PDA

View Full Version : Looking To Taking The SW Division Lead....

jmanu20
01-14-2010, 12:12 AM
First of all, hell of a win over OKC tonight. That depth that many of us Spurs fans knew we had is really starting to shine!

Next 3 for the Spurs:

1/15 at CHA
1/16 at MEM
1/18 vs. NOH

Next 3 for the Mavs:

1/15 vs. OKC
1/17 at TOR
1/18 at BOS

These are all winnable games for the Spurs but the CHA-MEM B2B is going to be much tougher than in past years. The Bobcats are excellent at home and the youth of the Grizzlies is starting to come together, as they are actually an over .500 team. I would hope to see Ian get some PT vs MEM b/c of all their young guys, but OKC has plenty of young guys and Ian didn't get in the game.

As for the Mavs, OKC will not be an easy out, even in Dallas. I'm hoping by Friday we will be in 1st in the SW! The Mavs will probably in TOR, but that BOS game has letdown written all over it.

Thoughts?

lennyalderette
01-14-2010, 12:22 AM
we just need to remember health not get caught up in the standings i mean look at whats happening to those arrogant injured fakers!!!! we have to cruise and if we lose a game to help timmy be 100% then so be it

jmanu20
01-14-2010, 12:25 AM
we just need to remember health not get caught up in the standings i mean look at whats happening to those arrogant injured fakers!!!! we have to cruise and if we lose a game to help timmy be 100% then so be it

True. I'm just hoping we win against the Bobcats so maybe TD gets the night off against the Grizzlies. Although with Randolph and Gasol to handle that might not be a good idea...

draft87
01-14-2010, 12:37 AM
First of all, hell of a win over OKC tonight. That depth that many of us Spurs fans knew we had is really starting to shine!

Next 3 for the Spurs:

1/15 at CHA
1/16 at MEM
1/18 vs. NOH

Next 3 for the Mavs:

1/15 vs. OKC
1/17 at TOR
1/18 at BOS

These are all winnable games for the Spurs but the CHA-MEM B2B is going to be much tougher than in past years. The Bobcats are excellent at home and the youth of the Grizzlies is starting to come together, as they are actually an over .500 team. I would hope to see Ian get some PT vs MEM b/c of all their young guys, but OKC has plenty of young guys and Ian didn't get in the game.

As for the Mavs, OKC will not be an easy out, even in Dallas. I'm hoping by Friday we will be in 1st in the SW! The Mavs will probably in TOR, but that BOS game has letdown written all over it.

Thoughts?

Right on. Not to sound like a lame "plug" but I made a thread on some thoughts about the upcoming schedule and since you're asking for thoughts on the winnability of the upcoming schedule, check it out:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144187

alchemist
01-14-2010, 12:38 AM
With Dallas now having the same amount of losses I'm not even looking that far. The Laker win was a confidence booster, the Oklahoma win was a tremendous chemistry builder. This team is meshing :toast

the crimson blur
01-14-2010, 12:52 AM
That 3 game stretch is a lot tougher than it looks for the Spurs. CHA is a tough home team, MEM is actually really good (they have an amazing record since Iverson left), and the Hornets are streaking. I'd love 3-0 but its hard to say.

The schedule won't give us help from now on. Its time to show what we're made of.

ffadicted
01-14-2010, 12:57 AM

Broski, truer words have never been spoken, I agree 100%

With that said, I'd love to see the spurs atop the divison by the end of the week, and it's a very doable task

BackHome
01-14-2010, 01:05 AM
With BB comming up I think it is an excellent time to see a little more of Ian and Haislip/Hariston and give them some playing time to see what they can bring. Need to be careful with Blairs knees and Manu is playing his usual crazy hang it all on the line ball which is nice to see but watch his minutes!

murpjf88
01-14-2010, 01:22 AM

Next 3 for the Spurs:

1/15 at CHA
1/16 at MEM
1/18 vs. NOH

Next 3 for the Mavs:

1/15 vs. OKC
1/17 at TOR
1/18 at BOS

Thoughts?

The NO game is actually in NO. They are 15-3 at home. That is still a tough three game stretch. I will be happy taking two of three.

ezau
01-14-2010, 01:24 AM
I'm content with the split and oh, amazing back-to-back wins against teams with winning records. Not to mention that Duncan sat out the against OKC

jmanu20
01-14-2010, 01:26 AM
The NO game is actually in NO. They are 15-3 at home. That is still a tough three game stretch. I will be happy taking two of three.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have the Spurs schedule as my wallpaper on my laptop, just oversight on my part. This three game stretch got even tougher, and I will also be happy taking 2 of 3.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-14-2010, 01:27 AM
The final showdown with the Mavs will be more important to deciding the division than the next three games on our respective schedules.

That piss poor execution and coaching down the stretch of the last showdown will come back to bite us in the ass if we aren't sharp the next game.

murpjf88
01-14-2010, 01:31 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. I have the Spurs schedule as my wallpaper on my laptop, just oversight on my part. This three game stretch got even tougher, and I will also be happy taking 2 of 3.

:toast

Obstructed_View
01-14-2010, 02:21 AM
Taking a percentage lead in the division by the fourth week in January is going to be far more critical than getting any contribution from young players. Make sure not to risk all of these meaningful games. Wasn't that mindset what had Bonner starting instead of Blair at the beginning of the season?

EricB
01-14-2010, 02:26 AM
The Charlotte road game and Memphis road games are winnable but will take their toll. Memphis is greatly improved and Charlotte is a potential playoff team.

The Memphis game will really be an interesting one to see how pop plays it. They are a long team and big in the front court.

Charlotte is like OKC however in their a long athletic frontline with Jackson Wallace and Mohammed being their frontline.

Pop may elect to sit Duncan friday and play him saturday. doubtfull though and a move I would disagree with.

The New Orleans game will be immensly tough as New Orleans is playing so much better and its an afternoon game therefore Duncan won't be awake for it.

duncan228
01-14-2010, 02:41 AM
...and its an afternoon game therefore Duncan won't be awake for it.

This is true, and therefore not funny, but I had to :lol