PDA

View Full Version : Bynum for Bosh ?

superfedja
01-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Are you freakin serious ??? I hope the Raptors ask for more cuz Bosh is a freaking monster ! A frontcourt of Bosh, Gasol, Artest and Odom would just be unfair... how many all-stars does Kobe need to win a championship ?

No way the Lakers can keep getting these kind of deals without transfering some money under the table (like in the Gasol trade)... Bynum's good but he's no Chris Bosh... I'm sure they can get a better deal for him.

hater
01-14-2010, 02:35 PM
it's the lakers. DJ Benga and The Machine will suffice

z0sa
01-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Wouldn't it just be a half-season rental? The Lakers don't have money to resign Kobe and sign Bosh to a huge deal in 2010.

StoneBuddha
01-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Actually, it might just me but I'm not 100% convinced this makes them a better team. Bynum gives them a different dimension that Bosh doesn't and there's a lot more overlap between Bosh and Gasol...

Imagine the luxury tax the Lakers would pay though.

StoneBuddha
01-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Wouldn't it just be a half-season rental? The Lakers don't have money to resign Kobe and sign Bosh to a huge deal in 2010.

Lakers would have Bird rights for both.

z0sa
01-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Lakers would have Bird rights for both.

Bird rights can be traded - I was unsure.

Still quite a pretty penny for the Laker ownership.

IronMexican
01-14-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't like the trade.

j.dizzle
01-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Bynum is known to start playing his best ball in January..If he keeps playing like that & stays healthy I wouldnt want Bosh. Its nice having a true center.

I. Hustle
01-14-2010, 02:46 PM
That is bullshit

usdane
01-14-2010, 02:51 PM
It will never happen. You never hear rumors before a Lakers trade.

Mitch is about to pull a undervalued future all-star PG out of his ass.

baseline bum
01-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Bird rights can be traded - I was unsure.

Still quite a pretty penny for the Laker ownership.

Bosh would only cost about $2.7M more next season than they're already slated to pay Bynum. Of course, a Bosh contract would be 5 or 6 years, whereas Bynum's deal is only fully guaranteed through this year and the two after. I'm not sure how much he gets if the team doesn't pick up it's option on him the third year after this one.

robbie380
01-14-2010, 03:16 PM
i don't think that trade improves the lakers. bosh is a great talent but they already have gasol and bosh is not a true center.

draft87
01-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Are you freakin serious ??? I hope the Raptors ask for more cuz Bosh is a freaking monster ! A frontcourt of Bosh, Gasol, Artest and Odom would just be unfair... how many all-stars does Kobe need to win a championship ?

No way the Lakers can keep getting these kind of deals without transfering some money under the table (like in the Gasol trade)... Bynum's good but he's no Chris Bosh... I'm sure they can get a better deal for him.

That trade is scary but this is nowhere near Gasol-like in terms of fair play.
Toronto would get a great deal since it's very likely Bosh leaves after this season. They could lose Bosh for NOTHING this summer or get Andrew Bynum, who signed an extension this season. If they pull the trigger soon they get half a season to fit him with the team. They'll finally have a real center.

Neither Bosh nor Bargnani are true centers. Bargnani is actually a terrible center. He doesn't rebound well and his perimeter game is much better than his postup or inside game. With Bynum they get a man in the middle who protects the rim and provides a benefit for keeping Bargnani on the perimeter. They have a ton of shooters to stretch floor already and Bargnani makes his defender play away from the rim.

For the Lakers, I don't like this deal in the long run. There's a risk of losing Bosh after the season. But since there's a decent chance of him willing to stay in LA, I can't say it's ultimately a bad deal. Bosh and Gasol can switch at the 5 spot. Can Bosh deal with being a third option? What would be an unfair trade is if the Lakers got a guard out of the trade. They have roster spots open so they could take in another player. Actually, now that I think of it, Bosh makes over $3 Million more than Bynum. The Lakers would have to either give cash, a draft pick, or another player. Vujacic for Belinelli? That would even out the salaries, but I'm not sure either team wants to do that. Vujacic is getting paid too much and has been on a two year slump. Belinelli is a good deal for the dollar. Eh, whatever I shouldn't spend more time thinking about this. If the trade goes through I hope it makes the Lakers worse.

But I was listening to the B.S. Report with Chad Ford. I like Simmons' take on the Bosh/Bynum trade possibly putting a halt to the "Summer of 2010" epic that the shitty teams in the East are trying to write. Could the trade eventually backfire on the Lakers...and every team gunning for the 2010 super powers? That woudl be good because I don't like the idea of Lebron, Wade, Bosh, etc creating Dream Team 2010. Just seems like a way to monopolize the competition of the NBA. ......

5in10
01-14-2010, 03:29 PM
This trade would allow blair to stay in the game longer bc of how easily he could push bosh around compared to gasol/bynum.

BlackSwordsMan
01-14-2010, 03:47 PM
wait byrum according to laker fans was raping the shit out of duncan two days ago what happened?

iggypop123
01-14-2010, 05:06 PM
dr buss isnt that rich.

My Fault
01-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Was there really a need to start a second thread about something that's got no truth behind it?

Allanon
01-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Why would the Lakers want Bosh? That's craziness.

Bynum's the best "true" Center in the NBA right now with Yao out. Dwight is more of a hybrid Center.

A Bosh for Gasol would be more likely and even that's highly unlikely.

RedsLakers24
01-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Bosh is better than Bynum, but i dont think Bosh fits with the Lakers, i rather trade Bynum for a Stud PG, someone like D-Will

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Bynum is known to start playing his best ball in January..If he keeps playing like that & stays healthy I wouldnt want Bosh. Its nice having a true center.

If by "best ball" you mean "destroys his knee" then I would agree.

I wouldn't like the trade either if I was a Laker fan. Bosh plays the same position as Pau. He's an athletic 7 footer who isn't good in the post and might be soft. When you've got an athletic 7 footer who is good in the post and might be soft, you gotta take your chances. Especially when you can keep the other one who isn't good in the post.

Scola
01-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Scary deal, it would definitely make the Lakers better than anyone else. It might be worth it for the Raptors since Bosh is leaving at the end of the season. It would be a gamble for the Lakers since Bosh could opt not to resign but I think he would probably stay if here were traded to LA. The Lakers could offer the best contract and he would be on a very talented team. I hope it doesn't happen, I would love to see a Bosh/Lebron combo in Chicago or see him pair up with Wade in Miami.

Donkeybong
01-16-2010, 12:10 AM
i wouldnt do it. Bynum is the defensive presence we need in the paint. He changes shots more than anyone on the Lakers.

Kobe™
01-16-2010, 12:29 AM
I've said before I wouldn't do it, and that remains unchanged.

Smooth Criminal
01-16-2010, 12:54 AM
Definitely wouldn't do it. Bosh>Bynum now, but in the future Bynum could be better, Plus, he's a true Center. /Thread

21_Blessings
01-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Bynum's already 3 times the defender. Lakers get worse and redudant with Bosh when he can't play center. Odom/Pau already give the Lakers what Bosh would bring. Pau isn't durable enough to play heavy minutes at the 5 every night.

Muser
01-16-2010, 08:43 AM
Bynum's already 3 times the defender. Lakers get worse and redudant with Bosh when he can't play center. Odom/Pau already give the Lakers what Bosh would bring. Pau isn't durable enough to play heavy minutes at the 5 every night.

This is true, Bosh/Pau would get dominated by Dwight/Shaq etc.