PDA

View Full Version : Will Erazem Lorbek ever play in the NBA?

mogrovejo
01-14-2010, 12:29 PM
His draft rights are hold by the Pacers. Questions (mostly for the Slovenians in the board).

Has he ever expressed interest in joining the NBA? Has the NCAA experience left a sour taste in his mouth to the point he isn't willing to cross the Atlantic once again? This issue has to come in his interviews with the Slovenian press, right? What does he usually answer?

Plus: what do you think of his potential in the NBA? Which position will he be able to play? Is he quick enough to defend NBA 4s? Strong and tough enough to defend 5s? Will he be able to create his own shot in the NBA like he does in Europe? Is he a 3rd big? What kind of team would fit him?

Thanks.

Kamnik
01-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Will he ever play? Probably not...

Could he play? For sure...

Don't want to compare him with TD but Erazem is like TD-lite; he has the whole package. Post moves, range, basketball IQ, quiet leadership etc.

In my opinion he could be as good as Scola.

mogrovejo
01-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Will he ever play? Probably not...

Could he play? For sure...

Why do you say he probably won't play? Do you recall any interviews with him where this issue was mentioned?

I also think he could play, the biggest problem I see is his lack of a defensive position in the NBA.

Kobayagi
01-15-2010, 05:41 AM
Yes, it's been mentioned. He prefers european style of basketball. Seeing his fellow countrymen Rasho, Brezec, Slokar being stuck at the end of the bench doesn't help either, even though he's better than all of them.

I don't think he has the ambition of being a bench player in the NBA, when he can be a star in Europe.