PDA

View Full Version : Ric Bucher chat

Amuseddaysleeper
04-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Here are 2 excerpts from the ESPN Ric Bucher chat, and I chose the 2 that mention the Spurs....

Roger, Dowagiac MI: Ric...fact or fiction...San Antonio will not make it out of the first round as long as Tim Duncan keeps playing the way he is playing.

Ric Bucher: (4:45 PM ET ) I am going to say fiction. I don't think Duncan is going to continue playing like this. I don't think Miller will either though. Ganobli can be a bigger presence. They may have to play Parker fewer minutes and go with a bigger linup. But their versatilty should allow them to survive.

David (GR): What are the chances of a Piston repeat this year?

Ric Bucher: (4:49 PM ET ) I rate them as excellent. They are the one team that has five guys who hav seen every possible scenario and are playoff tested. I think the bench can give them enough but the margin for error is thinner. I think if SA isn't waiting for them, it's a cakewalk.

...so even after losing gm 1, he still seems to believe SA has the best chances of winning it all! we get a split at home, a split on the road, and we'll be fine at 2-2 to close it out in 6

T Park
04-26-2005, 10:38 PM
I agree.

Less Udrih, run Brent Barry at the point, Run Robinson out there in Udrih's minutes.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-26-2005, 10:40 PM
TPark, do you think Bowen should do less minutes? I mean he seems like such a liability on offense although he does pretty well on guarding melo. I think Bowen should lget ess minutes and maybe robinson should do more, cuz once again it seemed our offense let us down and not our defense.

TMTTRIO
04-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Wow we have a new player named Ganobli on our team :lol

T Park
04-26-2005, 10:43 PM
No, Bowen is fine on offense if hes getting shots.

The guy got 1 shot in what 38 minutes??

Terrible.

Brent Barry 2 shots in 19 minutes, pathetic.

These guys have to shoot more.

If they have an open shot, SHOOT IT.

Nothing wrong with waiting for a good shot, but if your open, THAT IS A GOOD SHOT.

No, I repeat.

Run Brent Barry as the point guard, hes not quick, BUT, if you play Zone, that limits the effectiveness of Boykins.

Plus another great idea, if Boykins goes to the hole, make him go all the way instead of dishing to guys like Martin and Camby.

He is not the best of finishers at the rim.

Brent Barry at the point, Glen Robinson at the guard position.

then Ginobili.

I think Robinson could do OK on Anthony or Buckner.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-26-2005, 10:44 PM
I think SA needs to attack the rim more, once they turn into a jump shooting team, then we're all in trouble

T Park
04-26-2005, 10:50 PM
Agreed, Ginobili, Parker, and Duncan need to go at the rim HARD.

When Duncan gets there, DUNK IT (hey, if Rasho gets it Duncan should too)

IMO, the Spurs have to come out agressive, fired up, and just all over hte place.

Try for every rebound, dive for every loose ball.

On defense stay in front of your man, and force them into the bigs, NO OPEN LAYUPS.

PLus, the drive and kick has GOT to be brought back, if it aint there, GO TO THE BASKET.

That includeds Brent Barry, who I think is the best finisher at the rim along with Ginobili.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Here's some excerpts SA related from the Basketball News chat on ESPN...

Ginobili (San Antonio): Buenas tardes Ken, I cheat and do a lot of dirty things on the court. I remind myself of John Stockton. I love it when I flail my head back and get calls. The long hair really helps. So I want to cheat in this chat too. Tell me do you guys log IP adresses. or do you just look at names to make sure youre not answering questions from the same guy twice.

Ken Bikoff: I'll take the last part first. I don't really look at names. I just pick out the best questions. If one guy has five good questions or something I think will be fun to talk about, I pick it. Otherwise, I don't really look at names. As for your question, Ginobili isn't dirty, and neither is Nocioni. They play hard, they do the little things that most NBA players skip, which makes it stand out. I think Nocioni and Ginobili get a bad rap. Look at Reggie Miller. He kicks out his legs when he shoots to try to draw fouls. Shaq runs people over. Everybody has their little things.

Ralphy (JVILLE IN): Duncan.....is he 100% or is he just playing poorly?

Ken Bikoff: No, Duncan isn't 100 percent. He isn't moving well, and he reminds me of a late 1990s Patrick Ewing. Playing on that ankle certainly won't help anything.

Damien (NY): What do you think is the possibility of Denver knocking off San Antonio in the first round? And if they do move on can they be considered contenders for the NBA title?

Ken Bikoff: I'm calling the Nuggets in this series. This isn't your normal No. 7 seed. The Nuggets have played two seasons this year, one before George Karl and one after. His impact can't be stressed enough because his leadership brought everybody together because the players suddenly respected the coach. It's a shame that Jeff Bzdelik didn't get the same respect because I think he can be a fine coach. But what Karl has done with that team is out of this world.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-26-2005, 10:58 PM
when he said 'go with a bigger lineup'
i think he was alluding to barry at pg

T Park
04-26-2005, 11:02 PM
i think he was alluding to barry at pg

Uh, what have I been sayin???

grjr
04-27-2005, 01:47 AM
Uh, what have I been sayin???

I was hoping Pop would would try Barry out at PG more late in the season when Beno was sucking but he never did. I think that's gonna bite us in the ass now.