... the famous "come and get it" shit. William B. Travis sent word to him asking for support for the Alamo and he did it. Here is proof.

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/PP/fpo14.html

My family is actually in the history books that kids read today.

who gives a shit? not me. bunch of chumps who died at the hands of some mexicans who were ran off their own land and came back to shoot the fuck out of crocket and the like. btw 99% of that alamo aint even the alamo.

all_heart
01-14-2010, 03:13 AM
There isn't much to look at in SA.. we don't have a beach, nice trees, mountains, impressive sky line.. so no big deal. I heard Cali is going downhill fast.

all_heart
01-14-2010, 03:15 AM
who gives a shit? not me. bunch of chumps who died at the hands of some mexicans who were ran off their own land and came back to shoot the fuck out of crocket and the like. btw 99% of that alamo aint even the alamo.

youre' just being fuckin ignorant, if it wasn't for guys like that half of Texas just may BE Mexico still.

rjv
01-14-2010, 10:53 AM
hell, if i was from los angeles i'd be happy just to be somewhere that i could breathe.

jb4g
01-14-2010, 11:08 AM
nice of him to get out and take a hobble around our quaint little town. Maybe someone should have told him the river is EMPTY right now for the yearly cleaning....dont worry...next time the Lakers visit it will be full of that nasty green water again...feel free to take a swim Phil.

panic giraffe
01-14-2010, 11:25 AM
he didn't even make fun of it. even acknowledged that he knew that they were cleaning it out. no big deal, would be like if he commented on how quiet bourbon st was when it wasn't mardi gras...or how shitty houston is since well, its houston, nothing to see here.

hell don't they stay at either the valencia or the westin when they're in town? you would think he'd damn well be a river rat by now, with the discount and all.

ah, the alamo, my grandma's grandpa killed a lot of upity carpetbaggers and slaveholders there....memories, too bad we lost the war and all... :depressed

koriwhat
01-14-2010, 11:34 AM
youre' just being fuckin ignorant, if it wasn't for guys like that half of Texas just may BE Mexico still.

ignorant? i just gave a real fuckin' history lesson! sorry if your 8th grade history teacher lied to you.

btw, all of texas was mexico's before the slaughter fest.

Strike
01-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Phil Jackson said something about an NBA city that could be construed as an insult?

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-04-07/everybody_panic.gif