PDA

View Full Version : Why is it TPark's god given right?

Cant_Be_Faded
01-14-2010, 01:03 AM
I'll try my best not to make it personal or use cuss words

But why is it Tpark's god given right to

a) appear on TV with kori ellis making generic points that Ginobili_is_God could have made

b) clank free throws at the SBC Center for an attempt to make him even richer than he already is

c) hog all the airtime on the new Kori Ellis show

?

I don't get it, and really will eat crow if someone explains it to me.
Tenks. :flag:

DPG21920
01-14-2010, 01:09 AM

monosylab1k
01-14-2010, 01:10 AM
brah just call in and steal his air time. I call in with shitty character voices and they let me carry on with that crap.

Kori Ellis
01-14-2010, 01:12 AM
1. LOL @ TV
2. Hey.. he won a big screen, even if he missed the truck.
3. Everyone can call in an stay on the line. Step up your game and call in early next time. :)

Cant_Be_Faded
01-14-2010, 01:13 AM
I just can't help but think it seems like a typical "good 'ole boys" situation where TPark gets all the breaks simply by virtue of him being the Lane Kiffin of his industry.

Kori Ellis
01-14-2010, 01:15 AM
I just can't help but think it seems like a typical "good 'ole boys" situation where TPark gets all the breaks simply by virtue of him being the Lane Kiffin of his industry.

Call the show next time five minutes after it starts and you can stay on the whole time, if you actually talk.

EricB
01-14-2010, 01:15 AM
Raise the Bar.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-14-2010, 01:19 AM
If your talking points and style have raised the bar then I don't want to rock the boat.
Proceed.
Crow = eaten. My bad.

EricB
01-14-2010, 01:20 AM
If your talking points and style have raised the bar then I don't want to rock the boat.
Proceed.
Crow = eaten. My bad.

Im just curious why I bother you so much.

Seriously.

TDMVPDPOY
01-14-2010, 01:21 AM
i think he stayed on like for 30mins

EricB
01-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Proceed.
Crow = eaten. My bad.

If you think my takes are so bad, call in and bring better ones.

Im serious, it makes the show better and only makes the forum better. I welcome it 100% and hope you do.

Seriously, call in friday.

timvp
01-14-2010, 01:23 AM
I asked EricB to call in. I think he's pretty damn good. Much better than me.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-14-2010, 01:24 AM
I asked EricB to call in. I think he's pretty damn good. Much better than me.

That definitely seals it then.

I was wrong and was just being spiteful.

mavs>spurs2
01-14-2010, 01:25 AM
lol i agree with the faggot

Kori Ellis
01-14-2010, 01:28 AM
That definitely seals it then.

I was wrong and was just being spiteful.

:lol

I just don't get what there is to be spiteful about... five people can get on the line at the same time, and I allowed over 25 callers on air each show. If there were more people waiting, I would have cut EricB off sooner.

So, if you (or anyone) else has something to say, step up and call... you can get on and stay on for as long as you like (relatively).

EricB
01-14-2010, 01:30 AM
I'm torn about calling in.

Your a definate must to call in, I implore you to on friday.

EricB
01-14-2010, 01:33 AM
In the words of the late Colonel Sanders, "I'm too drunk to tast this chicken."

Then be sober for friday :)

ClingingMars
01-14-2010, 01:40 AM
What's this about TV? I've been loaded with coursework and missed the game.

Stringer_Bell
01-14-2010, 02:02 AM
Kori Ellis is a TV show? I thought it was on radio, but hot damn they be raising the bar to the next level. I want that shit in HD!

Kori Ellis
01-14-2010, 02:04 AM
:lol There's no TV.

He was referencing TPark being on the WOAI Roundtable with me a few years ago.

EricB
01-14-2010, 02:07 AM
with Peter Burns and Rob Thompson.

good times that was :)

thispego
01-14-2010, 02:07 AM
i missed the show, what happened? tsparkle stunk it up agaon?

timvp shut the fuck up you are way better than tpark, your takes anyway.

cbf i cant believe you give up so easily when you have a valid point!

Amuseddaysleeper
01-14-2010, 02:10 AM
You know TPark and I have had our differences on these forums, but when it came to calling on the air I really gotta tip my hat.

The dude did great, brought up solid stats, and to be honest, I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm sure each episode will continue to generate more and more callers, and if the Spurs go on a 10 game win streak causing the poster Ashley to call in for phone sex then the ratings will be through the roof! :lol

EricB
01-14-2010, 02:15 AM
You know TPark and I have had our differences on these forums, but when it came to calling on the air I really gotta tip my hat.

The dude did great, brought up solid stats, and to be honest, I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm sure each episode will continue to generate more and more callers, and if the Spurs go on a 10 game win streak causing the poster Ashley to call in for phone sex then the ratings will be through the roof! :lol

Ash is good people, great to hear from her. Met her a couple times at GTGs.

ShoogarBear
01-14-2010, 02:51 AM
CBF should call in after squeezing a couple of fatties.

MavTalker
01-14-2010, 04:22 AM
I won't be of much value Friday as I have other plans that are not Spurs related. Of course I will keep up with the game via iPhone, but if I just looked at the box score I would have never known Manu was the reason the Spurs won tonight.

stop being such a homo grow a pair and call in!

you can't excuse yourself and go to the men's room to at least check in?

you can't spare 30 seconds for Kori?

alamo50
01-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Raise the Bar.

http://ww-recipes.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/weight-watchers-snickers-candy-bar-recipe.jpg

EricB
01-14-2010, 11:18 AM
?

Kermit
01-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Sounds like someone woke up on the jealous side of the bed.

Leetonidas
01-14-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm waiting for one of the trolls to call in still

Budkin
01-14-2010, 12:20 PM
brah just call in and steal his air time. I call in with shitty character voices and they let me carry on with that crap.

I only listened to the first show but that shit was hilarious. You had Dirk and Nash down cold. Keep it up! :tu

Cant_Be_Faded
01-14-2010, 10:20 PM
i missed the show, what happened? tsparkle stunk it up agaon?

timvp shut the fuck up you are way better than tpark, your takes anyway.

cbf i cant believe you give up so easily when you have a valid point!

Well it either is a good ole boys system where Tpark gets to be spoonfed greatness his whole life by virtue of who he is
or it isn't.

And even though I think he's blase to the maximum, others seem to grovel at his every take. So...
Peggers you should call in. I wasn't allowed to talk last night cuz I'm not in the rotation.

Steve Perry
01-14-2010, 10:31 PM
http://ww-recipes.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/weight-watchers-snickers-candy-bar-recipe.jpg

:lmao

Ignignokt
01-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Timvp's blog powers>>>>>>>>>>>>> radio talent.

I can't say this enough. He has an extremely monotone voice, which is not too bad if you can talk at a faster frequency, or if you have a hypnotic rhythm to your voice.

Also, he sounds like he has some bad acid reflux or indigestion. Whenever Kori defers to him he seems like he's about to burp.

Tpark, definately has a radio voice, but he needs to be more colorful because Kori and Timvp are not. Now Kori, does have good and exciting things to say, and she has a laid back style, but her job is more like a moderator, like and Ernie stint at TNT. She does a decent job, and she improved in one night tremendously.

senorglory
01-14-2010, 11:00 PM
If I call in, can I use my tittie-bar dj voice?

Next up on the main stage, reboundin' your way, get those dollar bills out, gentlemen, we got the Beast!

Dr. Gonzo
01-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Did TPark squeeze in a mention of his love for $70 cigars and $200 glasses of scotch?

The Truth #6
01-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Eric B is good on the radio? Interesting. Does he save all his bad takes for Spurs Talk?

senorglory
01-14-2010, 11:08 PM
BTW, way to go to everyone that participated in this, freakin awesome experiment. Way to do something, to produce something rather than just consuming. Great fun.

Dro210
01-14-2010, 11:13 PM
From what I've seen, he takes the initiative. He was the 1st person to call the show the 1st night. If you wanna be on, call in. Regardless of having 'best caller' threads, I don't think this is a competition. If you feel like you've got some good shit to say, you're depriving everybody by not calling, and can't blame anybody but yourself.

I decided to call and was on within 2 minutes or less. My question didn't get much thought, cause the show was almost over, and I understand I'm basically an unknown, but I'm sure if I call again, it'll only get better.

Just sayin'...

duncan228
01-14-2010, 11:35 PM
If you wanna be on, call in. Regardless of having 'best caller' threads, I don't think this is a competition. If you feel like you've got some good shit to say, you're depriving everybody by not calling, and can't blame anybody but yourself.

I decided to call and was on within 2 minutes or less. My question didn't get much thought, cause the show was almost over, and I understand I'm basically an unknown, but I'm sure if I call again, it'll only get better.

Just sayin'...

I agree, it isn't a competition. It's a great addition to the board, another way for SpursTalk to break down the game together.

'Unknown' doesn't matter. Anyone with something to add should call. The collective basketball knowledge here is incredible, it's cool that we have another way to share it.

EricB
01-14-2010, 11:36 PM

I can't say this enough. He has an extremely monotone voice, which is not too bad if you can talk at a faster frequency, or if you have a hypnotic rhythm to your voice.

Also, he sounds like he has some bad acid reflux or indigestion. Whenever Kori defers to him he seems like he's about to burp.

Tpark, definately has a radio voice, but he needs to be more colorful because Kori and Timvp are not. Now Kori, does have good and exciting things to say, and she has a laid back style, but her job is more like a moderator, like and Ernie stint at TNT. She does a decent job, and she improved in one night tremendously.

Appreciate the compliment, would love to know what you mean by being more colorfull.

I'm always trying to improve and would love to know what you mean by that.

Thanks! :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm torn about calling in.

Do it! You bring great takes to the forum. Looking forward to hearing what you've got to say.

lennyalderette
01-15-2010, 01:22 AM
hey how do you get on the show? what is this show about? and where can i watch it /hear it?

duncan228
01-15-2010, 01:30 AM
hey how do you get on the show? what is this show about? and where can i watch it /hear it?

Info about the second one is stickied at the top of the board. There will be one after every game.

If you haven't heard the show, you can listen here:

The Kori Ellis Show - Jan. 13 (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/convertplaylist.aspx?PlayListUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww. blogtalkradio.com%2fspurstalk%2fplay_list.xml%3fsh ow_id%3d862616&OutputType=m3u)

or here:

The Kori Ellis Show - Homepage (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/spurstalk)

timvp
01-15-2010, 03:42 AM

Naturally. We know this. Duck's blog powers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>timvp radio talent.

I've been trying to convince Kori to do this show for about five years but she refused to do it without me. I knew I'd suck at it and hate doing it so I relented for those five years ... but I finally gave in for the betterment of SpursTalk.

Multitasking while piecing together sentences about the Spurs is the last thing this country fed south texas born and bred playdawg wants to be doing. I'd scoff me too but it's kinda like scoffing Aggy fan for having flat chested cheerleaders. We know this. It's natural, naturally. Corso I am not.

timvp
01-15-2010, 03:43 AM
'Unknown' doesn't matter. Anyone with something to add should call. The collective basketball knowledge here is incredible, it's cool that we have another way to share it.

Egg Zac Lee.

HarlemHeat37
01-15-2010, 03:50 AM
I'm disappointed that none of the callers so far have had heavy stereotypical Texan accents..the only Texans I've ever met had heavy accents..my world is upside down right now..

Blackjack
01-15-2010, 03:50 AM

That radio shit ain't easy and it takes time to feel comfortable and find your way; I actually haven't a clue but I'd prefer you keep doing it because it's better than anything else we have for the Spurs.:smokin

Blackjack
01-15-2010, 03:51 AM
I'm disappointed that none of the callers so far have had heavy stereotypical Texan accents..the only Texans I've ever met had heavy accents..my world is upside down right now..

Didn't we have a redneck Avery?

HarlemHeat37
01-15-2010, 03:55 AM
I don't really mean the "redneck" accent though..

Blackjack
01-15-2010, 04:12 AM
My Texas tends to come out a bit when I drink, so maybe I'll give it a shot one night..

HarlemHeat37
01-15-2010, 04:34 AM
I love the Texas shit, I have fond memories of it..Cancun 2006 LOL..

Real though, I think I'm gonna call in with my NY flavor, let me know when you call in, I'll try to get on with you since we're always talking here anyways..

DMX7
01-15-2010, 05:16 AM
b) clank free throws at the SBC Center for an attempt to make him even richer than he already is

Really? Has it been that long?

Cant_Be_Faded
01-15-2010, 11:27 AM
yes it was the sbc center at the time

ashbeeigh
01-15-2010, 12:15 PM

That was actually J.T., not me.

And CBF needs to quit his whining and call in. Goodness gracious. It's only the second show.

Blackjack
01-15-2010, 01:21 PM
I love the Texas shit, I have fond memories of it..Cancun 2006 LOL..

Real though, I think I'm gonna call in with my NY flavor, let me know when you call in, I'll try to get on with you since we're always talking here anyways..

Will do.

thispego
01-15-2010, 02:14 PM
That was actually J.T., not me.

And CBF needs to quit his whining and call in. Goodness gracious. It's only the second show.

I don't think people should be lying to tpark, though. I mean, why get his hopes up like that?

dickface
01-16-2010, 09:45 PM
crofl CBF crominated