PDA

View Full Version : So now that Terry's done...

Ghazi
01-14-2010, 03:20 PM
What does the beloved boys in blue FO do? This issue has to be addressed IMO... you cannot just hope Terry picks it up come playoff time... if anything he'll get worse due to his declining speed and lack of size. It's hard being a 6'0 2 guard in this league Terry's done a respectable job... but I wouldn't trust this man come playoff time! He's lost "it".

Mavs need a true 2nd option!

Swear this team would have 30 wins by now if Terry was playing like he was before the ASB last year.

few notes: Terry is shooting 42.9% from the field and 33.5% from behind teh arc this year would both be his lows by a LOT as a Maverick... also points per shot would be his lowest since 03-04 (with the Hawks)...

38 games into the season... sample size is relatively large IMHO.

JamStone
01-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Jason Terry
Josh Howard
Drew Gooden

for

Rip Hamilton
Tayshaun Prince
Jason Maxiell

Do it.

Ghazi
01-14-2010, 03:27 PM
If your 2nd option is notorious for shooting, and he isn't even good at that anymore... there's gonna be trouble come playoff time.

It's almost as if we're default 2nd in the West for the time being cause the Mavs haven't even looked that good... if this recent slump continues 2nd can quickly become 5th/6th..

antgomez2009
01-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Im a Spurs Fan, and I know that Jason Terry is still relitively better than most 2 guards in the league, especially as a sixth man! You need to hold your breath, and deal with it! Didnt he win the Sixth man award last year!! He's going through a little slump, im sure he'll turn it up after ASB. Which is a concern for me, the Spurs and rest of the fans! Your team needs to play better D, and have more Chemistry on the Court, it seems like the only thing i hear about is Dirk this, Dirk that, they need more help from Marion, Howard (coming back from an injury), Gooden, Kidd! You cant blame everything on Terry, although he has declined a little! Its a team thing, not a terry Thing! Think Overall (Championship) rather than specific things (Regular Season)!!

Muser
01-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Mavs need a legit big who can defend the paint, Terry will be fine.

ElNono
01-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Donnie has bigger fish to fry... Dallas isn't going anywhere and it's not because of Terry...

I'll address the first point:
- You cannot SERIOUSLY walk into the playoffs with JJ Barea playing meaningful minutes. (Just like we couldn't seriously walk into the playoffs last year with Bonner as a starter).

And so on...

Darthkiller
01-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Jason Terry
Josh Howard
Drew Gooden

for

Rip Hamilton
Tayshaun Prince
Jason Maxiell

Do it.

add in roddy buckets and we will waive terry and gooden so they can go back to the mavs.

Findog
01-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Donnie has bigger fish to fry... Dallas isn't going anywhere and it's not because of Terry...

I'll address the first point:
- You cannot SERIOUSLY walk into the playoffs with JJ Barea playing meaningful minutes. (Just like we couldn't seriously walk into the playoffs last year with Bonner as a starter).

And so on...

He played 12 minutes last night and Howard got 35 minutes as the starter. That still wasn't good enough to beat a Gasol-less Laker team with all of their recent issues, but I am hopefully that the distribution of minutes last night is a preview of things to come in May.

Ghayzi
01-14-2010, 05:31 PM
I love my JET in blue! :elephant:elephant:elephant:elephant:elephant

JamStone
01-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Ghay.

monosylab1k
01-14-2010, 05:45 PM
hey Ghazi, remember a year ago when I said the Mavs should trade Terry while his value was still high and you said some bullshit about how JET is too valuable to the team and the Mavs should never trade him?

Ghazi
01-14-2010, 05:49 PM
I never said that! I just said the market for him wouldn't be good because of his contract/age so we'd be better off just keeping him...I think :)

We don't even have to trade Terry now just make a trade that will allow this team to absorb Terry's shittiness and bump him down the totem pole of offensive weapons...IMO.

Halle Berry
01-14-2010, 06:25 PM
The same story took place on JET as well as the case of Josh.

Halle Berry
01-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Mavs need a legit big who can defend the paint, Terry will be fine.
Mavs are in a bigger need of a legit big that scores in the paint. Damp has been playing great this season at defensive end while his works has been passive at finest on the other end. When your shooters are curbstomped at the shooting line because of the lack of weapon in paint, you know they aren't supposed to be shooting fine.

Allanon
01-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Spurs and Mavs are almost guaranteed to meet in the Playoffs yet again. JET always looks like a basketball god against the Spurs.

For this reason alone, JET's going to be a Mav at least though this season.

mystargtr34
01-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Spurs and Mavs are almost guaranteed to meet in the Playoffs yet again. JET always looks like a basketball god against the Spurs.

For this reason alone, JET's going to be a Mav at least though this season.

Yea Josh Howard and Jason Terry should never be traded for that simple fact.. just trot them out for Spurs games for a garuanteed 20+ points on 50% shooting.

21_Blessings
01-14-2010, 08:37 PM
When Jordan Farmar shuts you down then yeah you're fucking done in this league.

gift of gab
01-14-2010, 09:11 PM
When Jordan Farmar shuts you down then yeah you're fucking done in this league.
:lol

exstatic
01-14-2010, 11:18 PM
If your 2nd option is notorious for shooting, and he isn't even good at that anymore... there's gonna be trouble come playoff time.

It's almost as if we're default 2nd in the West for the time being cause the Mavs haven't even looked that good... if this recent slump continues 2nd can quickly become 5th/6th..

I was looking at the standings today, and there was like 5.5 games between 2nd and 11th in the West. Fucking insane.

fevertrees
01-15-2010, 01:56 AM
How does it feel knowing the Mavs got that declining trash while the Hornets got DOWNTOWN Devin Brown in the 2 spot and lighting it up? :toast

badfish22
01-15-2010, 01:59 AM
How does it feel knowing the Mavs got that declining trash while the Hornets got DOWNTOWN Devin Brown in the 2 spot and lighting it up? :toast

It makes me feel a little better actually, thanks.

duhoh
01-15-2010, 03:01 AM
It makes me feel a little better actually, thanks.

:toast

:lmao

I_Speak_4_Dallas_Fan
01-15-2010, 03:22 AM
I hope Terry retires and they hang his jersey in that barn in SA.